Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I think its pretty rare for pub players to understand the concept of fighting towards an objective. Their first instinct is retreat backwards. Pushing through a horde step by step, swing block push move up dodge sideways towards the objective push again etc can be very strong

I eventually won a hi intensity gauntlet mission yesterday but spent a very frustrating time on the final objective (water purification) because the team just kept clustering in a ball in a corner fighting but the enemies are endless!! they literally dont stop coming you gotta move.

I fought for like 5 minutes at the new objective , which i pinged multiple times to move towards then made my way over killing as i went, and my team never moved. I forget how we even eventually got there. I think maybe i died due to AI director and they actually moved to revive me and followed pings after that. We ended up having like multiple deaths and multi downs throughout the finale because they wasted so much time. Luckily i was zealot and we had another zealot and we both ended up clutching 1 alive scenarios at different points with any other team comp im pretty sure we wipe.

I use the mod that allows you to rebind pings to specific buttons and get a lot of use out of the "go there" ping. Some ppl are really loving dense. Or just get so tunneled on fighting. I dunno.

edit: i will say knowing to funnel back to a good choke is smart play so not all retreating is bad

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

new slug shotgun is very fun, especially on a zealot since it lets you cover for a subpar or absent vet in a pinch

knocking a crusher's dick in the dirt with a slug to the face also feels really good

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Aint played in a hot minute since new year, I noticed theres some new clubs/stubbers, which ones are the current meta for brogryn?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah I'll retreat for boss fights so we're less likely to aggro new stuff plus sometimes you are in a bad spot for environmental deaths or not a lot of manuvering room. Otherwise gotta push the objective bit by bit. I felt good yesterday doing basically a solo push to hit the final foundry start button in the midst of a horde to start the timer to extraction. Game is fun.

Please though fatshark fix this rng mess, bugs, crafting. It's not a fun grind for toys.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TwatHammer posted:

Aint played in a hot minute since new year, I noticed theres some new clubs/stubbers, which ones are the current meta for brogryn?

The Gorgonum is the best stubber, can reach out nicely with it. I think the best new club is the one with the thick wire wrapped on it but I forget the name as I never use it, I just like cleaving things with my big blade.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The best club is the Mk3 but it’s not as good at hordes as the cleaver and not at good at CC/single target DPS as the power maul so it usually gets pushed out by either. It’s absolutely capable of clearing haz5 though so if you like it you won’t be punishing yourself by taking it

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

MkIII club is indeed a sort of happy medium between the Cleaver and Maul. I've done good work with it on 5 so I'd give it a whirl if you're interested. It's similar to the halberd from V2 in that the push attack -> light attack is a double overhead the really claps stronger enemies. It also has a high damage modifier to unrelenting so it kills Bulwarks pretty quickly. However, it has very poor Mutant damage so you'll want something in your ranged slot to deal with that.

That brings us to the new heavier stubber, the Gorgonum IV. It deals significantly more damage than the old stubber, and with improved accuracy. Only real tradeoff is less ammo, but it seriously slaps. The ripper guns have also received a number of buffs and are also now worth consideration.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
The shotguns feel a LOT better with the special ammo, but the regular shells still feel like poo poo.

The slug feels great and the stagger is amazing.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I said this in discord but the fire shells on the kantrael have infinite cleave. That means bulwark shields, enemies and walls. A vet can use their wallhack ability then just shoot dudes through the wall. It's super busted.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

The gorgonum only has a little less ammo than the original heavy stubber and with its increased accuracy, charmed reload feeds you much more ammo than on the original. It really feels like they didn’t have to give it more damage, longer range, and greater accuracy, but I am grateful for it.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Managed to make a near ideal Hellbore mk3 yesterday and play with it for a while. 376 stat with +Flak and +Maniac I think, with Onslaught t4 (faster charge speed on chained attack) and Surgical t3 (just buffed! ADSing gives scaling crit chance, t3 maxes at 20%)

Some random thoughts on it:

-if the sight picture on the mk3 is the best, goddamn the other two must be horrible lol. Maybe it's my Apex experience but it's a pretty clean iron sight so feels fine to snipe with

-Onslaught 4 is absolutely necessary to the point it's ridiculous. Every shot is high commitment so the reduced charge time really helps take out multiple targets and keep Volley Fire going.

-speaking of high commitment per shot, holy poo poo it is actually infuriating having a teammate bodyblock your shot. Whether Ogryn or human sized, the amount of times I lost my Volley Fire to bodyblocks while I was taking a moment to orient or charging my shot was not small. Felt so much worse than the mk12 where you could move slightly and keep firing.

-whether it's pulling out the hellbore or reloading it, it just takes too drat long. One or the other needs to be reduced, especially when the mk12 does the Hellbore's job just fine with only a few exceptions.

-it absolutely destroys Ogryn faster than the mk12, and being able to reliably body shot shooter patrols is really nice. The mk3 also penetrates multiple targets, so you can take out a line of shooters if you want! That said it doesn't one tap gunners of either type to the chest so that docks some points, but I did find satisfaction using it.

-after the buffs Surgical is surprisingly usable and especially with the Hellbore lasguns. The time it takes to charge generally gets you 3 stacks, with the ability to wait for the last two stacks while holding the charge. Pleasantly surprised by that!

-mk3 does pretty gnarly damage to monsters as long as you can hit the weak point.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

Managed to make a near ideal Hellbore mk3 yesterday and play with it for a while. 376 stat with +Flak and +Maniac I think, with Onslaught t4 (faster charge speed on chained attack) and Surgical t3 (just buffed! ADSing gives scaling crit chance, t3 maxes at 20%)

-it absolutely destroys Ogryn faster than the mk12, and being able to reliably body shot shooter patrols is really nice. The mk3 also penetrates multiple targets, so you can take out a line of shooters if you want! That said it doesn't one tap gunners of either type to the chest so that docks some points, but I did find satisfaction using it.

Piddling damage to carapace is the main weakness of the Mk. 12 lasgun (all non-hellbore lasguns, really). I always sigh when a vet plinks at a crusher with that thing. Get your melee out and do some real work or stagger with grenades, anything is going to be more effective than left clicking away with your las.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

Piddling damage to carapace is the main weakness of the Mk. 12 lasgun (all non-hellbore lasguns, really). I always sigh when a vet plinks at a crusher with that thing. Get your melee out and do some real work or stagger with grenades, anything is going to be more effective than left clicking away with your las.

I agree, and the Hellbore also doesn't fare much better (iirc only 6% damage to Carapace with an 80% penetration roll)

I didn't include Crushers in that thought in my brain, I meant Reapers/Bulwarks. I haven't tested it yet but I want to roll +Carapace on it and see how it holds up with the Ogryn volley fire feat in the Psykanium. Probably still not worth it but if it can do meaningful damage it can be a way to soften Crushers up at range which would be nice.

Only semi related but anecdotally there's been a LOT more crushers spawning. Just groups of 4+ crushers on Damnation and it's legit kind of spooky.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Evil Kit posted:

Only semi related but anecdotally there's been a LOT more crushers spawning. Just groups of 4+ crushers on Damnation and it's legit kind of spooky.

i think there is a new patrol group, I've noticed on maps just weird groups of 1 crusher + 4 dreg melee guys. I wonder if they created this new group and upped their spawn rate after nerfing flamer performance vs carapace to increase difficulty?

like again also anecdotally but on smelter right before the end where you go down the stairs in that room with machinery that can have a DH there was just 3 separate groups of 1 crusher + 4 melee guys. Prepatch crushers always kinda spawned as an individual unit?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Jerkface posted:

i think there is a new patrol group, I've noticed on maps just weird groups of 1 crusher + 4 dreg melee guys. I wonder if they created this new group and upped their spawn rate after nerfing flamer performance vs carapace to increase difficulty?

like again also anecdotally but on smelter right before the end where you go down the stairs in that room with machinery that can have a DH there was just 3 separate groups of 1 crusher + 4 melee guys. Prepatch crushers always kinda spawned as an individual unit?

They've def felt more prevalent but I'm specifically talk about just a gang of crushers hanging around as a group, or close enough as part of multiple patrols they can stack up. I may not have noticed the individual ones as part of a patrol myself though, def more Ogryns overall.

At the very least it seems easier to get that Ogryn penance now at least, lol.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Yeah the crusher clown cars are real.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Evil Kit posted:

They've def felt more prevalent but I'm specifically talk about just a gang of crushers hanging around as a group, or close enough as part of multiple patrols they can stack up. I may not have noticed the individual ones as part of a patrol myself though, def more Ogryns overall.

At the very least it seems easier to get that Ogryn penance now at least, lol.

ya you can get them as a big group too but i think the individual component of the big group is this new unit grouping. In that smelter area there were 3 of these groups within the same space but 3 individual spawns, so if a horde cry came they'd join up and rush. i actually should play ogryn on 5s now so i can get that drat penance I've noticed like 7+ ogryns on screen at times

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

-after the buffs Surgical is surprisingly usable and especially with the Hellbore lasguns. The time it takes to charge generally gets you 3 stacks, with the ability to wait for the last two stacks while holding the charge. Pleasantly surprised by that!

fyi, Surgical is annoyingly bugged on Helbores. The stacks reset the moment you left-click to start charging a shot. So quick/short charge time shots won't see any crit bonus.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

.Z. posted:

fyi, Surgical is annoyingly bugged on Helbores. The stacks reset the moment you left-click to start charging a shot. So quick/short charge time shots won't see any crit bonus.

From what patch is this info from? What I could see watching the buff icons it scales up when you start charging, and soon as it fires it dumps the stacks because that's how the blessing works now?

I guess you mean if you're just ADSing and you lose the 5 stacks when you start the charge but they come back so fast while charging it doesn't really matter. Seems more like unforseen technically intended behavior in that case rather than a bug. If they fix it, nice.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Evil Kit posted:

From what patch is this info from? What I could see watching the buff icons it scales up when you start charging, and soon as it fires it dumps the stacks because that's how the blessing works now?

I guess you mean if you're just ADSing and you lose the 5 stacks when you start the charge but they come back so fast while charging it doesn't really matter. Seems more like unforseen technically intended behavior in that case rather than a bug. If they fix it, nice.

There is nothing wrong with it gaining stacks. It's that it discharges all it's stacks built up from the start of ADSing when you left-click to start charging. Just check teh stacsSo quick, short charged shots never get the benefit of surgical. And even it's a small bit of time, you still have to charge shots longer to see the benefit of surgical on a gun that's already clunky feeling with the time it takes to do things.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Evil Kit posted:

I agree, and the Hellbore also doesn't fare much better (iirc only 6% damage to Carapace with an 80% penetration roll)
The 6% is only for uncharged shots; testing on my MkIII with a 70% stopping power roll, a full power shot is roughly 91% of the listed damage on a carapace hit. Without any blessings or talents (it's a white rarity weapon right now) it takes 5 full-charge headshots to kill a damnation crusher.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Goddamn low intensity haz5's feel kinda broken, me and my friend did the same mission 3 times back to back and i was on my lv29 priest with ~330ish weapons. I got a heavy sword with that blessing that gives you 50% more damage if you hit 3 enemies and goddamn it was doing work on haz5 esp with the double charge feat allowing me bypass armor more effectively.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

low intensity damnation is in a very nice sweet spot where it’s the same difficulty as a heresy match but with twice the rewards

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I picked this up after a 2 month hiatus and rolled an Ogryn (having leveled a Vet & Zealot to 30 previously).

I started running Haz 2 and goddamn the pubbies were miserable with lots of wiping. I figured I'd jump to Haz 3 even though I'm low, like level 6 at the time. Lo and behold, it's easier because the pubbies (also lowbies) are just better at that difficulty level.

I managed to unlock 2 of the Skullbreaker penances quickly, now I need to watch out for a juicy opportunity for the bowling penance.

I really wish they'd stop siloing off inventory so I could stop logging in to my other characters between runs to check the shops.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I always forget about the weekly event on VT2 but I played last night and it was the Tzeench duplicates challenge. And then the lobby host added a deed to increase the amount of Elites.

We were hitting over 1000 kills per run. I main as Kruber and got over 500 headshots it was nuts.

Best part was on Empire in Flames where we got jumped by double rat ogres and then had to deal with dozens of warriors and maulers.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Anti-Hero posted:

I picked this up after a 2 month hiatus and rolled an Ogryn (having leveled a Vet & Zealot to 30 previously).

I started running Haz 2 and goddamn the pubbies were miserable with lots of wiping. I figured I'd jump to Haz 3 even though I'm low, like level 6 at the time. Lo and behold, it's easier because the pubbies (also lowbies) are just better at that difficulty level.

I managed to unlock 2 of the Skullbreaker penances quickly, now I need to watch out for a juicy opportunity for the bowling penance.

I really wish they'd stop siloing off inventory so I could stop logging in to my other characters between runs to check the shops.

While I'm not a mod enthusiast, I do recc picking up the Armoury extension so you don't need to waste immense amounts of time logging in as each character to check their shops. Pro-tip though, all you really should be checking is Melks for blessings to rip, the Armoury is only good for fishing for curios and when you're leveling a class to get upgrades.

As for the bowling penance, do the cryo rod Repair mission, at the end on the evac run ask the team to not shoot and just push the horde that drops down to the left of the bridge (facing away from the evac ship) till stuff stops spawning. Back up slowly while doing this, once you're about hallway down the bridge the horde should have congregated in a giant pile.

Push your ult button, watch as the server struggles to process the amount of groaners and poxwalkers prat falling. Enjoy your penance!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Arc Hammer posted:

I always forget about the weekly event on VT2 but I played last night and it was the Tzeench duplicates challenge. And then the lobby host added a deed to increase the amount of Elites.

We were hitting over 1000 kills per run. I main as Kruber and got over 500 headshots it was nuts.

Best part was on Empire in Flames where we got jumped by double rat ogres and then had to deal with dozens of warriors and maulers.

Executioner sword? Heavy headshot stormvermin > heavy headshot stormvermin > heavy headshot stormvermin is a simple tune that's always music to my ears

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I put my "anecdotally drat there's a lot more enemy Ogryn around" money with my mouth is and whaddya ya know, got my 6 Ogryn bowling penance! :toot:

Now to just find what the last mission type on Heresy I need to complete and I'm got me a new helmet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SuperKlaus posted:

Executioner sword? Heavy headshot stormvermin > heavy headshot stormvermin > heavy headshot stormvermin is a simple tune that's always music to my ears

Getting the timing down for the Executioner Sword is so satisfying. I also did a run with a greatsword and I was swinging it faster than the elf with daggers it was absurd.

I also spec'd out my Witch Hunter Captain to absolutely brutalize monsters. Stack headshot damage with talents, tag the monster for extra damage and then hit your ult for guaranteed crits and watch as the rapier becomes a lightsaber.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

how about germantide and you guessed it it's ww2

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Evil Kit posted:

I put my "anecdotally drat there's a lot more enemy Ogryn around" money with my mouth is and whaddya ya know, got my 6 Ogryn bowling penance! :toot:

Now to just find what the last mission type on Heresy I need to complete and I'm got me a new helmet.

Every time i'm not playing my ogryn i see those goddamn crusher/bulwark/big shoota balls, been running the feat that lets me run further and through anything just encase i find one. Has anyone gotten the penance where you charge that long distance? I don't see how i'd be able to do it unless i got thrown or had a barrel blow up launching me.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arghy posted:

Every time i'm not playing my ogryn i see those goddamn crusher/bulwark/big shoota balls, been running the feat that lets me run further and through anything just encase i find one. Has anyone gotten the penance where you charge that long distance? I don't see how i'd be able to do it unless i got thrown or had a barrel blow up launching me.

that one's pretty simple, you just need a long enough area, the +cooldown to ult on elite kill in coherency feat, and a group of shotgunners, ragers, or gunners to kill with your team.

You hang back about 24m while the rest of your team pushes up, once they engage you charge towards your team to help them kill the elites, get your ult back, charge forward ahead of the group. Bonus points if a Psyker came along with the +ult cd feat on elite kills in coherency feat and you get the elite kills yourself to get your ult back even faster.

Gl!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Branching out to a new class, just unlocked Bolter, feeling like even when I ADS and fire precisely once the shot doesn't necessarily go where my cursor is pointed - will this get better when my weapon Stability stat pool improves or is Stability only for helping bursts of fire

or am I just imagining this?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Evil Kit posted:

While I'm not a mod enthusiast, I do recc picking up the Armoury extension so you don't need to waste immense amounts of time logging in as each character to check their shops. Pro-tip though, all you really should be checking is Melks for blessings to rip, the Armoury is only good for fishing for curios and when you're leveling a class to get upgrades.

As for the bowling penance, do the cryo rod Repair mission, at the end on the evac run ask the team to not shoot and just push the horde that drops down to the left of the bridge (facing away from the evac ship) till stuff stops spawning. Back up slowly while doing this, once you're about hallway down the bridge the horde should have congregated in a giant pile.

Push your ult button, watch as the server struggles to process the amount of groaners and poxwalkers prat falling. Enjoy your penance!

Thanks for this! Haven't had a chance to try this approach but I'll keep it in my back pocket.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

SuperKlaus posted:

Branching out to a new class, just unlocked Bolter, feeling like even when I ADS and fire precisely once the shot doesn't necessarily go where my cursor is pointed - will this get better when my weapon Stability stat pool improves or is Stability only for helping bursts of fire

or am I just imagining this?

the first shot should land precisely where you aim

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

haldolium posted:

the first shot should land precisely where you aim

And its precisely where the little front iron is, the only exception being if you are being suppressed then it seems to make you shoot like an idiot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
little feels worse in the game then trying to quickly kill something with the boltor and getting pinged by a random gunner on the side and having your gun sway around the entire screen.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

That's why I don't run bolter on my zealot at all. Just feels way worse than the vet.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
If you are suppressed at all its gonna go wild yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I think the trouble is I didn't realize my guy waves the bolter around like he's cool to drive man he's cool and weapon sway makes me miss. That gets better with core stats at least.