Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

RoyalScion posted:

somebody already put up a 71 turn clear using shi ish, w corp don, n faust, r heathcliff, and kurokumo ryoshu only

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=lobotomycorporation&no=1171673

that's kurokumo hong lu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Sweet lord, W Corp Don and Grippy Faust are great for this. Just blitzed through Icthys and I think I've shaved about 14-17 turns off my total. Thank goodness we can bring a Support along!

now i just gotta resist the urge to use the 3 000 guaranteed ticket before Hell's Chicken drops

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It remains to be seen whether the 000 ticket pool will even include event characters.
But I'm also saving mine just in case.

jumpwjoy
Jan 23, 2022
Hey guys! I mostly lurk here but thought I'd share this video series of someone beating RR under 120 turns with base sinners and a support W Don - you may recognize this person from their infamous emotion coin video and other meme builds in LOR :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU6__35E2wk

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
165. Shi Ishmael really was key, as was rotating through two teams (Liu team of Meursault, Hong Lu and Gregor, and a Bleed team of Kurokumo Ryoshu, N Corp Heathcliff and Rodion). The guest stars were Blade Lineage Yi Sang, LobCorp Faust, and WARP Don.

I'm sure I could improve (swap in G Corp Outis so her passive in the backline makes clashes a little easier), but for now I'm happy just having finished.

It was Burn Team + WARP Don + Shi Ishmael on My Form Empies, and Hong Lu did bite it after nobody had Lust for the skill check, but it really wasn't as intimidating as the music made it feel.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, from what I've seen Shi Ishmael rocks and R Ishmael sucks balls in comparison. Her only good points are giving extra Blunt damage through support and bwing a good Gloom generator, but damage wise she'll do poo poo because Mind Whip takes forever to charge. If they give her an Ego that gives Charge it might change.

Also I made the error of bringing Blade Yi Sang because "hey, he has wrath Slash skills and AOE Wrath Slash, those are good!" except I barely generated Wrath and his damage sucks even with passive changes giving him more poise.

As said N Corp Rodion at least has decent clashing and her S3 just murders Inquisitors and K Corp members so she does have some value.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's really funny, Shi Ishmael is normally terrible and finicky but as it turns out in content where damage is the priority AND you can keep her at a low health threshold she just turns into KK Hong Lu 2 which as it turns out is a really good thing to be. The real winner of Railway is still R Heath though, resetting a fight until you get his purple skill and 6 speed or it on the top slot with enough juice for bodysack just makes life SO much easier. Rapid Suppression is absolutely MVP. I'm sure W Don would be even better than she is if I had Telepole, but I don't, so she's merely "pretty loving good". My first run ended at 149 but I started a second and I've already cut a huge amount of time in the early stages so I feel pretty confident about getting my banner this run. As soon as I make it past the goddamn snake arms rear end in a top hat fight.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh, and while 15t Inquisitor+Dogs might be fine, I quit mostly cause poison dropped everyone's HP low. Haven't really found a way against that.

EDIT: Like, I seriously can't understand, the game seems like it wants you to break both his arms so he starts doing self-damage, but doing so gives you like 15 stacks of posion that will kill you through staggers alone. What the hell where the devs thinking about the HP totals on that fight. Also the game says the inquisitor is neutral to Lust but it sure does not feel that way, which sucks because all the best pierce skills save for R Heath and Telepole are Lust.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 9, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Behold the greatest Ligma Company player alive, for he has finished in 69 turns.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ugh... 14 turns but the poison ravaged my units. Heathcliff and Faust absolutely need to rest next battle and maybe Hong Lu. On the bright side I still can take an average of 13 turns per battle so I could afford to rest those two but I'm afraid of what Dog+Fish can do to me if I don't go unga bunga.

On the bright side Don is still ready because it turns out, having a self-healing EGO is really good, specially when everyone else fuels it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Only HP that matters is the last one. Tough it out, have Faust smack some people with a fish, and keep DPSing forever. :black101:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The nice thing about finishing is that the observation levels seem to have been fixed so you're guaranteed to do more damage in some fights on later playthroughs.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TeeQueue posted:

Only HP that matters is the last one. Tough it out, have Faust smack some people with a fish, and keep DPSing forever. :black101:

Look, if my Sinner's HP isn't high how can I let them be beaten up for more DPS!?

Good point on Faust, I guess Ishmael can get off the bench and do her best feature (feed Gloom)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
What Ishmael does best is spam her ludicrous 4 coin Shi identity attack. Doing my banner run currently, and everything's got decent sub 10 turn times thus far except K Corp (11 turns) and Snakeman (13 turns).

Got to say, I'm not a super big fan of this 'difficulty by speedrunning' thing they seem to be going for, because what it seems to boil down to is restarting until you get good enough starting skills that you can do some silly gank turn one (what I mean is, reroll until you get Quick Supression and some multi-die, high damage follow-up), and in case you have TeleDon, spamming that because lol Rip Space.

It's mostly just tedious, and often your score is determined by 'do I really want to restart this whole stage because I rolled tails on a coin, leaving the last enemy staggered and on 3 HP?'

Theantero fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 9, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Final clear was... 106 turns. I think I might have done the turn calcs wrong :v: And also hosed up a bit on the last stage not realizing My Form Empties does not get the random karma on clash lose, but it's OK cause it got staggered anyways.

Overall whoo boy I stressed too much and thank god I'm on vacation rn. Not sure what I'll do on the rest... love the rewards for just clearing though.

Also... while it's probably for the better in terms of the fanbase's mental health, I do feel the sanity change does make things a bit too easy on the clash side and screws over units like Yi Sang (who's now garbage on all identities since his gimmick is high base values and low coins) and Seven Outis (Clash queen as she might be, when everybody hits heads all she has left is bad damage and a meh debuff).

On the other hand, all other content save for MD (which the easier the better) and RR usually has you start at low sanity which negates the buff and Hong Lu not missing 50% of his Mutilates is good so honestly, if they tweak it it's fine if it's just a sliiight nerf.

also i realized Mersault probably has the worst 000s in the game huh, N Corp only really has survival and bind going for him and even after passive changes W Corp is a meme

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Seven Outis (Clash queen as she might be, when everybody hits heads all she has left is bad damage and a meh debuff).
She also has looks and style, which are the real endgame.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

also i realized Mersault probably has the worst 000s in the game huh, N Corp only really has survival and bind going for him and even after passive changes W Corp is a meme

He's great in regular dungeons. Going through chapters 3's dungeon with Pursuance really takes off some of the pressure.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

LostRook posted:

He's great in regular dungeons. Going through chapters 3's dungeon with Pursuance really takes off some of the pressure.

that's Pursuance, not Mersault. TBF that does give N Corp Mer some poo poo, namely half the ego resources by himself

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
When doing my banner run, the only restarts I had to do were frog (I learned to block the 2 coin attack after it killed heathcliff), wolf 1 (entirely too many heads the first two runs due to the sanity thing, people were getting murdered), and that’s actually it. I did restart to get the first turn Aida kill in My Form Empties, but that was just because I thought it was funny, the extra turns wouldn’t have cost me the banner.

You don’t have to restart for anything but outright getting your face pushed in if you’re just aiming for the banner, it’s trying to minimize turns and go below 90 or 100 that really takes the rng fishing restarts.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the real challenge run

https://twitter.com/Lunartique07/status/1645089634068860930

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, of the two late-pass extra announcer voices, do people like Gregor or Charon more

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Junpei posted:

Idly, of the two late-pass extra announcer voices, do people like Gregor or Charon more

You have 100 seconds to make your choice or I'm leaving you behind

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
gregor's my guy so obviously i use him

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Hopefully we get a Kromer announcer.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

i don't play with the voices turned on

(except for the April 1st episode)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Side note, I have been doing some casual research on the Chinese dragons that Xiao's attacks and passives are named after (Pu Lao, Ya Zi, Bi An, etc.), because there is some connections between what they do and the dragons in question (for instance, Pu Lao is mentioned as being loud and screaming, hence it's art depict Xiao yelling, Ya Zi is mentioned as being warlike and aggressive, hence the Strength and Endurance buffs it grants, Bi An is a guard that's depicted on prison gates, hence it being a defensive card, etc.). Are you going to do a light mythology guide/reference when Xiao's fought in EGO form, or should I work on a follow-up post for when that update comes, TQ?

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

good enough im going home

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

BTW, they walked back on showing the turn count right? Or will it be once the event ends.

And is Kurokumo Rodion worth enough to uptie? Wondering if to go for her or Seven Yi Sang to finosh my ID upthreads to focus on EGOs next like Fluid Sac or Ebony Stem.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

BTW, they walked back on showing the turn count right? Or will it be once the event ends.

And is Kurokumo Rodion worth enough to uptie? Wondering if to go for her or Seven Yi Sang to finosh my ID upthreads to focus on EGOs next like Fluid Sac or Ebony Stem.

She's the 'worst' Kurokumo unit, but the sanity fixes and making her passive not require two Gloom actions on the same turn she has 5+ Poise and actually uses her counter to do anything make her "get Poise, make a single huge hit" playstyle actually do something. Not that she was bad before, but she isn't as held back by being so single-coin focused as before.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

The turn count gets added to the banner once the line closes, yeah.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Remind me again what the deadline for the best banner is? I still have like a week to get it if I want, right?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Solitair posted:

Remind me again what the deadline for the best banner is? I still have like a week to get it if I want, right?

I think the in-game description says you have until 5 PM (PST) on April 19th, but I'd make sure to have it done before the 18th, just in case. So there's no rush if you don't have it done already, until next weekend.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I am somewhat confused as to whether the "best" banner is only updated until the cutoff or if the number continues to update after the cutoff so long as you got the 120 before then.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Phew, finished banner at 113. Tough fights, though part of the issue is I have a hard time figuring out all the mechanics and weaknesses.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

LostRook posted:

I am somewhat confused as to whether the "best" banner is only updated until the cutoff or if the number continues to update after the cutoff so long as you got the 120 before then.

as far as I'm aware, once the event ends the banners will be affixed with whatever your best run is.

my own blind run ended at 138 turns, which I'm happy with - better awareness of what's coming (and the damage boost if observation has been fixed like people said) should easily get that down below the target.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Even though my run was 169 turns, I'm not sure I want to expend the brainpower figuring out a way to trim it down and get the good banners. Maybe I'll look up a video playthrough and see how much of it I can replicate.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

Side note, I have been doing some casual research on the Chinese dragons that Xiao's attacks and passives are named after (Pu Lao, Ya Zi, Bi An, etc.), because there is some connections between what they do and the dragons in question (for instance, Pu Lao is mentioned as being loud and screaming, hence it's art depict Xiao yelling, Ya Zi is mentioned as being warlike and aggressive, hence the Strength and Endurance buffs it grants, Bi An is a guard that's depicted on prison gates, hence it being a defensive card, etc.). Are you going to do a light mythology guide/reference when Xiao's fought in EGO form, or should I work on a follow-up post for when that update comes, TQ?

I find the mythology behind things fascinating whenever it gets brought up, but with one exception I have never bothered to learn any of it myself going in.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

managed to blunder through, and get 116 on my third attempt
(many, many fight resets were involved)

don't have much advice to offer, except:
-have someone who can dodge (Warp Don's good) for the cranebot. Can't clash the first crane, but can dodge and it saves a few rounds
-FauxBuddha has a very high defense at first. Rupture doesn't care. Any source will do, but Director 7 Rodion with Ebony Stem's passive can break the Murti

so, uh. good luck, and hope when we see K-Corp's finest again they aren't such beefwalls

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TeeQueue posted:

I find the mythology behind things fascinating whenever it gets brought up, but with one exception I have never bothered to learn any of it myself going in.

Alright, good to know. I'll have something prepared when that time comes, hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Phew, got my sub 120. Kind of a slog. I hope they come up with something more interesting than giving every enemy ten limbillion HP and defense for railway 2 or other hard content.