Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

MJeff posted:

....so Solo's finisher is just a thumb to the throat? Like, he actually does that to win matches, not just to interfere or beat people up?

Aren't throat shots, like, illegal?

I don’t know that it’s much worse than the Superman punch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

no you can you are just outside of the ring so you have a count or your are holding someone on a rope walk and have to break

Oh my bad then I was mistaken, ty!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MorningMoon posted:

C*dy acknowledging the chicken is smart, will help make the bit run out faster online.

The problem is that we are in the Vince Everywhere System, so now there's more a chance Vince thinks it's a Good poo poo bit and might have a rubber chicken ready to throw at C*dy after matches; get t-shirts made.

Cody can only pray that the rubber chicken thing dies the same sort of death that "Fandago-ing" did, when Vince tried to milk that for all it was worth

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MorningMoon posted:

C*dy acknowledging the chicken is smart, will help make the bit run out faster online.

Nah, I think now he's a Chicken Run

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
something that annoyed me about the spike is that everyone sells it by crumpling, but you really should grab at your throat since it’s a trachea shot. I went and found videos of umanga doing it, and you wanna know who sold the poo poo out of that move? John Cena. what a worker

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

kitten emergency posted:

something that annoyed me about the spike is that everyone sells it by crumpling, but you really should grab at your throat since it’s a trachea shot. I went and found videos of umanga doing it, and you wanna know who sold the poo poo out of that move? John Cena. what a worker

I saw a similar compilation. HHH and Batista also sold it well.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kvlt! posted:

i also never understood how it doesnt just like shatter his thumb is there a kayfabe excuse for that

He's a Samoan. C'mon now, we know that they are built differently in kayfabe

MJeff posted:

....so Solo's finisher is just a thumb to the throat? Like, he actually does that to win matches, not just to interfere or beat people up?

Aren't throat shots, like, illegal?

It's like punches being illegal. They are until they aren't.

I dunno, it's not in the top tier of wrestling moves because there's no headdrop or flip but Samoan Spike is fine. It'd suck being stabbed in the throat by a guy that strong

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rip to umaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGh2DH5kaOo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Samoan Spike rules. Solo has to work more on making it look vicious like Umaga. And yeah people need to sell it better.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Codependent Poster posted:

The Samoan Spike rules. Solo has to work more on making it look vicious like Umaga. And yeah people need to sell it better.

Yeah, the Spike kicks rear end. Umaga also kicked rear end. Honestly surprised at how many people sold that as an impact move and not a throat-damage move. I wonder if there was some directive to not clutch at your throat or something by Vince/sponsors. Wouldn't surprise me from the same company that fired Danielson for the Justin Roberts tie choke.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Uh, they're selling it that way because it's not a throat spike, guys, it's clearly a neck crank.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blasmeister posted:

I saw a similar compilation. HHH and Batista also sold it well.

There's a part in the 08 Rumble where Batista's on the outside of the ring, laying there and selling the spike like he just drank something with pineapple in it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Again I think he's gonna win but God, I hope he loses.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Uh, they're selling it that way because it's not a throat spike, guys, it's clearly a neck crank.

Wow in the WWE thread of all places :golfclap:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cody looks so drat worn out in wwe. he's a year older than me and looks far younger than me, but i have benjamin button disease so it's quite bad for him still

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

MorningMoon posted:

The problem is that we are in the Vince Everywhere System, so now there's more a chance Vince thinks it's a Good poo poo bit and might have a rubber chicken ready to throw at C*dy after matches; get t-shirts made.

Get that rubber chicken money cody and start another spite promotion

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/...-vince-mcmahon/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I always assumed Brock throwing the title was a work.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Gavok posted:

There's a part in the 08 Rumble where Batista's on the outside of the ring, laying there and selling the spike like he just drank something with pineapple in it.

lol

I need to re-watch that, maybe a double feature after Knives Out

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Cody should have set himself on fire and taken a back bump on a chicken if he wanted me to move on. I’m never forgetting that poo poo

It's gonna be a real chicken breast next time and Cody will go down with Salmonella. This can only escalate from here.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did cody say anything funny or pretend to quit during the promo also how long did they give him

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

let's see how this plays out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
All's I'll say is anyone who thinks that Vince hasn't already got "Cody" and "rubber chicken" permanently associated in his brain from here on out, or that Cody addressing it is somehow going to allow him to quickly move past it, is someone who clearly hasn't been paying attention to WWE over the past couple of decades or so

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

"I don’t really know (why Brock Lesnar was upset after the WrestleMania 34 main event"

sure you don't

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Did this get posted in the thread yet?

John Oliver ripped on Vince's mustache on Last Week Tonight

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7220507356277296427

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Hmmm.

What's the end goal for the mustache?

Mike Lindell or Jackie Gleason lookalike?

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 11, 2023

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Astro7x posted:

drat the dali one was on point

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

emjayo posted:

let's see how this plays out

lol jesus christ

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

He also referred to Vince's new look as "French Dracula" later in the show.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
‘A circus owner from the 1930s who harasses the dancers’ is supposed to be an absurd image but it’s 100% serious and accurate actually

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Vince is going to rehire that moustache guy from the nxt game show era.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So Cody loses, and loses some more and then quits WWE and then he gets some disease and dies and he’s gone now, will the thread finally feel Cody has paid the price for…uhhh…being against racism and…not turning heel?

It will be interesting to see.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

nope. brandi gotta go too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cody will only have paid the price when it stops being funny and Cody fans suffering will never stop being funny.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

yea ok posted:

nope. brandi gotta go too

Go back to filming Shot of Brandi every week, yea

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I will genuinely never forgive C*dy for betraying AEW. Him and B*ll R*gal can get hosed

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

So Cody loses, and loses some more and then quits WWE and then he gets some disease and dies and he’s gone now, will the thread finally feel Cody has paid the price for…uhhh…being against racism and…not turning heel?

drat we're back to anger, really big setback :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't wanna see Cody die. The Codyverse is contained on the WWE. He bet on himself. He is heavily featured on the most watched wrestling show in the US and he is getting paid. None of us are punching down when we make fun of Cody. But, he takes himself so seriously, and the end of his run in AEW was a mess, it's just fun to take the piss out of him. Also WWE is a terrible company full of terrible people. So, I love hearing about Cody losing because it's funny. Also rubber chicken.