Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I mean, good for y'all if you like it and I'm happy to have been wrong about it, but that was such a weird "take that" that I'm half-convinced it's someone on the production crew gone salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4qtny2N1mg

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/HrjJdm7xZZo
2000 but it so fits

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

my partner saw this pic over my shoulder and went nuts because a commodore 128 is the only computer she needs lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Talk about swingin' on the flippity-flop.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What was that Blossom-era style called?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

mind the walrus posted:

Wack slacks or fuzz. Was a real harsh realm back then.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

lol ideas

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Huge misstep not trying to upsell that guy a shirt

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Playing the remaster of Klonoa (A very pleasent "Wahooo" to everyone who wants one) reminds me of a lot of that era of mascot platformers and Playstation/Saturn games; specifically, making them reletively short but hard as hell, and also how "checkpoints" were something that took us a good ten to twenty further years of development to really understand.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Klonoa looked like a standard bubblegum cute platformer, but the plot was really messed up. You battle with your cutesy sidekick to save your world from the evil whatever, and at the very end your sidekick basically reveals "actually you don't really exist, I just conjured you up to help me save this world" and then you disappear.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Neito posted:

Playing the remaster of Klonoa (A very pleasent "Wahooo" to everyone who wants one) reminds me of a lot of that era of mascot platformers and Playstation/Saturn games; specifically, making them reletively short but hard as hell, and also how "checkpoints" were something that took us a good ten to twenty further years of development to really understand.

Wasn't that really just a memory/programming issue?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

the 90s ended on September 10, 2001, so you're safe

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/n8RmME3.mp4
Unmute

E3 1995

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

God I hated my family's cheap-rear end Gateway box

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

This feels like peak late 80s/early 90s interior design with grandma's sofa from 1975 inexplicably dropped in the middle of it all.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Gonna disagree there. Striped couches like that were definitely later than the early 80s according to my degrading fuzzy memory.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Porfiriato posted:

This feels like peak late 80s/early 90s interior design with grandma's sofa from 1975 inexplicably dropped in the middle of it all.

this is from an absolutely legendary real estate listing of some kind of ridiculous party mansion in the california desert. 1989

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/74380-Palo-Verde-Dr-Indian-Wells-CA-92210/2091180249_zpid

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This is so cool, I wonder if any of them were like the actual models they used to digitize the sprites for the game?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Konar posted:

This is so cool, I wonder if any of them were like the actual models they used to digitize the sprites for the game?
Yeah, that's Tony Marquez as Kung Lao, John Parrish as Jax, and Kerri Hoskins as Sonya.

I assume Kung Lao killed the presenter when he threw his hat out of the frame.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

this is from an absolutely legendary real estate listing of some kind of ridiculous party mansion in the california desert. 1989

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/74380-Palo-Verde-Dr-Indian-Wells-CA-92210/2091180249_zpid

100% would love to own Pee Wee Herman's gently caress Palace

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mind the walrus posted:

Hideous.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBHh9C8pG8

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Pencil erasers that don't work even a little bit are very 90s.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yikes! pencils were not functionally great as pencils, but I was slightly cool for five minutes when I used them in second grade. Mission accomplished?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Porfiriato posted:

This kind of decor went completely extinct so fast it's incredible in retrospect. You can find more holdovers from the Deepest Seventies than you can from the early 90s.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

That photo reminds me of a 90s/early 2000s movie theater

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Yikes! pencils were not functionally great as pencils, but I was slightly cool for five minutes when I used them in second grade. Mission accomplished?

There were all sorts of weird pencils back then. I had a bunch that were triangular, which seemed cool until I realized I had to sharpen them and they wouldn't fit in the sharpener.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Pencil erasers that don't work even a little bit are very 90s.

and then the foil paint would come off in your hand after like a day or three of use

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

There were all sorts of weird pencils back then. I had a bunch that were triangular, which seemed cool until I realized I had to sharpen them and they wouldn't fit in the sharpener.

I think I remember those. The '90s were the golden era of weird and wonderful school supplies: Yikes and triangular pencils, Trapper Keepers, Lisa Frank. There was even colorful glue:

It's another school thing that seemed cool at first but ultimately was just glue. I'm not sure the color even stayed when the glue dried.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

I think I remember those. The '90s were the golden era of weird and wonderful school supplies: Yikes and triangular pencils, Trapper Keepers, Lisa Frank. There was even colorful glue:

It's another school thing that seemed cool at first but ultimately was just glue. I'm not sure the color even stayed when the glue dried.

The faded poster still has more vibrant color than those glues after drying

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Remember the pencils that were a series of just tips on a tube, and when it went too dull, you'll pull it out, and then slide it back into the top of the pencil to "load" the next tip?

Looks like they still sell them:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Remember the pencils that were a series of just tips on a tube, and when it went too dull, you'll pull it out, and then slide it back into the top of the pencil to "load" the next tip?

i loved those but like also have always worried about the amount of plastic and manufacturing equipment cause i started seeing these around when i was watching captain planet

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

It did, but the color became a bit more muted. Didn’t you have to make glue art in school?

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Iirc that massive wedge on the left of the amiga was the hard drive with a huge 20mb capacity.

I so wanted one, so I wouldn't need to change disks when playing the secret of monkey Island 2.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

In third or fourth grade we discovered we could put a piece of construction paper into a bottle of glue and the color would leach out and make your glue be any color you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DrBouvenstein posted:

These were the nuclear option if you were throwing, shooting things at other kids. You could load a single bullet "lead", put your finger on the tip when you blew to build up pressure and when you removed it would fly across the room at considerable speed