Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Made more pizzas tonight for my friends.

Before 6 beers

After 6 beers

No Butt Stuff posted:

Overnight or can I slap something together quick?

Ok so, the top one that I made first is actually something you can slap together real quick if you have a cast iron pan, any old oven and a can/bottle of beer. You also need a food scale because as we all know volumetric measurements are for assholes.

You will need:
bread flour or similar
beer
salt
yeast
sugar
olive oil

toppings of your choice.

The beer needs to be at least room temp if you're lazy, or warmed to just above on the stove top.

In a large mixing bowl combine:
280g of bread flour
10g instant yeast
5g sugar
10g of salt

Mix the dry

add 180 grams of your beer and 15ml of olive oil

-Mix until a shaggy dough forms and give it a knead until it forms a smooth ball - usually takes like 2 mins.
-Cover and rest for 15 mins. Also put a sheet tray in your oven and turn your oven up as high as it will go. Make sure there's space on the middle rack for your cast iron pan as well. Do it before your ovens hot. (Definitely didn't forget this step and burn my hand last night putting the pan in).
-Stretch and fold the dough ball so to build gluten but not knock the air out.
-Let rest for 15 more mins.
-Turn out into a cast iron pan thats been coated in olive oil or non stick spray. Push the dough out into a rough pizza shape and let rest for another 20 mins - don't be afraid to push it out like you would a focaccia.

Top, bake for 15 mins, rotating about half way through.

When done let it stand in the pan for a minute or two before turning out.

If the bottom didn't crisp as much as you'd like throw it on the stove on low til it does. Normally it doesn't need this step but sometimes you get cool spots.

I had an extra join us for dinner at the last minute and wasn't sure if I had enough long ferment for dough for everyone.

This is also a good base for making more "take away" style pizzas. Like I could load this one up with sausage and ham and cheese and not have to worry about trying to get it on a peel and shoot it into my pizza oven. Could just load it up and know the base was going to hold well. I got a really nice compliment from one of my mates who was a few beers deep who said, "this is like what you think dominoes will be when you buy it but actually tastes like you want it to". It has a little tighter of a bread structure than a traditional fermented dough but its still chewy and soft and crispy, always a crowd pleaser and super easy to make. It's only about 5 mins of actual manual labour and you can get a drat good pizza in the oven in an hour.

The 2nd on is a more traditional high heat pizza dough with 240g bread flour, 2 grams of yeast, 6 grams of salt and 180 grams of water but it fermented for about 30 hours and was cooked in my pizza oven on a stone etc. Sugar and olive oil in the dough helps it brown and crisp at a lower temp over a longer cook, which you don't want in a high heat dough - hence no sugar, beer or oil in that one, because time and temp does it for you.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Hell yeah, a crazy record that isn't happening to the Angels.

https://twitter.com/TomNichols02/status/1644843839323095042

And people aren't romantic about baseball

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is also how I found out the Trash Pandas aren't just a goofy fake team made up for MLB the show.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

This fuckin rules

Kalli posted:

This is also how I found out the Trash Pandas aren't just a goofy fake team made up for MLB the show.

It’s so great.

Montgomery Biscuits have the best mascot in baseball

I love MiLB and all their dumb mascots.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

Ya sure about that?

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1644851854009040896

Go check who the Trash Pandas are an affiliate of :sickos:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What an amazing name and logo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hahahahahahaha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

Ya sure about that?

Hell yes

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

That entire organization is performance art

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

harperdc posted:

Ya sure about that?

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1644851854009040896

holy gently caress that is an amazing name/logo

Freaquency posted:

That entire organization is performance art

Watch the Angels themselves do the same thing by the all star break. Bonus points if it's against the Tigers to make the tweet truly prophetic.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

That rules

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

I went for a run for the first time in like 6 months and I’m so sore. I’ve been using the exercise bike, but god running just hits harder.

Stretch before you run, but especially stretch after you run.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

C-Euro posted:

Stretch before you run, but especially stretch after you run.

I did, but I don’t think there’s enough stretching to overcome old and out of shape.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Ok so, the top one that I made first is actually something you can slap together real quick if you have a cast iron pan, any old oven and a can/bottle of beer. You also need a food scale because as we all know volumetric measurements are for assholes.

You will need:
bread flour or similar
beer
salt
yeast
sugar
olive oil

toppings of your choice.

The beer needs to be at least room temp if you're lazy, or warmed to just above on the stove top.

In a large mixing bowl combine:
280g of bread flour
10g instant yeast
5g sugar
10g of salt

Mix the dry

add 180 grams of your beer and 15ml of olive oil

-Mix until a shaggy dough forms and give it a knead until it forms a smooth ball - usually takes like 2 mins.
-Cover and rest for 15 mins. Also put a sheet tray in your oven and turn your oven up as high as it will go. Make sure there's space on the middle rack for your cast iron pan as well. Do it before your ovens hot. (Definitely didn't forget this step and burn my hand last night putting the pan in).
-Stretch and fold the dough ball so to build gluten but not knock the air out.
-Let rest for 15 more mins.
-Turn out into a cast iron pan thats been coated in olive oil or non stick spray. Push the dough out into a rough pizza shape and let rest for another 20 mins - don't be afraid to push it out like you would a focaccia.

Top, bake for 15 mins, rotating about half way through.

When done let it stand in the pan for a minute or two before turning out.

If the bottom didn't crisp as much as you'd like throw it on the stove on low til it does. Normally it doesn't need this step but sometimes you get cool spots.

I had an extra join us for dinner at the last minute and wasn't sure if I had enough long ferment for dough for everyone.

This is also a good base for making more "take away" style pizzas. Like I could load this one up with sausage and ham and cheese and not have to worry about trying to get it on a peel and shoot it into my pizza oven. Could just load it up and know the base was going to hold well. I got a really nice compliment from one of my mates who was a few beers deep who said, "this is like what you think dominoes will be when you buy it but actually tastes like you want it to". It has a little tighter of a bread structure than a traditional fermented dough but its still chewy and soft and crispy, always a crowd pleaser and super easy to make. It's only about 5 mins of actual manual labour and you can get a drat good pizza in the oven in an hour.

The 2nd on is a more traditional high heat pizza dough with 240g bread flour, 2 grams of yeast, 6 grams of salt and 180 grams of water but it fermented for about 30 hours and was cooked in my pizza oven on a stone etc. Sugar and olive oil in the dough helps it brown and crisp at a lower temp over a longer cook, which you don't want in a high heat dough - hence no sugar, beer or oil in that one, because time and temp does it for you.

Thanks dude. Gonna gently caress around with this and see if I can’t make it on the grill too.

Just got my Masterbuilt Gravity Charcoal grill put together and I am loving loving it. It’s been rolling for 12 hours. Ribs are off, butts are still going, and jalapeño poppers were a nice mid cook snack.

Perfect 65 degree day.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
gently caress the Trash Pandas. That's the rebranded team they stole from Mobile.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GD_American posted:

gently caress the Trash Pandas. That's the rebranded team they stole from Mobile.

And the Angels comp gets even better

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I did, but I don’t think there’s enough stretching to overcome old and out of shape.

If you want to get back into it after a long time away, then there's absolutely no shame in alternating between walking and jogging when you're starting back up. Far more important to get out the door every day even if you're not running right away.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Every time I go to the gym, after my cardio I stretch for like 20 minutes, and stretch after I do weights. Sometimes I'm still stiff the next day.

I need to learn the roll bar stretch stuff to really work it out. In high school and college I could do splits but now, not a chance.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

LeeMajors posted:

This fuckin rules

It’s so great.

Montgomery Biscuits have the best mascot in baseball

I love MiLB and all their dumb mascots.

About 15 years ago I bought 6 Biscuits hats and my friends and I wore em to the bar. Highly recommend picking an MiLB team and doing that at least once.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Richmond Flying Squirrels are alright but Trash Pandas, Biscuits,the Lansing Lugnuts, and the Fort Myers Mighty Muscles are the clear top tier.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Savannah Bananas bitch

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

Every time I go to the gym, after my cardio I stretch for like 20 minutes, and stretch after I do weights. Sometimes I'm still stiff the next day.

I need to learn the roll bar stretch stuff to really work it out. In high school and college I could do splits but now, not a chance.

I stretch every night rather than after my work out.

I dont mind DOMS but I hate being all tense and stiff, nightly stretching is low key a good stress relief too. Just deep breathing with some music or something light on the TV is quite relaxing.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Richmond Flying Squirrels are alright but Trash Pandas, Biscuits,the Lansing Lugnuts, and the Fort Myers Mighty Muscles are the clear top tier.

The Eugene Emeralds are doing alternate logo nights a few times this year as the Exploding Whales, which isn’t just a funny name but a deep cut of Oregon lore.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joey Freshwater posted:

Savannah Bananas bitch

:hmmyes:

I missed their rebranding as that happened after my stint at SCAD.

Here we have the Portland Pickles, tho they have no MLB affiliation. Back in the day i watched the old Portland minor league team play (I poo poo you not) the Albuquerque Isotopes.

Somewhat related, I just got back from watching the new D&D movie. I did enjoy all the references and the Easter egg cameo, but the weirdest thing was actually before the film, where I watched a new AT&T commerical…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUikUyqOIY
Front & center is my old college buddy Anis Mogjani. Nice to see my friends doing well (even if it's an ad :capitalism:)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I appreciate that a team just went with the Isotopes, but mad that it isn't a Springfield

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

harperdc posted:

The Eugene Emeralds are doing alternate logo nights a few times this year as the Exploding Whales, which isn’t just a funny name but a deep cut of Oregon lore.

Tight.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

I appreciate that a team just went with the Isotopes, but mad that it isn't a Springfield

The Springfield Thunderbirds of the AHL at least once did a special night where they were the Ice-O-Topes with these jerseys, complete with a shoulder patch that was a Simpsons-version of their normal logo:

Minor league hockey doesn't have as many crazy names, but they do go with some cool special event jerseys:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

Not related but did any internet sleuths work out where simpsons springfield was actually located based on the clues in the show. I can't remember if that was a thing ever or not.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

BlindSite posted:

Not related but did any internet sleuths work out where simpsons springfield was actually located based on the clues in the show. I can't remember if that was a thing ever or not.

I think Oregon, because I saw Hey Arnold quoted as the longest running cartoon from Washington, and no way would anyone miss The Simpsons in that list.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Just watched the series finale of the Owl House.

Yeah I had tears in my eyes the entire second half.

What a beautiful show

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm pretty sure they confirmed the Simpsons was set in Oregon, yeah.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I worked for an unaffiliated minor league hockey team in college, at the home office mostly but also sometimes at the stadium for games, and that was one awesome gig - free concession food! Never ate so many soft pretzels in my life. One of our main rivals were the "IceHogs" and I always thought that was an excellent name.

Plus minor league hockey is super fun to watch when there was a chance during "work", and for my money more exciting (more goals, more fights) and easier to follow as a non-regular hockey viewer (slower speeds) than NHL.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ether Frenzy posted:

I worked for an unaffiliated minor league hockey team in college, at the home office mostly but also sometimes at the stadium for games, and that was one awesome gig - free concession food! Never ate so many soft pretzels in my life. One of our main rivals were the "IceHogs" and I always thought that was an excellent name.

Plus minor league hockey is super fun to watch when there was a chance during "work", and for my money more exciting (more goals, more fights) and easier to follow as a non-regular hockey viewer (slower speeds) than NHL.

Minor-league hockey is a lot of fun. We have the Fighting Saints here in Dubuque, who play in the USHL, and not only are they generally really good (this season was a bit mediocre), but the team ownership is really charitable. Every December they hold a Teddy Bear Toss game for the Tri-State Toys for Tots effort, which my best friend runs; after the first Saints goal in that game, everyone hurls a brand-new stuffed toy onto the ice. The previous Dubuque hockey team, the Thunderbirds, did the same thing.

USHL games when I lived in Green Bay were pretty fun, too. The Resch Center was cool, and I was able to get front-row seats for like $6 to see Green Bay Gamblers games. Granted, that was 2002-03, so I have no idea what it's like nowadays.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Matt Groening went to high school in Portland, OR, and the names of a lot of the long-running minor characters are taken from the ‘alphabet district’ in Portland - the hospital where I was born is on Lovejoy St, for example, which is six blocks from Flanders. Springfield is a town next door to where the University of Oregon is, so yes, that means the Oregon Ducks are from Shelbyville :v:

It has to be Springfield, Oregon.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I talked about going to the last game of the season yesterday for the Sea Wolves (SPHL team) with a coworker (busted up my army Thursday and couldn't go), and he told me something fascinating. He used to sing the national anthem for our old ECHL team, the Mobile Mysticks. He talked about the pre-season audition process, and he said they'd have a new singer every night for the American national anthem, but he always sang the Canadian national anthem.

This seemed kind of strange to me (he is not, in any way shape or form Canadian, and does not follow hockey), and he laughed and said he was one of the best male singers at the audition and all the hockey players were sick of them having women sing their anthem. So he became their guy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Back on my bread baking bullshit. (Insert prescient "He Is Risen" joke here)

Shakshouka Sunday is back, baby!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Made more pizzas tonight for my friends.

Before 6 beers

After 6 beers

This reminds me of those "give a spider acid" photos of webs on different kinds of drugs

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Had a quiet Easter at home with just my wife's folks coming up to visit. Almost doesn't quite feel like a holiday, though I wouldn't call it a dis-Easter. :haw:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's a running joke in the Simpsons that they don't say what state they live in, because there's like 15 Springfields in the USA, but Matt Groening did state he based it off the one in Oregon since he grew up nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

dis-Easter. :haw:

:dadjoke: