Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

In Stevie’s “good” season in Denver he:

Completed 46.5% of his passes
Averaged 6.4 yards per pass attempt
Averaged 124 yards per game
Was sacked on more than 10% of his pass attempts
Improbably lead the league in 4th quarter comebacks with 5

He was awful.

He did give us this though

And this

And this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSASALNZUA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Hendon Hooker is the best quarterback in the draft

I’m sorry that is a really strange way to spell Stetson Bennett

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Maxwells Demon posted:

Wasn't Mitch Trubisky also a college QB that college fans thought wouldn't pan out and then got drafted much earlier than he should because of hype from draft analysts?

I saw him play Greyson Lambert in person and demonstratively seem like the lesser of the two, so yeah

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

YOLOsubmarine posted:

In that case I think the main sentiment among skeptics was that he was getting hyped ahead of Watson (and to a lesser extent Mahomes) because he was white.

Watson had something like 900 yards, 8 tds and one turnover in back to back title games against a defense full of future NFL players, won one, and the bears didn't even interview him because they thought he couldnt play

I'm still mad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

Watson had something like 900 yards, 8 tds and one turnover in back to back title games against a defense full of future NFL players, won one, and the bears didn't even interview him because they thought he couldnt play

I'm still mad

I mean, in the end, the people of Chicago were better off for it. Especially the masseuses.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I think we all knew Manziel was gonna end terribly off the field, but I could see a very late 1st round/2nd rounder as a gamble.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

KKKLIP ART posted:

I’m sorry that is a really strange way to spell Stetson Bennett

lmao

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

tebow’s mechanics and footwork were beyond hosed

richardson at least could be fixed (don’t know about that vision though)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It is a bit of a homer take, but I have read a bit about how Heupel's offense might not get Hooker looked at favorably because there isn't a ton for the QB to do pre-snap in terms of protections or adjustments. I don't know enough about it to say either way.

I do know that they gave Stet full control to check in or out of plays at the line.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

https://twitter.com/bucees/status/1645388856261312512

Huh. I didn’t even know this was in the cards let alone up and open now. That’s the what, 4th location in the state? That’s still the most outside Texas afaik.

The real question now is if/when Tuscaloosa gets one. I don’t see it happening frankly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Y'all really making SEC country hospitable for us

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Hendon Hooker is the best quarterback in the draft

its gonna be funny when this turns out to be completely true in hindsight

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Warbird posted:

Huh. I didn’t even know this was in the cards let alone up and open now. That’s the what, 4th location in the state? That’s still the most outside Texas afaik.

The real question now is if/when Tuscaloosa gets one. I don’t see it happening frankly.

Never say never, there's one in the pipeline 20 minutes outside of Madison.

That's Madison, Wisconsin not Madison, Alabama.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cool, now I can go to two Buc-ee's when I drive from Atlanta to Gulf Shores in a couple weeks.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I want to hate Buc-ee's 'cause it's purestrain Texan but I can't bring myself to do so. They compensate their employees reasonably well all things considered.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Buc-ee's has the most Satanic aura I've ever encountered and not in a good way.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hail Beaver!

(I have a friend that enjoys going out and setting up worship at the shrine of Buc-ee. It's pretty phenomenal).

I'd kill for some Buc-ee's brisket right now up in CT, though.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

They do have a golden calf beaver outside their locations--

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Warbird posted:

Big time recruiters advantage realtalk

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Quitting my job and moving to Auburn ASAP.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Warbird posted:

well, there's the one in leeds which is just far enough to keep me from driving there every week

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Hail Beaver!

(I have a friend that enjoys going out and setting up worship at the shrine of Buc-ee. It's pretty phenomenal).

I'd kill for some Buc-ee's brisket right now up in CT, though.

The one I stopped at was outside of Waco which probably didn't help. The bathroom felt like it was from a Kubrick movie. There was a lost child in a tiger onesie named Maverick. It was also full of Oklahoma fans coming back from the Alamo Bowl.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Warbird posted:

My boss just brought in two containers of their cookies that are like rum and molasses.

One container is almost empty

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

People who leave their vehicle at the pump while they go inside the Buc-ee's for an hour should be dragged to their car, welded inside, and the car towed to an on site crusher.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

We were all very wrong about Josh Allen, but hes the exception not the rule, Richardson does not deserve to go as high as he will. Levis either, there are honestly maybe just the 2 legitimate top of the first round QBs this year and everything else will be desperate teams reaching convinced they can fit a square peg into their round hole.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sash! posted:

People who leave their vehicle at the pump while they go inside the Buc-ee's for an hour should be dragged to their car, welded inside, and the car towed to an on site crusher.

There's a hundred million billion pumps at each Buc-ees, are they all being occupied at the same time?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You can get gas at a Buc-ee’s? Wild. I might try that the next time I stop by.

I love that the only one in the Carolinas exists dorky because of the amount of people going to/from Myrtle Beach. The fastest route from Charlotte takes you right beside it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't know what buc-ees is but sash is right

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Judgy Fucker posted:

There's a hundred million billion pumps at each Buc-ees, are they all being occupied at the same time?
if we were talking about the Bucees on I-10 in Luling TX, yes, they often are, and I think the suggested punishment for leaving your car at the pump is harsh but fair

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

a neat cape posted:

I don't know what buc-ees is but sash is right

Yeah I didn't really disagree on principle I was just kinda flabbergasted at the thought that every pump at a Buc-ee's would be used at the same time

Blotto_Otter posted:

if we were talking about the Bucees on I-10 in Luling TX, yes, they often are, and I think the suggested punishment for leaving your car at the pump is harsh but fair

And, well, here we are

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

Warbird posted:

I love that the only one in the Carolinas exists dorky because of the amount of people going to/from Myrtle Beach. The fastest route from Charlotte takes you right beside it.

On my next trip to Ohio State South how much extra time should I allot to get the full Buc-ee's experience?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

drewhead posted:

On my next trip to Ohio State South how much extra time should I allot to get the full Buc-ee's experience?

A minimum of an hour, 90 minutes to be safe.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Judgy Fucker posted:

At Warner Robins, yes.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Sash! posted:

Yeah that's my biggest pet peeve about Buc-ee's, trying to find an open gas pump

Warbird
May 23, 2012

drewhead posted:

Nystral is right, about an hour and change to stand around and gawk, pee, choose some things to eat, and checkout.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The Buc-ee's in Florence, SC is exactly one tank of gas from my Northern Virginia home, so I've rapidly become acquainted with it on my numerous trips to the Savannah area.

I like the little cotton candy Buc-ee mints that are in no way mint.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kliff to USC as QB Coach

doesn't solve the whole defense thing

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m still laughing at the draft rumors swirling so hard around a less productive UF QB than Jeff Driskel.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I’m still laughing at the draft rumors swirling so hard around a less productive UF QB than Jeff Driskel.

Driskel might be the blueprint for Anthony Richardson, QB who looked mediocre at Florida and then did better once he left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

ESPN mid day programming was on in a restaurant I was at today and they were doing a draft preview where they compared Young to a short Joe Burrow, Richardson to Cam Newton (!) and will Levis to Carson Wentz. Poor Will Levis