Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

I was visiting a weed-head friend yesterday and he showed us this stuff he's been buying called RSO THC dominant full extract cannabis oil.

Edibles are legally restricted to be sold in 100 mg packages, usually twenty 5mg or ten 10mg servings.

This stuff comes in a package of 7 syringes. Each syringe contains a full gram, so it's like buying 70 packages of edibles.

These are not injection syringes obviously, though they do look like they're holding black-tar heroin. It just dispenses a paste and you eat it.

My mind is still blown. I was like why is this so cheap? And he's like "Because no one wants to buy anything in a syringe", and I'm thinking, well then put it in something else?

This is the first I've ever heard of this, am I missing something? I know the concentration is good because my other friend tried some (like a 100mg dose, or 1/10th of one) and was perceptibly checked out.

its so cheap because the extraction process is cheap to do at scale and they can use shake or leftover stuff from their grow. It's also almost always been a 'medical' thing due to the strength and unclear dosing measurements, but with lots of people (like me i am signing this post) blowing out their tolerance, RSO is about to POP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
if you squirted RSO into your dickhole would it like work?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

bagmonkey posted:

its so cheap because the extraction process is cheap to do at scale and they can use shake or leftover stuff from their grow. It's also almost always been a 'medical' thing due to the strength and unclear dosing measurements, but with lots of people (like me i am signing this post) blowing out their tolerance, RSO is about to POP

Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket in price

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
how can i make it at home

e: how is it different than tincture?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jelly posted:

Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket in price

probably not, in Michigan there are like 2 companies that are just about RSO, distillate darts, pill doses, etc, plus another 3-4 that make RSO and it's been that way since I became a medical patient like 6 years ago

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Sunk Dunk posted:

e: how is it different than tincture?
RSO is full extract oil, tincture is usually made from distillate (so just the THC). I have seen RSO tincture, though, and I’m sure you could make RSO tincture but I’m not 100% sure what would be best to use as a solvent.

RSO is basically tar, too. No way you could dispense it through an eye dropper without cutting it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
RSO is also great because if you don't want to wait for the effects you can pop it under your tongue and get a fast high

Is something I learned just now

Hell yeah

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

precision posted:

RSO is also great because if you don't want to wait for the effects you can pop it under your tongue and get a fast high

Is something I learned just now

Hell yeah
Give us an update in about two hours.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I wish my state had all the cool weed stuff.

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
RSO is weed for people with cancer

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Give us an update in about two hours.

I've been beefing about a rice grain size drop every 2 hours for 2 days, haven't even used 1/3 of a 15 dollar syringe and have only smoked 2 bowls

This poo poo owns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Can you put it up your butt

Asking for a friend

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

precision posted:

Asking for a friend

yes. you get something like a 30% boost in efficacy, with the cannabinoids bypassing the liver

Quoting from a 'friend'

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Inspector Hound posted:

What the hell is clicking, it must be a metal that pops into/out of place when it gets hot enough?

Yeah it's the same thing that you might hear a toaster or kettle clicking at temperature

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

precision posted:

Asking for a friend

Shove a whole syringe up there at once and post a trip report

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I have no idea what kind of material you would absorb quickly or what would even be safe to stick in there in the first place

e probably use some kind of pill though

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Inspector Hound posted:

I have no idea what kind of material you would absorb quickly or what would even be safe to stick in there in the first place

e probably use some kind of pill though

If putting RSO under your tongue gets you high, shoving it up your rear end as-is will get you at least 30% higher

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

If putting RSO under your tongue gets you high, shoving it up your rear end as-is will get you st least 30% higher

Its just a very sensitive area, I don't want some kind of screaming infection going on down there for who knows how long because I wanted to get extra baked, and I always want to get extra baked

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Inspector Hound posted:

Its just a very sensitive area, I don't want some kind of screaming infection going on down there for who knows how long because I wanted to get extra baked, and I always want to get extra baked

People shove drugs up their rear end all the time, hell the dispensary down the street is always fully stocked with suppositories

Using a pill would probably be a good way to get an infection/hurt yourself tho

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

People shove drugs up their rear end all the time, hell the dispensary down the street is always fully stocked with suppositories

Using a pill would probably be a good way to get an infection/hurt yourself tho

I'd wipe it on my jeans first obviously.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I just exhale dabs through a maze of habitrail tubes I stick up my rear end

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

alcatraz gently caress boy posted:

drat bro sick setup

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

fuctifino posted:

yes. you get something like a 30% boost in efficacy, with the cannabinoids bypassing the liver

Quoting from a 'friend'

Uh oh. Those bottles of weed pills I have in my fridge uhhhhh

30% is a number..

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

alcatraz gently caress boy posted:

They call it a hamster hotbox. Classic.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

but with lots of people (like me i am signing this post) blowing out their tolerance

This post makes me sad because I really wish I could get actually-high again but by now I am probably beyond the point of being able to function without weed for a week or two in order to bring my tolerance down :(

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

deep dish peat moss posted:

This post makes me sad because I really wish I could get actually-high again but by now I am probably beyond the point of being able to function without weed for a week or two in order to bring my tolerance down :(

I'm seriously considering smoking a lil bit of weed this weekend because I could probably clear out in a day or two since I haven't smoked since February 15 and my birthday is in a week, but I'm also still looking for a job and waiting to hear on stuff so it's a real balance scale

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I greened out hard from RSO in the best way. Had an amazing nap. Woke up and dropped another big boy under my tongue. This stuff is a revelation. I'm gonna save so much money lol

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I maybe replied in the Addicts thread, but I had the same arc with RSO like twenty years ago. I don't care for Indica effects so it was sort of a novel thing for me, but two of my roommates hosed their world up for like two months with a syringe apiece. They'd squeeze a dollop onto a leaf bowl, each take like one rip, and be :okpos: for hours. For a long time we only knew it as hash oil and spoke of it with both fear and awe. Said two roommates also deep fried pizza rolls and wrapped them in cream cheese and pepperoni :dafuq::barf:

for fifteen smackers I should make the drive to Vegas

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The value proposition is frankly insane. I'm used to buying an eighth every other day. Meanwhile half this syringe has lasted me 2 days of heavy use. I'm gonna try putting it on top of a bowl right now

I used to make tea with resin, this reminds me of that lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

precision posted:

Holy poo poo what the f- :barf:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

The value proposition is frankly insane. I'm used to buying an eighth every other day. Meanwhile half this syringe has lasted me 2 days of heavy use. I'm gonna try putting it on top of a bowl right now

yeah actually that's very specifically what I remember about it - it was basically like God-resin, in taste and smell and consistency. I never tried eating it though :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Holy poo poo what the f- :barf:

Truly, prohibition brought out the worst in us

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

precision posted:

lmao I am extremely too able to imagine the flavor of this currently

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

This is gonna turn into the weed phenazepam thread now that everyone learned about RSO

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wish people would call it FECO (Full Extraction Cannabis Oil) rather than RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) - named after a dangerous quack

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I'm looking forward to RSO in 10 years

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

I wish people would call it FECO (Full Extraction Cannabis Oil) rather than RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) - named after a dangerous quack

look, whenever anyone asks I tell them that Rick Simpson Oil was originally created by a man named Rick Simpson who discovered one that he was lactating a strange, sticky brown substance that smelled kind of like processed cannabis. Eventually someone tricked him into a contract and to this day, every vial of Rick Simpson Oil you consume comes straight from Rick Simpson himself.

I refuse to tell anyone who he actually is, I tell them he's a loving psychopath who popularized a really medically beneficial extraction method. I too prefer FECO but it'd just confuse the gently caress out of most people

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
"Why is the Rise Rick Simpson Oil different than the Monster Xtracts Rick Simpson Oil?"

Well, that's because the barrels of what's known as RRSE, or Raw Rick Simpson Extract, are dropped off at the processor, at which point they made add in live resin terps or flavoring or whatever! :)

The more you know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

bagmonkey posted:

. I too prefer FECO but it'd just confuse the gently caress out of most people
Especially since there is FECO that is not RSO.

Plus, you know, the name sounds like poop.