Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hirez posted:

pretty sure late Nash booked Nitro did the first hour with no wrestling, maybe even the time he did drunk commentary?

e: can a mod change this thread back to WWE yellow tag - having 2 raw threads is giving me nightmares
e2: thx :hai:

Yeah, the first hour of Nitro with zero wrestling.

https://www.wrestlecrap.com/inductions/the-nitro-with-no-wrestling/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cael posted:

I wish there was an easy way to get an answer to this, but I would kill to know what the worst instance of this was. There has to be at least one occurrence of this--if not on Raw then on TNA--where it crept beyond a full hour and I want to know just how much past an hour it went.

There was an episode of Nitro that not only had no wrestling in the first hour, but also did not show the live crowd or the arena.

edit: woops, beating while checking if said nitro even showed the arena

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
:siren:Cody has acknowledged the chicken :siren:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

If any of you listen to the Behind the Bastards podcast, they are working on an episode about Vince.

Probably nothing we have not heard of before but the delivery and the response from someone who has never heard it before will be worth it.

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1645577258680340480?s=20

Oh my God this is a dream episode.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Someone send him the New York 64

Also this (I don't have Twitter) because while Robert is familiar with pro wrestling, there's SO MUCH about Vince that doesn't get talked about that's incredibly heinous. And the 64 is a good spot to see it all laid out.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

I want to know what Cody said about the chicken.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Chris James 2 posted:

Part Time Roman not scheduled for Backlash, it's up to Seth or Kevin to keep the streak alive

Looks like Brock's ending another streak

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

1glitch0 posted:

I want to know what Cody said about the chicken.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1645605861534978048?s=20

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Awesome, although I feel bad for Cody that he offered up his innocence to Brock Lesnar. :(

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Digital Jedi posted:

The rubber chicken is more over than most of the roster

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1645604612307664897

There's no way he actually said this, did he.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I just want to know if he followed it up with "I'm just happy to be here! :haw:"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is Cody’s friend Matt friends with Hunter’s friend Mark

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

Is Cody’s friend Matt friends with Hunter’s friend Mark

Cardona and Undertaker, tag team of the year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That does sound like something Matt Bloom would say, yeah

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So, is the Bloodline just a stable of the Rocks evil relatives?

I'm watching last weeks AEW (first time) and its so much better than what I've seen from WWE.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Pillowpants posted:

I'm watching last weeks AEW (first time) and its so much better than what I've seen from WWE.

yea

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Cody rules. got a chicken thrown at his head in the main event of his life and made it part of the Codyverse. What a pro. too bad he's left carrying this dogshit company while the part timers are off loving.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Cody is never beating Roman cause he has a lisp. Vince hates lisps.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1645577258680340480?s=46&t=W6yjoFdolcgldiEKjjxGRw

Behind the Bastards is a podcast about the worst goddamn people and hooo boy Robert is gonna have to do a six part episode on this one

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
And he beat him, and beat him, and beat him, and beat him, and he beat him, and he beat him, and he BEAT HIM, and beat him, and beat him, and

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

oh my god I hope Robert tries to talk to Meltzer at some point while prepping

he may lose his mind

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tell me what the tweet said by "WrestlingCovers", immediately.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this guy stinks now. Send him back to the Fed

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

They should Cody Rhodes with this guy in winter for he is SALTY

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Surprised to see them run with ‘hey if you throw stuff in the ring we might include it in our promos!’.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They should throw a piano into the ring.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Awesome, although I feel bad for Cody that he offered up his innocence to Brock Lesnar. :(

Did Brock sodomise Cody?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Brock coming out in a giant rubber chicken suit would be the natural successor to old (young?) Brock coming out with the maracas and such

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They still have the Gooker costume.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

They should Cody Rhodes with this guy in winter for he is SALTY

Awful

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cody looks fantastic, you're all just mean.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Beaten to it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....so Solo's finisher is just a thumb to the throat? Like, he actually does that to win matches, not just to interfere or beat people up?

Aren't throat shots, like, illegal?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i also never understood how it doesnt just like shatter his thumb is there a kayfabe excuse for that

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

i also never understood how it doesnt just like shatter his thumb is there a kayfabe excuse for that

It's been taped up a lot.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

cant tape your fists up but you can tape your thumb up into a stiff spike

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i mean technically arent you not allowed to go on the top rope

the spike is lame bc as weve all said it doesnt really make sense but it also just doesnt even look cool or like itd do a lot of damage

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
C*dy acknowledging the chicken is smart, will help make the bit run out faster online.

The problem is that we are in the Vince Everywhere System, so now there's more a chance Vince thinks it's a Good poo poo bit and might have a rubber chicken ready to throw at C*dy after matches; get t-shirts made.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Cody should have set himself on fire and taken a back bump on a chicken if he wanted me to move on. I’m never forgetting that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

i mean technically arent you not allowed to go on the top rope

the spike is lame bc as weve all said it doesnt really make sense but it also just doesnt even look cool or like itd do a lot of damage

no you can you are just outside of the ring so you have a count or your are holding someone on a rope walk and have to break