Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

docbeard posted:

Trump killed the TPP because he thought it was a giveaway to China, making it one of the funniest things he ever did.

it was literally the opposite, but would have been bad lol. he accidentally did a really good thing and tossed years of obama's work in the garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Spergin Morlock posted:

it was literally the opposite, but would have been bad lol. he accidentally did a really good thing and tossed years of obama's work in the garbage

yeah it was a really funny move. I doubt he even thought it was a bad deal/giveaway to China he just wanted to poo poo on Obama

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqlwkibuJkH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Mealtimes have absolutely nothing to do with working in the fields and factories.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/tomthefanboy/status/1645476996242366465

What the gently caress is going on with people making wrong analogies to "no ethical consumption under capitalism"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
in the case of Tom the Fanboy I am very much going to judge a book by its cover

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

logan roy is dead and in hell

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lumpentroll posted:

logan roy is dead and in hell

thread title pls

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Spoiler culture is insane and embarrassing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TrueSlazac/status/1645509472997998592?t=lXTwNE0fA4GLkVGka1mwlA&s=19

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this psycho doesn't understand the joys of recreational digging

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
"Digging a big hole" is one of the most common ways the construction industry exchanges labor for money . These guys just seem to be struggling with the concept of recreation

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

That always makes me mad because Marx literally dismisses that argument like five pages into Capital, well before you get bored and give up

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Lol at globe emojis doing any reading beyond what it takes to fit a line on a chart to their preconceived notions

Most of them probably lose it after two PPT slides

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

this is the kind of shitposting you do when you know something aint right with liberalism but before you actually nut up and read stuff and look back on later and cringe unless you manage to climb without getting owned somewhere along the way and/or you have rich parents

he looks like he's 20 so unless he actually does become an MEP he'll probably get fixed at some point

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cuttlefush posted:

he looks like he's 20 so unless he actually does become an MEP he'll probably get fixed at some point
I read it as MAP like the euphemism that pedophiles use and I was like "how you can you be a future pedophile"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the future isn't very good

https://twitter.com/chheplo/status/1644768774430793728

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I read it as MAP like the euphemism that pedophiles use and I was like "how you can you be a future pedophile"

a child can be a future pedophile

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

hmmm dont like it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Digging a big hole" is one of the most common ways the construction industry exchanges labor for money . These guys just seem to be struggling with the concept of recreation

Just check out the DIY thread by the guy making an L shaped house

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brb updating a bunch of people's wills

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe this is my boomer moment but i think that trapping your elders (and eventually me) in a Deepfake Posting Crystal is like... bad? inherently yucky to the concept of human dignity?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hello... grandson. You're quite good... at turning... me on

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
These people want an superintelligent all powerful AI Daddy to tell them what to do so badly they're going to make their actual dad an AI

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Uploading my grandma to the metaverse

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Flesh Forge posted:

I think it was at least as much that he wanted Bannon's crowd to think he was cool and smart but yeah
hating China was a pretty big deal to Bannon, I don't think Trump personally ever cared about it that much himself
e: trump's main motivators were always vanity and spite, if anyone is seeing anything deeper than that in him lmao

Trump has always had that kind of view on trade and trade deals

like obviously he'd have flipped if he thought it would have helped him but it's the position he would naturally default to

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

From the replies, he did actually back down almost immediately so that either makes the original take better or worse i guess

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Heaven is now being a lovely Tasha Yar hologram forever

No ethical afterlife under capitalism

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
This isn't the first iteration of this concept. There are (were?) companies that let you zombify your facebook, twitter, etc accounts when you die and have them keep posting stuff along the guidelines you provided them.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Trump has always had that kind of view on trade and trade deals

like obviously he'd have flipped if he thought it would have helped him but it's the position he would naturally default to

to other men the trade is a science, to Trump it is an art

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jose posted:

Just check out the DIY thread by the guy making an L shaped house

Oh, I've been checking

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

my dad posted:

This isn't the first iteration of this concept. There are (were?) companies that let you zombify your facebook, twitter, etc accounts when you die and have them keep posting stuff along the guidelines you provided them.

i want this but for SA, except it just makes your account randomly post goatse in the threads you had bookmarked when you died

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe this is my boomer moment but i think that trapping your elders (and eventually me) in a Deepfake Posting Crystal is like... bad? inherently yucky to the concept of human dignity?
I absolutely want to be a Deepfake Posting Crystal when I'm gone

body: environmental toilet skeleton

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

my dad posted:

Herman Cain was a pioneer.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

From the replies, he did actually back down almost immediately so that either makes the original take better or worse i guess

it also shows he was dead serious

projecthalaxy posted:

what if we added sliders so you could simulate them being tortured in hell and you could tune the frequency and variety of their screaming and various other useful tweaks

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Huh, that's funny, I turn this dial all the way over and all it says is "Please let me die"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

The supreme court is going to be composed of 4 humans 4 bots and a swing seat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
More people really just need to learn the way of the knife, that it is complete now because it ended here

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

unironically it should be bots rather than 9 partisan lifetime appointees

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

War and Pieces posted:

Swing seat reserved for the Kwisatz Haderach, a perfect Centrist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

I feel like it says a lot about these people's interpersonal relationships that they feel an AI chat with some text to voice will be a meaningful substitute

Or they're too cognitively simple to pass the mirror test and think the TV has tiny people inside of it