Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Failed Imagineer posted:

Perfect the way it is imo

lmao. I think you are right.

I did this to try and capture Kieth's decisiveness and clarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

lmao. I think you are right.

I did this to try and capture Kieth's decisiveness and clarity

Lol, the MP for Scarfolk

Also, nice signature, jerk. "Kev Otwurr"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
:toot::toot::toot:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:yeah:

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Heck yeahhhhh

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
she's dead. but she basically won. feels poo poo man

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Honk

Oct 4, 2005

I needed this today, thank you :unsmith:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I quite like it with absolutely nothing.

Also in hunting around, goddamn there are so many awful pictures of him.

From the wet eggs classic

to

to whatever the hell this is

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

myfriendsarejustoffscreen.png

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Rot in Piss.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Mebh posted:

I quite like it with absolutely nothing.

Also in hunting around, goddamn there are so many awful pictures of him.

From the wet eggs classic

to

to whatever the hell this is

someone with photoshop put him over twin peaks bob

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Have to poo poo

making GBS threads

I made a poo poo!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Highly exclusive catte taxe from me going to the market, because I am in arrears and it complements the celebratory mood, I am sure the catte would also poo poo on thatcher's grave

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Big Brain Easter poo poo from the Gay-Disliker

https://twitter.com/timfarron/status/1644142672716734467?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Does anyone really still dispute that a guy called Josh probably existed and got nailed to some wood for telling people to be nice to each other in a way that upset the local priest class

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tim Farronsee.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Dabir posted:

Does anyone really still dispute that a guy called Josh probably existed and got nailed to some wood for telling people to be nice to each other in a way that upset the local priest class

Joshemy Chrismbly

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Like sorry for the I am 12 and this is atheism bit, but Tim must know that it's the supernatural powers that people don't buy, right? You can argue that a guy probably existed all you like, but I'm not going to accept that therefore he definitely performed a variety of mostly water-based magic tricks.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I regret to inform you that Jeremy Crebbin had pissy toilets

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1644639832583307264?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

when you're definitely not psycho-sexually obsessed with your predecessor. you're just walking around all day smelling their phantom piss, like a regular election-winning party.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

How could Jeremy Corbyn piss in my trousers!?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Because in the year of our lord 2023 we certainly have no precedent for people desperately wanting to claim they are the victim of persecution to gain political clout.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

I regret to inform you that Jeremy Crebbin had pissy toilets

Perhaps they should start with figuring out how to fix a toilet before moving on to fixing a country.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Oh hey it's the cult of the victim/cult of the hero debate that's been going on since the first century.

Guess I'll worship Zeus, the cool god that fucks, thanks Tim.
:thumbsup:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Gods being killed or sacrificing themselves is like, all over the place, of course. Prometheus comes to mind. Osiris. Balder. Odin even gets nailed to a tree, iirc.

No big surprise some random 1st century Jewish insurgent/cult leader having been executed, at a time of a whole other bunch of unrest in Judea at the time (which in a century's time ends up with Bar Kochba's revolt), ends up being associated with that tradition as a way to cope when his followers just cannot accept he ded. Then some charismatic Roman rear end in a top hat called Saul decides he wants in on this cult leadership thing, 'conveniently' sees the previous cult leader from beyond the grave in a burning bush with no witnesses, takes over, and spreads it around outside the Jewish community and brings in a bunch of gentiles.

Edit: note - he didn't die because he upset the local priestly caste, however the Bible frames it. He rode into Jerusalem on a donkey surrounded by hordes of adoring followers, and the Roman procurator was like 'nope, can't be having this, there'll be an armed uprising if I don't do something about it'. So he handed him over to the collaborationist government to sentence him for them (more politic, see), then, again, the Roman army executed him. 'The Jews decided to kill him all off their own bat because he pissed them off' has led to quite a lot of dark history.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 8, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think the only useful takeaway from the whole thing is that anyone engaging in literalism is likely a huge prick, and anyone who did anything socially useful with Christian themes, from Desmond Tutu back to St Paul, was strongly likely to be an anti-literalist and go with messaging/themes/things they came up with that sounded good.

That ties in interestingly with the JC's broad claim that Christianity is inherently antisemitic

Gonzo McFee posted:

The Centrists have found a new JC to call antisemitic.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1643605768413892609

Not surprising considering his views on business in the Temple.
Because that in kind requires an assumption of the literalist interpretation. But it is true that anyone reading the text literally is required to either reject Christianity or be an antisemite. So it's fortunate for 2 billion odd people that literalism is not required.

So that's definitely a path I'd avoid treading if I were Tim.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

<-- woop woop

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

josh04 posted:

when you're definitely not psycho-sexually obsessed with your predecessor. you're just walking around all day smelling their phantom piss, like a regular election-winning party.

It's also arguable that it's better to have your party based in slightly grotty offices* when you're in opposition, since you can then incentivise people into working extra hard to win an election so that you can move into plushier digs.
But no, these are a bunch of middle-class-with-aspiration manbabies who can only function effectively when the biggest problem with their office is the white powder that weirdly keeps popping up everywhere.

* - we can add 'grotty offices' to the stdh_starmers_labour.txt, I think

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
anyone got a quick primer on Streeting and his desire to sell off the NHS?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

Ten years since Thatch kicked the bucket, and Blair is looking increasingly unwell

https://twitter.com/horrorhammer1/status/1644591403245137921?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

looool saving this :hehe:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lest We Forget

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Oh yay, Labour's continuing with this nonsense

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1644714653807788032

:toot:

e: lol
https://twitter.com/L3GSV/status/1644395499011678214

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 8, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Pissgate has also backfired on them lol

https://twitter.com/fromstevehowell/status/1644702702071582720?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why has Jeremy Corbyn poo poo my pants?

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Why has Jeremy Corbyn poo poo my pants?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Basic ethics in journalism: can't refer to the report unless it's confirmed by anonymous WhatsApp sources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:allears: