Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

As I keep playing through Pathfinder, I realize how much all fantasty RPGs (including PoE) lean in to a weird polytheism where a lot (if not all) of the characters you engage with are all weirdly dedicated to one god in very classical-western-monothesim-bordering-on-evangelical ways.

Even a lot of casual townsfolk have pretty concrete evidence of gods being real in these settings, and seem fully aware all those gods and their servants could squash them like bugs, but get really overly dedicated to one of them. Like being a football club fan if clubs occasionally dropped fuel-air bombs on rival cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

DnD has that encouraged by the cosmology where you are pretty much expect to pick and dedicate to a god, and your soul's eventual afterlife will be determined by how well you lived up to the ideals of your chosen deity.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Most media gets classical polytheism wrong. D&D is particularly bad about it, but by no means unique.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

If I want some unique items from both the rewards in the peaceful resolution of Family Pride along with some items in the vault, is my best option just killing everyone, or is there a more peaceful option?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
If you go strictly peaceful, you can get the weapon rewards from both and still sneak in later and loot the Bardatto vault. You can also pickpocket the unique helmet from the Bardatto matron. If you want the armors off the family heads specifically, they need to die in order to loot them.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

OK, I'll just sneak into the vault later then.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Avalerion posted:

DnD has that encouraged by the cosmology where you are pretty much expect to pick and dedicate to a god, and your soul's eventual afterlife will be determined by how well you lived up to the ideals of your chosen deity.

It’s not true of the game, but Golarion also has clerics of sets of gods, as a defined pantheon.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Terrible Opinions posted:

Most media gets classical polytheism wrong. D&D is particularly bad about it, but by no means unique.

Do they even try to? Apart from Elder Scrolls I can't think of any fantasy world where gods weren't shoved out of focus. Traditional fantasy (and even movies like that Indiana Jones movie) teach us that we should only care about person's patron god if it's some sort of snake god or demands human sacrifices.

PoE gets a pass cause their pantheon is constructed to be orderly and unnatural, and there are more or less clear mechanics defining how gods keep power and can steal it from each other.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn it I went into the old city and was handling all the creatures pretty well and then I encounter a giant grub in a room and well it loving sucks I can't kill it. I'm level 8 and its 3 skulls red. Even though the quest clearly isn't 3 skulls. I can't even damage it I got it down to a bar of its life but to no avail. Totally loving useless.

Kind of agravating because I played that area for like 2 hours and now I'm stuck and have to come back at a higher level.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 9, 2023

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Do you happen to have that cipher in your party? Giant Grub is very dumb and highly susceptible to mental attacks. It's a big stompy boss, so it's a good idea to use your various consumables and empowers.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Do you happen to have that cipher in your party? Giant Grub is very dumb and highly susceptible to mental attacks. It's a big stompy boss, so it's a good idea to use your various consumables and empowers.

I do not have a cypher. I guess I can. However I notice that I can't empower more than once. Not sure why not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Each character can only use empower once per combat and x number of times per rest.he means every character should be using their empower

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Giant Grub is very dumb and highly susceptible to mental attacks.

To explain the mechanic more: enemies can either have a resistance or a weakness to specific afflictions, which will either downgrade or upgrade an affliction by a single tier respectively. The Giant Grub has a weakness to Intellect afflictions, so anything that causes Confusion will be automatically upgraded to Charmed, which will flip its alliance and stop it from attacking you for the duration. The second tier Wizard spell Bewildering Spectacle is a good choice if you don't have access to a Cipher.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Lady Radia posted:

i cant wait until this comes out in 2045

:smith:

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Also I remember it having a spectacularly low will defense, so mental targeting attacks are almost guaranteed to land and often crit.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
A very modest but effective spell for its level against bosses is the 1st level Wizard spell Slicken. For one, it is a standard prone attack as opposed to an affliction so bosses' immunity/resistances don't matter. Secondly, it targets reflex as opposed to fortitude like Fighter's comparable Knock Down ability, making it more likely to score a prone hit against bosses who are typically beefy and have high fortitude. Most valuably, it is a hazard spell that repeatedly interrupts throughout its duration, which is great for bosses who usually have a long windup time between their attacks (and especially good against one particular boss who you need to strip concentration). I usually take Spell Shaping for my dedicated caster Wizards anyway, and with Slicken here it's a free added power level since even zooming in the area of effect will more than cover bosses due to their larger character model size.

While the aforementioned Knock Down is a shadow of it's PoE1 self, I've come to appreciate the simplicity and effectiveness of other forms of prone in Deadfire alongside Slicken. For instance, the per-encounter Run Through attack ability on Whispers of the Endless Paths has an extended duration to its prone effect which scales with weapon quality and its wielder's Intellect. Upgrading Knock Down to Mule Kick adds a knock up effect much like Monks' Skyward Kick, with the knock up being another disable with scaling duration (though this is kind of a double edged sword since it introduces invincibility frames and makes the enemy briefly untargetable while they're in the air). I once put all these pieces together on a Tactician/Blood Mage who was already using Whispers of the Endless Paths for the passive counterattack with high defensive Wizard spells, and if he was facing enemies who were resistant against his disabling spells, he could also use his weapon to Mule Kick multiple enemies in an arc or pin a boss/tough mob with Run Through for very long duration thanks to his high Intellect.

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 10, 2023

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll come back to the big grub dude. Stock up on potions and buffs then go with intellect attacks.

I instead went on a adventure to another island where these fish people were bothering them and I actually had the option to send my bear forward to the fish people and they petted the bear. I rescued their kids then they gave me a medallion that gave me cruelty which I'm not sure what that does.

I appreciate that they actually put in a bunch of stuff for if you were a stalker that you'd have interesting interactions.

Oh and I fought some tree people and got a cool axe.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 10, 2023

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Some solid story in this game.

When playing I usually assume the true owners of the archipelago are the wilders and everyone else exists on a scale of "colonizer" to "pillager" according to how extractive, murderous and disruptive they are. I'm pretty sure this is intended because the game rewards you the least for siding with wilders on things, and helping them is sometimes pretty inconvenient. Just now I was in Sayuka and I was given a pretty stark choice: protect wilder land and piss off the entire Deadfire Company, or gently caress off. I picked "gently caress off" because I'm pretty early in the game, I hadn't followed up on a character quest back in town, and I didn't really know what would happen to my game after that. They called me a shitlib and a paper tiger. I ended up fighting them, and didn't reload because it felt like a fair and natural end to that quest. The Deadfire Company paid me and thanked me, and would now slash and burn the whole island.

So that was embarrassing. Now I'm robbing a wizard to feel better. Hey, you know what would have been a good thing to bring? Crushing damage. e: just remembered saru-sichr, so I've got that going for me actually

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 10, 2023

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Vermain posted:

To explain the mechanic more: enemies can either have a resistance or a weakness to specific afflictions, which will either downgrade or upgrade an affliction by a single tier respectively. The Giant Grub has a weakness to Intellect afflictions, so anything that causes Confusion will be automatically upgraded to Charmed, which will flip its alliance and stop it from attacking you for the duration. The second tier Wizard spell Bewildering Spectacle is a good choice if you don't have access to a Cipher.

I have about eighty hours in this game, and this is the kind of post that simply tells me that I still have no idea what I'm doing.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ragnar34 posted:

Some solid story in this game.

When playing I usually assume the true owners of the archipelago are the wilders and everyone else exists on a scale of "colonizer" to "pillager" according to how extractive, murderous and disruptive they are. I'm pretty sure this is intended because the game rewards you the least for siding with wilders on things, and helping them is sometimes pretty inconvenient. Just now I was in Sayuka and I was given a pretty stark choice: protect wilder land and piss off the entire Deadfire Company, or gently caress off. I picked "gently caress off" because I'm pretty early in the game, I hadn't followed up on a character quest back in town, and I didn't really know what would happen to my game after that. They called me a shitlib and a paper tiger. I ended up fighting them, and didn't reload because it felt like a fair and natural end to that quest. The Deadfire Company paid me and thanked me, and would now slash and burn the whole island.

So that was embarrassing. Now I'm robbing a wizard to feel better. Hey, you know what would have been a good thing to bring? Crushing damage. e: just remembered saru-sichr, so I've got that going for me actually

For whatever reason, the two magical morningstars in the game always end up being a big part of a character build in my playthroughs. Usually not my main, but either Pallegina or another tank.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

For whatever reason, the two magical morningstars in the game always end up being a big part of a character build in my playthroughs. Usually not my main, but either Pallegina or another tank.
Because the morningstar modal is great (as the club and to a lesser extent flail) and the abilities the morningstars get are both great too. Also, they have nice synergy with a barbarian if you bring them too.

I almost always have Eder with a club in at least one loadout and my pal Pallegina the paladin with a morningstar in another. They not be my every day weapons but I want to have them available.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Pike Modal is really awesome, particularly in the early game.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

Because the morningstar modal is great (as the club and to a lesser extent flail) and the abilities the morningstars get are both great too. Also, they have nice synergy with a barbarian if you bring them too.

I almost always have Eder with a club in at least one loadout and my pal Pallegina the paladin with a morningstar in another. They not be my every day weapons but I want to have them available.

As someone who almost always makes his main a barbarian...yep that's it :) I forgot about that great Barbarian lower of deflection-or-fortitude power

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Can you switch inventories in combat to load out weapons that actually harm creatures? I run into that a lot. Not sure how to spec with only 2 weapon slots. For my tanks I've always got a bow and a pistol usually as their second weapon but I'm thinking I need to change it so that they have slashing damage and crushing damage.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Can you switch inventories in combat to load out weapons that actually harm creatures? I run into that a lot. Not sure how to spec with only 2 weapon slots. For my tanks I've always got a bow and a pistol usually as their second weapon but I'm thinking I need to change it so that they have slashing damage and crushing damage.

Nope, once combat starts you're stuck with what you have equipped in their slots. I usually use a different type in my second slot to avoid that, or a different combat role. After you get a few levels I rarely find it worthwhile to have my melee troops switch to a ranged weapon. There just aren't enough times where the utility of a weapon they don't have skills for is worth it, imo, compared to the times switching Eder from dual-wielding damage to tanking as needed is useful.

For what it's worth, war bows do best of slash/pierce. And I still think guns should do best of pierce/blunt.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

If you're playing turn based and not opposed to mods, I do suggest the "switching weapons doesn't cost a standard action" mod, which makes it a free action but imposes a minor to-hit penalty for the round you switch. I think it encourages flexibility :)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah I think I'll switch to having different types of weapons for Eder and Palligrina so their not using bows at all. What's a good two handed piercing weapon for Palidin?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

For what it's worth, war bows do best of slash/pierce. And I still think guns should do best of pierce/blunt.

Guns are just pierce. A mod grants them best of blunt/pierce, but that's not by default. Both bows are best of slash/pierce. Arbalests, crossbows and guns are pierce only. Wands/rods/scepters are whatever, idk

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

Guns are just pierce. A mod grants them best of blunt/pierce, but that's not by default. Both bows are best of slash/pierce. Arbalests, crossbows and guns are pierce only. Wands/rods/scepters are whatever, idk

Yeah, I mean that as guns should, not that they do. The various spellcasting things all have weird varieties and i rarely use them anyway.

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I think I'll switch to having different types of weapons for Eder and Palligrina so their not using bows at all. What's a good two handed piercing weapon for Palidin?
Estocs jump to mind. Greatswords do slash/pierce so if your primary is a blunt weapon you will have that three covered. Morningstars do blunt/pierce which is a great combination as many of the things immune to pierce are weak to blunt and vice versa. Pikes I haven't played with much in deadfire and their extra reach doesn't help much with a person you want tanking.

Personally I gave Pallegina a morningstar to cover blunt/pierce since her other loadout was a shield and Sasha's Singing Scimitar, and mornginstars are nice in general. And Pallegina doesn't put out that much damage, so giving her a weapon that can debuff fortitude by -25 if you need to land a good spell that targets it is nice.

E2: I wish there were more better pollaxes. Mixed damage type, good penetration, and a nice tanking modal (less damage, more engagement) to boot. And I think pollaxes are cool, but it's hard to beat a morningstar in Deadfire.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 10, 2023

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

If you're playing turn based and not opposed to mods, I do suggest the "switching weapons doesn't cost a standard action" mod, which makes it a free action but imposes a minor to-hit penalty for the round you switch. I think it encourages flexibility :)

That's the point of the Black Jacket subclass though. They already got nerfed in turn based, and giving everyone their signature ability would just step over their purview.

Though I suppose if you wanted to see a Black Jacket in full effect, you'd really have to play it in real time since they're one of those subclasses that lost its potency when translated to turn based. On RTWP, the ability to instantly swap weapons is so underrated and can for instance be used with some item knowledge to nullify the maluses and boost the bonuses of Berserkers, provide spike damage for Ascendants, or become literal damage multipliers for Soul Blades. While the Tactician fighter subclass may offer a strong advantage with their triggerable, personal source of the Brilliant inspiration, I think Black Jackets are the king of metagame potential, for my money at least.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

That's the point of the Black Jacket subclass though. They already got nerfed in turn based, and giving everyone their signature ability would just step over their purview.

Though I suppose if you wanted to see a Black Jacket in full effect, you'd really have to play it in real time since they're one of those subclasses that lost its potency when translated to turn based. On RTWP, the ability to instantly swap weapons is so underrated and can for instance be used with some item knowledge to nullify the maluses and boost the bonuses of Berserkers, provide spike damage for Ascendants, or become literal damage multipliers for Soul Blades. While the Tactician fighter subclass may offer a strong advantage with their triggerable, personal source of the Brilliant inspiration, I think Black Jackets are the king of metagame potential, for my money at least.

I am willing to sacrifice the black jacket subclass for this overall quality of life improvement:)

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Hey, it's a single player game so do your thing. I would just say instead of modding something first, consider what seems like limitations as an opportunity to engage with the various systems in ways that the game already provides. While I'll never fault someone modding in like extra damage types or turning weapon swapping into a free action (and I wouldn't be able to give a full throated defense to some of the imperfect parts of this game's turn based design anyway), it's factors like these that distinguish the plethora of unique gear and subclasses and make them fun to explore.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
more importantly than if it's king of the meta or not: blackjackets are insanely cool

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
if that's my mod then the idea was that the accuracy penalty for the instant weapon switch is steep enough that black jackets not getting that penalty keeps them distinct and gives them an advantage. Not that it matters in this case bc hollis is on PS4

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

2house2fly posted:

if that's my mod then the idea was that the accuracy penalty for the instant weapon switch is steep enough that black jackets not getting that penalty keeps them distinct and gives them an advantage. Not that it matters in this case bc hollis is on PS4

My issues is that it's the free action part that is the quintessential, and perhaps only, defining feature left over for Black Jackets on turn-based mode, especially with how anything related to action speed and action economy gets lost in translation from its original real time designs. I appreciate the intention of trying to make things balanced, though. I think turn based definitely still needs some tweaks and another design pass. Even then I don't envy the designers that task since some things are simply not going to convert over easily, which I don't expect given turn based mode wasn't even balanced or designed from the ground up at the start of development like real time was. I think your half health mod for turn based is a good mod, incidentally.

Lady Radia posted:

more importantly than if it's king of the meta or not: blackjackets are insanely cool

Lore-wise, I just love the flavor and concept of a warrior who's trained with multiple weapons and is able to bring an arsenal to bear in a given fight. I think it also plays out in the gameplay mechanics and there's a slew of effective weapon combos that make you feel like a tactical genius with Black Jackets and their seemingly modest ability to swap weapons instantly. Here's a few sample weapon combinations that hopefully shows this:

Reload weapons: the simplest and most obvious use of being able to instantly swap weapons without recovery is going pirate-mode and carrying multiple ranged weapons with reload such as arquebuses, arbalests, or braces of pistols and and then swapping to your next weapon while canceling/ignoring reload completely. This even allows you to use the Aimed Shot arquebus modal for extra accuracy without suffering the stiff reload speed penalty, or the arbalest modal for having an at-will, guaranteed interrupt locked and at the ready whenever you need to stop an enemy caster from getting off a spell. This a good tactic for multiclassed Ciphers, especially Ascendants, who'll benefit from the spike damage and can build up, if not max out, their Focus at the start of combat by firing off an opening volley of shots one after the other.

Kitchen Stove: another gun but deserves special, separate mention due to its amazing Thunderous Report weapon ability which is an AoE cone that does tremendous blunt/fire damage. Because it's a weapon ability and not a normal auto-attack like the above reloading weapon types, you still have recovery but Black Jackets can use this with the least opportunity cost and be able to amplify their damage output by just using this per-encounter ability in every fight. Again, Black Jacket/ Ascendant Ciphers would really profit here and can reach Ascended state off just this attack.

Berserker buffs: by just wielding Modwyr and Slayer's Claw whenever they activate Frenzy, Black Jacket/Berserkers are able to cancel out their Confuse malus while also upgrading their Might inspiration to Tier 3. These effects will still persist if you switch over to another weapon, making them the perfect buffing tools every time you need to use Frenzy. They're also decent weapons in and of themselves, with Modwyr having a strong per-encounter Stun attack and Slayer's Claw having another per-encounter ability that lunges you forward to knock down your target. This is a great one-two punch for bypassing formations/enemy engagement to disable a threatening backliner.

Whispers of the Endless Paths: Soul Blades can max out their Focus and then use WotEP to attack multiple targets when they want to use Soul Annihilation, making it a really efficient use of Focus. Similarly, Rogues can apply their debilitating affliction Strike abilities to debuff multiple targets, and Monks can use Stunning Surge and increase the likelihood of getting a crit refund against several enemies. For any Black Jacket multiclassed with casters or classes with decent Intellect score, WotEP's per-ecounter Run Through attack would apply a heavy hitting and long lasting prone attack. Black Jackets themselves also have great potential with this weapon due to their active abilities Tactical Barrage to increase their Intellect and the weapons attack range/size and also Vigorous Defense which can stack with the deflection bonus of Mirrored Image from Wizards/Tricksters/Waelite Priest multis for a tanky counter-attacking build. Otherwise, a great weapon to use whenever you want to apply attack ability effects to multiple targets and then swap out for a more damaging, single-target weapon since its lower base damage only evens out when attacking several enemies at once.

Spellcasting supplements: As a martial/caster multi, there are certain weapons that work better as 'statsticks' which you might want to have equipped in your hands just to supplement your spellcasting, then Black Jacket swapping to a more effective weapon sets when you need to go bash some heads. Griffin's Blade gives a universal spell damage boost. Marux Amanth gives Priest spells a chance to echo/repeat their just casted spells. Sasha's Singing Scimitar lets Chanters empower an invocation and refund their phrases. Lover's Embrace, when upgraded, has a chance of giving your caster Frenzy when it crits against male/female targets (this applies to all crits when wielding the weapon by the way, not just weapon attack crits, so it's really effective on spellcasters with large AoE spells). All crossbows give a universal hit-to-crit conversion when wielded, even to spells. Blightheart when soulbound to Wizards give them a Corrode lash, and gives soulbound Chanters +1 Phrases upon kills regardless of the source so you could cast an invocation that kills multiple targets and immediately refund its cost.

On Engagement bonus: the unique shield Bronlar's Phalanx gives you an Intellect inspiration upon first engaging an enemy. It can also be upgraded to increase your health regen and armor rating when you're at low health at the cost of making you immobilized. Black Jackets can at-will control the situational aspects of this shield based on whether they need to turtle up up or move about. Magistrate's Cudgel, when soulbound to a Fighter, gives a random armor, penetration, or recovery bonus when you engage an enemy. This effect persists when you swap over to a different weapon set, and can be refreshed at will when combined with an offhand weapon that increases engagement slots such as a spear with the modal activated.

Recovery/defensive bonus: after you've made an attack and are recovering from your action, you can swap to a shield to increase your defenses at no opportunity cost. Even better, you can pair that with Squid's Grasp, which makes you unflankable and has an enchantment that increases your action speed when surrounded by enemies that stacks with the similar recovery speed bonus from the Fighter's Mob Stance ability. Another way of increasing recovery speed is wearing the Reckless Brigandine and using shields and weapon sets that give you engagement such as Last Word, Kapana Taga, or spears with the modal active. Even though you're stuck in recovery after an action, Black Jackets can still be "active" during this period by freely swapping over to a setup that increases their defenses, locks down more enemies with engagement, and increases their recovery speed to get back into the fight sooner. I love this Black Jacket setup because it does something no other class or subclass can do.

The Willbreaker: with the morningstar modal active to debuff Fortitude and its innate ability to debuff Will, this is a great weapon to swap to and soften up enemies and help the spellcasters in your party land their spells. You can then swap to a more damaging weapon while its debuffing effects spersist.

Lance of the Midwood Stag: when you reach half health while holding this pike, it casts Woodskin on you. This effect further synergizes with itself when upgraded by giving you a flat out +2 universal power level just from being under the effects of Woodskin, which is huge. Great for a Blood Mage, Berserker, Monk or Streetfighter who all play around with their health levels/use their health as a resource and can swap to this weapon for the added survivability and power boost when they find themselves at low health.

Engoliero do Espirs: normally, this weapon imparts a malus to your attributes when you wield it which gets turned into a bonus after you kill someone. Black Jackets can skip the malus part by waiting for an enemy to be near death and then swapping over and killing them with Engoliero do Espirs to reap all the benefits. The health-returning Ghost Blades spell that it casts upon kills is really great and scales with weapon quality and other bonuses. This is a great weapon to use to clean up the battlefield, and works well with Black Jacket/Berserkers who can chain kills with their barbarian passives and heal up their self-damage.

I think that's enough :words: but it's by no means a comprehensive list. Hopefully it gives an idea of what kind of crazy things you can get up to with a Black Jacket.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Woohoo I finally made it to level 10! I did some quest where I had to go to a light house and deal with these serpent people. There was a option I'm sure in the light house to resolve things peacefully, but I was so pissed off at fighting all these serpent people that I just attacked and killed them.

I just discovered how to upgrade armor for my group so I'll focus on that for a while trying to at least get everyone into exception gear.

The only problem I have with the enchant thing is that it shows the icon but not the name of what you need.

I'm going to wait one more level before going back and trying to kill that giant grub.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 11, 2023

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I just watched my friend, playing the endgame for the first time, first try every single mega-boss except sigilmaster (though this was turn-based with half health mod so less of a grind)

It turns out that making every single party member a rogue multiclass is pretty busted, getting about 170% bonus damage before buffs and equipment (sneak attack scales with power level for 30% base plus 100% ish, deathblows is another 50%) and that is always on because of persistent distraction + flanked, let alone one of the many, many debuffing attacks rogues have

Also, oddly, he didn't see the golem megaboss use its big rain of fire attack, I wonder why? I didn't bother with that one because all the meteors fall between turns in turn-based and it wiped my whole party, but I did beat the mage and spider super boss.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn does this game crash a lot on the PS4 I think its crashed like a dozen times so far.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Goddamn does this game crash a lot on the PS4 I think its crashed like a dozen times so far.

Are you on windows XP or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

rocketrobot posted:

Are you on windows XP or something?

I don't think the PS4 runs on Windows XP.