Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Alctel posted:

Witcher one, never bothered to go back and see the emperor

edit: currently being the worlds worst wedding guest, this is great

lmao lose to the halflings!!!

Seriously if you already won (given you jsut redid the last third of the game) go back and do it again its worth it i promise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lmao lose to the halflings!!!

Seriously if you already won (given you jsut redid the last third of the game) go back and do it again its worth it i promise

and don't forget to give shani wine

i won't tell you how to play anymore, those are the important ones

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Watching Yanks get so upset and frustrated by this as an Australian was great.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Watching Yanks get so upset and frustrated by this as an Australian was great.

If you didn't know what "glass him" means, that's 100% on you for clicking it regardless :hai:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can anyone commend on supposed performance improvement from today's patch?
I stopped my playthrough of the game because the performance was way too bad compared to the old version.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

I stopped my playthrough of the game because the performance was way too bad compared to the old version.

I seem to be getting like 15-20% higher frame rates in CPU-limited scenarios like with all settings at maxed in Novigrad town square. I have a different GPU than I used when it first came out so I can't speak to any changes there.

It still requires a hefty CPU to get good performance in DX12, especially when using RT, but isn't quite as awful as before.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

15% sounds good. I was hovering around 50-55 fps in certain scenes and it was too annoying to play that way.

I should reinstall and see if it gives me a more solid 60 now.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jack Trades posted:

yep it's helpful

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP9mpCF7TNw

Another installment in Eli's Witcher series

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

El Jeffe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP9mpCF7TNw

Another installment in Eli's Witcher series

Shame he had to bleep out the swears because youtube.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I am tasked with hunting down an immortal killer so terrifying that the local dutchess gave me a plantation in exchange for desperately-sought help.

Oh, also, someone stole this statue's massive bronze penis.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Blood and Wine is good, yes.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Found the penis.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But what about the berries?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Found the penis.

welcome to the best overall DLC ever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Blood and Wine is amazing but I thought Heart of Stone was better.
The timeskip out of nowhere drags the experience down by itself.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Heart of Stone is a excellent DLC.

Blood and Wine is a full blown expansion pack in the finest classical tradition; effectively another complete game that simply re-uses the same assets and engine as the base game. A more mercenary development studio would simply have released it as "Witcher 4".

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jack Trades posted:

Blood and Wine is amazing but I thought Heart of Stone was better.
The timeskip out of nowhere drags the experience down by itself.

Three days is more than enough time to solve the issue but let's jump ahead in a cutscene transition!

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I liked the quest where you're stuck in office hell

For me HoS has better overall story, main quests and atmosphere. BoW is a lot of fun and has some great moments but by the end I felt like there was too much of it, if that makes sense

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
On the whole I like HoS, but I can't ignore the fact that half of it is spent at a digital wedding and the other half is doing a bad parody of Ocean's Eleven.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

On the whole I like HoS, but I can't ignore the fact that half of it is spent at a digital wedding and the other half is doing a bad parody of Ocean's Eleven.

Those are the best parts though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I find the heist mission to be really interesting because it's one of the times where Geralt does absolutely nothing wrong only for everything to go wrong around him.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

The wedding is good

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
There was a rumor going around that one of the new Witcher games("Sirius") was basically taking the Witcher manga that had Geralt fighting yokai as a ronin and adapting that into a stand-alone game with multiplayer and stuff like that. I think the rumor came from 4chan, but it seems pretty plausible and at least confirms some of my priors about them doing all this Japanese-themed stuff.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
That sounds pretty cool, I'd be down for a Witcher or Witcher-esque game that draws from Asian mythology vice European.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
It was called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Arc Hammer posted:

Three days is more than enough time to solve the issue but let's jump ahead in a cutscene transition!

I was wondering what the hell just happened. Huh.

They at least could have shown the passage of time in some way.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Thinking I might replay the witcher 3 and finally do BaW this time. Are there any important mods or fixes I need to do to the game?

Also bought that gwent standalone spin off game? Curious to see if thats any good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wrr posted:

Thinking I might replay the witcher 3 and finally do BaW this time. Are there any important mods or fixes I need to do to the game?

Also bought that gwent standalone spin off game? Curious to see if thats any good.

Make sure you choose Triss

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Wrr posted:

The developer incorporated most community bugfixes into the game proper. Right now there's a graphics memory leak, so you may have to turn graphical memory hogs like texture resolution down until that gets fixed and add sharpening & filtering to compensate.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

so many people don't seem to know what this means

what did you *think* it meant?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Make sure you choose Triss

No this has b&w impacts

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Alctel posted:

edit: currently being the worlds best wedding guest, this is great

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

finished the spotted wight quest in B&W again and when the music kicks in during the final conversation with BB, drat that is good.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

so many people don't seem to know what this means

what did you *think* it meant?

more or less this for a lot of people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urKJqdq4eX4

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

This is what I mean

I see people saying that the phrase "glass him" in this scene (or in alpha protocol, where I first heard people complain about it) wasn't descriptive enough and they didn't expect the result, just like "shove him"

So what did they think it meant?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It divides the people who have watched Trainspotting from the people who have not watched Trainspotting.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

It divides the people who have watched Trainspotting from the people who have not watched Trainspotting.
Good ole Begby. Not a gently caress given.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

This is what I mean

I see people saying that the phrase "glass him" in this scene (or in alpha protocol, where I first heard people complain about it) wasn't descriptive enough and they didn't expect the result, just like "shove him"

I think the guy in that video thought it meant "buy him a drink". I guess that makes some sense, since the guy was just talking about sometimes getting free drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

This is what I mean

Devastate their community with nuclear weapons?