Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Masta is still going, I know quite a bunch of people who are still there and a bunch are still there because of the api change.

Same with Co-host as well, but that's more of a "I need a lighter lj-type thing where I'm not being followed by the world" sort of deal rather than a twitter equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

did journalists flock to mastodon or is that dead

I think the inherently fragmented nature of it means it just doesn't do the same things - as a tweet I saw noted, you see a lot of people telling you that Mastodon is great in general terms but there are never specific examples and precisely none of those people ever crosspost noteworthy content (good or bad)

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
n/m

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Mastodon is dead. Substack has a better chance. A lot of twitter journos also have substack newsletters. I can see fintwit making the jump and if it does twitter is done.
Mastodon is a lot more active than it used to be before Twitter became Elon's shitter, it's just not the kind of super centralized place you will be able to insult a New York Times editorialist.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It's what people wanted in a way, but it doesn't have the sheer giant audience of around a decade and half twitter had. It won't Kill twitter, but its good if you want something less intense. It's like saying that a state tv channel broadcasting farm news and docs is a failure because it doesn't have the same intensity of Imjarons's TikTok channel.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Lol don't hear much about Elon fighting CSA material these days
https://twitter.com/NGrossman81/status/1645476854537818112

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

WHERE'S MY TWITTER CHECKMARK? WHERE'S MY FRIEND KIM?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

there was like a four month window where you couldn’t open the goddamn app without seeing eliza blue poo poo everywhere, now she’s a non-entity. which is great but lol how quickly she shut the gently caress up after cashing in on her grift and then being exposed as having been in a hip hop video and losing her poo poo trying to get it scrubbed

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Lol don't hear much about Elon fighting CSA material these days
https://twitter.com/NGrossman81/status/1645476854537818112

reminds me of guys saying that the FBI has clearly infiltrated 4chan, which yeah fair enough conclusion, but their proof being its site policy to report cp to law enforcement

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
maybe this isn’t the thread for it but I’m starting to suspect this ‘deep state’ doesn’t have our best interests in mind

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Wamsutta posted:

there was like a four month window where you couldn’t open the goddamn app without seeing eliza blue poo poo everywhere, now she’s a non-entity. which is great but lol how quickly she shut the gently caress up after cashing in on her grift and then being exposed as having been in a hip hop video and losing her poo poo trying to get it scrubbed

Never happened to me. My feed has always been those who I follow and their likes or retweets

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Saw this behind a Wendy's last night while I was out cruising and had to snap a pic lol

I didn't know they had their own collision centers but apparently it's a thing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

the milk machine posted:

maybe this isn’t the thread for it but I’m starting to suspect this ‘deep state’ doesn’t have our best interests in mind

This is the "deep state" support thread.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

This is the "deep state" support thread.

Concerning.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Wamsutta posted:

I missed that twitter actually went after ppl criticizing her beyond just taking credit for some magic wand disappearing of sex traffickers off the platform. I wonder how many ppl have elong's ear at a given moment and using that to squash their own negative narratives.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Never happened to me. My feed has always been those who I follow and their likes or retweets

There was a week or so where Musk was forcing everyone on For You even on desktop and people would be getting catturd and Matt Walsh right at the top.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAa-394U4zc

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Which lead to nearly everyone muting or blocking that, which I guess the small interaction of going to their profile to do that is enough to poke a bit to it, but it sorta fades away as time goes. On both accounts.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

holtemon posted:

Saw this behind a Wendy's last night while I was out cruising and had to snap a pic lol

I didn't know they had their own collision centers but apparently it's a thing

Does it share a building with the WEndys?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
C-SAM is too close to C-SPAM

We should rename to LF.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

There was a week or so where Musk was forcing everyone on For You even on desktop and people would be getting catturd and Matt Walsh right at the top.

Well see here is the problem. I'm smart and after the first time this happened I flipped tabs immediately.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Iron Crowned posted:

Does it share a building with the WEndys?

Nah it's a standalone building, but it's walking distance to Wendy's, Popeye's and a Cook Out so that's a bonus for all the rubes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Well see here is the problem. I'm smart and after the first time this happened I flipped tabs immediately.

It forced it back for that week at least on desktop.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

MasterSitsu posted:

Did the language for everything on anyone's else's Twitter suddenly change to Spanish

Nope, Twitter is working fine for me

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

holtemon posted:

Nah it's a standalone building, but it's walking distance to Wendy's, Popeye's and a Cook Out so that's a bonus for all the rubes

I've never been to Cook Out, but if I ever get the gumption to have a mischief day, I'm definitely driving down to Lexington to try some

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

It forced it back for that week at least on desktop.

I use a phone so not my problem I suppose. See we just have to press one spot on start up.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
I deleted my twitter because I don’t want to use a platform that’s been so thoroughly infiltrated by the FBI and CIA, it’s just full of what They want you to see

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

I use a phone so not my problem I suppose. See we just have to press one spot on start up.

Oh yeah, for a bit it would flip you to the you tab if you clicked the following button twice. There was that time it froze, but if you used the 2g complaint mobile site it would still work as well.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

MasterSitsu posted:

Did the language for everything on anyone's else's Twitter suddenly change to Spanish

el twitter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
has anything funny happened today

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645863107175284738?cxt=HHwWhIDUwdPxo9ctAAAA

Oh sorry, you asked about funny things. Well funny is definitely not what you'll find on Musk's account.

Not intentional funny, at least.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645863107175284738?cxt=HHwWhIDUwdPxo9ctAAAA

Oh sorry, you asked about funny things. Well funny is definitely not what you'll find on Musk's account.

He's going to make them green marijuana leaf icons instead.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

IBroughttheFunk posted:

A day before dead island 2 releases.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645862256826290176?s=20

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
"Yeah."

- Elon Musk, genius

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he is a genius because he owns twitter do any of you own twitter?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

LOL 420 is the weed day! Epic, sir

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he is a genius because he owns twitter do any of you own twitter?

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I get owned on twitter all the time