Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5AkIfgioA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

fool of sound posted:

Chibi also reportedly took out an $8000 loan for the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter so he could voice a character, and presented it as landing a VA gig.

no way lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He didn't end up actually doing it, but he was very close.

also chibi and chibisoma are not the same person...sorry to break the illusion

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

pentyne posted:

who was the goon who got access to a mmo goon guild bank, then blew the entire bank trying to gamble?
There's a joke about Plinkey to be had here

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Antivehicular posted:

There is someone on my FFXIV world who is always just lying on the ground dead a few steps away from a primary teleport hub. They're wearing cash-shop gear. This has been going on for months. I have no idea if they're actually playing the game when I'm not online and somehow just always going back to "dead at the teleport hub" by the time I log in, but I'm kind of impressed at this point

is it Table Cloth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They should bring back Dark Age of Camelot

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what!!!! i have been MISLEAD

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I know too much about chibi since my friend used to watch a youtube channel in like 2006 or some poo poo called the GameToonZone and he was one of the people involved lol.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

pentyne posted:

who was the goon who got access to a mmo goon guild bank, then blew the entire bank trying to gamble?

An Imp Zone poster (goferchan, iirc?) cleaned out a clan stash on Kingdom of Loathing and lost it all on the Money Making Game, which was literally a double-or-nothing coin flip

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That information is irrelevant. I’ve decided to forget it.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Please don't post nenio here I still have nightmares about puzzles

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Antivehicular posted:

An Imp Zone poster (goferchan, iirc?) cleaned out a clan stash on Kingdom of Loathing and lost it all on the Money Making Game, which was literally a double-or-nothing coin flip

loving lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Antivehicular posted:

honestly justified, seems like they had a good chance of making some big money

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Antivehicular posted:

Mr. Accessory to a crime

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Watched this while delirious with COVID a couple months ago and I've never laughed that hard since

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr. Accessory to a crime

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr. Accessory to a crime

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr. Accessory to a crime

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr. Accessory to a crime

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

HonorableTB posted:

I just came across this saga in GIP, does anyone have any more information?

That's loving tragic :(

psydude posted:

Yes, but having a clearance is not a right, and people have been arrested for discussing classified programs on this forum before.

FrozenVent posted:

Years ago. Buddy posted about some technical stuff he shouldn’t have posted and Welp. He ended up dying by suicide iirc.

psydude posted:

Yep. Posted about the Air Force's nuclear detonation monitoring program (like how they detect underground tests and poo poo). It wound up drawing a conspicuous amount of foreign traffic to the forum, to the point where the admins had to make GiP members only.

He stopped posting one day, and then came back a few years later to say that he had been arrested by counter intelligence regarding it. I don't think he was ever formally prosecuted, but it basically ruined his career. Some time after that, a former roommate posted that he'd killed himself.

I have never heard this before and wow yeah that's sad

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 8, 2023

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thinking about the time phil played the re2 remake on hardcore and after dying to the first zombie multiple times concluded that the entire section was a puzzle

Phil is modern art

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

Grassy Knowles posted:

Mr. Accessory to a crime

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cool cool cool the epic GBS obituary gimmick account was a permabanned transphobe.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 8, 2023

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

i can't tell if it's like purposefully terrible and stupid or he's just that terrible and stupid

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Cool cool cool the epic GBS obituary gimmick account was a permabanned transphobe.

I usually lurk this thread but I gotta say that it unironically owns that there’s so many parts of the forums I know nothing about that even in this, the thread for explaining forums lore and poo poo, I still have no fuckin’ clue what this means. I love reading about the insane goings on outside of the small pockets of Video Games that I read.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

i can't tell if it's like purposefully terrible and stupid or he's just that terrible and stupid

nobody could keep up the act without breaking character for a single moment for like, 15 years or however long dsp's been going

phil is real

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

lol

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the karl pilkington of gaming

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Chasiubao posted:

it unironically owns that there’s so many parts of the forums I know nothing about that even in this, the thread for explaining forums lore and poo poo, I still have no fuckin’ clue what this means

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no... the Content...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jazerus posted:

nobody could keep up the act without breaking character for a single moment for like, 15 years or however long dsp's been going

phil is real

Or you become the act, like the tragedy of Larry the Cable Guy

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

it is pretty weird, I only became aware of Driftingmouse because in one other thread they were saying some lovely thing about a youtuber who happened to have adhd, and then they began their whole main character gimmick of demanding Cinema Discusso threads be restarted for 2023 and kept eating probes for it, alongside the obituary GBS gimmick. Caught a ban for doing the "take the T out of LGBT" meme and then tried to re-register, prompting admins to take a deeper look into who they really are.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hold up a second

what in the world is "the GBS Obituary Gimmick"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Alaois posted:

Hold up a second

what in the world is "the GBS Obituary Gimmick"

Dude constantly posting no effort obit threads for D-list at best celebrities and others. When he'd get probated, he's register burner accounts to keep posting them. Just a completely deranged individual so naturally the usual suspects responsible for GBS adored him and gave him with the "oh what a little scamp you are" treatment.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

haha what posted:

i lost too much of my life to world of warcraft

Not long before I quit I had literally 365 days plus change time played from like mid-07 to early 2013. WotLK raiding was miserable, but I loved dressing up for the hell of it, collecting pets, and solo’ing old raids.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the uo end game was hanging out at the bank in the most garish outfit possible and idling there all day

Riding my Ashes of Alar and showing off my Darkmoon Rabbit which I got in the same week, which at that point I realized I won the game. :smug: This was during Mists so I quit not long after that.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dude constantly posting no effort obit threads for D-list at best celebrities and others. When he'd get probated, he's register burner accounts to keep posting them. Just a completely deranged individual so naturally the usual suspects responsible for GBS adored him and gave him with the "oh what a little scamp you are" treatment.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lol that he thought that a trans person committing a crime meant it was safe to rip his mask off about hating trans people

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

SirSamVimes posted:

lol that he thought that a trans person committing a crime meant it was safe to rip his mask off about hating trans people

It's not the same as this guy but we booted a few people from Games because they only ever posted in the Star Citizen thread - I mean, only EVER posted there, this is the Star Citizen forum for them - and they hadn't absorbed the rest of SA's general culture and how it's shifted over the years. So one long-time poster there thought it was fine to start expressing textbook transphobic 'I just wish they wouldn't dilute what it means to be a woman' poo poo, and when they got booted suddenly there were two more all 'oh it's all WITCH HUNTS now? it's all WRONGTHINK now? people can't have OPINIONS now?'

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it is pretty weird, I only became aware of Driftingmouse because in one other thread they were saying some lovely thing about a youtuber who happened to have adhd, and then they began their whole main character gimmick of demanding Cinema Discusso threads be restarted for 2023 and kept eating probes for it, alongside the obituary GBS gimmick. Caught a ban for doing the "take the T out of LGBT" meme and then tried to re-register, prompting admins to take a deeper look into who they really are.

There really wasn't a reason to suspect Dm was a permabanned poster, but I think the gimmick started going to their head in the last few months and it caused them to slip up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The crazy part about this is that he has been doing it for quite some time. At least the last 2 years or so(?) and no one ever bothered to check if he was someone who was perma’d.