Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Taibbi and Musk really deserved each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

i'll have you know when i went yesterday to downtown i was attacked by at least 5 conservatives.

Yeah but they just shoot you and it's over soon. The trans people can slap you back to the stone age and deliver insults that you will remember forever. You have to carry that poo poo.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I figured Musk saying Taibbi was an employee of substack was his drug addled brain trying to understand a subscription service

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

You'd figure a journalist would have a more accurate way of saying how he's paid for his work

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

teemolover42069 posted:

I think what's more notable about it is that the guy who owns twitter didn't want to use twitter to communicate

LMAO, this is it, right here. Cope and seethe, Musksuckers

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

An insane mind posted:

Taibbi and Musk really deserved each other.

This was published only 6 years ago lol

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wait so he's seriously trying to claim that Substack was trying to clone Twitter's database and use it to pre-populate their Twitter clone? Ie. they were trying to download a billion tweets and then push them to their own database for ... why exactly? What purpose would this serve? None of the users in those tweets would exist, and if they also scraped Twitter's user information, none of the users would be real people, and people wouldn't just be able to claim their Twitter user accounts on Substack's system. None of this makes even a loving bit of sense.

This is all of course ignoring the fact that unless Twitter's API is loving nightmarishly bad, Substack would never even have direct access to Twitter's databases to scrape anything from there.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That would also involve copyright violations on the scale of hundreds of millions of victims and many thousands of times. It would be corporate suicide.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wait so he's seriously trying to claim that Substack was trying to clone Twitter's database and use it to pre-populate their Twitter clone?

OK imagine literally anything that Elon Musk does or tweets, followed by a smash cut to this gif

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Maximum lols is if Musk just goes ahead this week and renames Twitter “X”

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645684041264529408?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Most divorced guy ever renames company X.

X-treme x-husband energy?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You know, because he's an idiot, he will make an 'x gun give it to ya' joke

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sankis posted:

That would also involve copyright violations on the scale of hundreds of millions of victims and many thousands of times. It would be corporate suicide.

I think the only thing that would make sense is if they migrated your tweets to Notes when creating an account there.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I guarantee you he renamed it X so he could have the xfiles

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Nah, it's a thing he's had since the late 90s. My man is obsessed with the letter X.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Let that Xink in! :elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon:

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

My man is obsessed with the letter X.

Her name is Grimez

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Infinitum posted:

OK imagine literally anything that Elon Musk does or tweets, followed by a smash cut to this gif

:hmmyes:

I just think it's wild that this dude can sit there 24/7 basically doing the tech equivalent of "you see the reason I stabbed that man was because he was using fluoride to steal the adrenochrome from my shoes" and instead of people laughing at him, a train of equally clueless dick riders applauds him for being the best developer ever and single-handedly landing a rocket on Mars and inventing electric cars.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
How in the world do you become obsessed with an English letter to this point? This must be a witches or wizards curse.

Bathroom wall in one of the mansions just covered in poop X's.

The cleaning lady sighs... "great, again".

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Nah, it's a thing he's had since the late 90s. My man is obsessed with the letter X.

X girlfriend
X wife

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

armpit_enjoyer posted:

A great url to have. Now completely worthless in an age where search engines and apps mean most people don't even know what an url is

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ratjaculation posted:

A great url to have. Now completely worthless in an age where search engines and apps mean most people don't even know what an url is

if he had it his way paypal would have been called x.com and never have been sold for billions of dollars

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Infinitum posted:

You know, because he's an idiot, he will make an 'x gun give it to ya' joke

hopefully he does it on video with the song and DMXs estate sues him

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cable Guy posted:

X girlfriend
X wife

X fortune
X fame

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The most telling and entertaining thing for me is that even the simplest, base motivation for being in a relationship with Musk, greed, isn't enough for friends and lovers to stick around the world's richest man

Anyone who got even remotely close either couldn't hang (Grimes) despite being just as weird and insufferable as the man himself, completely excised him from their lives for being so unlikeable (his trans child), or were inevitably abandoned by him over slights (Taibibibi, Sleeping Bag Lady and others)

Like, that hootenanny of moolah should be enough to get the most desperate hangers on to get their lamprey jaws on his apartheid anihliator, but he's hosed both ways: too paranoid for gold diggers to get near, too unlikable to ever have a close relationship with anyone but his mummy

Every day you, the reader, are more loved than the person who Capital tells you should be the happiest man in the world

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Songbearer posted:

The most telling and entertaining thing for me is that even the simplest, base motivation for being in a relationship with Musk, greed, isn't enough for friends and lovers to stick around the world's richest man

Anyone who got even remotely close either couldn't hang (Grimes) despite being just as weird and insufferable as the man himself, completely excised him from their lives for being so unlikeable (his trans child), or were inevitably abandoned by him over slights (Taibibibi, Sleeping Bag Lady and others)

Like, that hootenanny of moolah should be enough to get the most desperate hangers on to get their lamprey jaws on his apartheid anihliator, but he's hosed both ways: too paranoid for gold diggers to get near, too unlikable to ever have a close relationship with anyone but his mummy

Every day you, the reader, are more loved than the person who Capital tells you should be the happiest man in the world

Maybe he's just very stinky ?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I think that goes without saying

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elon relocated Twitter to Nevada because he is hoping to try the "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" defence when the feds come knocking.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I feel sorry for X.org.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645626887123894273?cxt=HHwWgoDQ_eq7uNYtAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645554326797008896?cxt=HHwWgIC-taK8l9YtAAAA

Gaaahhh. He spends so much time trying to make others think he's some amazing critical thinker who's not afraid to ask questions, when again and again and again he just shows that he doesn't think critically about poo poo, and is just all too happy to parrot misinformation without a second thought.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Just wild that people had less flu diagnoses when they were all staying at home, avoiding personal contact and encouraged to not go to the doctor unless it was absolutely necessary.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

goatface posted:

I feel sorry for X.org.

Maybe when he grows up he can change his name.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Soon they'll be abandoning the germ theory of medicine.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

goatface posted:

I feel sorry for X.org.

Naah. Already planning to go for the Shaggy Defense.

For the memes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645626887123894273?cxt=HHwWgoDQ_eq7uNYtAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645554326797008896?cxt=HHwWgIC-taK8l9YtAAAA

Gaaahhh. He spends so much time trying to make others think he's some amazing critical thinker who's not afraid to ask questions, when again and again and again he just shows that he doesn't think critically about poo poo, and is just all too happy to parrot misinformation without a second thought.

Aghrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

goatface posted:

Soon they'll be abandoning the germ theory of medicine.

Soon?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Forfucksake what do you think happens to the flu when everyone is isolating, masking, avoiding social contact, sanitising? When everyone is protecting against covid which has the same transmission path as the flu? What motherfucker!? What do you think would happen you dumb tall drink of dead eyed stupidity and memes!?

Don’t you just want to grab him by the lapels and scream in his face? I mean he wears tshirts so that probably wouldn’t work, but it is genuinely hard to tell sometimes if he’s trying to push an agenda or if he is just the dumbest motherfucker alive.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

DRINK ME posted:

Forfucksake what do you think happens to the flu when everyone is isolating, masking, avoiding social contact, sanitising? When everyone is protecting against covid which has the same transmission path as the flu? What motherfucker!? What do you think would happen you dumb tall drink of dead eyed stupidity and memes!?

Don’t you just want to grab him by the lapels and scream in his face? I mean he wears tshirts so that probably wouldn’t work, but it is genuinely hard to tell sometimes if he’s trying to push an agenda or if he is just the dumbest motherfucker alive.

All the replies are people saying that flu cases were just diagnosed as Covid for cash.

In the real world we know that's not the case because even in zero Covid times like we had in Australia we also saw a massive drop in flu rates.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Just thick as poo poo. Jesus Christ.

I seem to remember the Ukraine language thing is mostly bollocks too but I can't remember quite how.

Also no one is saying Ukraine is perfect, these fuckers just imagine that's what the left is doing and roll with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I've already fully blocked Twitter embeds, I just need to learn not to click on Musk tweets.

DRINK ME posted:

Don’t you just want to grab him by the lapels and scream in his face?

Yes, if by "scream" you mean "throw acid in".