Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The ability and presentation is great, I just didn’t like the solution to beating Jailhouse Lock that much.

Planet Waves was cool as a straight up brawl in a part that didn’t have a lot of those up to that point, but wasn’t that special to me otherwise outside of the toenail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Finally finishing DMD and holy poo poo they got Woolie for the final episode, this is going to be a treat.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I figured Larry was just doing A Bit, as is his wont.

Larry hanging around scuzzy people purely to make ruthless fun of them is on brand for him, yes.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Lo-Fi Girl channel is doing an ARG?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfKfPfyJRdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVPTGNGiI-4

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 11, 2023

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Can't wait for the 2.5 hour Nightmind retrospective with wild speculation barely supported by the original material :shepface:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/BennettTheSage/status/1645574419967021056?t=zA7s1G_QxZkh2_aXUviFhQ&s=19

I wonder if he got a job offer in the industry. I hope whatever it is that it works out for him but I will be sad if it means the channel slows down or ends. Sage has been one of the longest running content creators that I've followed and he's pretty much the only youtuber who discusses anime in a way that doesn't make me cringe. I'd be sad to see him go.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 11, 2023

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

Can't wait for the 2.5 hour Nightmind retrospective with wild speculation barely supported by the original material :shepface:

Ngl mate don't know what you talking about.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Nightmind is a YouTuber who makes long-form videos about internet horror series and ARGs. At least in the videos of his I watched he devoted a lot of time to his own tenuous theories about unexplained parts of the series he covered, though admittedly I haven't watched him for a while now since I got tired of that genre.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Just quickly checked out one of his recent videos and his voice sounds much less like Microsoft Sam than it used to. Good for him. Another few years of practice and he might sound convincingly human.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
is nightmind one of those youtubers with the obnoxious bass-boost on his voice

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Mr.Radar posted:

Nightmind is a YouTuber who makes long-form videos about internet horror series and ARGs. At least in the videos of his I watched he devoted a lot of time to his own tenuous theories about unexplained parts of the series he covered, though admittedly I haven't watched him for a while now since I got tired of that genre.

I know night mind just not seeing where you're seeing when it came to your post.

Impermanent posted:

is nightmind one of those youtubers with the obnoxious bass-boost on his voice

No not at all. Apparently that's just how he sounds.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

nightmind does some speculation and the like in his videos for sure, but i still find him useful for finding new little horror things online and catching details i missed in my viewings. i certainly prefer him to "so-and-so EXPLAINED" content

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nightmind's worst quality is composing 25% or more of his video with unedited video from the thing he's talking about.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think night mind's worst quality is (was?) probably whatever unpleasant boundary issues shook out between him and Nyx Fears a while back actually.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
no it's the first thing

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

DoctorWhat posted:

I think night mind's worst quality is (was?) probably whatever unpleasant boundary issues shook out between him and Nyx Fears a while back actually.

I had no idea they were friends?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

NM did pioneer a certain kind of voice on creepy stuff videos, and sometimes that pops on videos that try to connect "creepy media" and "documentarian" type people and you end up hearing Night Mind voice on videos about like, someone dying on camera.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Spectrum Pulse takes a break from music reviews to lay out the decline and fall of (Decline and) Fall Out Boy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPyqtbsuA2c

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The talk of salvaged food a few a pages back makes me think of a long while ago when I took a friend to go see a movie at a restaurant theater nearby. She was here on a work visa from a particularly poor area in india, and when the movie ended and we got up to leave, she saw the leftovers everyone hadn't taken with them. some dishes ordered and then never touched, entire pizzas from birthday parties still on the pan, unceremoniously dumped into the rolly-bins the employees wheeled in. She started sobbing, asking me how we could waste such perfectly good food, why America is so wasteful. ever since then, whenever I go there, I salvage whatever leftovers that don't have a bite out of them or whatever after the movie ends and most people have left. At the time I started doing it, I worked alongside a few guys who lived out of their cars or were otherwise homeless. They were extremely happy to have the opportunity to have a packed full take-home container of chicken wings, mozzerella sticks, sandwiches, burgers, waffle fries, tacos, buffalo tenders etc basically on-demand, admittedly pub food, but they didn't mind that they were leftovers at all. I'd often bring 3-4 entire pizzas left from the birthday parties there to work and just put a sign saying "leftovers, have at it" and it'd all be devoured in no time.

I remember seeing The Force Awakens on opening weekend in a packed theater there, and walking out of there with over 40 pounds of uneaten food, enough to fill half my fridge jam packed. At the time my mom had been going through a lot of medical complications that were expensive and also cost her her job, so we had basically no money because I was covering all the expenses, but I could load up on a week and a half's worth of food from one trip to the theater. Just wild amounts of wasted food, and that's a single theater and a single showing.

Most people in the theaters who were still around when I went to salvage stuff were understanding or recognized that hey, it's a good thing not to waste food. Only had two incidents otherwise, one drunk redneck dude(undoubtedly a Trumper in the making) glared me down the entire time I was going around the theater, the only other person in there at that point, staying with his food specifically until the wheely bins came around and purposely dumped his plate in the bin to deny it to me and called me a thief as he left. the other was a young employee who didn't understand the concept of not wanting to let food go to waste. Like, I explained it to him and he stuck his arms out and got in my way, this was his heroic stand. So I went around him and continued along while he tried to rush the wheely bin around to trash as much food as he could before I got to it. Some people just exist on spite alone, or have some complex that I'm "cheating" by taking leftovers that people don't take home with them.

And an ex-roommate of mine would tell me about the ridiculously stringent rules when they worked at dunkin donuts, how they HAVE to specifically dumpster the old donuts and other food, no letting people take the stuff headed for the bin for free, and it'll cost them their job if they disobey.

I hesitate to say "the cruelty is the point" for that sort of thing, but at this point it kind of is, especially if they made a law allowing it without legal repercussions. Though I guess donating tons of donuts to shelters probably isn't good for people.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah it's a real shame hearing about stuff like that. I had to work at food bank for a while as part of a welfare thing and the woman that was running it was constantly trying to make deals with local business to get them to donate their extra breads and stuff in exchange for promoting them or even personally contributing as a volunteer for their own fundraising events. She even managed to convince the pizza shop across the road to donate freshly made pizzas to the weekly social meetup she was running upstairs.

She had a real heart of gold and really cared about every person that walked through the door, and of all the places I've ever worked that was one of the few where I really felt like it was actually helping people.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
One of the last retail jobs i had was with Whole Foods, and after working with a regional grocery chain for years, it blew my mind when I started at WF that they had no issues donating old product to local food banks, while I had been told by the regional chain for years that they couldn't for legal reasons. I can't speak for WF now post-Amazon buyout, but it shocked me at the time that a national chain was willing to do that

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

A dramatwat YouTuber made a vid about a friend/member of Mr Beast's team who's transitioning and loving good on him for his response.

https://twitter.com/MrBeast/status/1646552879136636936?t=HcCbiG4rzdh9e2ufp9zTeQ&s=19

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Kim Justice posted:

A dramatwat YouTuber made a vid about a friend/member of Mr Beast's team who's transitioning and loving good on him for his response.

https://twitter.com/MrBeast/status/1646552879136636936?t=HcCbiG4rzdh9e2ufp9zTeQ&s=19
So loving creepy to be this invasive because a friend of a YouTuber became more outwardly gender-nonconforming.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
One might say he flew too close to the sun this time, but I have seen the warning signs with that guy a while ago.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Guy with historical profile picture an easy sign for an ignorant jackass.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It's absolute easymode to get a following from drama.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Shinji2015 posted:

One of the last retail jobs i had was with Whole Foods, and after working with a regional grocery chain for years, it blew my mind when I started at WF that they had no issues donating old product to local food banks, while I had been told by the regional chain for years that they couldn't for legal reasons. I can't speak for WF now post-Amazon buyout, but it shocked me at the time that a national chain was willing to do that

same lol, i was sold the same line my whole life. everyone lie to me

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I commented elsewhere with this observation, but that dramatuber's work is perfect if you want to feel like the Sun, if the Sun was on the state to start fusing Iron.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think I recognize his thumbnail style, he did a video a while back on the "primitive building" channels, right? Shame about that, that was a good video exposing them.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Big Joel made some videos about how lovely SunnyV is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfSgRN1ZTgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSqsQuWIjMg

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
New Dunkey exploring a weird roblox thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuK3dS4N2_A

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Genuinely not sure which mechanics are actually in the game and which are jokes

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I think it's both. These kids are shitposting at levels that we couldn't imagine.

Also that really is the video that just keeps on giving.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

fun hater posted:

same lol, i was sold the same line my whole life. everyone lie to me

lol it's wild. I don't even necessarily believe most of the people who spread that lie did it maliciously; the version of it that I was given makes a kind of sense ("if we give them bad product and people get sick from it we could be liable") and I bought into it because yeah, companies don't want to be sued, I get it. I totally get how it became so pervasive within the industry

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirR4FHY2YY

Jacob Geller just posted his darkest video to date.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

SimonChris posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirR4FHY2YY

Jacob Geller just posted his darkest video to date.

Did you see this on Patreon or something ahead of time? The video's almost an hour long but it was only posted like 40 minutes ago.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Shnakepup posted:

Did you see this on Patreon or something ahead of time?

Yes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Cringe Corner with Abby on where they slag on a TERF Daily Mail Article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzUtEcGluA

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

achillesforever6 posted:

Cringe Corner with Abby on where they slag on a TERF Daily Mail Article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzUtEcGluA

Having not followed twitter, the 'twist' about the woman who got targeted by the Daily Mail article caught me off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Everyone else is surely more well informed than I am but Some More News has now done a piece on the recent escalating rate of derailing trains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2n9ov3l4zE