Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

No Wave posted:

Man that is not fair to SFU. Show had its issues but Nate's sister even starts laughing when he narms because it's so confusing and out of nowhere. And it fits absolutely perfectly into the narrative into the show as it goes on.
Buddy, you're complaining about an example on a TVTropes article page, they're lucky when they hit 50% accuracy.

Unless that's :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you lost as soon as you clicked the clearly labeled tvtropes link.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DarkDobe posted:

I enjoyed the first game a great deal, and this one keeps the majority of the formula with lots more puzzle solving and maybe too much traveling point to point. You do unlock a 'fast travel' later in the campaign but if there was one thing I'd change it would be to cut down on the in-system flight times. Please. Just let me fly faster from point to point.

There is a light challenge for each system that when completed, let's you "fast-forward" when autopiloting in-system. Reduced the point to point travel time by about 75%.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Runa posted:

It's a decent game on sale, I just thought it was pretty funny how the dev thought they really had something going with the storyline of generic cut-and-paste* protag guy whose name I could probably look up. He's prominently featured in the key art of the second game.

*yes I realize the irony here

me when I read people aren't excited to see me back for the sequel

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Neat, Exoprimal is coming out on Gamepass day one (7/14). Game looks dumb but probably fun with friends and this makes that actually possible for me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wish it was just PvE and not PvPvE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Runa posted:

I wish it was just PvE and not PvPvE

drat I didn't know that. I actually know almost nothing about the game now that I think of it other than Capcom and robots and dinosaurs. Should be fun for a gamepass lark though.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/290100/Bulwark_Falconeer_Chronicles/
Bulwark is currently a demo but for what's here so far it's a super chill city-building airship blow-upping oddball of a game.
Very pretty, though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/290100/Bulwark_Falconeer_Chronicles/
Bulwark is currently a demo but for what's here so far it's a super chill city-building airship blow-upping oddball of a game.
Very pretty, though.

That’s certainly a pivot for that uh series I guess? Still, could be pretty cool.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I'd played a bit of Remnant after getting it for free on EGS a while ago. I bought it on steam today. I basically paid 24 dollars to not have to open the epic launcher. To my surprise, the steam version automatically recognized and used the save from the epic version. That was an unexpected bonus. I wasn't very far into the game and it's been so long I might want to start over anyway, but still pretty cool.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I loved the first Remnant and they released some footage of the second one recently and have been thinking about maybe what I want isn’t in fact exactly more of the first game. I think I’d be feeling that less if the area they showed wasn’t just the exact area from the first game with UE5 shininess but it’s odd to think about. Guess I do want at least a little iteration there.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Mr. Trampoline posted:

I've been playing the 1.0 release of Everspace 2 for 10 hours and I think the grind is severely overstated, people just see the Perks menu and think they have to have them all now when they seem like something you gradually unlock over the course of the game. I've just been flying around in the second star system doing quests and jobs and I get better equipment and lots more money naturally.
I think it needs a bit of tuning in the early game, especially going from Ceto to Union. The first main boss (and one of the worst mandatory fights in the game) is a headache if you're not the exact level they want you to be when you stumble into it, and you'll hit Union at level 7 unless you do practically all of the side missions in Ceto which is too low to progress without a massive difficulty spike. I ended up going back to Ceto and grinding just to level up, which is a worse time than having to grind out upgrade materials in my opinion.

If I have to do the same for another area I won't keep playing, especially considering I was already going out of my way to do all of the distress calls etc. The main mission itself should be enough to match the main mission's level recommendation.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

skeletronics posted:

I'd played a bit of Remnant after getting it for free on EGS a while ago. I bought it on steam today. I basically paid 24 dollars to not have to open the epic launcher. To my surprise, the steam version automatically recognized and used the save from the epic version. That was an unexpected bonus. I wasn't very far into the game and it's been so long I might want to start over anyway, but still pretty cool.

It's got good world design and fun co-op. Difficulty scaling can be fiddly in multiplayer, though.

Orv posted:

I loved the first Remnant and they released some footage of the second one recently and have been thinking about maybe what I want isn’t in fact exactly more of the first game. I think I’d be feeling that less if the area they showed wasn’t just the exact area from the first game with UE5 shininess but it’s odd to think about. Guess I do want at least a little iteration there.

I'm with you there. Continuation of the story isn't exactly drawing me in either.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OzFactor posted:

It is a fun space shooty game inside a pre-Hades roguelite framework. I feel like Video Game Society at Large had not really figured out metaprogression in run-based games at that point.

edit: for clarity, this is me saying no, not worth it

Here's my pro-tip on how to properly implement meta-progression in your video game:

DON'T

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

The Gripper posted:

I think it needs a bit of tuning in the early game, especially going from Ceto to Union. The first main boss (and one of the worst mandatory fights in the game) is a headache if you're not the exact level they want you to be when you stumble into it, and you'll hit Union at level 7 unless you do practically all of the side missions in Ceto which is too low to progress without a massive difficulty spike. I ended up going back to Ceto and grinding just to level up, which is a worse time than having to grind out upgrade materials in my opinion.

If I have to do the same for another area I won't keep playing, especially considering I was already going out of my way to do all of the distress calls etc. The main mission itself should be enough to match the main mission's level recommendation.

I dunno if it's just that I'm playing on Normal and you're on a harder difficulty, but I flew around Ceto doing some side missions and jobs but not all of them, and then I went in and killed the first big boss in one attempt. If he was supposed to be a hard or frustrating boss I didn't feel it, aside from his special shield gimmick. Levels definitely went up in the Union area but that just meant I avoided the areas that had the purple "much harder area" symbol on them. Sure sometimes I get blown up super fast by random raiders in Union, especially now that they have access to bigger gunships, but sometimes the answer was just equipping a different gun or device in my inventory

Considering there are side quests in Union that take you back to Ceto it seems intentional by the developers to have you go back and forth a bit, if only to trade goods between the systems.

I don't really consider having to do some side quests to meet the power curve grinding though, that just seems... expected? :shrug: It'd be weirder to me if I could just blast through the main story and never touch a single side quest and be perfectly on curve the whole time

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Gromit posted:

Wishlisted Everspace 2 after some posts here making it sound like something I'd get into, but that means I need to ask about the first Everspace. Is that worth getting as well?

I'll go against the grain and say yes, it's worth it, but with some caveats. First, it's a run based game, so don't go there if you're after an open world experience. It's all about going through an FTL style map set of nodes and winning the run or dying, then doing it again. It's very pretty, the combat is basically Descent but in open space instead of a mineshaft, there are three different ships to choose from, and there's even some degree of exploration/puzzle on some map nodes.

Now the game has two main issues:
- it's a metaprogression game, so there's no balance. You start ridiculously weak, and should you end up grinding everything you'll be obscenely overpowered. There's a wide and comfortable middle-ground in there which is likely where you'll end up, but there's no way around it: the first dozen runs are going to feel poo poo, which is exacerbated by the existence of "increased loot%" upgrades which you'll likely want to prioritise, pushing your actual ship upgrades even further in time.
- there are only so many nodes, and after a while, you'll be a bit too familiar with them, making all runs feel very much the same despite randomisation. Thankfully, the DLC addresses that big time, adding plenty of new nodes, new weapons, a fourth ship, and a good few NPCs with quests that take place over multiple runs. It adds some very much needed variety to the game and I would purchase the DLC asap if/when you played enough of the base game to know that you're enjoying it.

I like it a lot, but I won't lie: the first few runs tested my patience as metaprogression is an absolute plague on gaming. So is leveled/tiered loot, but that, at least, is absent from the first game where Corrosion Missiles are just Corrosion Missiles and will wreck the poo poo out of enemy corvettes every single time. If you like run-based games and think you can deal with the early grind, it's a very neat game which costs the same price as Vampire Survivors during sales.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Stranger of Paradise is loving amazing. It's really up there with Nioh 2 in terms of gameplay. The combat is incredibly satisfying, especially once all the mechanics click for you, and it's also nice to not have to constantly watch out for souls-like bullshit, like you have to in Nioh.

The story threw me for a loop. I don't want to say much but it ended up being extremely not what I was expecting from the beginning and also, I'm generally a big fan of a well executed Chekhov's Gun.

Great game, overall. Easily my favorite Final Fantasy gamer, not that the bar is particularly high.
It's just a shame it took so long to get the performance into a playable state and it's still not great.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Mr. Trampoline posted:

I dunno if it's just that I'm playing on Normal and you're on a harder difficulty, but I flew around Ceto doing some side missions and jobs but not all of them, and then I went in and killed the first big boss in one attempt. If he was supposed to be a hard or frustrating boss I didn't feel it, aside from his special shield gimmick. Levels definitely went up in the Union area but that just meant I avoided the areas that had the purple "much harder area" symbol on them. Sure sometimes I get blown up super fast by random raiders in Union, especially now that they have access to bigger gunships, but sometimes the answer was just equipping a different gun or device in my inventory

Considering there are side quests in Union that take you back to Ceto it seems intentional by the developers to have you go back and forth a bit, if only to trade goods between the systems.

I don't really consider having to do some side quests to meet the power curve grinding though, that just seems... expected? :shrug: It'd be weirder to me if I could just blast through the main story and never touch a single side quest and be perfectly on curve the whole time
I'm also on normal, but that first boss sets a checkpoint that you can't escape from if you're low on hull or armor, so I had to attempt it 6 or 7 times to complete it. My weapons shredded him whenever his shield was down but having to toss drone parts at him from close range was taking me from 100% shield, 20% hull and 100% armor down to 0% in one pass. I got to Union at either the very tail end of level 6 or start of level 7 and even the main mission was purple, and I definitely didn't rush through the main mission in Ceto either - the only things I skipped were the side-missions from that one guy (rescue miners, etc) and any off-the-path unidentified areas, but I did absolutely every distress signal or unknown signal that popped up. I put another 2 hours into Ceto to get to level 9 just to equalize after that.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Thanks for the info on Everspace, those who posted it. Doesn't sound like the first one is my cup of tea, so I'll skip it. Cheers.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Ever so timely , I Just finished the last Doom:Eternal DLC and now my hand hurts and my eyes are glazed , what a tedious final fight .
Story wise, feels like ID just wanted to finish this thing and move on . Hopefully we will know what they are cooking now soon .

No context ancient gods part 2 ending cutscene :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwea0LZQe9k

admataY fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 11, 2023

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

been playing a lot of Deadlink lately and it kicks a ton of rear end. Its basically a cyberpunk rougelite Doom Eternal. You play as a shell, or combat robot, for each run. Each shell is a discrete class with 2 guns and 2 abilities and one type of grenade. There are currently only 3 in the game. The starter one comes with a shotgun and rocket launcher, and can use a grapple hook that only works on enemies as well as the ability to throw out a mild aoe stun.

Every ability, and the grenades, can "mark" enemies and marking is super important. Marked enemies will first get stunned, and then will take extra damage. In addition, once you kill a marked enemy, they will drop some armor pickups, which is (nearly) the only way to get more armor. Killing a marked enemy also adds more ammo to your weapons. The primary weapon has infinite ammo, but needs to be reloaded which can be very slow, so getting a few extra bullets in the mag is super useful. The secondary has a small pool of ammo, but that is easily refilled by pickups in the arena and killing marked enemies.

Marking is a great mechanic that really incentives the player to use every ability constantly and keep moving from enemy to enemy. The pace of the game is quick, with each room being a small combat arena with respawning pickups and jump pads. The player can dash and double-jump, but they are surprisingly slow, so using the movement abilities and memorizing the jump pads is vital for keeping ahead of enemy fire. Once you get used to the controls, its easy to get into a flow state, kinda like Doom Eternal, and move from enemy to enemy, obliterating them and showering in armor and ammo pickups

The runs themselves can also be augmented with cool upgrades. There are several kinds. The most common are the boring "pick one of these upgrades from a list of three". These are mainly stat upgrades that come in randomized groups like "+5% damage, +10% elemental damage". Some of the better ones will come with downgrades to health like "+10% damage, +20% shotgun damage, -5 shield". These arent too exciting, but can help refine a good build.

The next level of upgrades are the shell and weapon upgrades. These are unique passives that can drastically change how the weapons and abilities are used. One of my favorites is for the grapple hook. It resets the cooldown on it if you kill an enemy that was hooked recently. This can let you chain grapples and wipe out whole groups of enemies in seconds. Weapon upgrades are usually adding some kind of element to it, like electricity or fire. Oh yeah, there's elemental damage in this game with each element being useful against specific types of enemies and some skills activating elements in unique ways like causing everyone thats on fire to explode

The final kind of upgrades, and the coolest imo, are the ability upgrades. These upgrades are able to be slotted into one of four different categories and will activate depending on what category you slot it into. The categories are weapon swapping, abilities 1 and 2, and breaking c-balls, which are pickups that are scattered around the arena. So if you get an upgrade that makes it so your next shot will light someone on fire, you can slot it in the weapon swap category and have it activate whenever you swap weapons. In addition, each upgrade also has a passive bonus too that is active at all times. You can also level up the upgrades and get additional benefits at higher levels. There is a staggering amount of variance and im still finding neat builds that do crazy stuff when I use my abilities

My biggest gripe with the game so far is the lack of content. Runs are pretty drat short and there are currently only 3 areas with a main boss for each one. It launched into Early Access last October and it will likely be that way for at least the rest of the year. The developer has been consistent with adding new shells, levels, bosses, and other content, so thankfully it doesnt appear to be abandoned, but even if they filled out their roadmap, it looks like it will still be a bit content-lite. What's there is very high quality, though, and I'm really looking forward to what they will add. Hopefully the game does well enough to justify post-launch content. Id even pay for some dlc if it adds good stuff. I try to avoid EA stuff for this exact reason, but Im glad a took a chance with this one cause its a lot of fun

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 11, 2023

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

admataY posted:

Ever so timely , I Just finished the last Doom:Eternal DLC and now my hand hurts and my eyes are glazed , what a tedious final fight .
Story wise, feels like ID just wanted to finish this thing and move on . Hopefully we will know what they are cooking now soon.
I was so disappointed with Doom: Eternal. It's predecessor was everything it should have been. Eternal just took the gimmicky bits and made them mandatory. Need ammo? Use your chainsaw (except when you can't). Need armor? Use your flameblecher, you know the button you never use. Need health? Punch a flashyboi. None of this felt good. After the 100th glory kill to restore my dwindling health after a series of bullshit jumping puzzles, I was done.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the new 3D Desktop Dungeons remake (Desktop Dungeons Rewind) will be given to owners of the original game for free when it releases on the 18th

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

the new 3D Desktop Dungeons remake (Desktop Dungeons Rewind) will be given to owners of the original game for free when it releases on the 18th

That’s pretty cool.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Looks like gamepass also got the proper release version of Everspace 2 now, so I'm giving it a spin. Looking quite a bit more interesting than the first part so far, though I can't help but cringe a little a the absolutely most generic white-bread character design of the protagonist.

Also, a random thing that jumped out at me: The main non-hostile characters so far were named Adam, Ben, Calahan, and Dax. At this point I'm expecting the next one to be called Ethan or something. :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

unruly posted:

I was so disappointed with Doom: Eternal. It's predecessor was everything it should have been. Eternal just took the gimmicky bits and made them mandatory. Need ammo? Use your chainsaw (except when you can't). Need armor? Use your flameblecher, you know the button you never use. Need health? Punch a flashyboi. None of this felt good. After the 100th glory kill to restore my dwindling health after a series of bullshit jumping puzzles, I was done.

Eternal was what they wanted to do with 2016 but couldn't finish, and it's amazing.
It's just a spectacle fighter and not a shooter, but people who just wanted a shooter have a buttload of those to choose from.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

For Everspace 2, is there a way to see what your actual max range is with a weapon? I'm using a scout that also has the +30% range passive and the Expertise stat also increases your weapon range on that ship. It's amazing with Rail Guns since the ship special adds 4% damage per 100m to the target and with all those multipliers I can shoot from 6.9km away thanks to the Marksman modifier on my current Rail Gun lol.

...The problem is the tooltip/pop-up info still only shows the base range of the gun. So it says 4.5km but I can actually make shots up to 6.9km. The only way I found that out is by picking a stationary target and slowly backing away until my shots wouldn't land anymore. From what I can tell there was no other way to figure out what your actual max range is. Using a good-old fashioned calculator gives you a rough estimate but it seems to undercount as I'm guessing there's some fuzzy math going on in the background.

I can definitely recommend Everspace 2 if you're looking for Diablo-lite in space. I honestly didn't like it at all when I started out because the starter ship and weapons sucked, but after trying out a few different ships it started to click and I'm having a blast. So I'd say just push through until you get to the first ship vendor, make a save before you buy anything, then try out a bunch of ships/weapons until you find one that works for you. I almost gave up on it because it was not enjoyable for me in the beginning but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I get why some people didn't get along with Eternal (although I feel that there's a huge misconception over how much it forces you to play like it wants, mostly due to over-tutorialization) but Doom 2016 never felt like much to me. If it wasn't a long-awaited return to form for id and a bit of tasteful deference to a sacred IP, it would just be a decent shooter. I only finished 2016 one time because after about Kadingir Sanctum it starts to feel real samey and I don't like the unlock system. I've already played through all of Eternal twice (haven't got the DLC though) and I will probably do it again.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Volte posted:

I get why some people didn't get along with Eternal (although I feel that there's a huge misconception over how much it forces you to play like it wants, mostly due to over-tutorialization) but Doom 2016 never felt like much to me. If it wasn't a long-awaited return to form for id and a bit of tasteful deference to a sacred IP, it would just be a decent shooter. I only finished 2016 one time because after about Kadingir Sanctum it starts to feel real samey and I don't like the unlock system. I've already played through all of Eternal twice (haven't got the DLC though) and I will probably do it again.

DOOM 2016 was still a very fun game for the year that it come out in. The market for arcade shooters was very poo poo at the time, besides Wolfenstein New Order, you didn't have much IIRC, and the Glory Kill system was rarely seen in games before DOOM 2016 and it has a big positive effect on the core gameplay.

I distinctly remember DOOM 2016 being so good that it ruined other similar shooter for me. I couldn't deal with Wolfenstein New Collossus' gameplay for example, despite enjoying the hell out of New Order, because it's mechanics just felt bad in comparison and made me want to play more 2016 instead.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 11, 2023

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

as a Frogwares enjoyer, I never thought this day would come...

a Frogwares game actually getting a good Metacritic score

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Hakarne posted:

For Everspace 2, is there a way to see what your actual max range is with a weapon? I'm using a scout that also has the +30% range passive and the Expertise stat also increases your weapon range on that ship. It's amazing with Rail Guns since the ship special adds 4% damage per 100m to the target and with all those multipliers I can shoot from 6.9km away thanks to the Marksman modifier on my current Rail Gun lol.

Your HUD will tell you -

This one is reliable - it's just up to you to read how far the enemy is when that reticle appears:
1) When you target an enemy, the actual 'shoot here' reticle (the round one) will not appear until they are in range of your selected primary weapon

I'm not sure this one actually takes modified ranges into account but:
2) When you SWAP to any weapon, it will show the maximum range along with the name of the weapon at the bottom corner of your hud (this goes for primaries and secondaries)

You can get some ridiculous ranges on weapons when you stack up passives, marksman catalysts, and long range weapons.
I just wish cruise missiles could roll with the 'Deal more damage the longer the missile has been in flight' perk - when you are shooting them 6 km, they can take 20 seconds to reach the target.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 11, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The 7th Guest posted:

Oh dang that's rad

I was all ready to pay money for that, I played way too much of the original

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

DOOM 2016 was still a very fun game for the year that it come out in. The market for arcade shooters was very poo poo at the time, besides Wolfenstein New Order, you didn't have much IIRC, and the Glory Kill system was rarely seen in games before DOOM 2016 and it has a big positive effect on the core gameplay.

I distinctly remember DOOM 2016 being so good that it ruined other similar shooter for me. I couldn't deal with Wolfenstein New Collossus' gameplay for example, despite enjoying the hell out of New Order, because it's mechanics just felt bad in comparison and made me want to play more 2016 instead.

Yeah, 2016 was in a lot of ways fairly basic, but the fundamentals were absolutely rock-solid. It managed to create a great flow and rhythm where you could just zoom through arenas and annihilate enemies at will. New Order is a particularly rough comparison, since that one decided to make the player markedly more vulnerable, leading to much slower game pace. It fit in terms of story and theme, but did not make for particularly fun gameplay.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

DarkDobe posted:

Your HUD will tell you -

This one is reliable - it's just up to you to read how far the enemy is when that reticle appears:
1) When you target an enemy, the actual 'shoot here' reticle (the round one) will not appear until they are in range of your selected primary weapon

I'm not sure this one actually takes modified ranges into account but:
2) When you SWAP to any weapon, it will show the maximum range along with the name of the weapon at the bottom corner of your hud (this goes for primaries and secondaries)

Aha, yeah number 1 seems to work but number 2 does not. I sorta noticed that first trick with other weapons but it's more subtle with the Rail Gun. Number 2 was what I looked at first to try to get the range. Thanks!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I really liked Eternal's base game but even I found the DLC to be tedious as all poo poo and I kind of started to hate and resent the game by the end of it. It's a case where I genuinely wish I never bothered with the DLC because it tainted my good time with the base game and now when I think of Doom Eternal, I just think of really bad and frustrating memories.

The Doom Eternal DLC is the TNT Evilution to the main game's Plutonia.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the dlc makes me think that id had the wrong idea about what made eternal good

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The 7th Guest posted:

as a Frogwares enjoyer, I never thought this day would come...

a Frogwares game actually getting a good Metacritic score

Holy poo poo

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I really liked Eternal (in a different way that I liked 2016 but still) enough that I went back and 100%d all collectibles, but I watched someone play the first 30 mins of the DLC and noped right the gently caress out. I'll just replay Eternal if I get the itch, the DLC looks miserable.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
For the record, I loved Eternal its just the DLC's that felt like they were out of ideas and just added annoying new enemies to drawn everything out . But maybe the problem Is me taking almost 2 years from finishing the main game to finishing the Expansions .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I liked 2016 a lot, but have never gotten myself to play past the first few missions in Eternal. The first time I quit, it was the cutscenes. I steeled myself and tried again and got further, but it never really clicked with me. I think I remember jumping around a snowy or icy level, if that sounds familiar. I don't know if it was too many buttons to push, or what, but that game just didn't draw me in like 2016 did.

I also have an incredibly low attention span for games and it's rare for me to finish even ones I like before getting distracted by something new, so that's not necessarily the game's fault.