Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the next welterweight title shot?
This poll is closed.
Colby Covington 2 3.51%
Belal Muhammad 17 29.82%
Shavkat Rakhmonov 3 5.26%
Matt Serra 26 45.61%
Marius Zaromskis 4 7.02%
Ben Quadrinaros 5 8.77%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

LobsterMobster posted:

Blanchfield is a flyweight.

Yeah that's why I added the "on short notice" bit, but also that's how bad the 135 landscape looks, :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
Amanda Nunes should start fighting 2 on 1 against strawweights.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I think Pennington's argument is the best, and I note that Julianna Pena got her initial, victorious title shot on the strength of a single victory, and that victory was a submission over Sara McMann, who was 1 for her last 3 and said 1 was her first victory since February of 2017.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
if you are a sicko, you can join the gdt for pfl and later ufc here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029316

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope Jerry is back.

buddy, have i got good news for you on this good friday

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Hollandia posted:

Do it but be warned it's a bit of a rough read

SquirrelGrip posted:

It’s gets pretty heavy at points, especially as someone who has friends who grew up in the same areas idolising hunt.

Ill definitely cw the heavy stuff.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Great flying knee, but the ref gave Bigdeli (which afaict is just a normal Iranian name and not a Thai gym sponsor) way too much rope on the 10-count. Was way too out of it to be sent back in.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Yeah I dunno wtf that ref was doing, he might as well have just kept counting past 10.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1644365855722184707?t=WqFT5G66G15xPFLeuJb-jA&s=19

Will Endeavour do it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I kinda doubt it. Unless they see the MMA revenue stream as a really strong area for their growth of this new company. I'd imagine if they did buy it, they'd merge it with the UFC. Bellator's brand name isn't quite strong.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Brut posted:

Yeah I dunno wtf that ref was doing, he might as well have just kept counting past 10.

Yeah, the guy never gets his hands up and the ref just sort of decides limply holding them at your waist is good enough to get back in there.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

The kick to the jaw as he fell to the floor was absolutely loving brutal... Wow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the ref caught his head after only one bounce

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

ONE has the fastest refs in the game. Dude managed to cradle the guy to the ground.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unperson_47 posted:

ONE has the fastest refs in the game. Dude managed to cradle the guy to the ground.

too bad its only for muay thai. the mma refs are, usually, the same idiots who are "yeah no we'll keep letting you get your face beaten in while you're unconscious" fans

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, the guy never gets his hands up and the ref just sort of decides limply holding them at your waist is good enough to get back in there.

"Hey, this guy needs me to repeat the instruction 3 or 4 times before he shows any response at all, I tell him to raise his hands to show he can properly defend himself and he only raises them to his waist with a dazed expression. Seems copacetic."

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Eh I dunno if that division is so clear, that's a Mauy Thai fight in the above clip where the ref has to convince the fighter to step to him (which he doesn't) and put his hands up (which he mostly doesn't) before letting him be immediately finished, and on the MMA side, I specifically have a really good impression of Mohamad Sulaiman, though I don't have any examples offhand as to why.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

That would be cool if it combines with PFL or maybe ONE. UFC already owns 90% of the mma talent, they don't need to buy any more orgs.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I would be very wary of tying the B-league ecosystem to the financial health of PFL or ONE.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

CarlCX posted:

I would be very wary of tying the B-league ecosystem to the financial health of PFL or ONE.

I just want Strikeforce to come back.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Found some good news in the fighting world for once:
https://twitter.com/Boco_T/status/1644796323139399681

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I just want Strikeforce to come back.
I want to see Nobuyuki Sakakibara buy them for a horse head and it can be him vs Vince & Dana.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029316&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Head on back to the GDT for Pereira/Izzy 2, prelims begin in half an hour.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good riddance and go gently caress yourself you stupid piece of poo poo

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mekchu posted:

good riddance and go gently caress yourself you stupid piece of poo poo

Amen brother

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

congrats to the one goon who had that casual fan friends watch party thing tonight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jorge masvidal: a career summary

the bad motherfucker
was just bad, motherfucker.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What fights were worth watching from last night? I only saw the women's super cardio v no cardio match, and apparently kg had a good match?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Rob Font & the main, kg fight was funny aaaaand there was another goodun that I cant remember

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Leon Edwards is the current lineal BMF title holder from what I can see

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I missed the 💎 on his analyst debut last night, was he good?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I already know a lot of you on here will hate this but to me, lmfao

https://twitter.com/BlacklistRazor1/status/1644937069662199811?t=

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

lol that has stuck in his head for so long and when he finally vindicated himself he made sure to make fun of that child.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmfao Izzy is such a petty dick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

'haha, your father is hurt badly!' taunts israel adesanya, who is not mad.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

that rules so much

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
izzy seconds after ko'ing pereira

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

beep by grandpa posted:

I missed the 💎 on his analyst debut last night, was he good?

I didn't think so, but to me he looked super nervous. He was stumbling over his words.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

crepeface posted:

lmfao Izzy is such a petty dick

Lol he literally said in the presser that he's fuckin petty and he made sure to find him in the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like being petty as much as anyone but that's some small dick energy.