Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Someone in BRAVE is moaning about the price of moon goo, is GS_Isk at it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I expect the adjustment to amount being mined that happened a few months back is starting to kick in. There was some speculation originally but now supply is starting to hit the new normal after stockpiles were used up.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I don't think there's anyone left there with the competence and/or motivation to do that.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

What are they moaning about exactly?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Wibla posted:

What are they moaning about exactly?

price of something, maybe platinum, has doubled in a few days. I wasn't paying attention because they usually chat so much poo poo that I tune it out, I just remembered the old moon goo thread from the GSF forums and wondered if anyone was still doing market fuckery

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

price of something, maybe platinum, has doubled in a few days. I wasn't paying attention because they usually chat so much poo poo that I tune it out, I just remembered the old moon goo thread from the GSF forums and wondered if anyone was still doing market fuckery

CCP is doing the fuckery with supply, and the south got burned so a lot of output from that area got axed in addition to the 25% nerf.

https://www.adam4eve.eu/price_chart.php?groupID=427 Judging by this, there's been some movement the last few months, with some spikes here and there.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Horde discord has been pinging like crazy for the X47 armor timer in 8 hours. I'm excited to spend 12 hours in tidi.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

simply do not play in large null blocs

ez pz

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

But what do they come and blow up my stuff? :jerry:

Indigofreak
Jul 30, 2013

:siren:BAD POSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Looks like Goons will get the X47 keepstar. After a long fight that is still technically ongoing(11+ hours), Frat is pulling out and letting Goons ref their keepstar into hull.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
The hull timer is going to be interesting

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

plat in particular is historically vulnerable to swings. probably not as bad as it used to be when otec prices popularized the cobalt-derived platinum technite reaction pathway in the southwest due to all the cobalt in Querious, but it's not at all surprising to hear that the war would have created a supply snafu.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Indigofreak posted:

Looks like Goons will get the X47 keepstar. After a long fight that is still technically ongoing(11+ hours), Frat is pulling out and letting Goons ref their keepstar into hull.

what's going on with this war? I really only log in to fart around planets doing pi

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

what's going on with this war? I really only log in to fart around planets doing pi

https://br.evetools.org/br/642fc6ca2a115f1f3945647a

https://dscan.info/v/b8f7b9b80786

e: Basically, its a keepstar being defended by Frat/Panfam and being attacked by Init/Imperium

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

Two largest groups slap fighting in TiDi because reasons.

Indigofreak
Jul 30, 2013

:siren:BAD POSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Lorem ipsum posted:

From what I am hearing, they probably aren't going to defend, or if they do, not defend with supers. Might be easier to kill then the fight today.

And the war is mostly just a war against boredom and landlords. X47 was the last objective left, from the original list of objectives. Will be curious if this continues or we pull back.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Indigofreak posted:

From what I am hearing, they probably aren't going to defend, or if they do, not defend with supers. Might be easier to kill then the fight today.

And the war is mostly just a war against boredom and landlords. X47 was the last objective left, from the original list of objectives. Will be curious if this continues or we pull back.

We are being told to buy and move more ships to our staging but yea who knows if we show for the defense.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

simply do not play

ez pz

ftfy

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Lorem ipsum posted:

https://br.evetools.org/br/642fc6ca2a115f1f3945647a

https://dscan.info/v/b8f7b9b80786

e: Basically, its a keepstar being defended by Frat/Panfam and being attacked by Init/Imperium

Isn’t Siberian Squads in Winter Co now?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

When they are not coming to Catch/Provi to day trip RA yes I believe they are.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Boy do I have conflicted feeling about going on more of Piggle's fleets in the near future. He runs them like he's playing an RTS with his least favorite race, and will try to get you killed with more 'if u warped ur dead' moments that rivals only Boat. But on the other hand he did log us off within 100km of the X47 keep at yesterday's downtime, so we were able to pause the timer with 1:20min left.

Lorem ipsum posted:

it won't

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

salartarium posted:

Isn’t Siberian Squads in Winter Co now?

yes

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Lorem ipsum posted:

the big defense always happens on the armor timer because even if you lose, you can tether back up and dock

if you lose the hull timer with all your supers sitting there you're in trouble

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone have the old documents on how to run EVE scams? I want to read them again.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

super sweet best pal posted:

Does anyone have the old documents on how to run EVE scams? I want to read them again.

Sure, send me 1B isk and I'll forward them to you.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

What scam? We are just running into some admin issues that we are working to resolve.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
X47 keep dead. I didn’t end up on the kill mail even though I logged on at 0200 (CST) until 0700 (including a bathroom break at server restart) because my doctrine Hyena doesn’t have any offensive gear or any drone bay. You can’t web a Keepstar.

Still felt good after the last couple of weeks slowly chopping it down! I’d been on every fleet going after that one, so mission accomplished I guess. FC warned us that PHART may be salty for a bit and to take care when ratting/moving around/PI back home 😬.

Still having lots of fun after playing for (almost exactly!) one year! Guess that year encompasses two wars, though, so I’ve always been able to stay busy with PvP/fleets (to the detriment of my meta-ratting/PvE “skills”). Thank God for Myrmidons and Ishtars.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Turn off your monitor

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Dalmuti posted:

Turn off your monitor

Then how will I read your posts?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I do Extra Sensory Posting

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Look at this guy not using web +painter on his hyena

BUT THATS NOT DOCTRINE he cries

ya gently caress that the default has been wrong since before the big war and if atrum doesnt give you the 20 mil w/e

ded fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 11, 2023

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

ded posted:

ya gently caress that the default has been wrong since before the big war and if atrum doesnt give you the 20 mil w/e

Look- here at Delta Sqad, we don't take our Hyena fits lightly.

It's been an issue in the past, just walk away slowly and don't make eye contact.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Xolve posted:

Look- here at Delta Sqad, we don't take our Hyena fits lightly.

It's been an issue in the past, just walk away slowly and don't make eye contact.

ya like, just use a vigil is the same right?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

???

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ded posted:

I thought if it’s not doctrine you don’t get SRP, though? It was a Flycatcher fleet and the FC Hyena just fits a web. I just didn’t want to cause headaches if I got blowed up is all. PHART didn’t end up showing anyways.

Here’s the thing: Atrum was just very nice and helpful to me as a true NewBee. I also know dealing with goons’ bullshit can be tiresome at best, so didn’t want to pay back that kindness with “But, I’m special!” It’s easy to be a bittervet when, we’ll, you’re a vet. I don’t get to play enough as it is to be an rear end in a top hat (yet), so I’m going to continue to try and take care of my own problems before sending them to anybody else to deal with.

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

DerekSmartymans posted:

I thought if it’s not doctrine you don’t get SRP, though? It was a Flycatcher fleet and the FC Hyena just fits a web. I just didn’t want to cause headaches if I got blowed up is all. PHART didn’t end up showing anyways.

Here’s the thing: Atrum was just very nice and helpful to me as a true NewBee. I also know dealing with goons’ bullshit can be tiresome at best, so didn’t want to pay back that kindness with “But, I’m special!” It’s easy to be a bittervet when, we’ll, you’re a vet. I don’t get to play enough as it is to be an rear end in a top hat (yet), so I’m going to continue to try and take care of my own problems before sending them to anybody else to deal with.

Probably appreciated, but also wrong. You are a bittervet from day 1 and it is your job to annoy atrum

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Captain Melo posted:

Probably appreciated, but also wrong. You are a bittervet from day 1 and it is your job to annoy atrum

This did make me laugh :devil:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Oh no! Anyway.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

DerekSmartymans posted:

All through the big war I would run a Hyena with a mutated web (just use a cheap mutaplasmid and get crazy long range)+ painter on flycatcher fleets. I never got blown up. But, the ~default~ loadout does have a painter in the cargohold sooo.....

Really tho support ships tend to get more leeway. And if you don't get the full srp you will still get shitstack and if you can't afford a ~15 mil or w/e loss welp.

the trick to getting full srp no matter the fit is put ~delta sqad~ in the claim form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ded posted:

All through the big war I would run a Hyena with a mutated web (just use a cheap mutaplasmid and get crazy long range)+ painter on flycatcher fleets. I never got blown up. But, the ~default~ loadout does have a painter in the cargohold sooo.....

Really tho support ships tend to get more leeway. And if you don't get the full srp you will still get shitstack and if you can't afford a ~15 mil or w/e loss welp.

the trick to getting full srp no matter the fit is put ~delta sqad~ in the claim form

Point taken! I’m still new enough to T2 ships that the SRP process and whispers around the forum (and the “dumbass requesting SRP for his <insert stupid bling + amulets> thread) is still kinda a mystery to me. I’ve lost lots of ships; all but two were free handouts so I didn’t try for reimbursement 🤔