Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wrestlers taking themselves seriously is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sensenmann posted:

Hmmm.

What's the end goal for the mustache?

Mike Lindell or Jackie Gleason lookalike?

I mean it's perfect as is, he looks like the main villain of a telenovela.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean it's perfect as is, he looks like the main villain of a telenovela.

It's the hair dye that really throws me

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wrestlers taking themselves seriously is cool.

It's true. Here is my essay on why Low Ki is the funniest wrestler of all time for this very reason.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The new Botchamania is an all-timer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

The new Botchamania is an all-timer

I wasn't expecting that Michael Cole burn on Top Dolla. That ruled.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

drat we're back to anger, really big setback :(

It's not unexpected, some people will move back and forth between the first four stages of grief as they struggle to process the fact that Cody not only lost, and wound up with a rubber chicken next to him, but is apparently headed into a Vince-booked feud with Brock Lesnar

Some lash out, wail, moan, and despair. Others can't :lol: often enough :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Majinfoose posted:

It's true. Here is my essay on why Low Ki is the funniest wrestler of all time for this very reason.

You can't teach that

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's not unexpected, some people will move back and forth between the first four stages of grief as they struggle to process the fact that Cody not only lost, and wound up with a rubber chicken next to him, but is apparently headed into a Vince-booked feud with Brock Lesnar

Some lash out, wail, moan, and despair. Others can't :lol: often enough :v:

You're right, recovery from being a Cody believer isn't a straight line. Its a struggle knowing Cody willingly left the company he started to be booked by a rapist

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You're right, recovery from being a Cody believer isn't a straight line. Its a struggle knowing Cody willingly left the company he started to be booked by a rapist

Well poo poo. When you put it that way it sounds pretty bad.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I like Cody a lot, he seems like a good guy, but wrestling needed to get weird again and Cody was the one fated to make that happen. He did well in helping found AEW and delivering a bunch of weird promos and matches but when he left he refused the call and the universe had to reach out with a single rubber finger to correct course.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cody started AEW? Hell yea.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
A rubber chicken murdered Cody's push. And I don't know how to accept that.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Don't call Vince a rubber chicken.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Wait, no, you can call him anything you want.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
cody rhodes

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It’s fun to cheer on the rapist as he once again attempts to humiliate a third generation of a family he has always attempted to humiliate because of their relationships across racial lines. It’s funny because um…uh…that loving Cody should have turned heel because he’s Homelander! That loving piece of poo poo needed to say “i’m bad now” or else it’s not what I want. My diaper is full go Vince go! Finish the story (Killing the Rhodes legacy).

In all seriousness Cody will be fine. This thread will always suck and be people being angry while “laughing”.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is there a way to double or perhaps triple goldmine a thread?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat we're back to anger, really big setback :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s fun to cheer on the rapist as he once again attempts to humiliate a third generation of a family he has always attempted to humiliate because of their relationships across racial lines. It’s funny because um…uh…that loving Cody should have turned heel because he’s Homelander! That loving piece of poo poo needed to say “i’m bad now” or else it’s not what I want. My diaper is full go Vince go! Finish the story (Killing the Rhodes legacy).

In all seriousness Cody will be fine. This thread will always suck and be people being angry while “laughing”.

i agree we all love vince here, probably

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

felt ive spent a solid year getting to know you, befriending you, and now duty compels me to pwn you...... i wish you good fortune in the flame wars to come.....

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MJeff posted:

I sure hope so, this is by far the most entertaining thing associated (however tangentially) with WWE in quite some time :laugh:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That DICK! posted:

felt ive spent a solid year getting to know you, befriending you, and now duty compels me to pwn you...... i wish you good fortune in the flame wars to come.....

To know me is to love me, and to pwn me. That’s fair fam.

i’m only half serious but yea lol. I’ve been in my feelings since Wrestlemania. I’d rather be into it and invested than not though. Bad guys win has been such a through-line of wrestling Storytelling in America for such a long time that sometimes I feel AEW even leans on it.

I’m more of a Saturday Morning Cartoon villains never really win type guy though.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 12, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MJeff posted:

There's five goldmine subforums in the goldmine

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

projecthalaxy posted:

i agree we all love vince here, probably

I sure am glad we all managed to convince Cody to give up his cushy AEW gig by not cheering for him on these, the Something Awful forums

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm confused. It sounds like you are accusing people of worked laughter and that we are actually angry, but that we also want to see Cody lose. So shouldn't we be shoot laughing and happy at him losing?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I'm confused. It sounds like you are accusing people of worked laughter and that we are actually angry, but that we also want to see Cody lose. So shouldn't we be shoot laughing and happy at him losing?

I have never shared a fully coherent thought on these forums so we’re all confused. Enter the Codyverse

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Bray has been away putting on more weight and getting plastic surgery to become Dusty Rhodes so Cody can have the greatest feud of his career against his own father.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

The laughter is spiteful and fueled by anger, because we're only amused at Cody's failures because we're angry at him for leaving AEW, is the gist of it, I believe.

Which is complete bullshit by the way, I'm not angry and spiteful at Cody for leaving AEW, I'm angry and spiteful at Cody because Sami lost.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Apr 12, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im sad cody lost.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wish every wrestling company was good but alas

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I'm not saying that getting HEAT at the expense of Cody's dad's memory is the only way to go, but I am saying that Bossman was taken from us way too early.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

brock is going to squash cody in 10 seconds

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Feel bad for Cody

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

MJeff posted:

The laughter is spiteful and fueled by anger, because we're only amused at Cody's failures because we're angry at him for leaving AEW, is the gist of it, I believe.

Which is complete bullshit by the way, I'm not angry and spiteful at Cody for leaving AEW, I'm angry and spiteful at Cody because Sami lost.

I'm neither angry nor spiteful at Cody, his combination of hubris and self-delusion in leaving AEW and returning to WWE has resulted in some very funny situations thus far :)

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 12, 2023

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

TheKingslayer posted:

Bray has been away putting on more weight and getting plastic surgery to become Dusty Rhodes so Cody can have the greatest feud of his career against his own father.

this would rule

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hefty Leftist posted:

brock is going to squash cody in 10 seconds

I want this only because cody losses have caused some of the funniest posts here

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

acknowledge him

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody will win the title at some point. Maybe Summerslam or something. The story will be finished but we’ll always have the rubber chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I'm neither angry nor spiteful at Cody, his combination of hubris and self-delusion in leaving AEW and returning to AEW has resulted in some very funny situations thus far :)

The man thought he could just will the crowds into cheering for him and then thought he could will noted evil man Vince McMahon into booking him as a babyface who isn't a fuckface loser after that didn't work