Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hrist posted:

I heard the movie makes Luigi the damsel in distress (they were too afraid to show Mario being weak after what happened with all the Sonic comics). And I hope Luigi gets a decent movie of his own to make up for it.

Probably just because Luigi is fun to scare the poo poo out of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hrist posted:

I heard the movie makes Luigi the damsel in distress (they were too afraid to show Mario being weak after what happened with all the Sonic comics). And I hope Luigi gets a decent movie of his own to make up for it.

Yeah it seems easy to make that trailer too, one in heros shadow, cowardly brave, always needing help -- uh oh ghost took Mario now Luigi save

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

ive never played a zelda game should i try botw or just dive in to totk which to my untrained eye looks like botw+extra stuff

Get BOTW

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

He's pale from living in his brother's shadow

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They should do a star fox trilogy

If you want to know what a good f zero movie would be like, watch Speed Racer (2008)

Incorrect. Speed Racer is a Mario Kart movie. F Zero is Redline (2009).

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Bug Squash posted:

Incorrect. Speed Racer is a Mario Kart movie. F Zero is Redline (2009).
I couldn't believe that Mister L was Speed Mario's brother all along.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I'm replaying Portal 2 on Switch afrer having first played it on Xbox what seemed a long time ago.

I got to The Surprise. I realise that it could have been way, way worse. Like Chell could have been forced to pick which of her parents live or die or something. So it was a pretty powerful bait and switch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I played through it again last year and was kind of floored that whenever there hasn't been a joke for a while they'd just have one of the characters call you fat. There were so many fat jokes it was weird

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
there was a lot of cut dialogue from glados in the game’s first half that was way more venomous and overtly violent. presumably valve dialed it back in favor of the childish taunts for the sake of the game’s tone, and also because the joke there is really on the super-AI who constantly resorts to neener-neener weight wisecracks

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
An Animal Crossing movie where the lead character, voiced by Joaquin Phoenix, spends 3/4 of the runtime digging up fossils and listening to Blathers (Ian McKellen) explain them in excruciating detail would sweep the Oscars.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Portal 2 ftw

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Hrist posted:

To be honest, if Peach was the damsel it would have made no sense for Mario to be concerned about saving her, considering the main plot of this movie is them just arriving in Mushroom Kingdom and having no clue what's going on at all. Luigi being the one to save made the emotional connection much more obvious.

This makes me wonder if the inevitable sequel will have Bowser actually getting Peach right away, which could (hopefully) lead to the Bros. teaming up to save her because the best parts of the movie by far were the few times they actually were on screen together.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I just made it to world 5-4 for the first time in Super Mario Bros. I lost my last life to the swinging fire trap that had twice the radius I was expecting. For a moment I just stared at the scream in incomprehension.

e:

I meant "screen".

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Took my kids to see Mario, the older one liked it, the younger was bored. No smashmouth, Mario doesn’t bump his head. The flying fish things are in it tho. 3/10

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Pirate Captain posted:

Took my kids to see Mario, the older one liked it, the younger was bored. No smashmouth, Mario doesn’t bump his head. The flying fish things are in it tho. 3/10

Hey now, you're a rockstar.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1645773704939405315?t=ucrWNJY1r_DK5dSDAsqUrQ&s=19

E3 is back!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

An Animal Crossing movie where the lead character, voiced by Joaquin Phoenix, spends 3/4 of the runtime hunting bugs and listening to Blathers (Ian McKellen) panic and fret about them in excruciating detail would sweep the Oscars.

Fixed.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

there was a lot of cut dialogue from glados in the game’s first half that was way more venomous and overtly violent. presumably valve dialed it back in favor of the childish taunts for the sake of the game’s tone, and also because the joke there is really on the super-AI who constantly resorts to neener-neener weight wisecracks

There's one joke early in the game about AI construct operating at very low voltages that only pays off on a second play through after the potato battery scene.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To be honest, if Peach was the damsel it would have made no sense for Mario to be concerned about saving her, considering the main plot of this movie is them just arriving in Mushroom Kingdom and having no clue what's going on at all. Luigi being the one to save made the emotional connection much more obvious.

This makes me wonder if the inevitable sequel will have Bowser actually getting Peach right away, which could (hopefully) lead to the Bros. teaming up to save her because the best parts of the movie by far were the few times they actually were on screen together.

I bet it's 50-50 that they team up with bowser next movie.

...or pull him out completely and make Wario the villain. The first movie has so many big names in it, sequels are only going to get more and more expensive to pay them

"Photo ops"...is Mario gonna be there?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CELEBRATE THE BRAND YOU LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Nintendo.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
same, op

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If that Nintendo Live thing is anything like the Nintendo Live events they've held in Japan expect zero new announcements and various fun activities and tournaments for your elementary-school-aged children. And also hologram concerts like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ETszC6w-mg

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I love Nintendo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I love Nintendo.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Crush Rush posted:

That makes sense, and I agree and all. But I'd rather they just had something else instead. I know Mario's games are pretty much just the same one sentence plot summary every time. But they could have had something else going on to make Bowser the bad guy. And still have some kind of reason for Mario and Luigi to be against him when they arrived. But I guess this was just the easy way to go about the movie. Or they figured it's what people would have wanted / expected to see.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Probably just because Luigi is fun to scare the poo poo out of.

Luigi is braver than Mario, he actually has fear that he must overcome. Mario is a doofus who jumps headfirst into danger without thinking about it

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

BigDumper posted:

Luigi is braver than Mario, he actually has fear that he must overcome. Mario is a doofus who jumps headfirst into danger without thinking about it

:hmmyes:

Luigi has a ton more personality than Mario. Half the fun of Luigi's Mansion is cheering him on as he pushes through

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Hey now, you're a rockstar.

There were so many opportunities to fit that song in, or any of smashmouth’s other great hits such as

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

BigDumper posted:

Mario is a time traveling rear end in a top hat that can't stop pressuring some girl that clearly doesn't want him.

Luigi, one the other hand, is the every man and relatable. He goes home to his decent sized house, has a recliner, probably invests wisely, and has a rad ghost dog. That man is living the dream.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I loving love Luigi's dog

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hrist posted:

Mario is a time traveling rear end in a top hat that can't stop pressuring some girl that clearly doesn't want him.

You mean the girl that's kissed him multiple times, invited him on vacation, and even made him a cake, despite being royalty?

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

I thought the cake was a lie?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Prurient Squid posted:

I just made it to world 5-4 for the first time in Super Mario Bros. I lost my last life to the swinging fire trap that had twice the radius I was expecting. For a moment I just stared at the scream in incomprehension.

e:

I meant "screen".

If you're doing this legitimately serious respect, that game gets tough and I have no shame saying I resorted to the Rewind feature a whole bunch. There's no shame in doing that btw even if it's just to put a save-state at the start of the level which is still a super legitimate way of beating the game, helps deal with the game over nonsense of yesteryear.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Hrist posted:

And she's the atomic bomb, also,

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Not directly switch related but Pizza Tower is an incredible wario land game probably the best one ever made. Wonder if they'll port it to switch?

The art is deranged, the powers are cool, the gameplay is very very similar to wario land 4 but more refined, with better controls and more complex in a good way, and the game is just outright fuckin hilarious. Music goes hard too, I knew I had to pick this one up eventually and I am really glad I did!

This is the kind of game that makes video games feel fresh and novel all over again

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

KingSlime posted:

Not directly switch related but Pizza Tower is an incredible wario land game probably the best one ever made. Wonder if they'll port it to switch?
Sounds unlikely.

The Pizza Tower Steam Page's News Posts posted:

We are also now Steam Deck Verified! So now you can have Pizza Tower on the go, instead of waiting for a port to you-know-where, which I can guarantee you will not come out anytime soon.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
drat, hopefully that means that they are working on it but it's just quite a ways out still. Agreed that it extremely owns on the deck though and with WL 3 + 4 out on switch it def feels like a potential missed opportunity. Ah well!

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's already an unofficial switch port if you have CFW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

You mean the girl that's kissed him multiple times, invited him on vacation, and even made him a cake, despite being royalty?

She would have done that for anyone that saved her. He just happened to be dodging his plumbing job those days. Unlike Luigi. :colbert: