Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

masterpine posted:

It absolutely fuckin sucks that someone should be stopped from doing what they love and have spent their life working towards but the AFL really can't let Paddy McCartin go on. Innocuous gentle head contact with the ground and he's annihilated. Sickening stuff.

It's too late to compensate after they've stopped playing, got to be some sort of mechanisms in place to look after players financially to save them from themselves.

Yeah he's cooked and should be told he's not playing anymore. Such light contact and he's gone down like a sack of poo poo.

Doesn't the AFLPA have some fund for situations like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

monolithburger posted:

gently caress Mitch Owens rules. 15 contested possies so far.

Young gun coming good, absolutely wonderful to see.

McCartin :smith: haven’t seen the incident yet but he was on extra time last year, but was always a bonus or borrowed.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol that ending

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

harperdc posted:

Young gun coming good, absolutely wonderful to see.

McCartin :smith: haven’t seen the incident yet but he was on extra time last year, but was always a bonus or borrowed.

Hopefully he's only strained it. Owens is a real find, if he can avoid injury he'll be a monster.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

At least that game ended with some powerful comedy. Shameful from the swans.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
chaos ending

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
It's increasingly likely I get zero tips correct this round

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Swans could use a good defence like Aliir hey.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/NicNegrepontis/status/1644677526894305280?t=XZkQtxm-RSwSlb1WICpHIA&s=19

Hah

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol @ Essendon's kicking

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
How good would it be for the Hawks to get up today

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

How good would it be for the Hawks to get up today

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like how despite not watching the footy at all, Carlton have earned me a free burger so far this season.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Chairchucker posted:

I like how despite not watching the footy at all, Carlton have earned me a free burger so far this season.

more and more people are eating them

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Usually by round 5 we have an understanding of where teams are at, but it feels like we'll need 10 rounds this year.

Solid round coming up:

Can Adelaide keep up with Carlton?
Can Essendon keep up with Melbourne?
Can the Saints keep up with Collingwood?
Freo vs. Gold Coast - A big 'uh oh...' for whoever loses
Dogs vs. Port - Are either of these teams any good?
Sydney vs. Richmond - Have Sydney gone backwards? Are Richmond finally done?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Kick Accuracy Interference Technique is legitimate and patent pending.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://www.twitter.com/stkildafc/status/1645706160576806912

Yay! :buddy:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Gather Round giving strong Ansett Cup+AFL X guernsey design vibes

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

looking forward to seeing how hosed AO/Norwood are by Sunday

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Gather Round seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Why are there two games at Norwood? Why not have a game up north and a game down south too.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Crows jumper sucks

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

Seams posted:

Gather Round seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to me. Why are there two games at Norwood? Why not have a game up north and a game down south too.

It's for the Rich liberal party voters.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

Crows jumper sucks

I kind of like it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's honestly not that bad, and it'd make a good alternative.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I hate the clip art icon crow being used.

Bush league graphic design. Hire an actual artist to do your logos, Adelaide.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

snaeksikn posted:

Gather round sucks

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hey might be nice to also share an image :v:

https://twitter.com/AFL/status/1646367536118927362

It’s fine. I’ve seen worse.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

snaeksikn posted:

I hate the clip art icon crow being used.

Bush league graphic design. Hire an actual artist to do your logos, Adelaide.

There's a bit of history there, which is that Adelaide fans have almost universally rejected the more modern Crows logo that came in around 2010. So harkening back to the original one is kind of a sop to all the fans who hate the new look. Obviously, if they decide to go back to the old style logo on a permanent basis, they'd need to modernise it somewhat.

Crows fans can be funny about changes like that. At one point shortly after winning our two premierships we changed one line of our song (from memory it went from "we're the mighty Adelaide Crows" to "and we're known as the Adelaide Crows") and a certain portion of the fanbase still hasn't gotten past it.

cmndstab fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 13, 2023

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Can't beat a giant bird, imo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

There's a bit of history there, which is that Adelaide fans have almost universally rejected the more modern Crows logo that came in around 2010. So harkening back to the original one is kind of a sop to all the fans who hate the new look. Obviously, if they decide to go back to the old style logo on a permanent basis, they'd need to modernise it somewhat.

Crows fans can be funny about changes like that. At one point shortly after winning our two premierships we changed one line of our song (from memory it went from "we're the mighty Adelaide Crows" to "and we're known as the Adelaide Crows") and a certain portion of the fanbase still hasn't gotten past it.

Steven Trigg paid a lot of money to a design firm to trace the Baltimore Ravens logo in 2010, and he reacted pretty badly to the criticim and dug the logo in deep. Even his replacement, who is also now gone, spent his entire tenure batting away requests for a new logo. The new guy is making it seem like a new logo will come with the new HQ as an overall brand update, or that may also be wishful thinking.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
You're hearing it less and less

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Is this real Crom or is this just fantasy

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What's the general Crows fan consensus on this jaunty fellow?

Coz I like him, and think you should go back to him.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I'd love the Saints to keep up with Collingwood but history is against them. Collingwood have even won more games at Adelaide Oval than Saints, but the biggest problem is their fitness and their playing style which is a lot more flexible than anything I've seen Ross Lyons come up with.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just make indigenous guernsey the one they use every week imo.

EDIT: The 2015 one because that's the one I got and it rules

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Chairchucker posted:

Just make indigenous guernsey the one they use every week imo.

EDIT: The 2015 one because that's the one I got and it rules

:hmmyes:

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I liked tonight's crows design more than the blues guernsey. I'm fine with the white top, but give it a navy monogram. Same with Essendon's red sash on a red top - just go with the total reverse, it's enough of a clash.

Design aside, does Adelaide have a much tighter guernsey than everyone else? I think that every time I see them play, going back several years. Good to reduce tackles, I guess.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Was a p good night for football tbh

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I have so much trouble accepting that the Crows could actually be good again. It feels like the other shoe is going to drop any week now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Blues fans bitching and moaning again. Nature is healing.