Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lol ive been subbed to Go Off Kings for over a year now and i had no idea DB and chris had a stitcher podcast, that's wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

lol ive been subbed to Go Off Kings for over a year now and i had no idea DB and chris had a stitcher podcast, that's wild

well they only did one short 'season' and, if i remember db's story right, had some severe issues ever getting paid

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sounds about right for stitcher

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

kdrudy posted:

But not surprising, he's always been pretentious about that kind of thing.

There's his own admitted pretension, and then there's being in the industry for three decades and having a tendency to get really hung up on "logical" quibbles with scripts that enter CinemaSins-level pedantry.

The Senator Giroux posted:

Have you ever listened to Strictly Business? It was a pretty fun short podcast with Drew Tarver.

I guess theres also Lily’s show Going Deep, although I never listened and don’t know if she’s still doing it.

Strictly Business I did listen to at some point but forgot about, and I was aware of but completely missed Going Deep (I think it was debuting right when my old subscription was ending so I didn't want to get invested in it.) Those two and Good Morning Good Morning will get thrown in the download queue.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

scary ghost dog posted:

sure but scott and his coterie are old and have been successful in the entertainment industry, whereas the dropout crowd are really only recognizable from collegehumor videos. i dont mean to say they are drastically different, just that the dropout demographic is younger and more likely to be twitch.tv subscribers

You're right the college humor stuff is definitely a bit more niche and built on the fact that there were people who really connected with the recurring performers but its not like the demographics are much different. The performers on College Humor are literal peers with the majority of the CBB performers and also shared the same stages as they were "coming up" in the comedy scene. Like they're in their 30's and 40's and are of equivalent age to someone like Carl Tart or something.

I would be curious to know what the actual demo breakdown is but I'm guessing its largely something like 28-45 or something.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

There's notable cross-over, too. Vic Michaelis is doing more stuff with dropout. Zac Oyama has been with them forever. Lauren Lapkus, Mary Holland, and Jon Gabrus have done some stuff for them, among plenty of others. The common thread is UCB; the LA comedy scene is as incestuous as ever. If you like CBB world you'll find something on dropout that you'll like - with a performer you know and love - and vice versa.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

ashpanash posted:

There's notable cross-over, too. Vic Michaelis is doing more stuff with dropout. Zac Oyama has been with them forever. Lauren Lapkus, Mary Holland, and Jon Gabrus have done some stuff for them, among plenty of others. The common thread is UCB; the LA comedy scene is as incestuous as ever. If you like CBB world you'll find something on dropout that you'll like - with a performer you know and love - and vice versa.

not to mention rekha's in the Ferns movie

it's a good cast and it seems like Dropout has only gotten better towards performers/staff, compared to the college humor days

eke out fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 4, 2023

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

boxcarhobo posted:

I think Longmont Potion Castle was a guest on an episode which is a crazy get.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Consummate Professional posted:

I think Longmont Potion Castle was a guest on an episode which is a crazy get.

Was it real LPC or the guys that made the movie pretending, like the Twitter account also used to promote the movie?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Couldn’t say, but Chris James is a really good phone pranker so there may be some connections there

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

CBB did really bolster their ranks right before the pandemic. Plenty of the current regulars had been on before, but I feel like the crew that makes up most of CBB World really latched onto the wagon in 2019 or so. The tour was a kind of beautiful cap to that, with most of them doing multiple shows.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I've gone through stages of burnout with CBB, but Scott really deserves a lot of credit for finding new people to reinvigorate the show over the years. Obviously it's to his benefit more than anyone's, as he used to say when people tried to credit him for "discovering" Lauren Lapkus, but it's still been an incredible venue as a listener for discovering new funny people. The most recent hundo ep was when I realized I had to give up on listening to the Mantzoukas/Daly episodes, despite thinking both of those guys are incredible, just because of how stale it feels when they do the same obligatory poo poo over and over again, and it drove home how important it's been that the show has otherwise been willing to evolve, even against the wishes of the fanbase at times.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
good news everyone, if you like to hear the names of NBA players you won't have to wait for this week's TFO because this HH will also got you cover

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Hell yeah I love when they just say the names of players

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I had no idea Adam Mckay had a tremor

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I believe they're called graboids.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Consummate Professional posted:

I had no idea Adam Mckay had a tremor

I thought he was doing the Bill Cravey crazy voice.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I thought he was doing the Bill Cravey crazy voice.

HOW DARE YOU CALL IT CRAZY VOICE

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
In Ridiculous Voice news, Big Grande just launched Exit 43 through their website. 2 episodes every Thursday for the next 10 weeks, $10. Exit 42 is probably my most-relistened Big Grande series so I'm thrilled with this, halfway through the first episode and it's already great.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

In Ridiculous Voice news, Big Grande just launched Exit 43 through their website. 2 episodes every Thursday for the next 10 weeks, $10. Exit 42 is probably my most-relistened Big Grande series so I'm thrilled with this, halfway through the first episode and it's already great.

ooooooooh can't thank you enough for this heads up

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Probably not the thread for it but I tried out drifting off with Joe Pera last night and it cracked me up. It was only 15-20 minutes long too.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Oh, poo poo. Kirk is dead for sure.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

JethroMcB posted:

Excellent

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

yorkinshire posted:

Probably not the thread for it but I tried out drifting off with Joe Pera last night and it cracked me up. It was only 15-20 minutes long too.

The juicy asses line got me good. I'm still pissed his show was cancelled, but the pods been real good so far. I also really like Dan Deacon's music this ep.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

I though new HH feeds were not going to be coming through Stitcher anymore. I still have it updating with the newly released episode. ?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I though new HH feeds were not going to be coming through Stitcher anymore. I still have it updating with the newly released episode. ?

They discontinued new Pro Version episodes on Stitcher Premium and removed the back catalog of Pro Version/Hollywood Masterclass. The mainline show is still a free weekly release across platforms.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Yeah I had the premium feed through stitcher, and it's still there but it had an ad on the last episode I listened to.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I totally didn’t pick up on there being a Joe Pera podcast. As someone who goes to bed with an AirPod in their ear, this is great news.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

JethroMcB posted:

They discontinued new Pro Version episodes on Stitcher Premium and removed the back catalog of Pro Version/Hollywood Masterclass. The mainline show is still a free weekly release across platforms.

Gotcha. I didn't realize that HH regular wasn't paywalled.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I totally didn’t pick up on there being a Joe Pera podcast. As someone who goes to bed with an AirPod in their ear, this is great news.

I guess I didn't catch that either. Will subscribe.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Sarah on HH is a former co-worker’s sister and she rules!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a very special TFOs episode this week

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The HH live shows have been pretty fun, always enjoyed them interacting with fans since the call in shows.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Oh hell yeah, season 6 of teachers lounge showed up in my archive feed

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

If you had to pick ONE episode of Hey Randy to play for someone which would it be? Need to play this for my brother tonight

Edit: I really want to push the dirtbag energy.

The Senator Giroux fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 3, 2023

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Senator Giroux posted:

If you had to pick ONE episode of Hey Randy to play for someone which would it be? Need to play this for my brother tonight

Edit: I really want to push the dirtbag energy.

I really like the episodes with Gerald, Adam Peacock. He's such a pathetic character the rest of the crew really get to dunk on him. I remember really liking the most recent ep, so maybe try there?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The one after the live show where Carissa out the LA improv crew as nasty freaks

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The one where Carissa insists she's pregnant and Randy says that's impossible because they've only been doin' butt stuff and using con-domms for months.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

All excellent choices. I love Gerald but his appearances usually mean no Mary Sohn and she’s so great. The last one is probably a good call, although it sounded like Lily dipped.

What was the one where Tim was just firing on all cylinders? He was conducting them on when to stop and start talking.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hollywood Handbook announced their guest for tomorrow's 500th episode. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Holy poo poo