Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Gable Steveson is surely a first round pick. He’s undefeated on the Raw roster since being drafted in 2021

Very hard to say no to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

I'd watch a Ernest John Cena movie any day of the week

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

abraham linksys posted:

are they going to have Vince and HHH on each side of the draft? How do you a draft with no show GMs? Have commentary make the picks?

The FOX and NBCU war rooms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikzW1C-PrWE&t=208s

I love this because it's clearly a bunch of office people at Stamford, and it's fun watching the choices each person makes about being upset in their one time to shine on TV. I like how two people really commit to the throwing the papers gag, while the people at the table lightly throw the papers down. And it's all just photo copies of the same piece of paper with FOX and the WWE logo on it

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So which feuds actually ended at wrestlemania? Bloodline, imperium, judgment day, all feuding with the same people as a week ago.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

So which feuds actually ended at wrestlemania? Bloodline, imperium, judgment day, all feuding with the same people as a week ago.

Well, Charlotte is gone, I guess.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Roman, do we know who his next feud will be with? Coz Cody is done, and will be getting beaten up by Brock for the next month or two. So who is "big" or important enough to challenge Roman?

On the same thought, what are they going to do wrt Bloodline stories? Usos vs KO/Sami will be something for a little while. But apart from that they have gently caress all. And even if they try, all the entertaining stuff was Sami, so will it just be interminable long segments of joyless Roman saying "Grr argh I am the Tribal Chief"?

Roman is just gone for the next month and a half. Cody is gonna feud with Brock to kill time and is (probably) gonna beat Brock at which point, he'll go back to feuding with Roman. The question is if they put the belt on Cody at a Saudi show at 2 in the afternoon, which would be stupid, or actually draw it out for four months until SummerSlam, which would be stupid.

I see no reason to believe KOSZ won't just lose the belts back to the Usos at Backlash, tbh.

And yes, the Bloodline without Sami will go back to being interminable boring horseshit. Absolutely. I glanced at the Raw and SD results and apparently the new story for the Bloodline is that, oh my god, you'll never get this, Roman is disappointed with the Usos.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MJeff posted:

I see no reason to believe KOSZ won't just lose the belts back to the Usos at Backlash, tbh.

Sami and KO lose the tag belts on a random smackdown because Otis did The Caterpillar.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/ReneusMeister/status/1644685482721247232?t=48TIULcaqQK0u4PUdtiOTQ&s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The memes have been the best

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

The memes have been the best

Thank you Cody

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Pylons posted:

Well, Charlotte is gone, I guess.

It's time for her annual reverse hibernation, where as soon as it's spring, she goes into hiding for 6 months.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She got the ultimate wrestler dream, a part-time run between vacations where every single show she was booked for she held a belt. that's how you politic

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Was her match at Wrestlemania actually good or just good grading on a curve? Because I'm surprised she didn't just drop it quick and easy to ditch out on post-Mania season

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Roman, do we know who his next feud will be with? Coz Cody is done, and will be getting beaten up by Brock for the next month or two. So who is "big" or important enough to challenge Roman?
I would imagine it's Seth Rollins. And :lol: if they book him to dethrone Roman before Cody

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Was her match at Wrestlemania actually good or just good grading on a curve? Because I'm surprised she didn't just drop it quick and easy to ditch out on post-Mania season

I think it started out too slow for it to be a pantheon American women's wrestling match like some people are saying, but the back half of it is a legit good slugfest

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i didn't watch the whole thing but the highlights i saw included a bunch of head drops and sick exchanges so i'm going to say it was good despite not seeing it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Those are the two most important things in making a good match so that makes sense

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/elclass_king/status/1644771902475456514 IT'S BACK

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Humiliation for Loser Cody

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Roman is just gone for the next month and a half. Cody is gonna feud with Brock to kill time and is (probably) gonna beat Brock at which point, he'll go back to feuding with Roman. The question is if they put the belt on Cody at a Saudi show at 2 in the afternoon, which would be stupid, or actually draw it out for four months until SummerSlam, which would be stupid.

And yes, the Bloodline without Sami will go back to being interminable boring horseshit. Absolutely. I glanced at the Raw and SD results and apparently the new story for the Bloodline is that, oh my god, you'll never get this, Roman is disappointed with the Usos.

If we look at the Wrestlemania VII iconography used for Cody merch for this year's Mania it can be a signpost for where we're going for Summerslam. Assuming Cody is WM7 Hogan then at Summerslam it will be Cody and a flighty big star he used to fight (Brock) vs. Slaughter (Roman) and his lackies, (the Usos).

Cody/Brock vs. Roman/Usos in a handicap match. That seriously doesn't sound that outlandish.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Cody's going to try and leave his boots in the ring again only to be interrupted by another assbeating from Lesnar

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Brock is going to beat Roman and the Usos to death with Cody’s lifeless body then leave Cody draped on top of them for the 3 count as he lumbers backstage

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody put an out in his contract if he didn't win the title by WM39, COME HOME CODEMAN, WEMBLEY IS WAITING

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Cody put an out in his contract if he didn't win the title by WM39, COME HOME CODEMAN, WEMBLEY IS WAITING

He's getting sent to RoH, Orlando shows only.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I thought it was terrific, though for full disclosure, "psychotic Charlotte who wants to steal the show" might be my favorite wrestler on the roster

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dom’s somehow become a better promo than his father with this few years in the business. You can tell Finn is over the moon about it, and honestly I see a little of japan heel finn in Dom’s act. Rhea is big time, she’s like Chyna but great in the ring. Overall that faction went from obvious as a thing for Edge to something pretty cool and atypical of WWE. I think Edge should have lost the feud but oh well.

I predicted Roman will beat Sammartino’s record when he broke Punk’s record. Cody was the only time I doubted it and I still doubt it unless Cody leaves the company.

To be quiet honest Roman’s family deserves this as much if not more than the Rhodes, it’s his lineage that carried wrestling cards often under racist gimmicks or bullshit treatment. They have all bled sweat and cried for this more than anybody.

Also the amount of seething Punk was likely doing over Roman surpassing his “longest reign in modern history” thing is “funny”. You could tell in the Colt podcast how much he hated Danielson getting that main event he never got.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

Stage 3: Bargaining

We've reached depression and acceptance

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Roman is a fine a choice as anyone to beat the record but Bruno's is so goddamn long there's no way they can string everyone along that far. WWE fans take a whole lot of poo poo but how are they gonna bite on another 2,000 days worth of burials? Even cults burn their followers out after so many missed doomsdays.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Punk is the original one to make Roman look really, really strong so when you think about it, every day of Roman's reign is thanks to Punk. I would like to be the first to congratulate Punk on passing 1300 days as WWE Champion.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Punk is the original one to make Roman look really, really strong so when you think about it, every day of Roman's reign is thanks to Punk. I would like to be the first to congratulate Punk on passing 1300 days as WWE Champion.

I’ve got the flu and quite literally just had to kick out at 2.9 to not poo poo myself while reading this. Punk’s curse is upon me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

reignofevil posted:

Sami and KO lose the tag belts on a random smackdown because Otis did The Caterpillar.

Sami and KO are getting split up in the draft.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’ve got the flu and quite literally just had to kick out at 2.9 to not poo poo myself while reading this. Punk’s curse is upon me.

That DICK! fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 8, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

if this isn't a work (its absolutely a work) vince must have sent him some rubber chicken costume designs

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

When do we get the Cody vs. Amish Roadkill feud?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Cody is just trying anything to make his name not be associated with "lmao" and "rubber chicken" for a few days, which, fair play, honestly.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

He's getting sent to RoH AEW Dark Elevation, Orlando shows only.

Welcome back to the show, Fuego 2

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nothing saying Fuego Dos can't challenge for the world championship!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WWE fans about to learn the true character of the Codyverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?