Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the only good thing about papa johns is that its cheap as poo poo here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

papa johns was ahead of the game with shipping garlic butter by default tho

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

there are probably at least a dozen good / great local pizza spots here, in a variety of styles. with that much competition, the only chain pizza that manages to do well is dominos. pizza hut, papa johns, any other chain has folded; i'd have to drive like 30 min for the nearest pizza hut. can't think of any other pizza chains within at least 45 min

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Beeftweeter posted:

little caesars fills that niche very nicely around here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i fr*aking hate papa johms!!

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

little caesars pizza sucks. the breadsticks and the $0.25 simon says knockoff rock though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i like pizza hut but i haven't had it in years. too many good local pan pizza places

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
babby pan pan

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nudgenudgetilt posted:

little caesars pizza sucks. the breadsticks and the $0.25 simon says knockoff rock though

you suck!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

see? it’s the thinking person’s pizza.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

oh! i forgot little caesar's. we have one of those a few towns over. i guess that's in a different spot in my mind. i go there once in a while. the pizza is okay but i think they're pretty good as a company, so i drop by once in a while

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i've come around on pizza pizza. we get it every couple weeks mostly because of price and because my kid will eat it with a variety of topping choices. she'll only eat little caesar's if it's plain cheese and eff that

papa john's sucks mostly because they have bad quality toppings and they put too much of them on, leading to undercooked and lukewarm-topped which is especially ugh if any of your toppings are meat

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

little caesars fills that niche very nicely around here

aren’t you required to make out with hungry howie or is that less of a michigan staple then i have been lead to believe

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the best thing about costco pizza is that they are easy to just keep in the freezer for lazy nights

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

aren’t you required to make out with hungry howie or is that less of a michigan staple then i have been lead to believe

little caesers is the elder statesman of michigan pizza.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

we've been getting dominoes lately because it's on the way home from my kid's dance lessons and it's surprisingly decent

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Elder Postsman posted:

we've been getting dominoes lately because it's on the way home from my kid's dance lessons and it's surprisingly decent

it really is.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

probably the best bet for takeout pizza around here imo is cottage inn. pricier than little caesars, papa johns, etc, but also pretty good.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jets, hungry Howies, and lil sleezy’s are the best chain places in order of goodness around here. there’s a few restaurants close by that do a really good Detroit style that we get when pizza isn’t our “poo poo there’s nothing in the fridge”

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

probably the best bet for takeout pizza around here imo is cottage inn. pricier than little caesars, papa johns, etc, but also pretty good.

cottage inn rules and I’m glad u have them in Kzoo

do you have buddy’s over there?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
pizzaria uno is pretty good chain pizza but it's expensive

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

costco thoughts:

- pizza used to be better than ok when they did deluxe and 3-meat. we used to order whole pizzas when they did. with just pep or cheese they are solid kids pizza slice for the price

- bagels wise they are probably the best grocery-store grade for everything and jalapeno cheese flavors in terms of taste/quality. i don't really like having to buy minimum 2 sleeves of 6, but the price is right. quantity means i have to freeze them which makes the quality issue worse

- we regularly buy milk, eggs, bananas, apples, berries (straw/blue/rasp), cereal (currently maple vector), laundry detergent, frozen battered fish, frozen yakitori packets, frozen mini pizzas for my kid, lunchmeat, sliced cheese, kids juiceboxes + applesauce packets + granola bars, and jarred pasta sauce. steaks/ground beef/pork butt/ribs and the roasted chicken and lasagna are frequent buys too.

- basically if you have an adult who works on site who brownbags and/or a kid who needs a packed lunch then the quantities usually work well for price

- we don't do booze at costco in canada booooo

- good optical center and gas bar

- there's a ton of other services i never use and never have but which are apparently good if you need them

- not bad for other things like electric toothbrush and replacement heads but basically they have an excellent return policy that you can and should avail yourself of, as ethically as possible

the milk is a really good deal if you have a spare fridge. I like to get six boxes of the organic carton milk and it’s good for like two months as long as you don’t open it, which means I don’t need to run to the corner randomly when we run out of milk

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Elder Postsman posted:

when those pick 2 or more items was like $5 for takeout it was an incredible deal too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

cottage inn rules and I’m glad u have them in Kzoo

do you have buddy’s over there?

huh, looks like we do. never had it though. good?

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

costco isn’t worth the membership here because of how much of a living hell the parking lot is.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the parking lot for this one is really nice. the real horror show is trying to get gas there any time of the week that isn't 6:00 AM on a sunday

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Beeftweeter posted:

i like their breadsticks :shobon:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

lol my wife occasionally gets papa johns cravings and it disgusts me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjdyUtd9tE

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

what the gently caress

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Ciaphas posted:

i like their breadsticks :shobon:

they actually are pretty good

she ordered this thing maybe a month and a half ago. it wasn't that bad tbh but it was loving massive and nobody wanted the leftovers lol

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it is not even that hard to make a passable bagel. you use high gluten flour, shape it by hand, boil it, then bake it. grocery store (or costco) bagels do none of these things. they use the wrong flour, machine made, and they steam the fuckers. it looks like a bagel, but it's just a bread torus

this is extremely true and i just wanna reiterate it

you can use AP flour as well the texture is less dense though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

i used to win free pizzas on this thing all the time. but then they got rid of it :(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the milk is a really good deal if you have a spare fridge. I like to get six boxes of the organic carton milk and it’s good for like two months as long as you don’t open it, which means I don’t need to run to the corner randomly when we run out of milk
they used to carry packs of shelf-stable microfiltered organic fussy 2% milk which was super handy to have when the normal stuff ran out yeah

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
one pizza place near me growing up had a table pac-man game and a street fighter 2 cabinet, which i think are two perfect choices

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

President Beep posted:

the thinking person’s pizza.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

one pizza place near me growing up had a table pac-man game and a street fighter 2 cabinet, which i think are two perfect choices

gotta throw in some pinball before it's perfect

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

mine had the pac-man table but instead of sf2 it had super offroad

it owned but gray truck is a loving cheater :argh:

(e) might've had the simpsons beatemup too but i think i'm conflating that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i went to a pizza place just yesterday that had a VS. Super Mario Bros. cabinet, which i completely forgot existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just got back from the years first trip to the nature preserve with little jones. too chilly for backyard camping tonight. i'm in my underwear drinking a beer on the couch. little jones is playing switch. ms jones is messing around on her phone. soon i will shower, but for now i am fully sedentary