Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I spent about 5 minutes trying to pick between that and the Bucket Helm.

I chose wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So there is a jester event going on which has a ‘hide shoulder pad’ option as a prize for your whole account that is very easy to get. May be worth picking up even if you are on a break.

Thanks! I will come back for that, I like my characters to look plain as hell

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Doctor Zero posted:

I spent about 5 minutes trying to pick between that and the Bucket Helm.

I chose wisely.

I lucked out and got the bucket helm in the first prize I opened. It takes moments to get 3 tickets a day and the 'hide shoulder pad' option is only 5 tickets so pretty easy to pick up.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

hide shoulder will continue to be available, not limited to this event.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I lucked out and got the bucket helm in the first prize I opened. It takes moments to get 3 tickets a day and the 'hide shoulder pad' option is only 5 tickets so pretty easy to pick up.

Yeah I’m sure my guild will have 10 copies of it soon but I just couldn’t resist.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Hey so this game added a screen reading function in the latest patch and that's pretty dope. Almost makes me wanna come back and play again. How's the state of the game these days?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I quit this game a while back because it ran like hammered poo poo on my decent gaming rig. Now I fired it up on Xbox Series X game pass and have been enjoying it, so I re-installed on Steam and discovered the two accounts are different even after linking them both to my ESO account. I don't suppose there's any way to play my PC dudes on Xbone and vice versa? If not I'll be stuck trying to decide where to play :saddowns:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Pretty sure there’s not, I’m afraid. I looked into it when I got my Xbox, and had no luck finding anything.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PC, PS, and Xbox are all separate. No way to cross play.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

BurningBeard posted:

Hey so this game added a screen reading function in the latest patch and that's pretty dope. Almost makes me wanna come back and play again. How's the state of the game these days?

Really good IMO. PVP is still trash, but who does that :shrug: only complaint I may have is that once you hit 160 nothing is a threat anymore except for group bosses and activities, and even then it’s usually just a matter of patience.

Still is a lot of fun IMO though!!

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Doctor Zero posted:

Really good IMO. PVP is still trash, but who does that :shrug: only complaint I may have is that once you hit 160 nothing is a threat anymore except for group bosses and activities, and even then it’s usually just a matter of patience.

Still is a lot of fun IMO though!!

Sick. I mean back when I played circa ‘18 when Warden was new, everything was a joke with the Templar jab skill anyhow. As much as I like the idea of a more frantic combat style I gotta say it never felt like it was utilized particularly well. But that wasn’t what I liked about the game in the first place. It was cool that you could just run around and do poo poo with zero pressure. I’m mixed on scaling as a mechanic but for a game like this I feel like it made a lot of sense.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'm leveling a class for the first time and the scaling is definitely a little hard to get used to. I actually get less powerful after getting a few levels because I was leveling faster than I could get level appropriate gear.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've mostly played ESO on PC but have it on PS5 as well and it's definitely the best way to play it imho. PS5 ESO has amazing 3D audio if you have the 3D audio headset, easily the best of any game I've ever played. It's surprising I've never seen people talk about it.

PS5 ESO played in first person with the 3D audio headset is one of the most immersive games I've ever played.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Yeah I think there’s a solid base there and the PS5 headset probs enhances it. The positional audio in the game is so good that when my sister and I were playing she picked up one of those silly emote rewards from a dungeon that puts this big beam on her char and also gives off a sound, so my blind rear end could follow her both because of high contrast and also because the baseline positional audio was that good, and that was on PS4. Interested to see how it’ll be on Series with Dolby stuff.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Platform crossplay? Wake me up when they get server crossplay so I can play on the EU server without literally having to buy everything all over again. :colbert:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Syrinxx posted:

I quit this game a while back because it ran like hammered poo poo on my decent gaming rig. Now I fired it up on Xbox Series X game pass and have been enjoying it, so I re-installed on Steam and discovered the two accounts are different even after linking them both to my ESO account. I don't suppose there's any way to play my PC dudes on Xbone and vice versa? If not I'll be stuck trying to decide where to play :saddowns:
Ok so I can't cross play or have the same characters on different platforms so as a followup question - which is the better platform (Xbone vs Steam) for just quality of life things like cheaper in-game items, freebies/giveaways/Amazon Prime poo poo, cost of subscribing, etc?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Well, I guess on pc you can use mods to fix ui stuff you don't like and pc gets new content like a week or 2 earlier than console but other than that I can't think of anything. I like console as I can sit back and relax and I also don't have a gaming pc.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Mustang posted:

I've mostly played ESO on PC but have it on PS5 as well and it's definitely the best way to play it imho. PS5 ESO has amazing 3D audio if you have the 3D audio headset, easily the best of any game I've ever played. It's surprising I've never seen people talk about it.

PS5 ESO played in first person with the 3D audio headset is one of the most immersive games I've ever played.

gently caress yeah, you are right. Every morning my wife and I play a game of “are those birds outside, or in the game?” Also with speakers that support the positional audio, I can hear things coming up on me from behind or the sides. It’s incredible.

Hector Delgado posted:

Well, I guess on pc you can use mods to fix ui stuff you don't like and pc gets new content like a week or 2 earlier than console but other than that I can't think of anything. I like console as I can sit back and relax and I also don't have a gaming pc.

Yeah exactly. Mods on PC is about it. Although you can use a game controller with the PC version too. I do that with my Steam Deck. I much prefer PS5, but having ESO mobile on the Deck is amazing.

The content is exactly the same.

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 7, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just picked this up from the steam sale.

1) Is there an auction house or something I should be selling stuff on? I hit my inventory limit of 60 pretty quickly, and I just found a merchant to unload stuff. I take it the newb equipment is wanted by nobody, since everyone outgrows it in 5 seconds.

2) Is there a party system or the like? Thus far I'm playing the story quests detailed here
it fells like I just run around top speed solo and everything changes super fast. So far my strategy of looking at things and pressing the attack button has clowned everything. When/does group content occur? Is it good?

3) Should I be doing the side quests that pop up? I did them on newbie island, and they were all kind boring. Do they have effects later on or am I just going to outlevel them anyway. Any good content I'm missing by skipping them?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

1) Is there an auction house or something I should be selling stuff on? I hit my inventory limit of 60 pretty quickly, and I just found a merchant to unload stuff. I take it the newb equipment is wanted by nobody, since everyone outgrows it in 5 seconds.

2) Is there a party system or the like? Thus far I'm playing the story quests detailed here
it fells like I just run around top speed solo and everything changes super fast. So far my strategy of looking at things and pressing the attack button has clowned everything. When/does group content occur? Is it good?

3) Should I be doing the side quests that pop up? I did them on newbie island, and they were all kind boring. Do they have effects later on or am I just going to outlevel them anyway. Any good content I'm missing by skipping them?

I haven't played regularly in a couple of years or so but I still log in most days for the daily rewards for when I inevitably start playing again, so if my info is outdated or somehow wrong someone else can feel free to correct me, but I think my answers should be mostly correct at least on a basic level. Sorry, this ended up being a bit long, but I wanted to answer what you asked at least relatively well.

1a) There is no linked auction house, and in my opinion, the system they have is garbage. Guilds can rent spots out at all sorts of locations all over the world to have individual merchants that sell items, as mini one-off auction houses. So if you want to buy a specific thing, you might have to travel halfway across the continent. Likewise, if you want to sell something, you have to be in a guild that has a vendor, and hopefully it's in a good location. You can be in like 5 or so guilds at once, though. There used to be "trading guilds" that exist primarily for this purpose, and some would charge a fee for the privilege, and some free ones but they probably have worse trader locations. That last part may or may not still be the case. Personally, I just vendor most everything, which admittedly isn't optimal, but I just don't care enough to screw with their crappy system to maximize my pretend dollars, and I've never been "rich and extravagant" but never broke enough to seriously worry about anything either in the game.

1b) There are "bag vendors" in the major cities that let you upgrade your inventory space at the cost of gold, exponentially increasing in price the more inventory size you acquire (I think it still works this way). Someone is inevitably going to come in here and recommend getting the monthly subscription which gives you the "crafting bag" that gives you, I don't know, nearly unlimited bag space or something. I've never had a sub, so I personally don't miss it because I never had it. However, I also don't do any crafting, and as I said above, I indiscriminately vendor most everything, so there's less stuff filling up my bags. Bare minimum, go to the bag vendor and upgrade your inventory slots to whatever you feel comfortable with gold wise. Probably start doing mount training while you're at it if you're in a major city near a bag vendor, if it's like it used to be that's a daily thing that takes a while day by day.

2a) The main reason to join a party is either to play with a friend, or to do the dungeons, delves, world bosses, etc. When I played regularly, I enjoyed healing dungeons, but I think people just blitz through stuff now? I've read about people complaining about that, but I'm probably out of date there. But yes, for dungeons, there's a group finder where you can queue as tank/dps/heals if you want, and the easier world dungeons and delves you can just run in and either solo if possible or join up with someone or just follow another player around. You can start doing all that stuff at super low levels.

2b/3) You can do any storyline quests in whatever order you want, skip whatever you want, and it doesn't really matter. Doing the "main story quest line" is probably still pretty important to do, I think it still gives you skill points which is quite helpful. Missing out on those skill points is the big reason to make the main questline the one "mandatory" quest, but even then, I guess you could just... not, if you really wanted. Otherwise, it's all super open ended, you can do what you like, skip what you don't, do side quests if you feel like it, ignore them if you don't. Depending on how you go about things, there will be continuity errors, but that is unavoidable in ESO even if you try to 100% everything and follow some flow chart like you posted (that honestly I'm not even going to try to wade through despite typing all this out). If you're like me, you probably want to "do it right" but the developers didn't make that easy, it's just how it's designed. In the end, there's nothing wrong with running around clicking on things, hitting your favorite couple of attacks, and going to do something else whenever you feel like it. There's also nothing wrong with spending all the time you want in a zone you like. I think everything still scales with level while still remaining pretty drat easy by gaming standards. Either way there's so much to do it would probably take years of hard dedication and an insane amount of free time to do a fraction of what's out there, so you might as well enjoy whatever it is you are doing. Typing that last line out, that's probably good advice for the game and also for life.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've only been playing for a few weeks so I don't know a lot, but my character is already like level 47 and I've barely touched any side quests besides a few of the guild ones (mage, fighters, thieves), crafting quests, and a daily event quest. The last event had an xp modifier and I found just doing the 'daily dungeon finder' would give me like 2-3 levels at a time. It's actually a little too fast as I end up outleveling my gear. The dungeons are sort of like low level dungeons in other MMOs in that everyone just sort of runs forward and AEs down everything without any trouble. Lately I've had a few 'tricky' dungeons that have a few clear mechanics to avoid.

There is so much I like about this game BUT I really hate how limited the action bars are. My main character is a DK magic caster type that plays the same way now as he did like 30 levels ago. I keep unlocking new 'meh' abilities. I'm sure some are great and I see them in builds or whatever, but it just has always seemed silly for me to have 100 options for skills when I can only use like 5 of them at a time. Maybe I'll try playing as a tank or something to mix things up.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I've only been playing for a few weeks so I don't know a lot, but my character is already like level 47 and I've barely touched any side quests besides a few of the guild ones (mage, fighters, thieves), crafting quests, and a daily event quest. The last event had an xp modifier and I found just doing the 'daily dungeon finder' would give me like 2-3 levels at a time. It's actually a little too fast as I end up outleveling my gear. The dungeons are sort of like low level dungeons in other MMOs in that everyone just sort of runs forward and AEs down everything without any trouble. Lately I've had a few 'tricky' dungeons that have a few clear mechanics to avoid.

There is harder group content which you get access to later, namely HC dungeons, trials, DLC world bosses and HC trials. You want to be at least CP160 though, which is the max gear level when you stop levelling for most intents and purposes.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

There is so much I like about this game BUT I really hate how limited the action bars are. My main character is a DK magic caster type that plays the same way now as he did like 30 levels ago. I keep unlocking new 'meh' abilities. I'm sure some are great and I see them in builds or whatever, but it just has always seemed silly for me to have 100 options for skills when I can only use like 5 of them at a time. Maybe I'll try playing as a tank or something to mix things up.

One of the things the game does well is that CP levels and bank is shared between characters, meaning it's very easy to level and gear an alt (you can even twink them if you know what you are doing and have a decent crafting character, which can be quite fun).

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Private Speech posted:

There is harder group content which you get access to later, namely HC dungeons, trials, DLC world bosses and HC trials. You want to be at least CP160 though, which is the max gear level when you stop levelling for most intents and purposes.

One of the things the game does well is that CP levels and bank is shared between characters, meaning it's very easy to level and gear an alt (you can even twink them if you know what you are doing and have a decent crafting character, which can be quite fun).

This is good advice, and to add to it: there's a thing called the Armory that got added back in Deadlands, it's a free workstation where you can switch between two builds for the same character. As some folks have pointed out you can use that to have an unspecced version so you don't pay for redoing your stats, OR, you can use it to have a fighting and a crafting version for every character. It makes maxing out your daily crafting grind on multiples really quick to set up, while still having a badass version to go around and quest with. It also lets you toggle vampirism and/or lyconthropy at will (you'll have to pay crowns to get a third armory slot which sucks but, it is pretty neat to have one character who can go vampire or werewolf or mortal again whenever they want).

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Most of this has been answered above.
1) the guild trader system is as Twenty Four described. There are plenty of trading guilds that don't charge a fee, some are fully funded by donations/raffles, some have sales requirements, some have a mix of both. Some do have a weekly/monthly fee but you can find some without at every level of trading.

Things you might get in inventory and what to do with them:
"treasures" anything in the treasures tab, as well as anything with the gold icon beside it. Sell to vendor, its only purpose is to clog up your inventory (sorry, I mean "provide immersion")
Gear: if it's white, sell it or use it to research. Otherwise deconstruct it. Mats are worth more than the vendor price usually.
recipes or motifs: learn or sell to players.
mats: keep or sell to players.
random food and potions you find: vendor, what you can craft is better, no one wants these (maybe some exceptions at max level if people are using base potions mostly for a passive)
treasure maps: use or sell
anything else: probably use or sell, ask or look it up

Tamriel trade center: https://www.tamrieltradecentre.com/ is an addon and webpage that lets you look up items to buy on the webpage and tells you where to buy them. The addon gives suggested prices. Sometimes those prices are low, sometimes high, but it's a nice ballpark figure when asking yourself "should I vendor this, learn it or sell it" This is for PC only. Consoles have different economy, but largely similar rarity and demand, so you can at least look things up to see "is this worth something" even if the gold value is different.

And yes, upgrade bank and inventory. You can also upgrade 60 slots worth of inventory, one slot at a time once per day at a mount trainer.

2) Party system (and PVP) unlocks at level 10. There is a random dungeon finder for dungeons. You can also manually make a party with people in guilds or zone chat. Trials can't be random queued, must be made. Dungeons are 4 people, trials 12. You can also group with friends/zone randos for overland stuff. Group content is where the combat system shines. It ranges from piss easy to nearly impossible.

3) that quest guide is a narrative guide, not a level guide. if something bores you or you want to go out of order, feel free to do so. There's no "outleveling" everything in the game is level scaled. Some content is harder than others (mostly group content) but that's due to power creep over the game's lifetime, not anything to do with your level.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the info. Any content that people think is really good that I should beeline for? I'm doing the pact questline and am up to the second brother of destruction and it's kinda meh.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
The core games provinces are definitely the weakest, partly due to just how many they had to make for the games launch. All of the zones added with DLC offer really good and fleshed out settings to quest through. Unless you really want to experience the launch story and zones I would recommend just starting with Morrowind and then doing the rest of the DLC areas in order. Or in any order if particular ones interest you more. Maybe get one of the NPC companions first though.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Previews dropping for Necrom:

https://eso-hub.com/en/news/eso-arcanist-class-revealed-in-full

All base arcanist skills and passives (no morphs yet)

https://eso-hub.com/en/news/everything-we-know-about-the-mythics-in-eso-necrom

Early deets on 4 new mythics, numbers not set in stone

Death to light attack weaving, alhamdullilah

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Thanks for the info. Any content that people think is really good that I should beeline for? I'm doing the pact questline and am up to the second brother of destruction and it's kinda meh.

I think the Pact questline picks up in Shadowfen, which iirc you'll get to after the Dunmer areas. I really enjoyed that zone, it was packed full of fully new-to-me lore and this game, thus far, has done a really great job of making the Argonians super interesting. Also there's a quest in Shadowfen where you can get a polymorph to let you run around as a goofy skeleton forever if you so choose. Probably my favourite zone of the Alliance zones I've completed, but I've still got a few Aldmeri zones left and like... almost all of DC left to do. Post-Shadowfen, Eastmarch and The Rift are fun if you liked Skyrim. Windhelm is weirdly cozy and chill in ESO comparatively. In other words: you're almost out of the boring part of the Pact stuff, and imo it does get better!

Of the DLC I've done, I really liked the Western Skyrim/Markarth storyline. I think the general consensus is it's underwhelming, but I actually liked it a lot - with the caveat that the lore/story portion definitely gets far more interesting once you hit The Reach. But even in the first part, I think the main antagonist is really interesting (once again, he does get more development in the second part) and I'm a big fan of Fennorian. The Reach also has great music IMO as well. I also think Vateshran's Hollow is a fun single player challenge, especially the Minotaur platform fight.

I am currently 1/3 through Summerset, after doing Morrowind and Clockwork City. Thus far I'm really enjoying this storyline, but it definitely is one you'll want to do after completing at least one Alliance storyline - there are significant callbacks & cameos. Also, Clavicus Vile best Daedric Prince, as ever.

High Isle/Galen is fun to a point, has a decent strong start and first half, but IMO there's a lot of missed potential once you move to Galen. The zones themselves are lovely, I enjoyed exploring and progressing through them both. Also, putting Gourmand drops on guild traders was how I started making decent money.

I did run to Blackwood to pick up Mirri but haven't done anything else there. I love her, though. Have her as a support dual wield and she's super helpful. I think companions wise I use her the most, then Ember, then Isobel and Bastian I really haven't leveled much. I hear Bastian hates cheese or something?

I haven't finished any other DLC to comment on it beyond those. Probably doing Murkmire or Necrom next because what even is chronological order?

Mover posted:

Previews dropping for Necrom:

https://eso-hub.com/en/news/eso-arcanist-class-revealed-in-full

All base arcanist skills and passives (no morphs yet)

https://eso-hub.com/en/news/everything-we-know-about-the-mythics-in-eso-necrom

Early deets on 4 new mythics, numbers not set in stone

Death to light attack weaving, alhamdullilah

Also accessibility mythics are good and I'm glad they may be bringing another option to help provide more options for people who may have physical difficulty with the meta for any reason. Oakensoul + compression gloves saved my ability to play when my hands decided to suddenly turn into pain supernovas overnight last fall since for some reason the motion needed for bar swapping & repetitive light attack REALLY hurts, yet pressing down for heavy attacks is fine. I think expanding gameplay styles and trade offs to allow working around the meta is cool and good actually and something a lot of games are going to have to figure out as we enter a period where a more significant portion of gamers are hitting the age where mobility issues start coming home to roost.

noveria fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 13, 2023

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

noveria posted:

I think the Pact questline picks up in Shadowfen, which iirc you'll get to after the Dunmer areas. I really enjoyed that zone, it was packed full of fully new-to-me lore and this game, thus far, has done a really great job of making the Argonians super interesting. Also there's a quest in Shadowfen where you can get a polymorph to let you run around as a goofy skeleton forever if you so choose. Probably my favourite zone of the Alliance zones I've completed, but I've still got a few Aldmeri zones left and like... almost all of DC left to do. Post-Shadowfen, Eastmarch and The Rift are fun if you liked Skyrim. Windhelm is weirdly cozy and chill in ESO comparatively. In other words: you're almost out of the boring part of the Pact stuff, and imo it does get better!

Of the DLC I've done, I really liked the Western Skyrim/Markarth storyline. I think the general consensus is it's underwhelming, but I actually liked it a lot - with the caveat that the lore/story portion definitely gets far more interesting once you hit The Reach. But even in the first part, I think the main antagonist is really interesting (once again, he does get more development in the second part) and I'm a big fan of Fennorian. The Reach also has great music IMO as well. I also think Vateshran's Hollow is a fun single player challenge, especially the Minotaur platform fight.

I am currently 1/3 through Summerset, after doing Morrowind and Clockwork City. Thus far I'm really enjoying this storyline, but it definitely is one you'll want to do after completing at least one Alliance storyline - there are significant callbacks & cameos. Also, Clavicus Vile best Daedric Prince, as ever.

High Isle/Galen is fun to a point, has a decent strong start and first half, but IMO there's a lot of missed potential once you move to Galen. The zones themselves are lovely, I enjoyed exploring and progressing through them both. Also, putting Gourmand drops on guild traders was how I started making decent money.

I did run to Blackwood to pick up Mirri but haven't done anything else there. I love her, though. Have her as a support dual wield and she's super helpful. I think companions wise I use her the most, then Ember, then Isobel and Bastian I really haven't leveled much. I hear Bastian hates cheese or something?

I haven't finished any other DLC to comment on it beyond those. Probably doing Murkmire or Necrom next because what even is chronological order?

Also accessibility mythics are good and I'm glad they may be bringing another option to help provide more options for people who may have physical difficulty with the meta for any reason. Oakensoul + compression gloves saved my ability to play when my hands decided to suddenly turn into pain supernovas overnight last fall since for some reason the motion needed for bar swapping & repetitive light attack REALLY hurts, yet pressing down for heavy attacks is fine. I think expanding gameplay styles and trade offs to allow working around the meta is cool and good actually and something a lot of games are going to have to figure out as we enter a period where a more significant portion of gamers are hitting the age where mobility issues start coming home to roost.

What do you mean by accessibility mythics? Set items with accessibility tweaks baked in?

You’re right about the age thing. I’m partially blind and among disabled activists this is a common refrain. Everyone is likely to become disabled at some point in their lifetime, so everyone should have a vested interest in accessibility options. Not just mobility either. Seems there’s some serious effort to make the game more accessible in the first place, seeing as they added a screen reading function for menus/the interface for those of us with low vision.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m hopeful for the new accessibility mythic yeah, but it almost certainly will go the path of Oakensoul where it’s fine but just OK in PVE, but gets almost immediately dumpstered because they refuse to balance PVP separately

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

IMO they should just incorporate an auto-weave into the base game so you can hold a key down and get max DPS from your basic attacks, it's very silly to still have people competing at twitchy button-mashing like they're at a Donkey Kong tournament (only online where you can't confirm a level playing field, hooray!)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm still chasing the weave because I'm a dps brained dork, but I loving love oakensoul, I love that there's a viable, not just "viable", alternative.

My wife has hand pain and oakensorc has been a godsend for her, and I love it for questing or just loving around in overland.

I love that we can duo dungeons at our pace for the stories, and she is liking dps more now instead of just being stuck as (an awesome) healer.

So hell yes, bring on more accessability mythics. I'm intensely curious about the "no light attack" one tbh.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 14, 2023

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This not WOW. Don’t play like that unless doing so really is your jam. If you try to play ESO like other MMOs you will grow to hate it. Follow a region quest line as you feel like it. Get distracted. Poke your head into corners. Wander around. Do stupid emotes. Run away from danger.

Everything adjusts to your level, so there are no off limits areas. But be wary of elites and big packs of mobs. They are few and far between, so easy to avoid. If you do enter a “group zone” the game will warn you.

Basically be the bohemian murder hobo you are supposed to be like any other Elder Scrolls game.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I second that, don't play like its your job or you'll hate it like its your job.

Doctor Zero posted:

Everything adjusts to your level, so there are no off limits areas. But be wary of elites and big packs of mobs. They are few and far between, so easy to avoid. If you do enter a “group zone” the game will warn you.

To add to this.

As you play you'll notice enemy health bars, elites have little gold decorations on the sides of their health bars, bosses, world bosses, and other NTBFW mobs have even more decorations. This will help you identify them if you wanna run away or say YOLO and go for it anyway, soul gems are cheap and plentiful. :v:

Either way, sooner or later you'll hit peak murderhobo and solo almost everything with ease.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Yeah, I love that death is just a minor inconvenience and I can self rez on the spot and have enough time to run from whatever killed me.
I'll take repairable durability loss over a forced run back anytime.
It also encourages risky behavior which is always recommended.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Hector Delgado posted:

Yeah, I love that death is just a minor inconvenience and I can self rez on the spot and have enough time to run from whatever killed me.
I'll take repairable durability loss over a forced run back anytime.
It also encourages risky behavior which is always recommended.

Falling to your death is just a handy shortcut, seek the golden skyshard.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

How do you get these accessibility mythics?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Barreft posted:

How do you get these accessibility mythics?

Right now there's only the one, oakensoul ring.

You have to level up the scrying skill line (from greymoor chapter, then find 5 leads from doing specific content (admittedly this grind can suck) then you go out and look up each lead. Finding all 5 gives you the ring, you can make more for more characters after that for 25 transmute stones.

Its accessability lies in the fact that it removes one bar of abilities, but the trade off is you get a truckload of buffs that normally come from abilities, potions, etc. Permanently.

This ring, combined with a couple of sets that come from easy easy dungeons is the basis of the Heavy Attack build thats super popular right now. By holding down attack you do about 80% (75-80k dps vs the 100k most dps can do) of the damage a sweaty endgame dps can put out.

Its good for mobility issues because what rotation you do have is like 2-3 skills instead of 10, you hold down attack instead of weaving light attacks, and no barswapping.

Its not brain dead, you still have to learn and do mechs, but its opened up vet dungeons and dlc trials to people who straight up could not do them before, which is fuckin rad imo.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 15, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Error 404 posted:

Right now there's only the one, oakensoul ring.

You have to level up the scrying skill line (from greymoor chapter, then find 5 leads from doing specific content (admittedly this grind can suck) then you go out and look up each lead. Finding all 5 gives you the ring, you can make more for more characters after that for 25 transmute stones.

Its accessability lies in the fact that it removes one bar of abilities, but the trade off is you get a truckload of buffs that normally come from abilities, potions, etc. Permanently.

This ring, combined with a couple of sets that come from easy easy dungeons is the basis of the Heavy Attack build thats super popular right now. By holding down attack you do about 80% (75-80k dps vs the 100k most dps can do) of the damage a sweaty endgame dps can put out.

Its good for mobility issues because what rotation you do have is like 2-3 skills instead of 10, you hold down attack instead of weaving light attacks, and no barswapping.

Its not brain dead, you still have to learn and do mechs, but its opened up vet dungeons and dlc trials to people who straight up could not do them before, which is fuckin rad imo.

That sounds great. I got so drat tired of switching bars back when I played. I'm gonna grab it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I've grinded Scrying already, but either way that sounds amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, each of the 5 leads comes from doing a specific thing (you can google what to do/where to find each lead) and some leads can legit be a big pain in the rear end to get. Worth it though, imo.

As for the build, it works the best on sorceror, but you can absolutely pull good, but lower, dps with any class. The build is p much the gear basically, so once you have the gear you can swap it between your dudes, or build multiple copies.

Another reason I like it is that I can free up skill slots and easily level new skills/skill lines without worrying about doing lovely dps.

I levelled all the tank skills I needed on my necro healer last week, so now I can use my other armory slot to tank (once I build my gear for it ofc).

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 15, 2023