Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1645565347167186945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I missed out. Public hangings of whom?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

grittyreboot posted:

I missed out. Public hangings of whom?

https://twitter.com/HamasakiLaw/status/1645267883516370945

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Not sure if it's funnier with or without context:

e: lmao beaten

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Killing three or four people every two or three months doesn’t seem like it worked

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Lol I forgot about her meth poop tweets.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Vigilantes hanging people a hundred years ago in San Francisco?

I’m sure that all of these people were hardened criminals and not simply lynched for being black or Chinese. :thunk:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

But you see, crime would plummet for months after the manic bloodlust of the lynch mob was temporarily sated and numerous minority families packed up and left town so obviously something was working

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Capital punishment stops crime. It's why when we had capital punishment there was no crime. Read a book.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I would simply pass laws that stop crime

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Killing three or four people every two or three months doesn’t seem like it worked

I mean that's barely a mass shooting, gotta step up the game a bit.

Hobbes
Sep 12, 2000
Forum Veteran
Dinosaur Gum

credburn posted:

No, he's the -- the um, the Moke one, I guess.

Oh poo poo, is that a slur? It sounds like one...

It is an actual slur in Hawaii at the very least

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Look at this monster

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Some crime is extremely important for the economy

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BioEnchanted posted:

"OBEY WARIO! Close the gender pay gap and encourage more women into STEM careers"

Wario does personally employ a diverse staff and pays them all with equal reluctance and stinginess.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

oldpainless posted:

if you criminalize crime then only criminals do crime

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Some crime is extremely important for the economy

The "economy" is one giant crime comprised of innumerable subcrimes, perpetrated on the poor and the marginalized.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

if everybody was executed there would be no crime

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

if everybody was executed there would be no crime

... go on.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

oldpainless posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1405874241514442754?lang=en

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
When pickpocketing in London was punished by hanging, the giant crowds around public hangings were a favorite target of pickpockets.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kazil posted:

if you criminalize crime then only criminals do crime

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1405874241514442754?t=MqniFO5kdLnA3D0LdwIPbQ&s=19

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Publicly naming and shaming because this guy just got arrested for kidnapping, forcible confinement, drugging, raping, and physically assaulting multiple women from my city on a rural property near-by for a couple of years.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Air Skwirl posted:

When pickpocketing in London was punished by hanging, the giant crowds around public hangings were a favorite target of pickpockets.

See? That's a self-sustaining economy!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Publicly naming and shaming because this guy just got arrested for kidnapping, forcible confinement, drugging, raping, and physically assaulting multiple women from my city on a rural property near-by for a couple of years.

how many loving one syllable words did this motherfucker misspell

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Coolness Averted posted:

No, it's a hack, because it bypasses calling Marta or someone else from the help abd having them do it. She also has legit videos teaching other reptilians how to do stuff like boil water.
If you just transcribed things this real person has said and done and inserted her in a movie or sitcom it would read as too on the nose.

This feels like a Kevin Sorbo stroke induced brain damage thing.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Silly Newbie posted:

This feels like a Kevin Sorbo stroke induced brain damage thing.

She's a fabulously wealthy heiress, apparently, so she probably sincerely thinks this is a useful guide

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Aww man I missed racist wizards of the coast chat.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Splicer posted:

Aww man I missed racist wizards of the coast chat.

Don't worry another'll come around in a minute

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Grand Wizards of the Coast

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Air Skwirl posted:

That's such a Discworld-rear end idea.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Grand Wizards of the Coast

:lol:

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Terfy writer declares JK Rowling innocent and a heroine! But the idiocy doesn't stop there.

Someone questions why she is claiming to write for PinkNews, (UK LGBT+ News Site) leading to vague allusions and demands that they ask the PinkNews Owner/Editor/Founder.
When the said owner/editor/founder weighs in - citing the only article she had published was in 2014, she then begins to talk about her contract which guarantees it never be taken down, saying she agreed it with his predecessor. Turns out her claim to write for them in her bio is based on submitting unsolicited, free-to-publish articles.

I understand why you might exchange shirty 'honour the contract I've made up in my head' emails with someone, but why the hell put it on twitter for everyone to laugh at you?

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Man, it sucks that the one person given the task of deciding for us all whether JKR's a transphobe is a self-described "Ravenclaw RadFem".

https://twitter.com/ejrosetta/status/1620099932127641606?lang=en

"Lesbians everywhere" apparently being only this one TERF.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I'm a bi woman, so maybe this isn't my place to get offended on behalf of lesbians, but...am I the only one getting REALLY pissed at "actually lesbians"? The implications there are some nasty gatekeeping bullshit, on top of the blatant transphobia.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

kinda reeling at “no seriously i couldn’t find any evidence of a public and proud TERF being transphobic” tbh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean if you are also a terf or sympathetic to them then everything they say probably sounds very reasonable. A major plank of their rhetoric is that they aren't transphobic and people calling them transphobic are just trying to silence them for their very reasonable concerns.

Much like "racist" a lot of people who are that thing, do not self identify as that thing, because they are aware that the thing is publicly regarded as a bad thing to be, and thus their thing-like thoughts must be something other than the actual thing, because they, of course, are not bad people.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Rockman Reserve posted:

kinda reeling at “no seriously i couldn’t find any evidence of a public and proud TERF being transphobic” tbh
I have the sneaking suspicion they weren't looking very hard.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"I'm not transphobic because phobic implies afraid and I'm not afraid of trans women (except when it comes to bathrooms apparently)" is one I've seen used. It's the same poo poo JKR used a few weeks back where she tried to rules lawyer someone because they said she was saying she was the target of a witch hunt. She claimed she never actually used the phrase witch hunt (despite being directed to a podcast she was on about being the victim of modern day witch trials).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Of course JKR isn't the victim of a witch hunt. No-one has ever tried to throw her in a river!

Hmm, maybe we should try that...