Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Worst thing about A.I. is that we never got the fully horned up Kubrick version and had to settle for a watered-down Spielberg co-production

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
AI will destroy the middle management sector and that sucks in the short term but could theoretically be good in the long term. That would assume that human beings devise a meaningful way to determine what we do with all these people that's beneficial to both them and society at large, but humans are unlikely to solve that problem so it will probably suck rear end lol

I cite for reference the gutting of the manufacturing sector over the last quarter century as a plausible template.

Been playing the PS port of The Last Spell, a roguelike tactical rpg plus tower defense thing that is incredibly cool but I am so sick and tired of pc ports with bad controls and microscopic Illegible fonts.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hector Delgado posted:

Lol, now do a 5 page derail about how (random word) is a jrpg! :downs:

The Legend of Dragoon is a jrpg

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Speaking of JRPGs, I'm going to finally get back to my stalled FFVII playthrough (just did Cosmo Canyon)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Arist posted:

Speaking of JRPGs, I'm going to finally get back to my stalled FFVII playthrough (just did Cosmo Canyon)

the cosmo canyon music is epic

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Closing stretch of Chrono Trigger is a lot longer if you go wrap up all the side stuff it turns out

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but I loved it. All the side quests are great and have really cool character stuff

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Sure would be nice to play chrono tigger hd2d on a playstation 5 sometime soon haha

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

Sure would be nice to play chrono tigger hd2d on a playstation 5 sometime soon haha

have you heard anything about this happening on ps5 or switch? it is the thing i want most in gaming right now. i miss that game so much.

also, speaking of star wars, has there been any news on eclipse recently? i'm not sure if that's even coming to ps5 or is it just a pc release?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

bows1 posted:

Jesus Christ I guess just post AI stuff if Esco can shut the gently caress up this is way fuckin worse.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldMotionlessEyeballGrammarKing-eisQvRl8JwN-PyVt

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That Skinner is such a tit

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Full 3d remake and voice acting á la dqxi maximum chaos imo :sickos:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hector Delgado posted:

Lol, now do a 5 page derail about how (random word) is a jrpg! :downs:

culture war within these walls :slick:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you don't reject AI every time it appears, they'll assume you have no complaints and we'll all be eating 3D printed pizza by mid June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzL-E51E5z0

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Vintersorg posted:

Wait, is that 155GB on the PS5 too? I thought just PC?

Fake Edit: That is just for PC - no idea what will happen on consoles yet.

This is nice to know for people of all types of skill:

Wait, is that 155GB on the PS5 too? I thought just PC?

Fake Edit: That is just for PC - no idea what will happen on consoles yet.

This is nice to know for people of all types of skill:

quote:
From the start, Jedi: Survivor feels set to embrace both faithful players of the original, as well as brand new fans looking to jump into this branch of the Star Wars universe. It does that both with a variety of difficulty selections to please those masocore experts and story-focused newbies alike, along with individual settings allowing you tweak enemy aggression and the parry timing window. If you want a steep challenge but you’re rubbish at parrying, you can open that window up and jump into a tougher difficulty, if you so choose.

“Star Wars is not a niche franchise, we want as many people to play it as possible,” Stig says. “It’s difficult because we have to account for a lot of different approaches that people are going to have and I think, for us, we try to hit that sweet spot in the middle. Once we do that, it’s a case of tuning numbers. That’s a favorite go-to of Jason Harris, our design director – ‘it’s all just numbers, I just gotta go in and tweak a few numbers.’

“That might work for combat, like parry windows, but how do you solve puzzles? Everybody is going to have a different thought process and approach for that,” Asmussen continues. “One of the things that we do, and what we’ve found a lot of success with, is just playtesting the heck out of the game, and getting it in front of as many fresh eyes as possible.

“We look at the numbers that we get, and we make adjustments, and then we test again, we make adjustments, and we test again. We keep doing that process until we feel like we can do something like this event today,” he says, referring to the preview build

Star Wars invented play testing!

I had a lot of fun with LiteSouls so I’ll definitely buy this, assuming there is a performance mode.

Edit: just watched the latest trailer and it’s definitely playing at 60.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 10, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

If you don't reject AI every time it appears, they'll assume you have no complaints and we'll all be eating 3D printed pizza by mid June

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzL-E51E5z0

a Dahir Insaat™ product

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Wtf Albert's 6-hit combo is fucken impossible lol. I've been making liberal use of the rewind feature (best feature) to practice and retry combos that I gently caress up but this gust of wind dance can go get hosed

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

fridge corn posted:

Wtf Albert's 6-hit combo is fucken impossible lol. I've been making liberal use of the rewind feature (best feature) to practice and retry combos that I gently caress up but this gust of wind dance can go get hosed

I’m glad I was able to see one more person utterly confounded by Albert’s move timings

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

fridge corn posted:

Wait till you see his last one.

Though Meru's got some really fucky ones too

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

fridge corn posted:

Gust of wind dance was the bane of my existence when I was a kid. Albert kinda sucks in the long run anyway because he has no magic defense so if you don't get him a legendary helmet he starts getting destroyed.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

On the other hand he does upwards of 2k damage in the endgame and was always around for boss fights when possible for me

And blossom storm helps too

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
Yeah but he's slow as gently caress too. I can get 2 attacks out of most characters for his every one. I mean in the end it doesn't matter. Every character is usable and you don't really have to do anything special unless you plan on taking on the super boss or like 1 late game side quest so.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

We want fully automated luxury gay space communism (aka Star Trek), but this timeline seems to be headed for fully automated austerity transphobic space feudalism. Maybe not the space part.

I’m less concerned about AI itself than I am about what bad actors will use it for.

Azathoth Prime fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 10, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Azathoth Prime posted:

We want fully automated luxury gay space communism (aka Star Trek), but this timeline seems to be headed for fully automated austerity transphobic space feudalism. Maybe not the space part.

Play station

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

You are right, I will shut up about AI.

I’ve really been enjoying GoW: Ragnarok.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Azathoth Prime posted:

You are right, I will shut up about AI.

I’ve really been enjoying GoW: Ragnarok.

How far are you? I’m reaching the end and it’s getting better and better. I’m surprised at how tough it’s getting though. It’s a solid challenge. The checkpoints are good at least so it’s not too frustrating.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oh poo poo

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kilometers Davis posted:

How far are you? I’m reaching the end and it’s getting better and better. I’m surprised at how tough it’s getting though. It’s a solid challenge. The checkpoints are good at least so it’s not too frustrating.

Whatever that mid-game area with the crater is is the best part of the game. I can't believe it takes so long to get there.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

bows1 posted:

Whatever that mid-game area with the crater is is the best part of the game. I can't believe it takes so long to get there.

Oh okay I guess I’m not quite near the end yet. That’s where I am now.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I think I’m getting towards the end. I’ve been playing on Give Me Balance and that seems about perfect for my level of skills. Except for the Berserker fights. I turn it down to the easiest for those, because I’m not coming back later and I refuse to git gud. 😁 Boss health checkpoints have been a godsend and have saved me much frustration. Some of the cutscenes are a little long winded for my tastes, but they don’t really bother me that much.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Oh okay I guess I’m not quite near the end yet. That’s where I am now.

Ragnarok is kind of misleading with its endgame signposting because there are multiple occasions where a character gives you the usual “maybe you should go do some of this side poo poo that’s piling up before you miss your chance” open world point of no return speech despite that not being the case at all until the one time it is.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Okay my one complaint with RE4remake: Ashley drops all her treasure and poo poo but doesn’t drop the keys to the chests? This whole run is ruined why keep playing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

The dreamcast is back
it never left

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah there are several places where you get silently cut off and can’t backtrack to a place even though it looks like you can on the map. I missed both all the island treasure and all the castle treasure on this run

To add insult to injury, if you go all the way down there leon cannot crawl through the frozen knights anyway

They gave you free-er travel than the original, but it’s still not as free as most modern AAA games

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
So in case this happens to someone else, I fixed my problem with captures not uploading to the app.
It was a bunch of failed save game upload attempts, like a shitload. Once I emptied out the Downloads/Uploads section, the app started getting them again.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCBWbI9VCkc
Lady Maria down!
Pretty clean fight! I just can't figure out how to dodge that big dive move, though, and then of course it's a huge problem trying to heal up. Got super lucky at the end there too, that third phase still has me stumped, keep getting caught by the fire on all the slashes. Still felt really good, though, that's for sure the toughest fight in the game so far.

That would have been my last try, though -- after the fight I was down to 19 vials total and I would have had to go farm up a bunch more. First time the vials system (almost) became an issue for me, but it was in the back of my mind over the last few tries, knowing I only had so many more vials in storage and worrying I'd have to quit just when I was in the rhythm.

So I made the cum dungeon! I had no idea it would be literally that easy haha, took me five minutes and now I've got 150 vials in storage and 300 bullets for good measure.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Phenotype posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCBWbI9VCkc
Lady Maria down!
Pretty clean fight! I just can't figure out how to dodge that big dive move, though, and then of course it's a huge problem trying to heal up. Got super lucky at the end there too, that third phase still has me stumped, keep getting caught by the fire on all the slashes. Still felt really good, though, that's for sure the toughest fight in the game so far.

That would have been my last try, though -- after the fight I was down to 19 vials total and I would have had to go farm up a bunch more. First time the vials system (almost) became an issue for me, but it was in the back of my mind over the last few tries, knowing I only had so many more vials in storage and worrying I'd have to quit just when I was in the rhythm.

So I made the cum dungeon! I had no idea it would be literally that easy haha, took me five minutes and now I've got 150 vials in storage and 300 bullets for good measure.

Absolutely professional hunting, goonsir. Sekiro-tier precision/aggression.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Got Far Cry 6 for 16 bux and the first 25 minutes was me fighting with last pass to record a new password because of course you can’t launch the game without logging into Ubisoft. Of course there’s no QR code you can scan, you have to manually type in everything with the controller.

Then the first chapter is cheap Dying Light cosplay. When do we get the freaking guns??

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
using thr cum dungeon to stock up on vials and bullets is absolutely fair game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
New konami leak, source trying to find out suikoden hd release date

https://twitter.com/steelballrunner/status/1645720019706482688?t=vHWR4JSCXF44QIPChRbBEA&s=19