Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

my pal did her art history final using the latest on cinema special and its beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxJOQWO6SeY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

my pal did her art history final using the latest on cinema special and its beautiful

Fuckin incredible. A+

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That slayed, she rules

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Wow!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Holy moly what a special. Finally got to watch it since I couldn't when it aired.

Everytime they one up themselves

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Playing around with Midjourney.

Gregg Turkington eating popcorn:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Well now I know Tim Roth should play Gregg in the On Cinema movie

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Tim let the crowd sing Empty Bottle at him tonight, I really thought I knew all those lyrics. He's the loving best.

I'm lucky there was no On Cinema merch for sale or I'd be bankrupt.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I will never see any version of him or Gregg or On Cinema live and that makes me a bit sad.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Anyone else going to the show in Oslo tomorrow?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/RT1f9vC.mp4

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
rewatching oscar special 2 and its so wild hearing tim go on and on about putin and ukraine

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

When you go to the school of hard knocks, you better get a bachelor’s degree.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
The show went beyond my expectations. The audience participation on Hot Piss was religious in nature.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Tim's coming here on a tour and i'm beyond hyped. last time i saw him live was during the Awesome Show Great Job era and they were doing their Papa Johns' bit - pizza got thrown around, the venue owner was pissed and rumor has it they're still finding random pepperoni slices in corners of the venue to this day

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
rewating season 5 now and so much stuff i forgot about, but one major one, in episode 4 tim mentions a 15 year old son from another marriage, which, afaik, was never brought up again. 15 years old in 2014, so, almost 25 today if he still exists (and tim hasn't caused his death somehow)

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah he mentions his wife and kid a couple times in S1 before and during the time Ayaka is on the show. I was thinking about them because of the reunion during the most recent oscar special, I hope his first family is happy and healthy away from Tim.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His first family were also weirdo fundamentalists of some kind. Remember Tim has some kind of treatable illness that would require surgery but they left him for getting surgery because it was against their religion.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

John Wick of Dogs posted:

His first family were also weirdo fundamentalists of some kind. Remember Tim has some kind of treatable illness that would require surgery but they left him for getting surgery because it was against their religion.

I think the person he's married to when the show begins is his second (at least) wife, and the son we never see is from an even earlier marriage.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's right

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the pinocchio tribute segment was Eraserhead levels of creepy

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think the person he's married to when the show begins is his second (at least) wife, and the son we never see is from an even earlier marriage.

correct. his second wife was the one that actively pushed tim away from treating his easily treatable brain tumor and immediately divorced him after he didnt die. incredible plot bit

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

That DICK! posted:

correct. his second wife was the one that actively pushed tim away from treating his easily treatable brain tumor and immediately divorced him after he didnt die. incredible plot bit

ITZ NAHT A TUMOR

blood clots

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

derp posted:

ITZ NAHT A TUMOR

blood clots

I’ve just been going through all my stuff in storage
there’s just so much stuff… so much stuff
*stares haunted into the distance*

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

That DICK! posted:

bit late but this is great

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/OnCinemaOnAnger/status/1647691355773186049?t=MVg8IPWeMTcC8aVlZtOptA&s=19

He has his finger in many industries

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1650939288102510624?s=20

it's frighteningly spot on

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Blaming the state of Texas for allowing his wife to leave him is a very Tim line of logic

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

This is tremendous content

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
He should hire La Rue to get some dirt on the ol' ball and chain.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Wikipedia posted:

On September 19, 1995, Redenbacher died in the Jacuzzi of his condominium in Coronado, California. He suffered a heart attack and drowned. He was cremated and his ashes scattered at sea.

On the September 23, 1995, edition of Siskel & Ebert, Roger Ebert eulogized Redenbacher by calling him "a man who took popcorn seriously, as seriously as we take the movies." His co-host, Gene Siskel, added that "he actually was more than just a cute, cuddly advertising figure. He actually was a scientist who came up with a new strain of popcorn that really kept that whole industry alive [...] that's a real contribution."

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
"Cleanse the palate and we'll move on to our next flavour..."

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owob2i-r6ow

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
rewatching lucky season 7 and the reveal that the VFA is a tiny storage unit, and gregg 'sorting and cataloguing' is literally sitting in the dark in a tiny storage unit watching tapes, i forgot how hilarious that was

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

derp posted:

rewatching lucky season 7 and the reveal that the VFA is a tiny storage unit, and gregg 'sorting and cataloguing' is literally sitting in the dark in a tiny storage unit watching tapes, i forgot how hilarious that was

I was actually just thinking back on season 7 and how I need to watch it again. Lucky season 7, Decker Port of Call Hawaii, and the third Oscar special are probably my favorite pieces of OC content.

https://youtu.be/83etthnOEUk

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

derp posted:

The disheveled, unshaven Gregg jumpscares are the best.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I’ve been doing a full rewatch since I have a six week old at home and not much to do when he’s asleep. I notice so much on the rewatch, including little jokes and arcs I’d forgotten. Absolutely one of the all time greatest comedy projects.

It occurs to me that part of OCATC’s success is its timing. Tim is doing an incredibly detailed and nuanced satire of a specific type of right-wing nut job: cruel and greedy and arrogant, yes, but also breathtakingly shameless and tasteless. Tim’s utter lack of taste and his complete absence of shame are, if anything, much more salient character traits than his overall callousness and sudden, volcanic bouts of anger.

This type of guy really rose to national prominence in 2015 not just with Trump himself but also with the archetypal trump supporter, the wealthy non-college-white car dealership owner type. It’s all there, right down to the skepticism of modern medicine and the obsession with 80s-00s pop culture icons. The satire came along just before its objects rose to national prominence. That’s one reason I really love Terri Parks as Toni; besides Tim himself, she’s the best on the show at that specific kind of satire.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's really a shame that the kind of people who are most directly skewered by OC are the ones 0% likely to ever watch it. Or to ever recognize themselves if they did

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Data Graham posted:

It's really a shame that the kind of people who are most directly skewered by OC are the ones 0% likely to ever watch it. Or to ever recognize themselves if they did

yup, if they did watch it they'd probably completely miss the fact that it's skewering them and they'd just like and agree with Tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Question for my rewatch: is the Gregg stream of the 8th Oscar Special essential? I watched it up until Tim called him but I’m not sure if it adds much once they’re in the same place. If it doesn’t I’d rather save the two hours.