Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It makes Artie and Charmaine’s last scene with Tony and Carmela so satisfying. They’re back together, the restaurant has recovered, their kids are doing well, etc. And Tony is trying to be the sadclown while Carm is just openly insulting her children to try and save face.

"But does compassion come naturally to her? Does patience? I'm not sure."

Even Tony's giving her a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Livia glaring through the window while her kitchen's on fire behind her, suspicious about what the postal worker is up to "now" (delivering mail, but she's black).

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Palmtree Panic posted:

Meadow taking the lamp back to school is just another instance of her "saving" Tony.

The Feds would've had him dead to rights on tape shortly after, if Meadow hadn't taken the lamp.

I enjoyed that whole subplot. One of many cases of sheer dumb luck saving Tony's rear end.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sir Mat of Dickie posted:

I enjoyed that whole subplot. One of many cases of sheer dumb luck saving Tony's rear end.

Yeah, I believe it's a reference to how the weirdest things can derail or save the feds' investigations into organized crime.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I believe it's a reference to how the weirdest things can derail or save the feds' investigations into organized crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHm-G34k8c

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That was because they never paid for his shirt.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Ralph Hurley posted:

Zelman all casual like “oh hi Tony. What brings you here?” to a man who not only showed up unannounced at his house in the middle of the night but made his way up to the bedroom and is looming over him and removing his belt.

It's a sad clown thing; you guys wouldn't understand :,(

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The first three episodes of 6A are truly something else. I think that they have to be watched together, it’s like a small movie

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
We don't talk like that here.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

The first three episodes of 6A are truly something else. I think that they have to be watched together, it’s like a small movie

chase was pretty good at directing dream sequences

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Maddon! He looks terrible!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The bit with Paulie talking to Tony in his coma and even there Tony is yelling at Paulie to shut up is :discourse:.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
"Your thoughts have an eastern flavor to them"

"Well, I lived in Jersey my whole life"

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

OP, you go about in pity for yourself.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Did livia actually have money hidden in the house or what was uncle jr's virginia ham allegory about. Was that the first sign of dementia, him assuming she was taken care of.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Love that Pauile is shocked to silence hearing her mother is a tattletale

E. And his reaction is sending two goons after the principal

Selklubber fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 5, 2023

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Where’s the shoes mr van kowenberg???

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Krinkle posted:

Did livia actually have money hidden in the house or what was uncle jr's virginia ham allegory about. Was that the first sign of dementia, him assuming she was taken care of.

Probably not at her house, but I wouldn't be surprised if Livia had it and denied herself accessing it much and thus giving herself justification to being a miserable faccia brutta. Livia did clearly have a lot of expensive stuff she liked foisting off on relatives to make them feel indebted to her.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Krinkle posted:

I just started season 2(another rewatch, not my first time) and I'm pretty sure the first time she brings it up is when Janice is talking about moving her out of the actual nursing home, not the RETIREMENT COMMUNITY. Janice is repeatedly looking at the 'use stairs in case of fire sign' and picturing as the stick figure Livia falling down the steps during the conversation. I think it's her just knowing Janice is up to something and this is another way for her to pull puppet strings, probably knowing that even after Livia is gone that Janice will never stop looking and be kind of haunted by the thought of trying to find another big easy pay day. I don't think she really had anything stashed or hidden away.

I think in a scene before the conversation above, Livia starts eating a meal and complains to the nurse something like "how do they expect me to eat this tapioca pudding? can you get me some strawberry ice cream?" and it looks like the pudding is all gross and congealed or something. Then Janice walks in and Livia immediately offers Janice the pudding. Made me laugh out loud.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Livia never had any money hidden, and neither did Junior.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

MrMojok posted:

Livia never had any money hidden, and neither did Junior.

Forty thousand he had, his share of the Bohack's haul from the seventies.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

NJersey posted:

Janice is repeatedly looking at the 'use stairs in case of fire sign' and picturing as the stick figure Livia falling down the steps during the conversation.

lol that scene is one of several that really stand out in the show for the wrong reasons

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Futanari Damacy posted:

Forty thousand he had, his share of the Bohack's haul from the seventies.

Moles.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They chewing through your sprinklers too?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, any money Livia got would have been spent over the decades, but she brought it up as a possibility when she realized the power that Janice now held over her, as a way of burrowing a brainworm into her head that would keep her from just dumping Livia into some lovely rest home (not a retirement community) somewhere. That ploy worked, and Janice never realized it was just one more example of her mother playing mindgames with her.

Junior's dementia meant he remembered hiding money away at points, but it's money that he probably then later retrieved and spent (likely decades earlier) but in his addled mind, it's stuff he only just popped away a few weeks/months ago. I don't think Tony really believes he had a stash of cash piled away, but on the very slim off-chance that he did (and he remembers where it was) he reminds him that the money should go to Janice if only because of Bobby and the kids.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
Is it illegal to hate Italians.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
I hate the North

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

oooh!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Palmtree Panic posted:

I hate the North

*spits*

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
irish gangsters will probably say that too

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

when you're married you'll understand the importance of fresh produce

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What you need is more roughage in your diet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

After seeing this morning's weather report my first thought was "I don't drive when they're predicting rain!"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You think I’m going to answer the phone after dark?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

s2e13 “Funhouse” aired 23 years ago today.

“These guys… on either side of me? They’re asleep.”

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't say that :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anyway, four dollars a pound.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And I don’t want to see you flopping around down there.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/shirtsthtgohard/status/1645487051767443456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Incredibly powerful shirt.

Michael Imperioli is amazing in This Fool on Hulu. If you guys haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.