Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
### 2Seed2Furious
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Crystallizer
# 2x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Spirit Bomb
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Hellfire
# 2x (10) Flesh Giant
# 2x (20) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAavABAKPggOE+wMO3Ary0AL40ALx9wL6/gKbzQPXzgPB0QOT5AOI7wOD+wOPnwSEoATnoAQAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Iiiiit's back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Chernabog posted:

If I'm on the last tick of bonelord and my opponent dies to fatigue next turn, I would die first right? Because my opponent just conceded at 1 hp.

Maybe he’s a cool guy that knew you deserved to win.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I was clicking around on the DJ set (lower left) of the new game board and I actually managed to randomly trigger a light show effect, but I don't know how I did it. So, yay?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 6, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Latest brawl is really buggy. Had a board clearing card (forget which) yesterday and it displayed the death rattle for every single minion affected after they died. As in, one would die, every minon's borrowed deathrattle would be shown but not triggered, repeat. Took so long that after I ended my turn my opponent didn't get to do anything until the rope started burning.

Wife had a brawl this morning where every ghoul they summoned with their hero power somehow had a deathrattle to summon a nightmare.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Random mercenaries chat but, serena, what are you doing in a random elite encounter???

She had no abilities and just sat there doing "..."

e:

Meatbag Esq. fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 6, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
My gut instinct is that they were going to have her be the free battle pass mercenary for this expansion at some point before the whole mode got shuttered. Given how previous Mercenaries patches have gone, I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally left the bones of a character in.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Drops are enabled on Twitch again at the moment! And same time tomorrow again I think.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lmao the bots are using expansion decks

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

victorious posted:

Drops are enabled on Twitch again at the moment! And same time tomorrow again I think.

Say what you will, the PR department is on its toes. They are doing one heck of a job to promote this expansion launch the sale of the (mega) bundle.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Drops are back on in the PlayHearthstone channel. Pretty awkward/funny to watch!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

you can do a fireside gathering and open your Festival packs right now

VV yes ONLY open those, the class/standard packs have to wait until tuesday's launch

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 7, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Only open Festival of Legends packs though, other packs wont give you new cards since the expansion isn’t technically out yet.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Also, don't forget about the free EPIC card on Twitch Prime that expires on 4/19.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
A reminder: If you want to maximize your progress on the next expansion track, clear out all your outstanding quests today and then don’t play again until the expansion launch. That’ll set you up with a full roster of quests to earn you twenty or so levels in a hurry.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Some fun decks, dunno how they'll do after the new set:

### Pure Poetry
# Class: Paladin
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Knight of the Dead
# 2x (3) Service Bell
# 1x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
# 2x (5) Carousel Gryphon
# 2x (5) Elitist Snob
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 2x (6) Blood Crusader
# 1x (7) Anachronos
# 1x (7) Kangor's Endless Army
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
# 1x (8) High Exarch Yrel
# 2x (9) Lightray
#
AAEBAZ8FCPH+Avy4A4jeA/mkBLCyBIbiBK+TBYWlBQucrgON4QPw9gPJoATi0wSB4gS55ATy7QSBlgW7lwX/pAUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Making Mummies Quest Pal
# Class: Paladin
#
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 2x (2) Micro Mummy
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (7) The Leviathan
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAZ8FCoIO4KwCoIADk6UD/LgD7Z8E5bAEsLIEm8kE36IFCtn+AqChA6GhA8WhA/KlA/SnA8qrA422A9rZBMDiBAAA
#

### Porkie Pine
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Castle Kennels
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 1x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Fireworks Tech
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (2) Venomizer
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 1x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Revive Pet
# 2x (4) Dire Frenzy
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (8) Da Undatakah
#
AAEBAa/XAwbHD6CAA4uKA/KWA+XvA9uRBAyczQLi9QLv9QLOuAP/ugPq6QPm7gPDgASpnwS9oATXowTS5AQAAA==
#

### EGGZILERATING!!!!
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 1x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Feign Death
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (3) Devilsaur Egg
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ramming Mount
# 2x (3) Spawn of N'Zoth
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Terrorscale Stalker
# 1x (4) Baron Rivendare
# 2x (4) Meat Wagon
# 1x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Vectus
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
#
AAEBAa/XAwj7DpzNAvD1AtS6A4rSA+XvA9uRBLCTBQvHD42vAqvCAtjCAqvQAvKWA8X7A5T8A6mfBNGgBKCZBQAA
#

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

didn't know the botting had gotten so incredibly out of control until I started playing some ranked this weekend and won like 15 games in a row

I knew something was up because I'm definitely not that good

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I started playing again after a long break, just before the mini set came out. Last time I played, the free decks for new and returning players didn't exist so I don't know much about how they work. I've been avoiding ranking up out of the apprentice ranks because I didn't want to get a deck that was 50% cards that are rotating. Should I expect a new line up of free decks to be added as soon as the expansion launches?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
doing an Arena run before the reset tomorrow and how the fuuuuuuuck is Neptulon draftable :wtc:

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Is the thread going to reset for the new Core rotation or will we keep going with this one for now?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

Is the thread going to reset for the new Core rotation or will we keep going with this one for now?

I'm down with a new one. Whoever wrote the OP of this one did a terrible job.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Hearthstone : Festival of dad legends

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Excelzior posted:

Hearthstone : Festival of dad legends

I am stuck at D3-D5 lol

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
So I haven't played this game since like 2018 but I decided I wanted to get back in after blizzard randomly gifted me 150 packs - 75 standard and 75 march of the Lich king packs. If I wait till the new 'year' starts in a few days before opening the standard packs, will they be from the 'new' Core set?

Is there anything I need to know/should do before I ease myself back in? I only care about constructed but I don't mind doing some of the other stuff if it nets me tangible rewards.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

The Lord Bude posted:

So I haven't played this game since like 2018 but I decided I wanted to get back in after blizzard randomly gifted me 150 packs - 75 standard and 75 march of the Lich king packs. If I wait till the new 'year' starts in a few days before opening the standard packs, will they be from the 'new' Core set?

Is there anything I need to know/should do before I ease myself back in? I only care about constructed but I don't mind doing some of the other stuff if it nets me tangible rewards.

Yes wait four hours before opening those packs. hsreplay.net and Viscous Syndicate are the two main sources for meta decks. There's another one as well, maybe someone else can chip in. The meta will be re-balanced from time to time, they are very good now with their balance changes, a much better game than what you played in 2018.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Yes I liked using Vicious Syndicate before.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mayveena posted:

Yes wait four hours before opening those packs. hsreplay.net and Viscous Syndicate are the two main sources for meta decks. There's another one as well, maybe someone else can chip in. The meta will be re-balanced from time to time, they are very good now with their balance changes, a much better game than what you played in 2018.

throwing in hearthstone decks for meta-focused decks, with a caveat

do not look here for fun and creative decks, it's strictly posting decks that had success climbing with (including bait decks piloted by top players)

https://hearthstone-decks.net/

also, d0nkey runs a tracker of the deck lists run by the most popular streamers in addition to the lists that show up on hsreplay

https://www.d0nkey.top/streamer-decks

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 11, 2023

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

Other big changes are dailies award exp that go towards a battle pass, which in turn awards gold among other things. There's now weekly quests that give exp as well. There are a ton of keywords that do all sorts of things that you should read about. There are two new classes with short solo prologues that can help you ease into them. There's a ton of single player campaigns that could help you get used to a lot of the new cards and give you a bunch of free packs (each one takes about 60-90 minutes). All the cards that you got from old regular (non-expansion) packs are only useful in a "classic" mode that few people play and is mostly full of bots, so you'd be fine to dust them. Otherwise, if you never got to legend rank, doing so in the classic mode with an aggro warlock deck is the easiest way to do it.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Tavern pass is out, pretty sure not used to cost 1500 runestones and is now 2000? You get an extra legendary though? Knowing blizzard they are probably screwing us somehow though

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GTO posted:

Tavern pass is out, pretty sure not used to cost 1500 runestones and is now 2000? You get an extra legendary though? Knowing blizzard they are probably screwing us somehow though

This might just be case of your region's pricing going up because of inflation. It hasn't changed price for me(Canadian) afaik

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

They did hike the prices on many countries to make them up to par to US prices (or closer to).

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
second game of the new year, opponent has turn 3 coin hedanis and a 0-mana flash heal from illumination. good game, both teams played hard

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
This is the first expac I didn't preorder packs for maybe ever. I'll see what I can scrounge together I guess but the games just been so swing lately I think I might be over it.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I'm nearly certain that I did the tavern brawl last week, but I had the "play two tavern brawls" daily and it said I hadn't. Gave me a pack. I might be misremembering, or it might be messed up with the new season.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I unwrapped both warrior legendaries and the amalgam I look forward to struggling against bots to make them work.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

There’s actually a lot of cards and decks I’m excited to try out

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Only played a few games so far but Overheal Aggro Priest feels pretty gross

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

man the outcast pool is so much better without the useless 3 mana deal 3/5 to a minion and the 4 mana 4/4 draw deathrattle cards

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

that legendary 6 mana warlock spell is pretty great in chadlock

plus ETC can hide rivendare until you're ready to start the inevitability train

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

this kind of value probably won't be winning games a month from now but it feels pretty good day 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I like the totem.