Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Then, Now
Forever, Together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Digital Jedi posted:

HHH's speech was about the draft in a few weeks

I'll give 'em this - the WWE Draft SHOULD be after WrestleMania, because your major storylines should end at WrestleMania. Putting it before Survivor Series just hosed with the flow of the year.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Majinfoose posted:

The shows should be booked by the Muppets. Still less chaos than Vince, more charming, a lot less rapey.

I still love that canonically, Beaker is Sheamus' cousin.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol the loving draft

this poo poo keeps getting funnier

i'm so glad WWE is back to their old ways

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
But it’s going to be the biggest draft ever…

I don’t even know what that means, honestly. The roster is smaller than previous years, and everyone usually gets drafted except that year Heath Slater didn’t get drafted somehow

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

In theory a draft is a great opportunity for storytelling, but it needs the following:

• Competing authority figures
  • alternating picks
  • storylines going into and coming out of the show

Otherwise it's just a Superstar Shakeup.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oh boy, a brand draft, this will surely work out better than the last six times they've done this

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Half the roster is gonna get shoot drafted to dynamite

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
are they going to have Vince and HHH on each side of the draft? How do you a draft with no show GMs? Have commentary make the picks?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

skaboomizzy posted:

Oh boy, a brand draft, this will surely work out better than the last six times they've done this

100% chance GUNTHER is moved to Raw to put over Roman

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

abraham linksys posted:

are they going to have Vince and HHH on each side of the draft? How do you a draft with no show GMs? Have commentary make the picks?

Have they ever had actual people make the picks? I always remember it being a dumb animated graphic that randomly picked or something.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

1glitch0 posted:

Have they ever had actual people make the picks? I always remember it being a dumb animated graphic that randomly picked or something.

they had "war rooms" a few years ago, the Fox one had the football robot in it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

skaboomizzy posted:

they had "war rooms" a few years ago, the Fox one had the football robot in it

Ah, I remember hearing about the football robot.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I like when Stephanie would come out, announce like 10 different names that were switching brands and then leave and they'd immediately cut to some eminently missable match while the announcers vaguely tried to talk about the roster changes and call the lovely match at the same time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Remember that one year (maybe it was even last year?) where they did the draft, and within a month, the majority of Smackdown's picks had been released?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Superstar Shakeup

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stage 3: Bargaining

Eat My Fuc posted:

My brother in christ he lost one match, the main event of a massively successful show. The Rock lost to a heel at Wrestlemania. Kenny Omega lost to Okada like 2 times in a row. The first time was at Wrestle Kingdom! Nobody threw a chicken i’ll give you that one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if I would compare Kenny Omega going on a two year quest across like three hours of in-ring time to hit Okada with the One Winged Angel and take his championship with "and then the guy who was ejected for interfering with the match interferes with the match."

That finish made Cody look like a loving moron. Maybe he'll win the belt eventually, but it won't be part of some carefully laid out long term story like Kenny or Naito or Hangman. It'll just be like Bryan at Wrestlemania 30. Eventually, they'll stop loving up and do the thing they should've done months ago. And then they'll probably immediately screw it up afterwards anyway.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roman loses the belts. Possibly at a Wawa.

Just like Jericho that one time at Outback Steakhouse.

Since the belts are missing, nobody will be able to beat Roman for them.

Those are the rules.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The funnier outcome imho is Roman twists his ankle while working out or something and has to vacate the title.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Seams posted:

The funnier outcome imho is Roman twists his ankle while working out or something and has to vacate the title.

He appears so infrequently nowadays that the question is would they even bother?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

I assume this is what he's planning when he can't convince them to just put him over anymore. Not like he's gonna face any consequences for it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I wonder if they are gonna use this draft to create another world title so Roman doesn't have to lose. He can be the then, now, forever champ.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On Roman, do we know who his next feud will be with? Coz Cody is done, and will be getting beaten up by Brock for the next month or two. So who is "big" or important enough to challenge Roman?

On the same thought, what are they going to do wrt Bloodline stories? Usos vs KO/Sami will be something for a little while. But apart from that they have gently caress all. And even if they try, all the entertaining stuff was Sami, so will it just be interminable long segments of joyless Roman saying "Grr argh I am the Tribal Chief"?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

Half the roster is gonna get shoot drafted to dynamite

Them doing a draft so soon after the sale and the buyers openly talking about layoffs coming soon does make it likely there are talent not picked anywhere so there's an excuse to fire them

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dear King Chicken and Chickensan: "Kingdom" cover when?

https://youtu.be/AVlzryCQg8s

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Roman, do we know who his next feud will be with? Coz Cody is done, and will be getting beaten up by Brock for the next month or two. So who is "big" or important enough to challenge Roman?

On the same thought, what are they going to do wrt Bloodline stories? Usos vs KO/Sami will be something for a little while. But apart from that they have gently caress all. And even if they try, all the entertaining stuff was Sami, so will it just be interminable long segments of joyless Roman saying "Grr argh I am the Tribal Chief"?

Don't forget endless bits of Paul Heyman screeching about the Tribal Chief and "ACKNOWLEDGE HIM!"

Roman was Vince's pet from the go, and Vince is going to ride that train as long as he possibly can. Roman certainly costs less than Brock and he's now on a Brock-esque limited appearances schedule, so he isn't dropping the titles until SummerSlam at the earliest, and I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see him hang onto the titles until next year's WrestleMania, which will likely be billed as yet another SHOWCASE OF THE IMMORTALS or some poo poo like that. (Vince is still convinced that he can get The Rock back, but even though his schedule has dried up after the wet fart of Black Adam, he can't get insured to wrestle after he ripped his ab muscle in his last match.)

Brock is probably going on vacation again, so now that Cody has been decisively demoted to the midcard, I'm guessing Roman's next feuds will be with some permutation of Omos, Gunther, Bron Breakker, and maybe they recycle the Seth Rollins feud since Logan Paul's a part-timer. Finn, too, possibly, if there's a shakeup in the draft.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Finish the story was obviously referencing the Seth Rollins feud. They had at least... 20 more chapters to go there.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They build up ko to challenge roman until summerslam where he gets squashed and sent down to feud with cody until mania

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Lamuella posted:

In theory a draft is a great opportunity for storytelling, but it needs the following:

• Competing authority figures
  • alternating picks
  • storylines going into and coming out of the show

Otherwise it's just a Superstar Shakeup.

I agree with this but I would have both brands draft from nxt. Give each brand maybe 5 picks or something. You could also add trades to the show to shake up the existing roster.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Who says it won't be Cody again? We already heard Roman isn't appearing on the next PPV and will only wrestle on the Blood Money show. That's a Saudi show so they can just have him wrestle, I dunno... Headbanger Mosh or someone else a coked up sheikh remembers from his youth. Then take a month off because why not, it's cool when the holder of both of your belts doesn't do poo poo with them, by then Cody's had a couple of months to feud with Brock and is ready to be squashed by Roman again at Summerslam!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

I dunno if I would compare Kenny Omega going on a two year quest across like three hours of in-ring time to hit Okada with the One Winged Angel and take his championship with "and then the guy who was ejected for interfering with the match interferes with the match."

lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I like Dominick Mysterio a lot. Love that there’s a wrestler with an AJ Soprano gimmick and it’s over.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

The last post of the goldmined thread should be edited to be a repository for all of the absolute gold like this that got posted after its closing. Because jesus christ.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I assume that right after the draft with the commentators talking up the impact certain people will have on the brands that most of those said people get fired that week

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Or they’ll get drafted and still show up on each show cause who could possibly give a gently caress?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NienNunb posted:

I like Dominick Mysterio a lot. Love that there’s a wrestler with an AJ Soprano gimmick and it’s over.

He’s so good. Best heel in the company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ve been enjoying his work on Monday and/or Friday nights

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The last draft (2021):

Night 1:
1) Roman
2) Big E
3) Charlotte
4) Bianca
5) Drew
6) RK-Bro
7) The New Day
8) Edge
9) Corbin/Moss
10) Nikki ASH/Rhea
11) Hit Row
12) Keith "Bearcat" Lee
13) Naomi
14) The Mysterios
15) Jeff Hardy
16) Theory

Night 2:
1) Becky
2) The Usos
3) Lashley/MVP
4) Sasha
5) Rollins
6) Nakamura/Boogs
7) Priest
8) Sheamus
9) Styles/Omos
10) Baszler
11) KO
12) Xia Li
13) Street Profits
14) Viking Raiders
15) Finn
16) Ricochet
18) Garza/Carrillo
19) Alexa
20) Cesaro
21) Carmella
22) Holland
23) Gable Steveson
24) Sami

Takes: Big E :(; wow, good for Sami and Rhea; and they're never doing anything with Steveson are they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gable Steveson is surely a first round pick. He’s undefeated on the Raw roster since being drafted in 2021