Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
edit: I attempted to edit my last post but somehow ended up quoting it instead. I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Terper posted:

Well the manga is also only more comedy than romance in the early chapters. Anime is just pushing the romance angle earlier, partly due to necessities in adaptation (since manga is inherently faster to get through, both the jokey scenes and the romantic scenes and the foreshadowing scenes come quicker and are less noticeable, while they linger on shots in anime), and partly because the story is a romcom that is more rom than com. There's not a single joke in the OP other than the goofy bounce.

Yeah, it's not the comedy that I'm reading Yabai for.

This adaptation's still not doing it for me, though, and I'm not sure why? Maybe it'll be better when it gets to the later stuff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Suletta Sunday is so fuckin back

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Otonair no Ginga ep1 done.
I feel like I would have liked it better without the alien angle. Aliens seem to be in this season. Would have just liked a regular fluffy manga and his assistant romance.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Yeah, it's not the comedy that I'm reading Yabai for.

This adaptation's still not doing it for me, though, and I'm not sure why? Maybe it'll be better when it gets to the later stuff.
I think even the greatest of adaptations would still feel somewhat awkward, since that's just how the first dozen or so chapters are. Once the characters no longer need to have a specific reason to talk to each other is when it really starts to take off, since their interactions are the best part.

e: they could turn down the bloom slightly tho yeah

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
the comedy in Yabai is definitely the most unfunny type i ever seen.
only bit that I liked was the sword maker trying to kill Tanjirou every time he breaks his sword.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

GateOfD posted:

the comedy in Yabai is definitely the most unfunny type i ever seen.
only bit that I liked was the sword maker trying to kill Tanjirou every time he breaks his sword.

your are thinking of kimetsu no yaiba, they are talking about boku no kokoro no [b]yabai[/b ]yatsu

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

im not gonna watch yabai but i read a lot of the manga (its ok but not great) and it made me think a lot about how content is 'presented/framed'* and not for a good reason

*cant think of a better word right now

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
oh...
watching ep1 of it now

recently just saw it here, but I know it appeared in some older animes.
But its wild to me, that in some animes, the students just use a box cutter to sharpen their pencils.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Suletta!

Sunday!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Eldsluft posted:

No. Yotsuyu (the pink-haired girl) has quite a big harem in-game and Nodoka (the original protag) is only going to be an unnoticable member among them.

I’m rooting for her

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sora sunday

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Supremezero posted:

Suletta!

Sunday!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Suletta sunday delivered

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i know heavenly delusion has a thread now but i want to fire off one more post here saying that it's been very very good through 2 episodes. the production values are as good as it gets for tv anime and it does an excellent job balancing out the action/horror scenes with a mix of goofballs accidentally drinking puddle water and girls kissing.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Demon Slayer is here.
Spring has officially started

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh good Demon Slayer. Anyways, back to ignoring Demon Slayer for more interesting fare.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is the OP good?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Satella Saturday :colbert:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked the new Demon Slayer OP. Also the fun next time segments are back.

Suletta Sunday is hype though.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Magical Destroyers: This anime reminded me of Rumble Garanndoll, only it's with magical girls instead of giant robots. Both of them had the exact same premise it's insane. Let's see: Japan is invaded by otaku-hating forces, turning the country into a dsytopia. The resistances are otakus. It takes place in the ruins of Akihabara. The male MC is a glasses boy who is reluctant to be involved in the resistance. And the female MC is a red haired girl voiced by Ai Fairouz. The similarities also made me worried since Rumble Garanndoll ran out of budget sometimes during the 3rd arc because passion alone won't bring money to the table. Will this anime suffers the same fate or not? Only time will tell.

Yuri is my Job: Oh hey, I like Magical Revolution from the previous season. So I should like this one as well right? Right? Unfortunately, after watching the first episode, I ended up hating it.

So the main character got blackmailed into working in the cafe Liebe after she accidentally "injured" the cafe manager (I use quotation marks because it's loving obvious is just faking her injured hand. I mean she can loving move her bandaged arm. And no way a light crash like that would leave her in casts for days). The cafe is an RP cafe where everyone acts like refined ladies from prestigious school. The MC isn't told about any of that, she's just given the uniform, and that's it. So she ended up making a mistake just because she doesn't know the setting of the RP. This caused her love interest to despise her. Then the manager have Ms. Love Interest teach our main character. But since she hates the MC, she doesn't bother to teach her anything. I really despises blackmail and toxic work environment, so this first episode doesn't endear to me at all.

Liebe's employees are also unlikeable as a character. They're all act sweet when on the clock, they then display unlikeable character trait when off the clock. The main character acts sweet and innocent on the outside, when she's actually a gold digger. You may consider her a scum, but at least she isn't malicious and all the poo poo she went through while working have me sympathize with her. The manager is manipulative b-word and the love interest is a petty and overly hostile b-word. So there's few character you can root for when so few of them have redeeming qualities.

For the romance, I don't like the whole enemies-to-lovers dynamic. I really don't get why 2 people who's been at each other throat can become lovers. So, this anime isn't for me.

I can still say this though: gently caress Liebe! I hope it close down!

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 10, 2023

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's a drama and they're all hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i need you to know that saying 'b-word' is 100x weirder than just calling the anime characters bitches

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
These maids are all a bunch of b-b-b-bakas :livintrope:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

They're all terrible people, it's great!

Wish more shows would have the guts to make their characters unlikeable assholes.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

b-words ain't s-words but h-words and t-words

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
My Home Hero:is this your first murder? quote read my mind. If this is the average salaryman preparation to dealing with a corpse, they need to start using Japanese actors for boomer death-wish style movies instead of Liam Neeson.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yuri is My Job is a drama with the appearance of a fluffy SoL. Everyone in it is hosed up in some aspect and have a bit more dimension as a result. They're all a bit terrible because that's just a fast way to get into the drama of it all

Magical Destroyers definitely feels like a show that'll end up running through its budget early, but the Bugs Bunny stuff that Anarchy seems to be doing is definitely distinct and amusing

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

AnoHito posted:

They're all terrible people, it's great!

Wish more shows would have the guts to make their characters unlikeable assholes.

everyone’s fake bitch energy is why the show is good

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Is Yuri is my Job actually Yuri and is it her job?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

is demon slayer actually about a demon slayer? are you sure?

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

GateOfD posted:

Is Yuri is my Job actually Yuri and is it her job?
yes and yes.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

To be fair, the last show with Yuri in the title wasn't.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Magical Destroyers: This anime reminded me of Rumble Garanndoll, only it's with magical girls instead of giant robots. Both of them had the exact same premise it's insane. Let's see: Japan is invaded by otaku-hating forces, turning the country into a dsytopia. The resistances are otakus. It takes place in the ruins of Akihabara. The male MC is a glasses boy who is reluctant to be involved in the resistance. And the female MC is a red haired girl voiced by Ai Fairouz. The similarities also made me worried since Rumble Garanndoll ran out of budget sometimes during the 3rd arc because passion alone won't bring money to the table. Will this anime suffers the same fate or not? Only time will tell.

Yuri is my Job: Oh hey, I like Magical Revolution from the previous season. So I should like this one as well right? Right? Unfortunately, after watching the first episode, I ended up hating it.

So the main character got blackmailed into working in the cafe Liebe after she accidentally "injured" the cafe manager (I use quotation marks because it's loving obvious is just faking her injured hand. I mean she can loving move her bandaged arm. And no way a light crash like that would leave her in casts for days). The cafe is an RP cafe where everyone acts like refined ladies from prestigious school. The MC isn't told about any of that, she's just given the uniform, and that's it. So she ended up making a mistake just because she doesn't know the setting of the RP. This caused her love interest to despise her. Then the manager have Ms. Love Interest teach our main character. But since she hates the MC, she doesn't bother to teach her anything. I really despises blackmail and toxic work environment, so this first episode doesn't endear to me at all.

Liebe's employees are also unlikeable as a character. They're all act sweet when on the clock, they then display unlikeable character trait when off the clock. The main character acts sweet and innocent on the outside, when she's actually a gold digger. You may consider her a scum, but at least she isn't malicious and all the poo poo she went through while working have me sympathize with her. The manager is manipulative b-word and the love interest is a petty and overly hostile b-word. So there's few character you can root for when so few of them have redeeming qualities.

For the romance, I don't like the whole enemies-to-lovers dynamic. I really don't get why 2 people who's been at each other throat can become lovers. So, this anime isn't for me.

I can still say this though: gently caress Liebe! I hope it close down!

they can't actually keep her from leaving. the only thing keeping her from leaving is her inability to call out an obvious lie because it would break her persona. it's not like they're the literal yakuza and will break her arm if she leaves

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

The Colonel posted:

it's not like they're the literal yakuza and will break her arm if she leaves

well now I'm even less interested :colbert:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i think i liked Blend S, as far as maid persona animes go.

Akiba Maid Wars was a bit too crazy for me though

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
blend suck

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bland s was right there....

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Akiba is perfect

Adbot