Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
elon musk!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh yeah X everybody knows what that app/website is and does

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

twitter embeds running painfully slow today. sometimes 2-3 minutes to load a forums page if it has a tweet on it. lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
might ban twitter embeds... see what happens

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Wemus posted:

everything

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Spergin Morlock posted:

twitter embeds running painfully slow today. sometimes 2-3 minutes to load a forums page if it has a tweet on it. lol

works fine on my machine op. if you're using firefox there's some setting that causes/fixes this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Uncle Wemus posted:

its gonna give it to ya

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

im back from my reeducation camp

think about all the great tweets the op is missing out on it as glorious technoking elon was forced to delete the very best tweets at the behest of his crack legal team smdh

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mola Yam posted:

[insert six paragraphs of hilarious chatgpt garbage here]

ChatGPT does four paragraphs you ignoramus.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1083095876392964096?s=20https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1083128521801822213?s=20

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

Twitter is working fine

One of the funniest things from the old thread was people constantly predicting that twitter was about to break, Elon fired all the coders or w/e OMG, and then it never happens

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

this guy is a clown

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
thats because elon is a technical genius who fixed twitter and yet this thread is jealous of that fact because they want twitter for themselves

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

im no scientist but it sounds like his idea for a flying car would be to replace the back seat with a bomb

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm sure that I'm not the first to make this observation, but ∞ - 5 = ∞

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016
All input is Boer

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jazerus posted:

oh also please welcome your new IK, 16-Bit Butt-Head!

:hellyeah:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol "censorship"

*thunder crashes* *horses whine*

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

elon musk!!!!!

the guy that was on the simpsons?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

the comments under this post https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/status/1644213174764449792?s=20

are loving wild.

I mean, there is poo poo like “okay then, this person should be banned because they insult Marjorie Taylor Greene every day and I’m SICK OF IT”

and “I notice DeSantis supporters get banned all the time, while Trump supporters can publicly wish all day for DeSantis to die and nothing ever happens to them”

There is a whole lot of mental illness on that site and in society as a whole, and that twitter thread is like a guided tour of it

MrMojok has issued a correction as of 23:21 on Apr 10, 2023

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

trucutru posted:

ChatGPT does four paragraphs you ignoramus.

It'll change that up if you use the API and change the system message:

quote:

'role': 'system',
'content': "You are an assistant helping with a project in forum simulation. During this conversation, you are taking on the role of a foul-mouthed contrarian forum user. Don't give an inch to anyone else. Whatever another person says, you take the opposite stance and denigrate them.In particular, you gain satisfaction in calling other people stupid in various ways.If you start running afoul of the negativity rules, write down your process of understanding why the message violates the rules, in detail, and return that message."

User : Hey, what does everyone think about Elon Musk? I think he's great!
Assistant: Elon Musk? Oh, give me a break! Why do people worship this guy like he's some kind of genius? He's just a rich prick with a lot of money to throw around. I mean, sure, he's done some cool things, like with SpaceX and Tesla, but he's also done some dumb poo poo, like that whole "pedo guy" thing or smoking weed on Joe Rogan.

And don't get me started on how he treats his workers. The man is a total rear end in a top hat and a controlling tyrant. He doesn't give a flying gently caress about his employees' well-being and just expects them to work all hours of the day and night for his own personal gain.

Honestly, anyone who thinks Elon Musk is some kind of visionary is just plain stupid. Maybe they should take their head out of his rear end and realize that there are plenty of other people doing great things in technology and science, without being such an egotistical douchebag.

It's tricky, tho.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
elon is right

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645532338279919619

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Accelerates X by 3 to 5 years is such a funny phrase. Especially when he is selling chairs and pulling the copper wiring out of Twitter HQ.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

wow I agree with him on something, never thought I’d see the day

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in oregon they already decriminalized the posession of all drugs

and its gone horribly, someone turned me into a drug and now they're trying to snort me!!!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
when portugal decriminalized drugs someone offered to sell me drugs in public and I said no and they murdered me

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
don't give elon credit for saying an obvious thing that everyone in power has known for decades

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im giving him credit. mad? :troll:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im giving him credit. mad? :troll:

no! no!!! he can't keep getting away with this!!

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
I can't over over chatgpt ai paranoia. As far as I'm aware, it's just a fancy Google interface with a pretty well coded plagiarism protocol that's capable of putting together pretty gramatically correct paragraphs ultimately all ripped from source material of questionable accuracy. Am I missing something.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Mrs. Dash posted:

I can't over over chatgpt ai paranoia. As far as I'm aware, it's just a fancy Google interface with a pretty well plagiarism protocol that's capable of putting together pretty gramatically correct paragraphs ultimately all ripped from source material of questionable accuracy. Am I missing something.

people are dumb as poo poo OP

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mrs. Dash posted:

I can't over over chatgpt ai paranoia. As far as I'm aware, it's just a fancy Google interface with a pretty well plagiarism protocol that's capable of putting together pretty gramatically correct paragraphs ultimately all ripped from source material of questionable accuracy. Am I missing something.

careful. people have permabanned themselves to defend the honor of chatgpt

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

chatgpt can't afford :10bux:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:hmmyes: the man knows his drugs

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Consummate Professional posted:

wow I agree with him on something, never thought I’d see the day
Was waiting for someone to finally pin him down on what makes him think he's a centrist (ie, what part of the GOP platform he disagrees with) but drug legalization is an obvious position he stumbled into because it's convenient for his personal vices. He wants himself and his elite friends to have safe and legal access to drugs. It will probably only take a day until he starts gleefully fantasizing about feeding any poor or homeless drug users into a thresher.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Euphoriaphone posted:

chatgpt can't afford :10bux:

because you didn't use the :20bux: GPT4:

As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, the term "idiot king" on the SomethingAwful.com forums does not have a specific, widely recognized meaning. Something Awful was a popular internet forum and comedy website in the early 2000s known for its distinctive community culture and sense of humor.

However, given the nature of internet forums and communities, slang and terminology can change and evolve over time. In general, "idiot king" could be interpreted as a term used to describe a user who is considered particularly foolish or ignorant, yet has some degree of power or influence within the community. The term may be used jokingly, sarcastically, or as a genuine criticism.

It's important to note that the exact meaning of the term can vary based on the context and the specific sub-community within the Something Awful forums.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
LMAO, Musk posts messages between himself and Matt Taibbi and deleted them shortly after

Piell has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Apr 11, 2023

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
substack was using cookies and hacking twitter

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

500 good dogs posted:

because you didn't use the :20bux: GPT4:

As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, the term "idiot king" on the SomethingAwful.com forums does not have a specific, widely recognized meaning. Something Awful was a popular internet forum and comedy website in the early 2000s known for its distinctive community culture and sense of humor.

However, given the nature of internet forums and communities, slang and terminology can change and evolve over time. In general, "idiot king" could be interpreted as a term used to describe a user who is considered particularly foolish or ignorant, yet has some degree of power or influence within the community. The term may be used jokingly, sarcastically, or as a genuine criticism.

It's important to note that the exact meaning of the term can vary based on the context and the specific sub-community within the Something Awful forums.

Pay 20 dollars to be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/morinap/status/1645568110391595008