Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Poor Patrick Stewart certainly looks close to that on Picard. I get nervous watching him since he looks so fragile.

My ideal replacement character for head of the CIA if he croaked was to be Lance Reddick :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I feel like Bob Odenkirk could pull it off well. Play it like a hybrid of Avery and Saul.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

My vote is for Toby Huss doing his Gen. Treister voice.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Dang, the site I watched american dad on no longer exists. RIP watching new episodes

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

RC Cola posted:

Dang, the site I watched american dad on no longer exists. RIP watching new episodes

It's not that hard to find a few others.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

TheFattestPat posted:

It's not that hard to find a few others.

Yeah, and I found one already, but I don't like spending a very small amount of time and effort on anything. American Dad is lucky that its the best show on television

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The second episode felt a bit scattershot but had a lot of good stuff in it.

- Dive on in
- Roger T. Publishing Persona
- "The only thing I want to do twice a day is crank it, knowwhadImean? Nooooice! I mean eewww!"
- "I was the professor and the coach the whole time"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Yeah girl, solve your problems! Eat those bees!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I'm finally catching up, I love the callback in the Grounch where Francine's stirring a pot with nothing in it again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ok so American Dad rules, but what other comedy shows do y'all like that are maybe comparable in terms of quality?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Barry and Patriot are both masterpieces and very similar. The former is a hitman, the latter a cia field agent. Patriot is less overtly comedic, but not less funny.

Both are brutally violent and dramatic.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 9, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

For rewatches I also go for Archer, Brooklyn 99 (though I haven't felt the urge to rewatch after that last season yet, there's a lot of little bits and lines that still make me grin) and Always Sunny. American Dad's easily my favorite series, though.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The Venture Brothers is an evergreen answer.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
30 Rock has a lot of American Dad energy.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
All of those shows are good. Community. I think you should leave. Detroiters.

Moral Orel.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

There was an animated thing on Netflix that I think was insanely brilliant but has been overlooked: Saturday Morning All-Star Hits

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Cleveland Show :smug:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Ah yeah, it's only got one season so far but I enjoyed 10 Year Old Tom.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yeah 10 Year Old Tom is good

also The Life And Times Of Tim is great and I think it's on HBO Max

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

Ah yeah, it's only got one season so far but I enjoyed 10 Year Old Tom.

They recorded the voice parts for season 2 so it is still ostensibly coming.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Definitely looking forward to that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

They recorded the voice parts for season 2 so it is still ostensibly coming.

I saw Todd Glass perform in February, and he interrupted his own act twice to launch into song about Ten Year Old Tom being renewed for season 2, so I figure it is coming out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what episodes I should use to introduce someone to the show?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Adventures in Halyleysitting, Stan's Night Out. Vacation Goo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Jones for Smith, Cops & Roger

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

In Country Club

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gold Top Nuts

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

M-Mathew? MAATTTHEWWW!!!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

The Unincludeds

The one where Stan makes a clone of Steve to raise his way

The one where Stan wants to get close to Steve so he Avatars into the body of a hot girl Steve's age. It includes the god tier B-plot of Roger driving a lino

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wild Women Do

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can I Be Frank With You - it's so easy to forget Boys 12 was a B-plot

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The best!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Brawnfire posted:

The Cleveland Show :smug:

Extremely underrated imho

SeANMcBAY posted:

Do you guys have any suggestions on what episodes I should use to introduce someone to the show?

A Jones for a Smith would be a good episode for learning about characters' personalities. I would have suggested School Lies because it's such a good Roger episode, but I think Mind Quad & Jimmy Boombox might need a little more context.

FireWorksWell posted:

Adventures in Halyleysitting, Stan's Night Out. Vacation Goo

I don't know if any of these episodes are especially bad for introducing someone to the show, but for what it's worth, I didn't like any of them until after I rewatched them.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Killer Vacation
Any of the Christmas episodes.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

YeahTubaMike posted:

Extremely underrated imho

Yeah I was surprised to find that I actually really liked The Cleveland Show overall? Far more than Family Guy (which isn't necessarily saying a lot). When it comes to the MacFarlane trifecta, American Dad is still way ahead of the other two regardless.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 10, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah I was surprised to find that I actually really liked The Cleveland Show overall? Far more than Family Guy (which isn't necessarily saying a lot). When it comes to the MacFarlane trifecta, American Dad is still way ahead of the other two regardless.

i took this as a reason to finally watch the cleveland show. i guess it's better than family guy? fair warning for anyone who hasnt watched it that it's also randomly got a super loving transphobic episode like family guy

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mx. posted:

i took this as a reason to finally watch the cleveland show. i guess it's better than family guy? fair warning for anyone who hasnt watched it that it's also randomly got a super loving transphobic episode like family guy

Ugh yeah, I always skip that one so I forgot it existed. Also, Auntie Mama -- much like Madea, the character she's based on -- is terrible in general.

American Dad's trans character is basically a transphobic caricature too though. It's true that no one seems to have any negative feelings toward her and Jackson clearly loves her, but the fact that he loves her despite knowing she's trans (and her initial unawareness that he knew she was trans) is treated like a joke and/or fetish.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Much like American Dad The Cleveland show took a while to find it's footing and I feel like it got cancelled JUST as it was really starting to understand it's characters and how to best use them. We were like a season away from solid gold, but a lot of the stuff we did get was good so I guess we should just be happy with that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, future Roger was not a persona!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Funny seeing Future Snot (pre-turtle) in the prison.