Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They're all going to say congratulations Rarity we're happy for you and then agree that now SANADA is champ there's no need for him to ever defend the belt and he's the best forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
"Uh-huh, it's a great promotion, Kent. We never gave up hope… I wanna thank Gedo, and say hi to my special lady Marge. We did it, baby! Whoo! Whooooooo!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Zack's challenged Filthy Tom to come for his belt at the DC show! :getin:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wish I knew Sakura Genesis was live only or there’s something up with the replay, because I can’t get the show at all in English on NJPW World (because Japan) and they only have the backstage and main event. Weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

harperdc posted:

Wish I knew Sakura Genesis was live only or there’s something up with the replay, because I can’t get the show at all in English on NJPW World (because Japan) and they only have the backstage and main event. Weird.

When I watched it live on World, it said,"Only available outside of Japan" so I assume you wouldn't have been able to watch it live either, and I guess there's a window with TV Asahi before they're allowed to put up the VOD?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1645237662863720448

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
That’ll be a good match

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1645246469799309318?t=U7MSK2rM_PwK3gfFd8tWlw&s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn!

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

So, Ospreay beats Omega at Dominion and they have the rubber match at Forbidden Door? :pray:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dominion is the finals of the mini-bracket, not an Omega defense. But based on the design of that graphic it sure seems like whoever wins at Dominion will get their shot at Omega at Forbidden Door

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Oh yeah I'm dumb.

Also very surprised at how soon Ospreay is coming back, hopefully it's not an Ibushi type situation

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dope! Bought tickets to the Long Beach show already.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

rubber match at All In? :pray:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There any uploads of Sanada's new theme anywhere?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I was just wondering about what was going to be at the Philadelphia show as I'm going. OC vs Gabriel Kidd and Juice vs Archer, things are happening.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Clark Connors staying for at least another year

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Well, giving the belt to Sanada is... Mhnf. I have thoughts.

1)Lotta Sanada fans who have struggled for years in these threads, so congrats to you all.
2)I'm pretty sure Sanada isn't in my top 10 of guys in this company I want to see with the big championship, and I legitimately can't think of an opponent he's had that I liked seeing him against other than Okada and Zack.
3)On the other hand, a Sanada reign all but guarantees an eventual Zack/Sanada match that will likely exceed everything else they've done, somehow, and that hypes me more than any championship program since Shingo had the belt
4)Maybe this (and a not only having two awful finishers) is what Sanada needs to be cool, and he seems like a cool guy with silly dogs, so gently caress it, maybe he turns things around.
5)Somewhat annoyed Taichi got a faction and then some nerd joins his faction late and immediately wins the title.
6)lol Goto.

baka of lathspell
Jan 1, 2022

kk was lighting goto up as structure to the whole story. nearly inhumane

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The G in G1 stands for Good job SANADA didn't gently caress it up

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
SANADA also has interesting possible matchups with Shingo, Naito, and Ospreay, as well as Shota and Ren if he holds the belt in the longer term.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

The G in G1 stands for Good job SANADA didn't gently caress it up

The Guy 1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
E:.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

:3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:unsmith:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Bushiroad have YOH and Maika doing press for upcoming njpw and stardom shows. This is a pretty great photo

https://twitter.com/njpw_nyao/status/1645721482730045440?t=GaokW39LegDzKHogAJ6nLA&s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Did I miss a show or are they brushing off Hiromu defending against Nobu before he can challenge?

https://mobile.twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1645720846986809344

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

Did I miss a show or are they brushing off Hiromu defending against Nobu before he can challenge?

https://mobile.twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1645720846986809344

He's doing it on a Road to, I think.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New Japan have uploaded Battle in the Valley on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvu3YfqCgbo

We have had plenty of PPV matches, but is this the first time they uploaded an entire PPV on YouTube? Don't think I've seen them do that before.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Germansimp posted:

New Japan have uploaded Battle in the Valley on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvu3YfqCgbo

We have had plenty of PPV matches, but is this the first time they uploaded an entire PPV on YouTube? Don't think I've seen them do that before.

I think this is the strategy for the US shows this year?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gaz-L posted:

He's doing it on a Road to, I think.

There's also the Satsuma no Kuni show which presumably will have a couple of title matches

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Found it. Nobu vs Hiromu for the Jr title is the main for the Road to Dontaku on the 27th

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Haven't been keeping up with NJPW since last year's G1, just finished watching Sakura Genesis and I'm so, so, so glad Sanada won the belt :unsmith:. Been a fan since I started watching, and as much as I loved LIJ as it was when I started watching I'm glad he's found success regardless.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's an actual crime that Taichi has never even had an IWGP title match. This loser SANADA got (just) five chances, no wonder he's bound to win one of them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hai:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TAKA: Okay step 1 to becoming champion, you gotta want it!
Taichi: Well there's your problem.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I also want Taichi to win but I will accept Sanada and Taichi in the same stable as a compromise for now.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Taichi doesn't want to be a mere champion, he wants to be the King of Pro Wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How is winning the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship gonna get him more Youtube subscribers? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I guess there's a window with TV Asahi before they're allowed to put up the VOD?

The event seems to be going up on NJPW World piecemeal. The Road To events from the 2nd and 3rd are up, and they're putting individual matches from Sakura Genesis up one-by-one. The Okada vs Sanada main event is available on there, and the ZSJ vs Shooter match just went up this morning (Match 6 and Match 9. Nice.).