Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Another Star Wars sale on Sideshow…. This might be the time I finally buy HT Captain Rex!

They need to calm down on the sales and focus on shipping my Ahsoka!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Y’all like old guys in suits? Well today’s your day!

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1644747631007080448?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Here’s more!

https://twitter.com/jedinewsnetwork/status/1644729450343309313?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

I need Short Round to have a voice chip declaring there’s no time for love

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m glad they clarify the machine gun isn’t permanently in his hands.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That Brody and Belloq two-pack was made exclusively for me and literally no one else, and yes I am going to stupidly buy it on day one instead of waiting for the inevitable clearance sale.

Also Belloq isn’t an old guy, Paul Freeman was only 38 when he was in Raiders!

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 8, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Everyone was older back in the 80s. 38 was like 62.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Good line-up shot of future figures:

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1644747225522749440

I'm pretty stoked about Shorty, and I love that Sankara Stones skull display. Kinda assuming that will be a "build an artifact" gimmick but I might go for it.

Where's Mola Ram though?

They are also releasing a deluxe Indy with the pedestal for the golden idol, and a sandbag:

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1644747024342958080

At least with this they're doing a slightly better job of making the main character available, but it's also literally the same figure they just released plus one new accessory, which is a lovely thing to do.

Indy in his main outfit should have just been its own separate wave. Sure, make it a deluxe figure, charge a little extra for him, it will still help the rest of the figures to sell; they'll look cheap by comparison.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m going to go so goddamn broke collecting this line.

I’m guessing Mola Ram will end up as one of these “Deluxe” releases given the size of stuff like his headpiece and robes and maybe they’ll toss in some other extras as well like a flaming heart. He is coming though, Yak Face confirmed it a while back.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

No Mola, but here's the pipeline reveals

https://twitter.com/JediNewsNetwork/status/1644731018694238208?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
All I care about is Sean

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I wish anyone in here cared about Star Wars Black Series. :smith:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That Brody and Belloq two-pack was made exclusively for me and literally no one else, and yes I am going to stupidly buy it on day one instead of waiting for the inevitable clearance sale.

Nope it was made for me too. I have little interest in ark belloq, but suit belloq? Yes please

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

All I care about is Sean

This is valid. He's great.

I've been rewatching the Indiana Jones movies recently because of all the buzz about the new movie and the new toys. It had probably been at least 15 years since I saw them. Temple of Doom is such a crazy movie, just brutal, it does not pull punches in any way. Apparently Lucas and Spielberg were both going through bad breakups while they were making it so it was coming from a very misanthropic place. Looking at IMDB trivia for that movie, it's incredible how they managed to alienate everybody from Lawrence Kasdan to the entire country of India. But it goes so fuckin' hard, though. The climax of that movie from the mines to the rope bridge is incredible. And the whole thing has this old comic book feeling to it, even the way shots are framed. It's really the purest realization of Lucas's 30's pulp serial concept, warts and all. It's hard to stay mad at it for being relentlessly mean-spirited when it's so tongue-in-cheek about it all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I made an impulse buy at Target

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Nanigans posted:

Hundred of Black Series figures and the only one they got right was IG-88. In fact, they got it so right they released it twice.

Too bad the rest of Black Series looks like a 4 year old molded and painted them.

(I love you Nanigans)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Nanigans posted:

I saw they announced a new Jabba the Hutt, that's cool!

But personally, all my SW collecting has moved into the 1/6 scale

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I see what you did there

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nanigans posted:

I loved the Black Series but it just got to be too much to collect and they still have some bizarre gaps to fill even after these years. I’m about to purge basically everything except Clones, Mandos, and a handful of other figs.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I started getting Mando black series stuff and some on sale. It is pricey though yikes.
Almost done with the credit collection though!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

That’s very cool. Is there a modern Wally that goes with the Titans.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s very cool. Is there a modern Wally that goes with the Titans.

I have no idea which costume goes with which era and all that, I have this one and I like it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nanigans posted:

I’d care if they made the stuff I’d actually want more easily available and better quality across the board.

For example I wanted the Dr. Aphra, BT and 000 a lot. I never saw them once at retail and preorders were gone the instant they went up. They became 60-100 dollar figures overnight. Never once have they done a re-release but we have had almost a dozen of the same Vader and Luke. They can’t keep troopers in production for whatever reason because god forbid people would want a bunch of Stormtroopers or the like. But here is the 8th version of Mando and Grogu.

I have a Vader, a couple of Landos and the Halloween Trooper but all I got one heavy clearance and they still feel overpriced for what I got. Bad feeling cheap plastic, joints that feel like they will shred if I look at them funny, almost no accessories and pretty bad paint apps.

With the price raising more and more there is just no reason to want to spend the money on a Black Series when import stuff is 1000% better in every way and nearly the same price now.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

This answers the "So how the hell are we going to sell a Marcus figure?" question.

I am pre-ordering all of these anyway, already prepared to live with seeing them on clearance.

Oh, and Hasbro are already going to be selling the same Indy with the Idol scene. FFS.

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1644747024342958080/photo/3

April 13th is Indiana Jones Day, with four up for sale.

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1644747225522749440/photo/1

CaptainN fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 8, 2023

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Nanigans posted:

That one deluxe retro card boba I got on discount is really good! And Revan is fine, I might grab Malak if I find him in the wild or on sale.

It’s really rough to watch Black Series fans get the shaft on character selection and articulation for the price, especially compared to Hasbro’s other lines. Why are they still announcing figures in the year of our lord 2023 that have single jointed swivel elbows? It’s absurd.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I loved the Black Series but it just got to be too much to collect and they still have some bizarre gaps to fill even after these years. I’m about to purge basically everything except Clones, Mandos, and a handful of other figs.

I got Aphra, 000 and BT-1 and tapped out. Things are just too expensive now and they weren't super cheap then.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've been looking forward to the new bad batch figs but they're Walmart exclusive so my interest has plummeted.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nanigans posted:

I got lots of Star Wars stuff, The mando's helmet is right behind me. I got a few of the figures ordered, already got Revan and Darth Vader. Waiting on a few others like Malgus.

Once upon a time I went into a store and saw both Revan and malgus there sitting on the pegs, they must have been put out that morning. I made sure to grab them, sure they were the smaller ones but it was just
so cool to find them out in the wild.

I know how Star Wars collectors can be.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I love Star Wars and I really enjoy seeing posts about Star Wars toys, but I rarely buy them anymore, and I've mostly avoided 6" scale. The only Black Series figure I've bought was the Target-exclusive Obi-Wan from his TV series. Been a fan of Ewan McGregor since his early days, and Obi-Wan rules. I feel like I will probably eventually want a 6" ROTJ Luke and Vader, but otherwise I'm sticking to the small scale ones. I'm hoping they will announce a Vintage Collection Ewoks multi-pack one of these days. My ideal Star Wars display would be an Endor diorama. I live right near the redwood forest where they filmed that stuff, so I grew up with a lot of fondness for the old "forest moon" and anything Ewok-related.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
They did announce a vintage collection n1 Mando fighter, it comes with a display stand it looks like. Sorely tempted to pre order it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the cool Star Wars stuff is Lego now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

All the cool Star Wars stuff is Micro Galaxy Squadron now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

That head of the snake better be able to move slightly to be in line with the movie.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Because no one demanded it, Titans!

I'm on the hunt for the standard Gar, but its a Walmart exclusive and the partnership between WM and McFarlane is HORRENDOUS. One will show up at my store, but somewhere in the middle of Indiana there's a full endcap of the exclusives clearanced out.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Someday I’ll get that Asajj Ventress mythos statue

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

Because no one demanded it, Titans!

I'm on the hunt for the standard Gar, but its a Walmart exclusive and the partnership between WM and McFarlane is HORRENDOUS. One will show up at my store, but somewhere in the middle of Indiana there's a full endcap of the exclusives clearanced out.

The Walmart Beast Boy has been the only Titan I've found at a store.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m about to pay extra for one so I can save time and gas

Edit: I did it. Got a bundle with the other exclusive fig, Vampire Joker.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 9, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I think I saw Raven. Once.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

This is a cool figure

Dawgstar posted:

I think I saw Raven. Once.

I've seen most of that wave at Target, and they've been on sale for 20. Keep an eye out there if you have one.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh. drat. Did not realize McFarlane put out a kingdom come superman. If someone finds him for retail, lemme know.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh. drat. Did not realize McFarlane put out a kingdom come superman. If someone finds him for retail, lemme know.

I was curious and tried googling this because I like Kingdom Come Superman, but I can find no evidence of it aside from a couple of nice custom ones.

They did make a Red Son Superman and I've been tempted to buy that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

If you're into Mezco style figs, there's a 3rd part Kingdom Come Superman called "Return of the King" by BMS. It looks pretty fantastic.