Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://youtu.be/5CQqgUZnsEI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Repackage Cody as 90’s Cody. Give him a Limp Bizkit theme song.

Then upgrade Triple H to Cyberpunk Arasaka COO Triple H.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Orange Carlisle posted:

the only thing worse than fantasy booking is fantasy booking by ai

Hey that reminds me, we actually have a whole thread for this made by yours truly! It's a bit dusty and could probably use a hot new thread title but the laughs to be had late at night and very early in the morning are more real than ever!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899089&pagenumber=26#lastpost

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Can someone explain to me why Reigns is being pushed as hard as he is? I watched the WWE best of reigns matches last night and I don’t really get it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pillowpants posted:

Can someone explain to me why Reigns is being pushed as hard as he is? I watched the WWE best of reigns matches last night and I don’t really get it.

To try and make The Rock come back again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

History Comes Inside! posted:

To try and make The Rock come back again

note: this has now failed for 5 straight manias and will fail for a few more yet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We did get Egg though so it's a land of contrasts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cuts obviously coming, and they're in the middle of a hiring freeze until after

Fightful posted:

Several talent that Fightful have spoken with have claimed there’s a “hiring freeze,” and have speculated everything from Vince McMahon’s return to a potential sale being the reasons. Nobody that we have spoken to have explicitly been told there’s a hiring freeze, yet it’s a term that constantly emerged.

There was interest within WWE concerning Jay White, Brian Cage, Nick Aldis and the Authors of Pain, however sources that we spoke with indicated that AOP were already in talks with WWE in 2022, before Vince’s return Triple H was high on Nick Aldis, but he was one of the many left out in the cold when McMahon returned.

Multiple talent that were told because of the impending sale/deal, it was hard to make things happen. Some talent who signed in 2022 haven’t even been used yet. (For example, PWInsider reported around January that Eric Young has signed with WWE but he hasn't showed up yet.)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
gently caress WE WERE SO CLOSE TO LAUGHING AT WWE SIGNING NICK ALDIS

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HHH stopped himself from giving Cody the belt, and Vince stopped him from signing Nick Aldis

Chris James 2 posted:

Now HHH's last fans are going to turn on him. this really worked out great for everyone

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Nick Aldis was gonna be the one to dethrone Roman. It’ll take HHH another year to figure out an alternative plan

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pillowpants posted:

Reigns was literally earmarked for this from the moment he showed up to FCW 13 years ago. It never really mattered how he performed in the ring and on the mic because this was always the plan and always how things were going to go.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I fully believe that Vince would destroy the company in order to erase Bruno's run from the record books

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

what do you mean kill the company, stock is sky high and hes personally making like 7 billion off the sale. far as vince cares business is booming

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

wait Eric Young has been on the roster since January?

LOL, that's some WCW stuff

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
As a fellow Pensacola native I will not stand for this Roman slander. Most of us just end up in the news for feeding meth to a gator so ill forgive him being boring 70% of the time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Personally, I won’t feel safe until Nick Aldis is safely signed to WWE and away from any wrestling I might even accidentally watch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

that's cruel, Twitter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

reignofevil posted:

Hey that reminds me, we actually have a whole thread for this made by yours truly! It's a bit dusty and could probably use a hot new thread title but the laughs to be had late at night and very early in the morning are more real than ever!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899089&pagenumber=26#lastpost

I generalized the title for this thread btw.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

is pepsi ok posted:

Reigns was literally earmarked for this from the moment he showed up to FCW 13 years ago. It never really mattered how he performed in the ring and on the mic because this was always the plan and always how things were going to go.

And I guess the answer to why this is, is because he’s related to the Rock?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s mostly cause Dwayne went off to be a Hollywood actor and Vince resents him for it. So he found himself Wish Dwayne Johnson and hasn’t looked back.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

And I guess the answer to why this is, is because he’s related to the Rock?

He's also tall, handsome and built like a Greek Statue, which is everything WWE looks for in a star.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Lamuella posted:

that's cruel, Twitter

Given Elon replaced the bird with the Dogecoin Shiba Inu for a few days, he would absolutely do this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pillowpants posted:

is pepsi ok posted:

To add to this, WWE's money is tied to guaranteed media deals, not tickets or PPV buys, so they don't actually have to create stars. They can just use the inertia from the last time they were culturally relevant to make insane profits. They've also done an excellent job teaching what's left of their fanbase that the brand is the star, so they'll watch no matter who's on top.

What this all means is, there's never a situation where it's financially necessary for them to create a new star or push somebody who gets over rather than just do what they want to do - push Roman. They want to push Roman, and there's no financial pressure to do anything else because all the money is guaranteed for five years at a time, so, they just do what they want to do - which is push Roman.

Which has found us at this really funny situation where despite Roman not being a good wrestler, not being a good promo, not being a draw and just not really being particularly noteworthy or successful or even above average at anything except getting pushed, he still has insane amounts of power backstage and can basically do whatever he wants, including loving off for months at a time, and the show is still completely based around him even when he's not there. He knows that they just want to push him, and that gives him basically absolute leverage over them. I have no idea how WWE found themselves in a situation where the most mediocre top guy they've ever had has them by the balls because they just decided he was the top guy, but at least it's funny!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Greek Statue with a shameful back

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

drat, Lindsay has Performance Center knee

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

kalensc posted:

drat, Lindsay has Performance Center knee

Performance Center Bee?!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Roman and Charlotte both rule because they both know they're going to be pushed no matter what, so why show up for work? It would be a lot more embarrassing for them to pretend WWE is a meritocracy and they owe anything to it. John Cena is embarrassing for how much he has historically cared

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Performance Center Bee?!

:drat:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Roman and Charlotte both rule because they both know they're going to be pushed no matter what, so why show up for work? It would be a lot more embarrassing for them to pretend WWE is a meritocracy and they owe anything to it. John Cena is embarrassing for how much he has historically cared

I would say I feel bad for the fans to have to watch WWE's top men's and women's stars do bugger all for their overpushed status, but then I remembered that their fanbase is a combination of people who hatewatch the show for whatever reason, filthy (yet paradoxically, also highly sought after) casuals who don't pay enough attention to the show to know any better, and absolute Vincels who think he invented pro wrestling Sports Entertainment and can do no wrong

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Anyone still watching deserves exactly the show they get

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I would say I feel bad for the fans to have to watch WWE's top men's and women's stars do bugger all for their overpushed status, but then I remembered that their fanbase is a combination of people who hatewatch the show for whatever reason, filthy (yet paradoxically, also highly sought after) casuals who don't pay enough attention to the show to know any better, and absolute Vincels who think he invented pro wrestling Sports Entertainment and can do no wrong

Roman main event was perfect, thusly.

Hatewatchers: lol Cody
Casuals: Ooh, this is a long entrance, it must be Important
Vincels: Acknowledge Him

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

MJeff posted:

To add to this, WWE's money is tied to guaranteed media deals, not tickets or PPV buys, so they don't actually have to create stars. They can just use the inertia from the last time they were culturally relevant to make insane profits. They've also done an excellent job teaching what's left of their fanbase that the brand is the star, so they'll watch no matter who's on top.

What this all means is, there's never a situation where it's financially necessary for them to create a new star or push somebody who gets over rather than just do what they want to do - push Roman. They want to push Roman, and there's no financial pressure to do anything else because all the money is guaranteed for five years at a time, so, they just do what they want to do - which is push Roman.

Which has found us at this really funny situation where despite Roman not being a good wrestler, not being a good promo, not being a draw and just not really being particularly noteworthy or successful or even above average at anything except getting pushed, he still has insane amounts of power backstage and can basically do whatever he wants, including loving off for months at a time, and the show is still completely based around him even when he's not there. He knows that they just want to push him, and that gives him basically absolute leverage over them. I have no idea how WWE found themselves in a situation where the most mediocre top guy they've ever had has them by the balls because they just decided he was the top guy, but at least it's funny!

Good to know. I can’t remember exactly when but I stopped watching shortly after Cena won the title for the first time. I was never really a fan of the Orton Lesner Cena class.

I have been watching old ppvs in order with my oldest and it I remember how frustrated I was back then. Now is almost worse but the mid card is pretty decent.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

Roman main event was perfect, thusly.

Hatewatchers: lol Cody
Casuals: Ooh, this is a long entrance, it must be Important
Vincels: Acknowledge Him

What about it was a great match that left me disappointed because the storyline was designed to do so at this point in the narrative.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

Eat My Fuc posted:

What about it was a great match that left me disappointed because the storyline was designed to do so at this point in the narrative.

smart marks have been overtaken by cuck marks

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

miro voice: my wiiiife

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
the RAW tag for the WWE thread is making me unnecessarily angry everytime I see it, because it makes me think people are talkinga bout Raw for some reason

can a cool mod set it back to the yellow WWE one we had for like 19 years :>

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Eat My Fuc posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
nick aldis lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1644732761754804224?t=VQeeySiuqvGQ1rfUEk5tMQ&s=19

How many did Roman grant? 80? 200?