Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Jake_Kanter/status/1644838874995204099

Almost unheard-of Musk W

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
the government gives it money and it's run by tories, how is this debatable lol

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nuclear Spoon posted:

the government gives it money and it's run by tories, how is this debatable lol

BBC itself is specifically run on licence fees to avoid that. BBC World Service is run on government budgeted money.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

My Easter highlight is John Redwood begging god botherers to please say something nice about Brexit

https://twitter.com/johnredwood/status/1644953282903695361?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

And Keith managing to promote some, erm, extremely dodgy ones

https://twitter.com/filipposld/status/1644991794449350656?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Wow Audacious church are 100% a cult. Someone I went to uni with basically ended up giving all his money to that arsehole in "tithes".

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Feel like I've been teleported to the 70s. Neighbours are all wearing bunny ears and are having an egg hunt. Dads are out in force painting fences.

Am i crazy? I swear everything didn't used to shut on easter Sunday. Only Mcdonalds is open and our local recycling center looks like a bomb hit it, just like Christmas.

Had several people ask me last week "do you celebrate?" regarding easter.

Is it just the fact that its Ramadan, Easter, Passover and Thatcher death day all rolled into one?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Mebh posted:

Feel like I've been teleported to the 70s. Neighbours are all wearing bunny ears and are having an egg hunt. Dads are out in force painting fences.

Am i crazy? I swear everything didn't used to shut on easter Sunday. Only Mcdonalds is open and our local recycling center looks like a bomb hit it, just like Christmas.

Had several people ask me last week "do you celebrate?" regarding easter.

Is it just the fact that its Ramadan, Easter, Passover and Thatcher death day all rolled into one?

Greggs, One Stop, Co-op all open here.

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

Mebh posted:

Large shops are legally required to close on Easter Sunday. For the other stuff, that's just capitalism milking every drop of money from society by taking over anything vaguely like a holiday.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Only seen one easter egg over the last few weeks, and that was a few days ago in an off licence.

Wouldn't even known it was easter week otherwise. Don't get day off for official holidays, so meaningless to me really.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm just enjoying the weather. This is the best time of year imo.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Can't believe cadburys creme eggs are 50p a pop. Easter ruined

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Just made hot cross bun French toast, and will be spending the rest of the afternoon shooting holes in targets at the end of my garden. Frankly I quite like Easter- it’s an excuse to pig out and be lazy without all the family bullshit attached to Christmas. Also the weather is a bit better!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

And Keith managing to promote some, erm, extremely dodgy ones
I was going to joke about him managing to do that again, but it seems once more reality beats farce.

https://twitter.com/PixTheCat/status/1645034642892832768

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Camrath posted:

Just made hot cross bun French toast, and will be spending the rest of the afternoon shooting holes in targets at the end of my garden. Frankly I quite like Easter- it’s an excuse to pig out and be lazy without all the family bullshit attached to Christmas. Also the weather is a bit better!

A 4day weekend and a big roast, what's not to like. Should be every weekend really

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jeremy corbyn no surrender, big roast dinners and a long weekender

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Wouldn't even known it was easter week otherwise. Don't get day off for official holidays, so meaningless to me really.

Me neither. We have to book it out of our annual leave if we want the day off.
I have to go in to work tomorrow - everyone else has booked it as leave. But as a non-driver, bank holidays are pretty useless to me anyway.

Jippa posted:

I'm just enjoying the weather. This is the best time of year imo.

BBC weather has been showing the bright sunshine sticker all day for round here, it's been overcast & gloomy nonstop.

BBC for my town all day (been showing this since 7am)

Actual all day:

More BBC lies.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

jeremy corbyn no surrender, big roast dinners and a long weekender

Thank you for a new intrusive thought

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Isn't that Gary Sambrook?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1645023509557460992

:toot:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

bonfire of the inanities

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Let them fight!!!

https://twitter.com/jaheale/status/1645077396436000780?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
yvette cooper: too left wing for keith's labour party

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Now That's What I Call a Crime Ad

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Me neither. We have to book it out of our annual leave if we want the day off.
I have to go in to work tomorrow - everyone else has booked it as leave. But as a non-driver, bank holidays are pretty useless to me anyway.

BBC weather has been showing the bright sunshine sticker all day for round here, it's been overcast & gloomy nonstop.

BBC for my town all day (been showing this since 7am)

Actual all day:

More BBC lies.

Stick to the met office forecast, netweather forecast or having a look on the netweather radar
and jump back and forth a few times to see what direction the weather is heading in on it to see what the weather is actually doing.

Since the BBC abandoned the met office their weather forecasts have been complete crap.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ahahahaha

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1645172077589327872

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Our future prime minster, a worried-looking slab of racist ham

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

lmao "I stand by every word" means an abject apology and denial he even knew about the campaign in two weeks

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OMG - WTF is wrong with these people? These transphobes are utterly obsessed with toilets.

https://twitter.com/skedeschi/status/1645167038845927425?s=20

Replies to the tweet (the one sharing the transphobe's tweet) are hilarious.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 10, 2023

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Gents toilets are full of dudes casually washing their junk in the sink.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Transphobia is like 80% just the cultural sequel to homophobia and everyone knew that gay men don't pee, they just go in the toilets to touch penis and also rub their penis on things.

All projection by penis obsessed idiots.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mate you are lucky if people wash their hands in the toilet nobody's washing their dick

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
First we train men to wash their hands, then their dicks, build up slowly to washing their assholes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would probably say arse before dick tbh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Washing either in public is preferable to whatever the very normals are trying to rehabilitate today :gonk:
https://twitter.com/MaxGeniusTAG/status/1645007900195135488

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Whenever I've had to use a public toilet, I concentrate solely on going to the toilet. I've never thought about the genitalia of others in the immediate area, nor what they are doing. I'm right in thinking that it almost definitely doesn't matter to them either, and it's used solely as a loud dog whistle?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I've heard that some people can play the harmonica that way too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

lmao, Kieth announced all of this in an article in the loving Mail. I thought it was just them reporting on a statement of his made elsewhere....

https://twitter.com/bheardmedia/status/1645178916686929925

e: Here's an archive.is snapshot: https://archive.is/THhz4

quote:

Rishi Sunak and successive Tory governments have let criminals get away with it because they don't get it. They have never lived in those neighbourhoods, they don't understand people's lives, they have never walked in those shoes. I have. I know exactly who suffers when government goes soft on crime: not those insulated from its effects but ordinary, decent people.

:allears:

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 10, 2023

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean I think the terfs are absolutely genuinely terrified of sharing a bathroom with trans people and absolutely constantly thinking about other people's genitals, but that's an argument against being a loving terf because the fear stems from terf brain not the other way around.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Reputable clubs have a house dealer set up in the all-gender bathroom to make sure that it's a safe place for everyone. Maybe transphobes are just too obviously bad news to get in to the good clubs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The house dealer sells the most dangerous drug: property