Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

What the gently caress is with “spiritual leaders” being pedos?

I dunno if anyone posted about this yet but

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1643761712321921027?s=20

Holy poo poo just leave kids alone you worthless assholes.

it seems to largely be a problem of male dominated institutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

quote:

The Dalai Lama invited the boy up toward the platform he was seated on. In the video, he gestured to his cheek, after which the child kissed him before giving him a hug.

The Dalai Lama then asked the boy to kiss him on the lips and stuck out his tongue. “And suck my tongue,” the Dalai Lama can be heard saying as the boy sticks out his own tongue and leans in, prompting laughter from the audience.

What the gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Comedy should be legal etc

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645444333846380545?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What the gently caress

Is this a cultural thing? Regardless:yikesaroo:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm waiting for a Teams meeting to get started and some guy pops on who has Goku for his Teams profile picture.

I'm so glad I was on mute because I immediately busted out laughing.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Change your teams pic to Jiren

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Change it to Frieza so they're wondering in the back of their minds when you might try to turn on them.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Change it to Captain Ginyu and insist you're actually the other guy and he logged in with your credentials

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Change it to Piccolo and keep insulting his parenting

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Go with Master Roshi and just get weird with it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Go with Krillin and send photos of beans

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Ya boy (finally) got a job! Guy called with a verbal offer today.

Let’s gooooo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell yeah, congrats!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Joey Freshwater posted:

Let’s gooooo

congrats!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Joey Freshwater posted:

Let’s gooooo

:hellyeah:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Let’s gooooo

What DBZ character are you going to set as your Teams profile pic?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So I have a hypothetical question that is in no way related to a meeting I just sat in. If a company needs to order a bunch of saleable material but doesn't want the material in inventory because it looks bad on financial reports so instead they receive it into Engineering and slowly release parts of it back into inventory over time as sales come in, is this getting close to fraud?

Feels like shell games shuffling inventory around to avoid public financial reports.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

What DBZ character are you going to set as your Teams profile pic?

May I recommend

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Let’s gooooo

Nice dude. I’m guessing this is not the company with the HR person that was yanking your chain?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So I have a hypothetical question that is in no way related to a meeting I just sat in. If a company needs to order a bunch of saleable material but doesn't want the material in inventory because it looks bad on financial reports so instead they receive it into Engineering and slowly release parts of it back into inventory over time as sales come in, is this getting close to fraud?

Feels like shell games shuffling inventory around to avoid public financial reports.

Are all departments under the same company? We’re not talking technically different companies under a larger parent company are we? Im not an accountant, but this does seem like a difficult thing to his unless all material is received and sold within the same quarter.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Joey Freshwater posted:

Let’s gooooo

Congratulations! Get paid!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Let’s gooooo

I thought you were staying put at Ole Miss? :v: Congrats Joey!

Also, lol at all the DBZ call outs.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bird in a Blender posted:

Are all departments under the same company? We’re not talking technically different companies under a larger parent company are we? Im not an accountant, but this does seem like a difficult thing to his unless all material is received and sold within the same quarter.

It's all the same company. My alarm bells went off because we have an established process for doing this and are adding a ton of pain and effort simply to avoid having this high dollar value amount in inventory because it would look bad.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It's all the same company. My alarm bells went off because we have an established process for doing this and are adding a ton of pain and effort simply to avoid having this high dollar value amount in inventory because it would look bad.

How else are they classifying if not as inventory?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Dango Bango posted:

How else are they classifying if not as inventory?

Receiving it into engineering, like if we ordered something for the lab. Completely off books.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And like Engineering isn't doing anything with it? Just warehousing it until sales wants it?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kalli posted:

And like Engineering isn't doing anything with it? Just warehousing it until sales wants it?

Yep.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Receiving it into engineering, like if we ordered something for the lab. Completely off books.

That doesn’t seem off the books though, just on a different page. My guess would be they’re trying to make something look more profitable than it really is. Engineering has room in their budget, so the costs hit their department. Meanwhile, sales (or whatever department it is) doesn’t see the costs, but sees the income, so sales looks like it’s making a ton of money. This feels like middle management playing games with budgets to hide it from the CEO or CFO.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bird in a Blender posted:

That doesn’t seem off the books though, just on a different page. My guess would be they’re trying to make something look more profitable than it really is. Engineering has room in their budget, so the costs hit their department. Meanwhile, sales (or whatever department it is) doesn’t see the costs, but sees the income, so sales looks like it’s making a ton of money. This feels like middle management playing games with budgets to hide it from the CEO or CFO.

Sounds about right except this is on the direction of the higher ups, not hiding from them. They specifically don't want the value of the material in inventory I guess.

I am not an accountant and have no skin in this game, it just get's concerning when we are jumping through hoops to avoid a standard process for no functional value, just to juke some financial stats.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

If the inventory in question is purchased, not put into stock in the ERP system, then poofed into existence slowly over time such that it is effectively in inventory then consumed immediately so it never shows as on-hand, it sounds pretty shady to me.

Regardless of the exact steps in question, "we are going to purchase raw materials we intend to consume, but receive them through a non-standard process in order to make our books look better" probably isn't going to be used as a case study for good business ethics anytime soon.

e: yeah, my second sentence is pretty much restating what you just posted

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Sounds about right except this is on the direction of the higher ups, not hiding from them. They specifically don't want the value of the material in inventory I guess.

I am not an accountant and have no skin in this game, it just get's concerning when we are jumping through hoops to avoid a standard process for no functional value, just to juke some financial stats.

Not an accountant, but they'd be inflating current assets by keeping less inventory. Meaning they'd be pumping up their liquidity/current ratio. Which makes me think they're going to really piss off a bank/lender at some point.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Yeah bottom line is I'm not signing anything.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I dunno if that's illegal or anything, but I know I'm not signing off on that, lol.

But man, your engineering department is so productive, look at that throughput!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Friendly reminder to maintain a blackmail/CYA folder in your work inbox.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sure except download the emails instead of keeping them in your inbox.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

C-Euro posted:

Friendly reminder to maintain a blackmail/CYA folder in your work inbox.

Nope. Keep it offline so it can't be accessed by anyone at work

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Yea this seems bad. I’d be especially worried if they’re trying to even hide what the costs are to engineering. Like you’re buying a bunch of thing A to sell, but they tell engineering to label them all as light bulbs or something else innocuous.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If the company is putting false numbers into a 10Q (financial reports) that is indeed fraud, and big big bigtime fraud at that.

I can understand the motivation. They want to show lower inventory on the balance sheet, because high inventory implies either a slowdown in sales, or mismanagement of purchasing. The ideal "most efficient" company receives inventory just in time to sell it (or manufacture something from it or whatever). Buying stuff early and then warehousing it is super good for resiliency and long-term survival, as long as you do actually use the stuff eventually, but it's less profitable so stock markets do not reward that.

Anyway hey everyone, we went camping this weekend, it was pretty good!

Campsite was right on a reservoir that is pretty full right now, lots of waterfowl, we went for a good hike on saturday, I made a tasty beef stew for my friends who gobbled it up so it must not have been too bad. The frogs were in full chorus after sunset so we went walking along the lake and found several, that was fun. Just generally had a good time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My “NOT CORPORATE CRIMES” Outlook folder has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my Outlook folder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Also yea as said, you absolutely need to download incriminating docs and save them on your home computer and/or personal cloud account. When you’re fired for narcing on the company, the very first thing they’re doing is locking you out of your email.