Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I don't understand the modes, is it just switching to 24p from (hopefully) 60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I could never figure it out either (taking the baked-in motion smoothing off on the PS5).

Probably a Sony issue because my X-700 had that problem too until I switched the 24p conversion setting off.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

is game mode on the tv or on the ps5? is it something the ps5 can switch on the tv using hdmi commands or something

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Severin posted that they are screening Emanuelle in America the 15th of June at the Austin Film Society, and that their Emanuelle boxset, The Sensual World of Black Emanuelle, will be available for purchase that date. This means that the boxset will be on sale at their website around the same time. One of my most anticipated releases, and Severin has been honeydicking everyone with this set for at least two years, so I'm really excited to finally have it in my collection. It's a really good time right now if you like 70s / 80s extra sleazy extra demented sexploitation films, and the Black Emanuelle movies are top tier in that subgenre.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

The modes are set by the TV HDR settings and tweak things like sharpness, color temp, edge sharpening and contrast. Most of the time you can set them by input but since you’ll be using the same input for movies and games on the PS5 you’ll probably have to toggle them manually.

You can turn off the noise reduction and smoothing for blu ray playback on PS5 but it’s not in the system menu, you have to access it during playback. Hit the three lines button and an in-screen menu will pop up, I think they’re listed under advanced or something but the menu isn’t very big so you should be able to find it easily. Fortunately it remembers and you don’t have to do it ever again.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Yeah I have a TV with Roku as interface, and there are two separate settings I change when flipping between movies and games on my PS5. I don't think I've ever looked at settings like that on the system itself, thinking about it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm watching The Stuff on Tubi because I can't wait any longer for the directors cut to come to disk

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ultraviolence123 posted:

Severin posted that they are screening Emanuelle in America the 15th of June at the Austin Film Society, and that their Emanuelle boxset, The Sensual World of Black Emanuelle, will be available for purchase that date. This means that the boxset will be on sale at their website around the same time. One of my most anticipated releases, and Severin has been honeydicking everyone with this set for at least two years, so I'm really excited to finally have it in my collection. It's a really good time right now if you like 70s / 80s extra sleazy extra demented sexploitation films, and the Black Emanuelle movies are top tier in that subgenre.

I think their summer sale is in June, so that lines up. I’m a little behind on them, so I’m really looking forward to this sale.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

barnold posted:

are there still lots of 4K sets out there that don't do per-input video settings? my LG C1 does so even if I had a standalone player rather than using my Series X, I wouldn't have to worry about disabling game mode because they'd never be connected to the same HDMI input

i'm pretty sure my samsung 'the frame' doesn't have the ability to do this.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
The Arrow release of The Long Good Friday turned up yesterday, just in time (along with their 4K release of the good Crash, which I've never seen). I saw it once, years ago, on TV and so all I could remember was the final shot, which I didn't even remember accurately anyway. A fantastic quality transfer and restoration, and really well shot with some inventive camera movements.

A great look at 1979 London, and funny to see Hoskin's character comment on what slums certain London houses were, when these days they'd be going for £1 million easy.

Also featured an early appearance of Pierce Brosnan.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/epm106/status/1644368419209224195?s=46&t=K6CRMiA33aFQep_ZPx64DQ

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm gonna split hairs here and go rogue as I like to do. David Lynch's Poltergeist would have hot film noir style women in tight dresses saying cool stuff, and a guy with a pompadour saying genuinly tight funny dialogue, and we'd have a cool jazzy soundtrack. I love David Lynch, and every offputting or weird movie getting compared to him never has the full Lynch package. Lynch movies rule, and I don't have much interest in Skindadink. Also I guess David Lynch's Poltergeist might have a ghost too, but that's not the point. The ghost would be really cool, he'd be into hot rods and stuff.

There can be only one...

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 8, 2023

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006

Carpet posted:

The Arrow release of The Long Good Friday turned up yesterday, just in time (along with their 4K release of the good Crash, which I've never seen). I saw it once, years ago, on TV and so all I could remember was the final shot, which I didn't even remember accurately anyway. A fantastic quality transfer and restoration, and really well shot with some inventive camera movements.

A great look at 1979 London, and funny to see Hoskin's character comment on what slums certain London houses were, when these days they'd be going for £1 million easy.

Also featured an early appearance of Pierce Brosnan.

I was fortunate enough to pick up the Steelbook a little while back. Terrific transfer, excellent movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm watching The Stuff on Tubi because I can't wait any longer for the directors cut to come to disk

It is both Extremely Unfair and also Very Not Cool that there's been no word about this since announcement

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Any Kino sale recommendations (any format)? Thinking about picking up Silence of the Lambs 4K and maybe a couple of the Kubrick 4Ks but I’m curious what hidden gems are in their huge sale

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Tesh posted:

Any Kino sale recommendations (any format)? Thinking about picking up Silence of the Lambs 4K and maybe a couple of the Kubrick 4Ks but I’m curious what hidden gems are in their huge sale

Career Opportunities was one of my favorite movies growing up. Still love it. Early 90's department store perfection.

Laws of Gravity is a super influential and very well acted low-budget movie from the early 90s that isn't really talked about today, but a bunch of directors made their first movie because of its existence, a la Linklater's Slacker.

If you're into silents at all, Die Nibelungen is pretty spectacular. Underseen as compared to some other Fritz Lang movies, but no less great.

On The Bowery is kind of like a proto The Wire / The Corner, focusing on drunks in a crappy part of NYC.

Bend of the River is a steal at $6.99. Every Anthony Mann western rules. I don't even tend to like westerns much, but I like all of his.

Beware the Blob is terrible but I did the captions for it.

Heartbeeps is a movie that exists.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My friends and I have a yearly tradition where we eat burgers and watch Heartbeeps and it's called Burgers 'N Beeps. Now is the time to finally upgrade to a physical copy. :rock:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Hard Target 4K is great.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I went to Walmart today

:20bux::10bux:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Some quick Kino recs:

The Adventures of Prince Achmed (Milestone) - Groundbreaking, but still entertaining eaarly silent animated feature done entirely with silhouette cutouts. Has the original orchestral score (by Wolfgang Zeller, who scored Dreyer's Vampyr)

Blackmail - Hitchcock's first talkie (and Britain's first), has both silent and talkie versions plus lots of extras.

American Film Theatre (Filmed versions of plays with top-tier stars):
Butley - One of my favorite from the series, Alan Bates plays a gay teacher.
A Delicate Balance - Katharine Hepburn and Paul Scofield are great in this, same writer as Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf (Edward Albee)
The Iceman Cometh - The best one, John Frankenheimer directs Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, Fredric March, and Jeff Bridges. Has both the 4-hour cut (sourced from 35mm and 16mm) and the theatrical (35mm) version.
In Celebration - Alan Bates and Brian Cox, directed by Lindsay Anderson
Rhinoceros - Absurdist play starring Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder.

The Connection - Cool as gently caress faux documentary about jazz and junkies, Shirley Clarke's first feature.

Le doulos - One of Jean-Pierre Melville's best, stars Jean-Paul Belmondo.
Fantomas - One of the older silent serials, but really entertaining.
Fritz Lang: The Silent Films - All of Lang's silents from the Murnau Foundation restorations in deluxe packaging. Great deal for $90.
The General/Three Ages - While the Cohen version is a better restoration (same as Region B Eureka), this has a wonderful score by Joe Hisiashi.
Gog - One of my favorite 50s 3D films, gets nice and weird.
Hannibal - Kino's first UHD and an underrated sequel.
The Hitch-hiker - One of the best noirs, directed by Ida Lupino!
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - While a public domain staple, this uses Universal's beautiful 4K restoration.
Irma la douce - Underrated Billy Wilder comedy starring Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine. The 4K restoration is gorgeous.
The Kid Stays in the Picture - Great doc on Robert Evans.

Kubrick UHDs (All of these are stunning new 4K Dolby Vision restorations. While they don't have Criterion extras, huge improvements in the image quality):

Killer's Kiss
The Killing
Paths of Glory

The Lady from Shanghai - While this had previous editions, this adds two new commentaries and uses the master Indicator used. Best artwork out of all the releases.
The Landlord - Hal Ashby's first feature is wild.
Last Year at Marienbad - Big improvement over the long-OOP Criterion Blu, I think this even has better extras.
The Long Goodbye - My favorite Altman and Kino's new 4K remaster is a gigantic improvement over the old disc.
Madchen in Uniform - Incredible early 30s German film.
Marty - Remastered version uses new 4K transfer finally in the original 1.85:1, plus a new commentary.
The Mask - Weird little Canadian horror with 3D sequences.
The Maze - Another weird 3D film, this one directed by William Cameron Menzies.
The Mystery of Picasso (Milestone) - Awesome look at Picasso's artistic process as he paints for the camera for Henri-Georges Clouzot.
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break - W.C. Fields' last released feature is a hilarious bit of postmodern satire.
Our Hospitality - Underrated Keaton silent, this has a great 4K restoration.
The Party - Underrated Blake Edwards comedy with Peter Sellers
Pioneers of African-American Cinema - Incredible box set of early films by African-American filmmakers. Worth it just for the silent Micheauxs and the western The Bronze Buckaroo.
Pioneers: First Women Filmmakers - Good companion set to Flicker Alley's box, worth it for the Nazimova version of Salome.
Planet of the Vampires - Mario Bava's sci-fi gets a spiffy 2K remaster and new extras.
The Raven - One of my favorite Corman films, this time it's a comedy take on Poe's poem starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and Jack Nicholson.
Reginald Denny Collection - Obscure silent comedies are a lot of fun, especially What Happened to Jones? All Universal 4K restorations.

The Sicilian Clan - Cool French-Italian gangster film with Alain Delon and Lino Ventura.
Silent Avant-Garde - Just released recently, sort of a "best of" based on the Unseen Cinema box set released on DVD a long time ago. Worth it just for the short N.Y., N.Y.
Some Like It Hot - One of Wilder's best and I think has better extras than Criterion.
The Song of Songs - Underrated Rouben Mamoulian drama starring Marlene Dietrich.
The Sound Barrier - Lesser-known David Lean film.
Sweet Charity - Bob Fosse's debut as director, really awesome. Shirley MacClaine stars.
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three - One of the best 70s thrillers, now in UHD.
Touchez pas au grisbi - One of the great 50s French noirs.

AVOID:
Night Tide - Newer restoration out from Indicator that's region free.
A Star is Born - 4K restoration out from Warner
The Stranger - Good disc, but might be getting a remaster soon.
The Train - UHD coming soon.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Egbert Souse posted:

Some quick Kino recs:

The Adventures of Prince Achmed (Milestone) - Groundbreaking, but still entertaining eaarly silent animated feature done entirely with silhouette cutouts. Has the original orchestral score (by Wolfgang Zeller, who scored Dreyer's Vampyr)

Blackmail - Hitchcock's first talkie (and Britain's first), has both silent and talkie versions plus lots of extras.

A Delicate Balance - Katharine Hepburn and Paul Scofield are great in this, same writer as Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf (Edward Albee)
The Iceman Cometh - The best one, John Frankenheimer directs Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan, Fredric March, and Jeff Bridges. Has both the 4-hour cut (sourced from 35mm and 16mm) and the theatrical (35mm) version.

The Connection - Cool as gently caress faux documentary about jazz and junkies, Shirley Clarke's first feature.

Fritz Lang: The Silent Films - All of Lang's silents from the Murnau Foundation restorations in deluxe packaging. Great deal for $90.
The General/Three Ages - While the Cohen version is a better restoration (same as Region B Eureka), this has a wonderful score by Joe Hisiashi.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame - While a public domain staple, this uses Universal's beautiful 4K restoration.
Irma la douce - Underrated Billy Wilder comedy starring Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine. The 4K restoration is gorgeous.

Kubrick UHDs (All of these are stunning new 4K Dolby Vision restorations. While they don't have Criterion extras, huge improvements in the image quality):

Killer's Kiss
The Killing
Paths of Glory

The Lady from Shanghai - While this had previous editions, this adds two new commentaries and uses the master Indicator used. Best artwork out of all the releases.
Last Year at Marienbad - Big improvement over the long-OOP Criterion Blu, I think this even has better extras.
The Long Goodbye - My favorite Altman and Kino's new 4K remaster is a gigantic improvement over the old disc.
Marty - Remastered version uses new 4K transfer finally in the original 1.85:1, plus a new commentary.
The Mystery of Picasso (Milestone) - Awesome look at Picasso's artistic process as he paints for the camera for Henri-Georges Clouzot.
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break - W.C. Fields' last released feature is a hilarious bit of postmodern satire.
Pioneers of African-American Cinema - Incredible box set of early films by African-American filmmakers. Worth it just for the silent Micheauxs and the western The Bronze Buckaroo.
Pioneers: First Women Filmmakers - Good companion set to Flicker Alley's box, worth it for the Nazimova version of Salome.
Planet of the Vampires - Mario Bava's sci-fi gets a spiffy 2K remaster and new extras.
The Raven - One of my favorite Corman films, this time it's a comedy take on Poe's poem starring Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and Jack Nicholson.
Reginald Denny Collection - Obscure silent comedies are a lot of fun, especially What Happened to Jones? All Universal 4K restorations.

The Sicilian Clan - Cool French-Italian gangster film with Alain Delon and Lino Ventura.
Silent Avant-Garde - Just released recently, sort of a "best of" based on the Unseen Cinema box set released on DVD a long time ago. Worth it just for the short N.Y., N.Y.
Some Like It Hot - One of Wilder's best and I think has better extras than Criterion.
The Song of Songs - Underrated Rouben Mamoulian drama starring Marlene Dietrich.
Sweet Charity - Bob Fosse's debut as director, really awesome. Shirley MacClaine stars.

AVOID:

Great post, thanks for reminding me to grab The Lady of Shanghai!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Train is dope and folks should check it out when that UHD comes out.

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

The only Kino I own is their women directed silent film collection. Pre Hayes code stuff is something. The most well known of the collection basically seemed to be simultaneously railing against eugenics but saying that only poor people should get abortions and that rich people shouldn't.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Egbert Souse posted:

Some quick Kino recs:

Thanks for this list!

I ended picking up:

Apples
A Delicate Balance
Diary of a Mad Housewife
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Russians Are Coming The Russians Are Coming

I’ve never heard of A Delicate Balance but it sounds great.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Egbert Souse posted:

Some quick Kino recs:

Killer's Kiss
The Killing
Paths of Glory

AVOID:

:eyepop: Good golly i wish i had several hundred more dollars to blow. Thanks for the excellent list!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/papapishu/status/1644892688670441473?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Which Blu-ray should I get if I want the original color?

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

The older Criterion blu doesn’t have the Matrix filter applied to it, and looks to still be available for purchase from their store.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

katatonic posted:

The older Criterion blu doesn’t have the Matrix filter applied to it, and looks to still be available for purchase from their store.

exactly what I did, WKW sucks for altering all of these. Fallen angels being the worst offender and chungking being the least. I have a feeling the older BD will eventually go out of print in favor of the boxset and individual versions, so I would grab it when possible

No clue what I'll do for the rest, fallen angels on blu is dumb expensive at this point

And yeah, he cut the DP out of the process, you can find an interview with christopher doyle where he basically just shrugs. Sure, the stuff is technically flaws or workarounds for the budget at the time, but it also set the visual look we all know

dudes as bad as storaro cropping all his stuff now

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

katatonic posted:

Here's all the editions available from Criterion...

2002 DVD - Original color timing (out of print)
2012 Blu-ray - Remastered, but original color timing (still in print)
2018 DVD - Quietly upgraded DVD using 2012 master in SD (still in print)
2021 Blu-ray - Part of World of Wong Kar Wai box set, reworked color and sound
2022 UHD - Same 4K master as 2021 box set disc, also includes Blu-ray identical to previous year's edition

The 2012 Blu-ray actually holds up quite well, even if one wonders what an untampered 4K remaster could have looked like in 4K...

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I forgot that Kino Lorber was still doing "While Supplies Last" for some titles. Basically, releases that will go OOP once they're sold out either because they haven't sold enough to justify another printing or the rights will be running out (practically all titles licensed from Disney and Fox).

https://kinolorber.com/collection/kino-lorber-while-supplies-last-2022

Here's some of the highlights...
After the Fox (MGM) - Vittorio de Sica directs Peter Sellers and Victor Mature
The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend (Fox) - Only Technicolor feature from Preston Sturges, not as great as his early 40s films, but still fun enough.
The Boys in the Band (Paramount) - William Friedkin directs Mort Crowley's play about gay men in NYC. Brilliant all the way.
Cabin Boy - Stacked SE and unlikely to get reissued by Disney.
Fixed Bayonets! (Fox) - Sam Fuller war film, brilliant.
How I Won the War (MGM) - Richard Lester's anti-war satire with an interesting cast that includes John Lennon.
Kazaam (Disney) - I'd imagine a lot of people are nostalgic for this.
Kundun (Disney) - Likely to never be released again, one of Scorsese's best. Has a second disc of extras, including a feature-length doc!
Oscar (Disney) - Underrated film by John Landis starring Sylvester Stallone. It's 100% a homage to the works of Lubitsch and Sturges.
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collections 1-5 (MGM) - The first 2-3 volumes are pretty essential at least, great remasters with commentaries and docs.
Prince of Foxes (Fox) - Good swashbuckler with Tyrone Power and Orson Welles.
Western Union (Fox) - One of the few Technicolor Fritz Lang films.
X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes (MGM) - Great Corman sci-fi horror with Ray Milland.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Cabin Boy Blu is fantastic 'cause it's not a culty VS reclamation project where everyone comes back on the bonus features all "Finally, our day in the sun!" Everyone's still sad about how utterly despised the film was. Also you get six minutes of B-Roll footage of Chris Elliot kissing a worm. Highly recommended.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Home Grown Horrors vol 1 is apparently running low, should I finally pull the trigger on getting it and vol 2? I wanted to be done from ordering VS stuff until halfway to Black Friday but there's no chance that's lasting till then

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it says there are 649 left of vol 1 and > 1000 left of vol 2? i wouldn't expect it to sell out soon?

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Home Grown Horrors vol 1 is apparently running low, should I finally pull the trigger on getting it and vol 2? I wanted to be done from ordering VS stuff until halfway to Black Friday but there's no chance that's lasting till then

The first set is better than the second imo, and available in much lower quantities. Might be worth picking up now!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

All 3 of the HGH vol 1 movies are pretty fun. They all ooze with that off beat regional charm and DIY attitude.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Egbert Souse posted:

I forgot that Kino Lorber was still doing "While Supplies Last" for some titles. Basically, releases that will go OOP once they're sold out either because they haven't sold enough to justify another printing or the rights will be running out (practically all titles licensed from Disney and Fox).

https://kinolorber.com/collection/kino-lorber-while-supplies-last-2022

Here's some of the highlights...
After the Fox (MGM) - Vittorio de Sica directs Peter Sellers and Victor Mature
The Beautiful Blonde from Bashful Bend (Fox) - Only Technicolor feature from Preston Sturges, not as great as his early 40s films, but still fun enough.
The Boys in the Band (Paramount) - William Friedkin directs Mort Crowley's play about gay men in NYC. Brilliant all the way.
Cabin Boy - Stacked SE and unlikely to get reissued by Disney.
Fixed Bayonets! (Fox) - Sam Fuller war film, brilliant.
How I Won the War (MGM) - Richard Lester's anti-war satire with an interesting cast that includes John Lennon.
Kazaam (Disney) - I'd imagine a lot of people are nostalgic for this.
Kundun (Disney) - Likely to never be released again, one of Scorsese's best. Has a second disc of extras, including a feature-length doc!
Oscar (Disney) - Underrated film by John Landis starring Sylvester Stallone. It's 100% a homage to the works of Lubitsch and Sturges.
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collections 1-5 (MGM) - The first 2-3 volumes are pretty essential at least, great remasters with commentaries and docs.
Prince of Foxes (Fox) - Good swashbuckler with Tyrone Power and Orson Welles.
Western Union (Fox) - One of the few Technicolor Fritz Lang films.
X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes (MGM) - Great Corman sci-fi horror with Ray Milland.

You're killing me (wallet) here, egbert

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Chris James 2 posted:

Home Grown Horrors vol 1 is apparently running low, should I finally pull the trigger on getting it and vol 2?
Both are dope, but unless you have FOMO for the sturdy box you can probably hold off for a standard edition when the limited sells out.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pwn posted:

You're killing me (wallet) here, egbert

same. that was a big stack but good

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How I Won The War is extremely good. Everyone buy that.

It's great, it does the basic thing every World War 1 movie does about how the military leaders were incompetent rich buffoons who spent the lives of their soldiers without thought so thousands of British men died pointless deaths for nothing, but it does it about World War 2. Which was not well received by British audiences in the 60s.

edit: in case that description doesn't make it clear, it's a comedy.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I just watched Dragonslayer in 4k and man it looks great. I mean, truly great, they did a wonderful job.

I consider it to be THE alpha example of "80s dirty fantasy movie" in terms of aesthetic so seeing it done up so right really made me happy.

I also listened to about 10 minutes of the commentary between Guillermo Del Toro and the director Matthew Robbins and it was good, so this one hit the sweet spot for me.