Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i land in a theme appropriate area for my randomly chosen skin. lifeguard at the beach, santa in the snow, agents in the city, monsters in small houses on the edge
i then make up little stories about why they're there and act them out
why are people trying to kill a lowly racecar driver? we'll have to drive to the other side of the map to find out!

also this morning my crash test dummy one shotted a motorcycle right out from under a guy with a gold sniper rifle. later a weird glitch made me bounce so far outside the circle when my car exploded i died before i could get back. the new neon car thing effects the sound. it completely dropped it out and i had to reboot to get it back. weird.

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I’m waiting for the street fighter skins to come back. Maybe when sf6 is out.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I run into every fire fight i see.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

The good dc skins were battlepass. :cry:

Edit: all the dc shop items last appeared 254 days ago. About due for them to come back. Unless they are like the Ghostbusters set

it's wild they have Bloodsport but not Peacemaker, who even has prime material for an emote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVN83R-JwRQ

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

i land in a theme appropriate area for my randomly chosen skin. lifeguard at the beach, santa in the snow, agents in the city, monsters in small houses on the edge
i then make up little stories about why they're there and act them out
why are people trying to kill a lowly racecar driver? we'll have to drive to the other side of the map to find out!

This is it, this is the good stuff.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

dorium posted:

same

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

dorium posted:

I absolutely try not to. But as soon as it kicks off I can't help it. There's something wrong with me

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Depends on how far into the match it is. I'll third party the poo poo out of any fight until it gets down to like 10 players, then dial it back.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Me in every match "there's fire to the northwest. Should we go? I'm already halfway there. poo poo I'm knocked. Nevermind. I got em. There's fire to the south, should we go? I'm already there. I didn't heal up so I'm gonna need you to rez me in a second. Nevermind I'm fine. There's fire to the west. I'm going in. I forgot to reload so I'm dead for real this time."

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I got my first solo win of the season. Pulse rifle vs sword. I had the sword. Zipping right into melee range they were not able to hit me.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

RodShaft posted:

Me in every match "there's fire to the northwest. Should we go? I'm already halfway there. poo poo I'm knocked. Nevermind. I got em. There's fire to the south, should we go? I'm already there. I didn't heal up so I'm gonna need you to rez me in a second. Nevermind I'm fine. There's fire to the west. I'm going in. I forgot to reload so I'm dead for real this time."

"There's a team on me. Nevermind."

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

RodShaft posted:

Can confirm :)

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

dorium posted:

This is the only way to play

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The dungeon mode in save the world is a lot of fun.

You essentially go in “naked” and find stuff along the way till you get to the boss.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Amphigory posted:

Can confirm :)

It is the job of my teammates to remind me to reload when I'm running into every firefight like a dog that saw a squirrel. Get your mic working and we'll put up some real numbers. :blastu:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

KingShiro posted:

I'll third party the poo poo out of any fight until I either die or win

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Join the new Discord and let's set some children on fire. https://discord.gg/bRM4VND3

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I've heard that the way to play Prop Hunt is now through Fortnite. I can't actually figure out how to do it though. I see creator codes for maps on various websites, but I can't connect to any of them. Is there a way to just host one for like 10 of us to join? Is there anything like a server list that you would find in a standalone game like Prop and Seek?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

I've heard that the way to play Prop Hunt is now through Fortnite. I can't actually figure out how to do it though. I see creator codes for maps on various websites, but I can't connect to any of them. Is there a way to just host one for like 10 of us to join? Is there anything like a server list that you would find in a standalone game like Prop and Seek?

In Fortnite hit whatever button your system uses for changing game, then scroll down a bit, and you should see a list of popular creator games. There's almost always a prop hunt or two in there somewhere. Not Fortnite, but I enjoyed Witch It when I was into prop hunt games.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Wow, get your attack on titan gear kills asap people because that poo poo is going to get nerfed hard. You jump around in a more horizontal way than the web swinging, but the attack is like that katana attack but you target it and then jump back. It's ludicrously overpowered as it is.

Edit: Thought it might be helpful for people to avoid youtube traps etc for this since it's not just map marked, and Anvil Square is an apocalyptic warzone due to it being the best place for titan gear to be reliably found. The actual basement has just been an untextured graveyard the last two games I've played because people just pump bombs into it.

Here's the location (spoilered):

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 11, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Here is the trailer for it
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1645699796194279424?t=wxJxVfYM45BT5tVYN4NCkQ&s=19

I kinda like this new skin
https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1645705566361100291?t=jMM42D-cxAk6ghGy6kGLvA&s=19

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Apr 11, 2023

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Blorknorg posted:

Wow, get your attack on titan gear kills asap people because that poo poo is going to get nerfed hard. You jump around in a more horizontal way than the web swinging, but the attack is like that katana attack but you target it and then jump back. It's ludicrously overpowered as it is.

Edit: Thought it might be helpful for people to avoid youtube traps etc for this since it's not just map marked, and Anvil Square is an apocalyptic warzone due to it being the best place for titan gear to be reliably found. The actual basement has just been an untextured graveyard the last two games I've played because people just pump bombs into it.

Here's the location (spoilered):

Thanks, just found it thanks to your pic and was killed the second I got the achievement 😆

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yo! Finally.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1645731499918884866?t=lnS9qE2-MEpMqiw3ocQ1Jg&s=19

Havoc shotgun has been nerfed supposedly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thank fuckin god almighty.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I got in the basement first thing, and got 4 of the quests done just messing around with the new equipment. And of course the sweatiest Chrome Punk on Earth had to make it his number one mission to destroy me. I played another round and got one-shot by a sniper while looking at some chests. And I'm just done for the day. I swear the seasons keep getting more and more intense by the day.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hrist posted:

I got in the basement first thing, and got 4 of the quests done just messing around with the new equipment. And of course the sweatiest Chrome Punk on Earth had to make it his number one mission to destroy me. I played another round and got one-shot by a sniper while looking at some chests. And I'm just done for the day. I swear the seasons keep getting more and more intense by the day.

This season is very sweaty in solo. I recommend finding a duo. It is pretty sweaty, but not as bad.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I grabbed the new Attack on Titan gear, and just couldn't wrap my head around the jumping. I couldn't actually get a swipe to land and it was insane. I just kept flying around like a lunatic. Even just trying to hit the wooden titan necks, I would zoom towards the spot and WAY overshoot.

How are you doing this well? This feels like I'm using a slinky to throw myself at things!

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I grabbed the new Attack on Titan gear, and just couldn't wrap my head around the jumping. I couldn't actually get a swipe to land and it was insane. I just kept flying around like a lunatic. Even just trying to hit the wooden titan necks, I would zoom towards the spot and WAY overshoot.

How are you doing this well? This feels like I'm using a slinky to throw myself at things!

The left click is the old grapple swing but it's much more horizontal based than requiring a swing. The attack swipe is different, you need to hold the right mouse button and then click the left button after you're pointing where you want to end with your slash. You can get the nape hits from the ground by holding the right mouse button as mentioned, then move your reticle on the nape of the dummy then you activate with the left click. It's a bit more complicated than one would expect but insanely powerful against other players because of how quick the movement is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I doubt I'm going to be able to land a swipe against another player....just need to find a thunder spear and see if that works for me

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Well I never tried aiming then hitting.

I tried for two entire games to get a single nape hit. Landing at the tower, getting the gear. Flying around the stupid dummy for 10 minutes, then dying. All my other quests are done. I was also on a switch on a bumpy school bus driving through the middle of nowhere, hotspotting from my phone with little to no reception. I just wanted to get the stuff done. But I got a win somehow.

Edit:

Shinjobi posted:

I doubt I'm going to be able to land a swipe against another player....just need to find a thunder spear and see if that works for me

it's super easy with the thunder spear. It does area damage, so just chuck it into any firefights you see and you'll have it in no time.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://imgur.com/lw1Y7JJ.mp4

lol lmao

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shinjobi posted:

I grabbed the gear out of the basement chest, and when I got outside I just started spamming both clicks. It counted for the quest. So whatever I did in the middle of all that counted. I couldn't tell what was going on. I looked like I was just bouncing off the ground and missing my attacks over and over. The spear has been way harder for me to aim. I haven't had a single one land on a player.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh no

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
yeah i figured it out

just need consecutive thunder spear hits for the season and ill be golden

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

This new katana can gently caress right off with it's 2 dashes

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Adding a blue katana that drops from glowing purple stands seems mean imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ur move creep

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The blue katana thing would be fine if it was upgradable

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

successfully roped a friend into this and got another on deck :evilbuddy:

gooble gobble gooble gobble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Got all the Eren quests done today, not too bad. Just annoying to get the chests before anyone else and hopefully finding people for the thunder spears consecutive damage challenge (which isn’t for the skin but xp and spray)