Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

I AM GRANDO posted:

Shouldn’t Kitty Pryde be excited about a Cats Laughing concert instead? Her liking them is like her most prominent feature, aside from using the n-word on three nonconsecutive occasion.
They’re not playing tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 8, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 1, 1993)

Big Nate

NGL I actually think Nate being a smart kid held back by his own ego is an interesting direction for the character and I like prospect of him to making a friend who appreciates this and can help him pull his head out of his rear end. Sadly Pierce seems to enjoy carefully stepping around the things I want to see happen so it will probably end with Nate having cheated or something and all of this going nowhere.

Blind Alley

Hrmmmm... :thunk:

Dunce

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I AM GRANDO posted:

Shouldn’t Kitty Pryde be excited about a Cats Laughing concert instead? Her liking them is like her most prominent feature, aside from using the n-word on three nonconsecutive occasion.
Wow. She did.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I joked about Better of Dead and Archie but at this point I'm wondering if the movie actually ripped off the comic.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Murdstone posted:

Wow. She did.

Kitty Pryde loves to teach lessons about racism to black people. It is Chris Claremont’s most disturbing fetish, which is really saying something when you think about it.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Mike gets persuaded or Make sure you get twelve grandfather clocks!, or Mike reminisces once more...

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 08, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hempuli posted:

Fingerpori

puhe = speech
puhe = discussion topic (informal; used pretty much exactly like "the talk" in phrases like "the talk on the street is...")
(calling something "4-grain" refers to 4 different grain types being used as ingredients, and it's a fairly common feature here to market a grain product as being moderately health-conscious)

Also,

"puhe on puuroista": "the talk is about porridges"
"puhe on puuroista": "speech is slurred".

Fingerpori

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Sep. 09, 1956)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Comic Strips 2023: I wish I could see my face when I open this letter.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Neither Comics Kingdom nor Arcamax are cooperating today, so no Rhymes.

Get Fuzzy 4/10/03

Brenda Starr 10/5-7/50

Smokey Stover 1/3/54

Only 19 years of Smokey left!

Everyday Movies 4/20/36

"I came over to this party right after the performance and I feel awfully conspicuous without my evening clothes."

This one is interesting -- Wortman doesn't usually do real people in his strip, but I'm pretty sure that's meant to be a portrait of Robert Wadlow, the tallest man ever, who'd just started touring with the Ringling Brothers Circus in 1936.

I'd never heard of Circus Saints and Sinners, but apparently they're a charitable group.

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/3-5/41

Murdstone posted:

I think she's going to use banana skins to lubricate her way through the bars which if true is a very Scarlett O'Neill solution.

Well guessed! And fortunately, we're done with Ping Bong for now.

And now, on to Scarlet fixing a bunch of circus folks' problems!

Good God, this guy has to be like eighteen inches tall.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I know it won't happen, but I would have loved to have seen Invisible Scarlet and this tiny man go on adventures together.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons
Here we go again. :allears:

But do they really need a sales director? It looked like things kept on trucking fine despite the ones who did no work whatsoever for months.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

How can I, a woman with the ability to turn invisible at will and absolutely no regular job whatsoever, help out this circus that's running out of attractions

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

My Lovely Horse posted:

How can I, a woman with the ability to turn invisible at will and absolutely no regular job whatsoever, help out this circus that's running out of attractions

"...Got it! I'll make it look like the little guy is able to pull a quarter from behind the big woman's ear or some poo poo like that, thus saving their marriage."

Just wanna say, I skip K&K 99% of the time, but something about this one caught my eye while scrolling through the thread - and I hate it. For all the hay that's made about what a freak Holbrook is and how he gets so hung up on gaming out the logic of his hellworlds (logic that he immediately ignores when it's inconvenient for a gag even though, again, he's the one making all this crap up) I think we overlook how terrifically unfunny he is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JethroMcB posted:

"...Got it! I'll make it look like the little guy is able to pull a quarter from behind the big woman's ear or some poo poo like that, thus saving their marriage."

Just wanna say, I skip K&K 99% of the time, but something about this one caught my eye while scrolling through the thread - and I hate it. For all the hay that's made about what a freak Holbrook is and how he gets so hung up on gaming out the logic of his hellworlds (logic that he immediately ignores when it's inconvenient for a gag even though, again, he's the one making all this crap up) I think we overlook how terrifically unfunny he is.

his incompetence knows no bounds

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Meanwhile, the bus driver is trying to decide whether he should inform the authorities about his missing passenger who wandered off during the flat tire stop and must have gotten lost in the woods or something.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Woapalanne posted:

Yeah, the better answer is "plow into Cassandra Cat at top speed."
They only do that every other Sunday.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Kitty Pryde loves to teach lessons about racism to black people. It is Chris Claremont’s most disturbing fetish, which is really saying something when you think about it.
This is basically why you can't take the X-men seriously as an story about prejudice: not only are they actually and uniquely dangerous to others in a way the groups they rip off 'allegorize' are completely not, they're always lamenting about they are 300% more oppressed than all the actual oppressed people. If it isn't Kitty using hard-rs at the drop of a hat it's Magneto complaining about how no other group of people in history has been hunted down and exterminated by giant robots as often as they have.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Selachian posted:

Good God, this guy has to be like eighteen inches tall.

Pretty sure that’s Brak’s father.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (May 14, 1935)

Peanuts (April 13, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

RIP, Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 10, 1939)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (July 10-12, 1941; spoilered for the usual reasons)

This is an "abundance of caution" spoiler, because it's a Romani-related "thirty years too soon" panel, with all the implications that come with that.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Pinch-hitting for Vargo.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
I hate Sally Forth.

Modesty Blaise: The Stone Age Caper

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

Wasn't Mark Trail supposed to write an article about bears or something? Oh well. Time for a new adventure!

That was the 3/19 Sunday strip about bears and garbage cans

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Fingerpori

That's just really weak :geno:

ANSU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Well Janis, sometimes love don't feel like it should.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

The Gift of the Magi

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

“Sassin’ frassin’” might be a bit too… elevated? Drawing-attention-to-itself? But I couldn’t resist.

Cthulhu and Girl

Exciting Star-C Castle is a direct riff off Takeshi’s Castle, which I (not having really ever watched the show) wasn’t aware of until someone pointed it out when I originally posted the comic, or I’d have tried harder to make the riff obvious in English as well.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

As long as nobody's forced to perform with one arm and they can write letters.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Well guessed! And fortunately, we're done with Ping Bong for now.
Glorious.

F Minus

Mark Trail

I hope they tell us what he did.

Mary Worth

:shobon:

The Phantom

He's unknown you moron.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/6-8/50

Archie 1/23-25/47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Y'know what? gently caress you too, Sally. You can go into the volcano with your mother.