Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Great Beer posted:

Delivery from the Past is an unreasonably hard mission for how early it shows up.

It is the crucible from which Tarkov players are poured and forged. Absolute hell on the first wipe, much easier next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Honestly I had more trouble with that drat bronze pocketwatch (well, surviving to extract with the bastard) my first time around.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That one isn't terrible if you can extract at the tank behind construction. Having to survive consecutively on customs and then factory is some bullshit.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OqFPigDYOw

New Arena teaser looks sick. Been looking forward to this after getting tired of doing a bunch of quests for the 6th or 7th time

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was considerably more interested in Arena before the whole cheating (re)revelations thing. Not that there aren’t plenty of cheaters in other modern arena shooters, look at Warzone 1 but I don’t trust Tarkov to provide a remotely competitive field.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think The Cycle: Frontier handled hackers pretty well with their method. Some still slip through the cracks, but I wonder if Battlestate could do the same. They basically group the hackers with each other and everyone else with everyone else. It takes time for your account to be marked as "safe", but when it is, you get grouped into the safe servers. If your account is found to be cheating, they put you with the cheaters. I think, even if you are only suspected of cheating, you'll get grouped with the cheaters until you are considered safe enough to go back onto the safe servers, but I haven't played in awhile so i'm not entirely sure precisely how it works.

Also, The Cycle awards compensation if you report a cheater and they verify it. It's not all of the loot you found, but what you bring in is returned, so it's something.

Battlestate also has a whole RMT issue, which lures hackers in and The Cycle doesn't have as much of one, for many reasons.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean, I think the people that go on about Battlestate not doing anything about cheaters because they’re in on the RMT market and all that are one fly short of a whole soup but I also don’t think they really make much of an effort at it either, from what we can see.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Yea, but it's also profitable for Battlestate to just ban the hackers and have them purchase new ones. They even sometimes sell accounts in bulk, which is pretty...odd. 10%-25% off just because you buy 5-10 accounts is an odd thing to do. They are arguing that it's so you can get an account for all your friends at a cheaper rate, but...come on.

Battlestate does a bunch of shady poo poo, for sure, but so does basically every developer. And the "Nikita is in on the RMT" thing is super farfetched.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I leveled to 20 in the last ~2 weeks and saw exactly zero cheaters.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

That's because the cheater issue is completely exaggerated. Even the "bombshell" video by g0atmoth was not definitive proof that the game is overrun with cheaters.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
is it true that there's zero matchmaking?

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^There is no skill-based matchmaking, no.

saw exactly zero cheaters.

How would you know? Radar/Walls are imperceivable in most circumstances,

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Cheaters tend to show up more on certain maps because the value is there, so if you didn't play those maps, you probably didn't encounter them. Also, they aren't gonna hunt you down. Zero reason too. If you get close to them, sure, they are gonna kill you. It's entirely possible you were on the same map as some but never even came close to each other.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I didn't say there weren't any I said I saw zero. Honestly that two weeks was probably some of the cleanest fpsing I've experienced in ages wrt suspicious stuff happening.

With that said, man it feels like the bulk of the playerbase is very timid. Most of the people I ran into were hiding in corners or trying to play hide n seek. I kind of get this insofar as the ttk is so low and the penalty for being at a gear disadvantage is so high that for anyone not confident in their ability to shoot people almost all fights are going to be very low % fights, thus not worth taking (setting aside the long term issue that not fighting means you don't improve). Idk how much my perception of that is due to my own play style, time of day I play, what maps I've been playing, etc.

I'm not saying this as some definitive state of the game, it's just one point of anecdata.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 8, 2023

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

The cheater issue has been a lot better over the last month or so after the goat video. It was getting really out of hand before that.

Don't know how much of that is related to an actual response to the video and how much is just the natural cheater decline that happens mid-wipe but it's very noticable.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Jarmak posted:

The cheater issue has been a lot better over the last month or so after the goat video. It was getting really out of hand before that.

Don't know how much of that is related to an actual response to the video and how much is just the natural cheater decline that happens mid-wipe but it's very noticable.

I know that about a week after that video, they announced a big ban wave and were being more conscious of posting bannings. I think they even started naming and shaming?

I didn't say there weren't any I said I saw zero. Honestly that two weeks was probably some of the cleanest fpsing I've experienced in ages wrt suspicious stuff happening.

With that said, man it feels like the bulk of the playerbase is very timid. Most of the people I ran into were hiding in corners or trying to play hide n seek. I kind of get this insofar as the ttk is so low and the penalty for being at a gear disadvantage is so high that for anyone not confident in their ability to shoot people almost all fights are going to be very low % fights, thus not worth taking (setting aside the long term issue that not fighting means you don't improve). Idk how much my perception of that is due to my own play style, time of day I play, what maps I've been playing, etc.

I'm not saying this as some definitive state of the game, it's just one point of anecdata.

I did a bit of both when I played. Was very loadout and map dependent. I guess if I had to lean one way or the other, I played more offensively than defensively, even though I recognize that defensively is the safer option. But I tend to just keep moving from point to point and that would get me killed a lot. I'd also push when I shouldn't, or loot when I shouldn't.

Playing slow and patient is definitely the safer way to play. I just always used my scavs to their fullest to stay rich so I could be wasteful on my main. When your scav karma gets high enough, you never run out of money.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

One of the things I tell new players is that 95% of the time, the pmc youre fighting is more afraid of you/timid than you are.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Last wipe before the game becomes illegal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiv2fFIZP4

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's Onepeg, so basically click bait. I'll pass.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
just loving died on woods because I was on top of sniper rock, jumped over a little crevice and the game did the "floating" glitch thing and just shot me over the edge of the cliff lol. was able to scav back in and get all my poo poo back at least

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

ShowTime posted:

That's Onepeg, so basically click bait. I'll pass.

Also hilariously US Centric as if there isn't the rest of the world playing the game OR even as if most of the US cares what the government legislates.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

One of the best scav raids I ever had when I spawned into a session my friends were five manning. They had a pretty tough fight in front of Kiba with only one survivor. Managed to shotgun him in the legs. While I was looting I noticed that hey these names on the dogtags look suspiciously familiar. A quick jump into voip later fun was had by all and I got some good gear out of it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

KirbyKhan posted:

This is dumb as donkey dick

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

KirbyKhan posted:

This guy is a complete idiot. Freaking stupid.

First things first, BSG is based out of London not Russia. Second, when he starts to discuss what the US Government considers a risk he get it completely wrong. He mistakenly believes that the government will ban Escape from Tarkov but that is only true if it is determined to have a negative impact and one that is significant to US National Security from a foreign adversary or criminal. Then and only then the president or more likely the Biden Administration will determine what to do next.

The bill is linked here, S.686.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
These far-forward items are tough to get. I've done like 30 lab runs in the past week and found only one current converter which i got out with and one gps which i held onto for about 10 seconds before dying.

They are so rare :negative:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm dicking around in SPT and seem to have a bug with ai PMCs, where if I'm fighting one and I go behind a solid wall/rock, they still seem to know exactly where I am, it doesn't seem to matter if I switch positions and pop out from another angle. When I pop out I get instantly shot head/eyes or head/jaws with audio that sounds like 8-10 shots were fired with a fraction of a second between them. Does that happen to anyone else?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
SPT is just giving you a more authentic experience.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I mowed down Rashala and his goons in dorms, carefully checked around then set to loot goblining it up, then some silent footsteps ninja instantly killed me with a .336 shot out of nowhere.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
imo if you make the noise required to kill Reshala and his backup dancers you have to loot them immediately and leave the area before the vultures arrive

fart_man_69
May 18, 2009

Eediot Jedi posted:

I'm dicking around in SPT and seem to have a bug with ai PMCs, where if I'm fighting one and I go behind a solid wall/rock, they still seem to know exactly where I am, it doesn't seem to matter if I switch positions and pop out from another angle. When I pop out I get instantly shot head/eyes or head/jaws with audio that sounds like 8-10 shots were fired with a fraction of a second between them. Does that happen to anyone else?

Yep. Some bots are shooting full auto with zero recoil or dispersion. Not sure if it's a bug or just a lazy implementation. Died twice to a laser beam of tracers on Shoreline and deleted the game lol.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
just play regular tarkov, your average pmc is playing with a burlap sack over their head and crippling DTs afaict. like 10% of them are pretty good at fps though

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
killed 4/5 man group on lighthouse....there's always one more person god dammit

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Goodbye, favorite AK, I barely knew ye. Spawned in to the Hermetic Door access bunker on Reserve, ran outside and started up the hill between the two bunkers towards the nearby tank for Revision, and got fed HE from an AGS. Time in raid: 35 seconds. Thanks, Tarkov.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Finally got scav karma 6. Love to hang out with tagilla and loot the pmcs he murders.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Cheaters don’t want your lovely level 20 loadouts.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Cheaters are actually super honorable and 100% of them follow a strict code of conduct where they will not kill low level players with poo poo gear under any circumstances.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I met one cheater who picked apart our five man one by one while we were positioned in an area of like 100 square metres.

At least he had the decency to give a warning deflection on the head dome hit box on the last 3/5 of us.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I was shot finally by someone while in a spot I wouldn't expect anyone to check or to see me. Then a buddy killed him and he had a FLIR.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

gently caress windows 11 enhance pointer precision.

fart_man_69 posted:

Yep. Some bots are shooting full auto with zero recoil or dispersion. Not sure if it's a bug or just a lazy implementation. Died twice to a laser beam of tracers on Shoreline and deleted the game lol.

The POOP mod and a preset config for it help with this. POOP is the main mod, POOP variety is a few different presets that you can then tweak through config settings. The two easiest settings were too brain dead easy, I started at the middle preset and tuned the PMCs and bosses downward. A PMC will sometimes head-eyes me while full auto crab walking at 200m, but it's the exception now and it's usually because I've been pushing it.

https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/files/file/864-props-obviously-original-program-poop/

https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/files/file/873-poop-variety/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Started playing this again and been having some fun. Mostly just doing scav runs to get some gear going, but questing a bit in between scav runs. I've only run into 1 person I'm sure was hacking and they were shooting me through walls, firing at me as I progressed through a building. I think they were trying to get that quest done where you have to get a headshot from far away (I can't remember the name of the quest). I saw they just put out a tweet about a new ban wave too.

I'm mostly just wanting to extract camp people or hide in trees/bushes and ambush people.