Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Last year Little V took time off to care for his dying mother. After that he decided to work more on his own content that was making him happy. He discusses how he felt pressured to perform to be "worthy" of recording with Woolie. Chat was fine but the subreddit and youtube comments got to him and when one guy on the subreddit wrote a whole screed about all the things he hated about V (in response to V's video about taking time off) and people were upvoting it, V said gently caress it because he didn't want to deal with that anymore.

Honestly writing this out took longer than watching the video explaining it all.
Ty for the summary, really appreciate that :h:

RareAcumen posted:

Could someone summarize that post?
pls no bully me for being so personal here but i asked cause i had to help out my dying mother when i was in my 20s and broke and was almost homeless after she died and the possibility of seeing a sad guy talk about that along with maybe some rocky friendship stuff involving a creator i like and maybe falling on Financial Times too (wasn't sure what his situation was) might bring me to a very dark place so i knew i would prefer reading it here first 🙏 glad to know our dude is doing OK :unsmith:

edit: that poo poo i wrote was sort of heavy I should add that I landed on my feet and am very extremely OK these days too hell ya :-]

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Monathin posted:

I am completely shocked and astounded that noted bastion of extremely normal people r/TwoBestFriendsPlay would react in such a demanding and downright entitled fashion.

I feel like that subreddit is the worst it's ever been lately. 90% of the crap there is either comic poo poo no one sane could possibly care about or upvote fishing in the laziest way imaginable where the op tosses an "Examples of X in Y" topic title with zero effort and expects everyone else to do the work for them

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 10, 2023

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Perfect Potato posted:

I feel like that subreddit is the worst it's ever been lately. 90% of the crap there is either comic poo poo no one sane could possibly care about or upvote fishing in the laziest way imaginable where the op tosses an "Examples of X in Y" topic title with zero effort and expects everyone else to do the work for them

Don't forget the endless repetition of tired jokes like shoving evillak into everything. Or more "joke racism", a gag that gets increasingly uncomfortable the more it's done.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: that poo poo i wrote was sort of heavy I should add that I landed on my feet and am very extremely OK these days too hell ya :-]

:thumbsup: hell ya

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Ty for the summary, really appreciate that :h:

pls no bully me for being so personal here but i asked cause i had to help out my dying mother when i was in my 20s and broke and was almost homeless after she died and the possibility of seeing a sad guy talk about that along with maybe some rocky friendship stuff involving a creator i like and maybe falling on Financial Times too (wasn't sure what his situation was) might bring me to a very dark place so i knew i would prefer reading it here first 🙏 glad to know our dude is doing OK :unsmith:

Don't worry about it! Glad things are going good for you.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

RareAcumen posted:

Could someone summarize that post?

Gamers MUST be bullied.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Woolie has also done content with V so I always assumed it was just a "we vibe on each other's stuff when it comes up". Glad Lil V is doing better. That poo poo is rough and if it means that playthrough got cut then unfortunate, but thems the breaks.

That subreddit is the most double edged sword because for everything cool thing they do, the 4chan side of their fans just act loud as gently caress which sucks.,

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Warbird posted:

I’m going to be a bit let out if at some point in the next like 5 years we don’t get a reveal of “oh this? That’s Pat Jr. he’s 8 and our second child” just out of goddamn nowhere.
Well this half happened cause apparently Pat's going to be a dad. Paige is 5 months along, apparently this came up on the podcast recording today.

I'm kinda shocked he's the kind of person who'd want to be a dad, but that's me projecting.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Oxyclean posted:

Well this half happened cause apparently Pat's going to be a dad. Paige is 5 months along, apparently this came up on the podcast recording today.

I'm kinda shocked he's the kind of person who'd want to be a dad, but that's me projecting.

Whoa wait what? And that isn't a bit?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well poo poo Pats separate streaming location makes way more sense now. Thought it was weird they moved it from the main house.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Whoa wait what? And that isn't a bit?
There's a big post on the subreddit and besides people asking where the info came from (the podcast) noone seems to be saying it's a big lie/jape?

I'm not tuned into the podcast record so maybe I've been big fooled too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Best of luck to all involved

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'm watching the stream live and do not think it's a bit

Good for them

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"gosh, I wonder when they'll go back to It Takes Two" me four months ago lmao

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Wait when did Pat first make the "haha what if we had a kid and told nobody until they just randomly walked on stream"?

That motherfucker was foreshadowing lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What the hell is Woolie wearing on his head

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Wait when did Pat first make the "haha what if we had a kid and told nobody until they just randomly walked on stream"?

That motherfucker was foreshadowing lol

Paige pulls a baby out of a McDonald's bag

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean it was only a matter of time with how often they joked about BIG PREGGERS

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dabir posted:

What the hell is Woolie wearing on his head

Sun shield. Doesn't have curtains or blinds yet / didn't realize he was sitting at the perfect angle in his new house to get hit by the sun dead on

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Pat no you were the chosen one

You were supposed to be the pullout king

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oxyclean posted:

Oh hey good for them. We’re a couple of months behind them. God bless Paige for streaming through the first trimester. What a trooper. Did he at least blindside Woolie with it?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

If it's a bit they're very committed to it

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1645561983054532608

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I hope Pat 2: Son of Pat is somehow a shining beacon of reason and normalcy

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Committed for about 18 years give or take.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Literally a smaller Pat

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/1645567869441417217

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1645562472701771777?t=eww4GcZJoae60I0CNeBkGw&s=19

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Odds that they pick a name beginning with P?

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

If I was them I'd name it something "pa", like Pat Paige and Parker.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

family named like they're out of elden ring

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

family named like they're out of elden ring

lol

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Twitter does good things sometimes:

https://twitter.com/Railith/status/1645568217060892678

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s called Letterkenny and it whips rear end ya hoosier.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Warbird posted:

It’s called Letterkenny and it whips rear end ya hoosier.

That's a Texas-sized 10-4.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really like how unbelievably HAPPY pat is when he announced it. like I don't know if I have ever seen him outwardly THIS HAPPY
https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultColorfulCourgetteDxAbomb-oAgiLH6U--gUkOEH

HappiestPat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh god I just realized we're going to have giant bombcast 2.0 like right after Vinny had his kid, where pat will describe in gruesome detail all the aspects of raising a tiny baby and a whole new group of people will get to learn what merconium is

no it is not some sort of fabulous mineral. no, no it is not

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
I'm actually kind of shocked. Didn't think he was the type to want to have a kid.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Captain Invictus posted:

oh god I just realized we're going to have giant bombcast 2.0 like right after Vinny had his kid, where pat will describe in gruesome detail all the aspects of raising a tiny baby and a whole new group of people will get to learn what merconium is

no it is not some sort of fabulous mineral. no, no it is not

Oh god, I didn't even think about the 'bio-slime factory' part of childcare. I guess Gief has prepared them both, being a huge slobber beast and all, but yeah, Dad Tales are gonna be lit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmfao

I love every single thing about this :allears:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Karanas posted:

I'm actually kind of shocked. Didn't think he was the type to want to have a kid.

I imagine the fact he owns his own house, has a very comfortable income stream and chill lifestyle made the decision a lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oh no

He's going to be able to make the "hi x I'm dad" joke now