Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean let's be real... they fixed it by having Strand do all the same stuff, better. The fix is $40

you joke, but unironically the stasis exotic bow from this season makes meeting the quest requirements for the unlocks about 10x easier

the 'only 2 a week' thing is still a pain, but i'm sure they'll get around to addressing that just as soon as they get around to addressing the fact that there are more armor decorations in the game than you can logistically get weavelooms or whatever for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Necrobama posted:

the 'only 2 a week' thing is still a pain, but i'm sure they'll get around to addressing that just as soon as they get around to addressing the fact that there are more armor decorations in the game than you can logistically get weavelooms or whatever for

That's because you can buy them for real money.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I play this game strictly to dress up my Barbie and even I only use 5 transmog thingies a season max, I don’t know what some of you mfs need more for

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I play this game strictly to dress up my Barbie and even I only use 5 transmog thingies a season max, I don’t know what some of you mfs need more for

:mods:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think I've ever used transmog on anything except Iron Banner gear for the rank boost and I've looked at shaders and ornaments I think a maximum of 10 times in the 9 years I've been playing this game. Deranged behavior to do any more than that, imo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's not that hard to passively do all 10 bounties every season and dress up is fun :shrug:

It's about time for us to do another drip check too.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So when exactly are they going to unfuck the stasis grind?

Having come back to the game after a long long absence and barely touching unlocking Stasis, I found the trick is Ager's Scepter and Vanguard Stasis quests.

I was blasting through a quest a strike. Ager's makes freezing guys really really easy and that seems to be the primary goal of most of the Strike quests.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I need to get off my rear end and actually build my lookbook. I've got seven or eight S-tier drips just floating around that I never use.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So when exactly are they going to unfuck the stasis grind?

I just started this whole thing and thought I'd finally reached the end of it, only to discover that to do the fourth aspect quest, I have to finish a different season-long questline so that I can finish an exotic quest to get the exotic grenade launcher that lets me finish the aspect quest.

Then I found out that the remaining chunks of Stasis are unlocked in grind quests that you're only allowed two per week of, and I decided to shelve unlocking all of Stasis for now.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I actually did not know you could shoot thresher missiles and i now feel silly.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Astrochicken posted:

I actually did not know you could shoot thresher missiles and i now feel silly.

You're normally too busy dealing with all the other enemies shooting in your direction, to pay them any attention

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Snuffman posted:

Having come back to the game after a long long absence and barely touching unlocking Stasis, I found the trick is Ager's Scepter and Vanguard Stasis quests.

I was blasting through a quest a strike. Ager's makes freezing guys really really easy and that seems to be the primary goal of most of the Strike quests.

For a lot of us, the memory of the stasis unlock grind is colored by the "get champion kills using stasis damage" part, before stasis weapons other than Salvation's Grip existed. You essentially had to glacier grenade at the right point and pray you got credit for the kill.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The pro strat there was to equip only finishers that inherit your subclass element (not all of them do this) and hug the champion until it’s health gets low enough that you can reserve the kill

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
One character mains win again :smug:

Also while I really like Strand (it's surprisingly balanced, the hell?) I don't think it has "replaced" Stasis for me. I find myself leaning on Stasis more than Strand in most activities. Both are good and fun, with Stasis having more general survivability than Strand for me (as good as Woven Mail is, and it is, I enjoy constant overshields and damage resistances) but I do really wish Stasis had a single buff verb. Slow, Freeze and Shatter are great, and the general utility provided by fragments (constant grenade recharge, high resistances, recover health/overshield, etc) are great, but looking at all the other subclasses and it is really lacking the buff/high uptime damage verb.

Unravel/woven mail, radiant/cure/restoration, amplified/speed boost, volatile/devour/invis all have high uptime (probably unravel has the least since suspend is the baby right now) but I guess shatter is the closest for Stasis. And it's a multi step program. It'd be nice if we could get a little built in boost verb like other subclasses. The overshield fragment is the closest but it isn't verbified or built into the class identity.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I am so loving sick of these LLS drop rates.
Love getting one piss crystal and 2 cores for my hard work.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Finally sat down and did Spire solo tonight.

I should have done it while Solo Operative was still in the game, because that was a slog. Persys took six phases to finish. (Solar titan super + 3-4 rocket shots per damage phase.)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I am so loving sick of these LLS drop rates.
Love getting one piss crystal and 2 cores for my hard work.

You're getting drops at all?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Lol “The Magnificent One” is a very good triumph name

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lol, lmao

https://twitter.com/farrisofthemaii/status/1645892276386951169?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:owned:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So like... in bungie's opinion... what is the POINT of Nightfall Cyphers? They don't want us to hoard them for rolls on Adepts in a future week, because they instead want us to use them for ... ?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
:madprops: to Bungie: I'm finally engaging with the build system and feel like I have some idea what all the bits and bobs actually do, thanks to loadouts, light 3.0, etc

:madprops: to :ullerrm: (the above poster): With his tips about armor, technique, etc I was finally - for the first time since Beyond Light - able to not only reliably clear a LLS (Chamber of Starlight) and get a whole pile of new armor for the very first time, I was able to get my clear time down to 6 minutes.

what they got rid of the madprops emote? now i'm just :mad:

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Just hold on to your cyphers when they eventually allow you to roll adepts for the low low cost of 5

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So like... in bungie's opinion... what is the POINT of Nightfall Cyphers? They don't want us to hoard them for rolls on Adepts in a future week, because they instead want us to use them for ... ?

They don't want you to hoard it, in between GM runs if you haven't gotten your God Roll yet for the gun of the week you can spend them on the focus. By the time you get 10 Ciphers you'll already have the Vanguard Engram, Legendary Shards, and Glimmer as well

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

I'm actually ok with the nightfall ciphers cause it's essentially bad luck protection. gimme a system like that for raids

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bungie and dumb currencies name a better combo

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

arsenicCatnip posted:

I'm actually ok with the nightfall ciphers cause it's essentially bad luck protection. gimme a system like that for raids

They have that already: Spoils of Conquest

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

arsenicCatnip posted:

that’s Spoils dummy

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Once again going out of their way to do anything other than just give you a few more drops.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Terrified that you might get the thing you want and then stop playing instead of playing with the thing you wanted.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SgtSteel91 posted:

Raise the Nightfall Cipher cap to 120 then, if they're the same thing?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Today's Lost Sector was my first attempt ever (1813) and I was able to cheese it the first try. After three runs I got my Swarmers, which have definitely made my PS5 angry.

Go for it Guardians! The robots tank most of the damage.

magiccarpet fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 12, 2023

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Stack cap being 10 is incredibly stupid, and you're just a loving idiot if you think this is a Good Idea in any way, shape, or form.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

It's fine, this week is double rewards that give you 4 each time. A nice round number that multiplies into 10 neatly.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Absolutely shocked bungle didn't make the cap 7 instead of 10.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

resource caps suck poo poo and have always sucked poo poo and will always suck poo poo

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
90% of currencies need to go away and the remaining ones need to be uncapped

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

"we want players to spend their resources, not just hoard them!"

make poo poo worth buying and maybe that'll happen! i have 20 loving golfballs because there's nothing for me to DO with them! i'd have ZERO if i could use them to respec exotics or even just reroll them, but right now they're just sitting in my inventory/postmaster and they're going to stay there for the foreseeable future

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

SgtSteel91 posted:

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

that’s Spoils dummy

I'm talking for raid exotics, I want the dang shotgun and if I could farm out a 2nd chance every week it'd be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Kith posted:

make poo poo worth buying and maybe that'll happen! i have 20 loving golfballs because there's nothing for me to DO with them!

Give them to me.

Bungie let Kith give me the golf balls