Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
shes super fun to play into a dive comp but noone at my rank is good at dive so i dont do it very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Assepoester posted:

The Mei nerfs were just enough to make her really suck when you play as her and hell to play against when someone on the other team uses her

Seriously she is impossible to kill

She is also a very team-oriented hero in many different ways. Sometimes you'll have games where you perfectly isolate the enemy tank, and your rein instantly charges and pins the enemy against the wall like within a second or two. Other times, your tank will just be sitting there not even looking at the wall and by the time they notice someone is isolated (if they even do) the wall will be up or the peel will have already happened.

Sometimes you'll have games where you play a little risky and your tank peels for you when you need to disengage after a block or bad wall, and your supports are there to spot you. Other times, they will just all be slowly backing away and turn your missed engage into a position you can't get out of.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Assepoester posted:

The Mei nerfs were just enough to make her really suck when you play as her and hell to play against when someone on the other team uses her

Seriously she is impossible to kill

yeah it sucks but as a main moira/ tank player its just me being mad shes one of like 3 people on dps who can really make ya work for that kill

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I am going to gently caress so many people up with Brig's reworked ult

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The fact that almost all the good event themed skins are shop only makes me want to skip the battlepass again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I am going to gently caress so many people up with Brig's reworked ult

You only get to use the shield bash twice per ult at most.
It's a relatively mild upfucking.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

nano brig

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

The entire shield is the hitbox and it goes through barriers and she's still pulsing overhealth to her team. It's gonna be more than mild, perhaps just not back to 2018 era upfucking

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

novaSphere posted:

The entire shield is the hitbox and it goes through barriers and she's still pulsing overhealth to her team. It's gonna be more than mild, perhaps just not back to 2018 era upfucking

Stunning the whole enemy team twice for 0.5 seconds is good, but it's not really busted busted.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

make mei's ice heal take half as long and heal the same amount. you can get back in the fight quicker and it's less effective as a boring stalling tactic

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Make it possible to push the Ice Block, so you can get her off the point.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i'm ready for mei to be able to move faster by sliding on the floor she ices up

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Mei is not nearly as bad as some of the other stallers. Ice block can't stall as long as some others.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Jack Trades posted:

Give Brig a 2 second cooldown on shield bash and whip shot while ulted

verbal enema posted:

yeah it sucks but as a main moira/ tank player its just me being mad shes one of like 3 people on dps who can really make ya work for that kill
She's a nightmare for Symm too.

I think Mei would be a lot "fairer" if she was barely able to see or hear while in the ice block, rather than having perfect 360 degree third person vision

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i'm ready for mei to be able to move faster by sliding on the floor she ices up

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I haven't played since Overwatch 1 and I am finally thinking about giving OW2 a try. I like to play Tank (Mostly Reinhardt) mainly though I would go into support occasionally. Any Tank or Support tips so I do not drag my team down?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Assepoester posted:

She's a nightmare for Symm too.

I think Mei would be a lot "fairer" if she was barely able to see or hear while in the ice block, rather than having perfect 360 degree third person vision

Sym is a Mei counter. You can charge off her walls and surround her with turrets when she is in block. She also is on the easier side to track with primary since she has a wide hitbox.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

I haven't played since Overwatch 1 and I am finally thinking about giving OW2 a try. I like to play Tank (Mostly Reinhardt) mainly though I would go into support occasionally. Any Tank or Support tips so I do not drag my team down?

#1 thing you can do as a tank to keep your supports happy is to be mindful of when you are going around a corner/through a door and breaking LOS with your healers. Try not to be out of their sight for too long unless you know you can make a play.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

BabyRyoga posted:

Sym is a Mei counter. You can charge off her walls and surround her with turrets when she is in block. She also is on the easier side to track with primary since she has a wide hitbox.

Wait you can charge off her walls lol? That's like kinda dumb

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Pvt. Parts posted:

Wait you can charge off her walls lol? That's like kinda dumb
Walls and shields, yes. When someone plants a shield in front of you and you need a few seconds to move to where you can hit an enemy, it can be really useful to keep your charge up by brushing the shield with your primary as you move.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think Mei is fine I just think the ice spray is not very good anymore and it's what most Meis at my level exclusively use.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't know who on the OW team decided that you'd need to do a loving fighting game input to say "Group Up", when pressing the Group Up button, but they need to be fired yesterday.

I can't believe they still haven't removed that bullshit when everyone hates it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know who on the OW team decided that you'd need to do a loving fighting game input to say "Group Up", when pressing the Group Up button, but they need to be fired yesterday.

You didn't need that many words in your post, I got rid of some of them.

Who even is currently still working on OW that had originally worked on OW1 in the pre-release to release era?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

The best thing is pressing the Group Up button, which makes your character say "on my way" instead of "group up"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

you can bind each of the individual comms to a single button and aren't required to use the comms wheel

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Unlucky7 posted:

Number one tip is: don't die. :v:

In my opinion, the best way to improve early on is to put in some hours as Zenyatta. He's a squishy, high value target with no escape abilities, so survival is based on your positioning. If you die, you were out of position. You're out of position because you misread the game state. Think about why you misread it and eventually you'll be falling back automatically without conscious effort when a counter-push is imminent. Use those skills to recognize when to push or pull as tank or damage and avoid overextending.

Go into the settings and turn on the audio cues for enemy/ally deaths. Rebind the ping button so you can spam it. First sighting at the start of the round? Ping. Widowmaker on a balcony? Ping. It's high noon? Ping. Flanker on your rear end? Ping. Got domed? You have a couple seconds to ping whoever killed you too.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i should play more zen but i queue with my fiance who plays a pretty nasty dps moira in qp queue and i feel like i need to main heal to make up for it but i think im going to commit to slamming zen when she doesnt get put on support. is there a regular heuristic on discord use ie is there an easily distinguishable time to discord tanks vs supports vs dps or is it just a thing you pick up on with regular play?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Played again tonight, against my better instincts, but it was super weird because we won most of our QP matches in massive landslides. The whole time we were joking about how bad/mediocre we actually are and wondering why the matchmaker was feeding us these teams as a 3 and 4 stack. A few times we were ourselves totally steamrolled or held on just strong enough that the other team had to stop goofing around and use their likely comfort heroes to wipe us and finish the maps.

Best guess any of us had was that the double XP weekend brought back all of the casuals we used to play against, because last week when we played as a group we just got mercilessly slaughtered and taunted for a few hours until we quit for the night. Whatever the case, the matchmaker still sucks only this time we got the Ws.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i should play more zen but i queue with my fiance who plays a pretty nasty dps moira in qp queue and i feel like i need to main heal to make up for it but i think im going to commit to slamming zen when she doesnt get put on support. is there a regular heuristic on discord use ie is there an easily distinguishable time to discord tanks vs supports vs dps or is it just a thing you pick up on with regular play?

Keep your discord on whoever your team is shooting at. As a rule of thumb, the tank has too much health and damage mitigation to focus first. Your orb isn't going to damage reins shield or dvas matrix (it will make the roadhog super sad tho). That said, if your tank is having a real hard time winning the tank battle it can help.

For the most part you want elims and Squishies are a lot easier to elim, doubly so with discords on their head.

VVVVVVVhes asking for beginner Zen tips not full team coordination tactics.

Cpt_Obvious fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 10, 2023

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cpt_Obvious posted:

As a rule of thumb, the tank has too much health and damage mitigation to focus first.

Entire games are won solely on swaps to zen and discord + focus on a tank playing too aggressively. Especially when the tank is Orisa, Winston, or Hog. Works ok on ball and ram as well, but is less effective against the others.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

comedyblissoption posted:

you can bind each of the individual comms to a single button and aren't required to use the comms wheel

If you press the binded 'group up' button and your crosshair is within ten miles of a teammate's silhouette you will say 'I'm on my way!'

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

which is why you should have "Fall back!" bound instead

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
I'm certain the various quirks of the ping/comm commands are intended behavior and not some bizarre artifact of mismanagement in QA. The UI in this game is perfect and don't really ever notice any other bugs.

Edit: I believe in OW1 the 'group up' button did intentionally say 'I'm with you' (vs. on my way) when you looked at a friendly but.... there was a range fall-off I think?
Edit2: I just tested it and 'group up' does in fact say 'I'm with you' up close in OW2 but I refuse to edit my dumb joke despite this obviously being intended behavior
Edit3: It doesn't say WHO the 'I'm with you' is directed at though, which I think OW1 did? Or maybe it just didn't spam the chat at all and it was just understood.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 10, 2023

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

It's occurred to me that with the addition of Lifeweaver, I need to update my definitive ranking of Overwatch characters by how much sense an "I hardly know 'er!" joke based on their names would make. Here's my current draft, subject to change:

1. Reaper
2. Tracer
3. Lifeweaver
4. Widowmaker
5. Everyone else

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Live At Five! posted:

Everyone claimed she was bad when OW2 first released, which was not true but it took a bit for people to realize that. Even if you can't hit icicle headshots you can still cut off the other tank from supports to kill them and win team fights with a well timed blizzard.

She was bad, because her walls were bugged and you could just walk through them, lol

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

RhymesWithTendon posted:

It's occurred to me that with the addition of Lifeweaver, I need to update my definitive ranking of Overwatch characters by how much sense an "I hardly know 'er!" joke based on their names would make. Here's my current draft, subject to change:

1. Reaper
2. Tracer
3. Lifeweaver
4. Widowmaker
5. Everyone else

You could probably pronounce Zenyatta with an 'er' sound if you wanted to.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

You could probably pronounce Zenyatta with an 'er' sound if you wanted to.

Moira too.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Moira is the rural juror

OptionalPirate
Aug 31, 2008
There is a new version of Overwatch available. Please exit and restart the game to update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

OptionalPirate posted:

There is a new version of Overwatch available. Please exit and restart the game to update.
It's my favorite mode of Overwatch, waiting in queue