Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

after several long years of devoted service, my rx 580 is being taken out behind the shed. rest in peace, old gpu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SirSamVimes posted:

after several long years of devoted service, my rx 580 is being taken out behind the shed. rest in peace, old gpu

To make your mourning period easier, consider watching IZWF

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Is it? Someone was telling me it was unbalanced and too on-rails

but it calls to me for some reason

No idea where that critique would come from, it gets real open pretty quickly

Can't comment on balance since I don't have superbullshit levels of build yet though

anyway game good, try it imo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

haha what posted:

LIVE now! starting in 10 MINUTES

Well it won’t let me reset my twitch password for some reason. Crazy loving irritating because it will send me the reset link but greys out the “reset password” button for no reason

E: JFC it was password requirements and apparently "fair" password strength is not good enough for twitch. GTFO goddamn.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 12, 2023

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

For future reference re: dissenting opinions on the active COVID threads, I think it'd be more productive to have a better counter to "it's not al like that" than telling the person to gently caress off or whatever. The deadly bon bons and dog bricking posters ate bans because they did stick out above the sea of nonsense chatter and white noise.

They were funny/horrifying moments, and if there's more amusing bits to have a passing laugh at, I'm fine with them getting linked here. If there's horrifying, gross, or depressive stuff that's not being stopped, I can take it to the mods or admins because I find that poo poo intolerable. Or bring it another mod/admin, or post them in SAD so they can be acted on.

I thought this thread's response was fine. Hopefully people will look at it as an example of someone being able to point out a thing they think is bad itt without having a big messy meltdown over it and then getting dogpiled.

And for the record, I'm not picking on these things because I want this thread to 'stop being mean to the covid thread'. I think sharing silly or weird posts from it to laugh at is fine, and I think the meanspirited jokes at its expense at fine. And yeah, anything that crosses lines should be posted in SAD, and if people want to post it here first to see if others agree it's bad enough to take to SAD, that's a good thing too.

But I think the unfunny serious-posting about how 'everyone in [megathread] is [bad trait]' stuff is a big part of why the old Saga thread got closed and I'd like to avoid seeing that happen again. And also I think the grudge posting here makes the covid thread worse in a couple of different ways too, and I like that thread and don't want it to get weird and insular either.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That astral vs tude match holy poo poo

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 12, 2023

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

haha what posted:

LIVE now! starting in 10 MINUTES

Now I kinda wish I played video games to get in on this lol. At least I don't need a Twitch account to watch

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SirSamVimes posted:

That astral match holy poo poo

Got greedy and went for the bat one too many times

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frank Frank posted:

Got greedy and went for the bat one too many times

a heel's fall, too much grandstanding

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Jeffrey's giant gold cell phone from 1996, lmao

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

HazCat posted:

But I think the unfunny serious-posting about how 'everyone in [megathread] is [bad trait]' stuff is a big part of why the old Saga thread got closed and I'd like to avoid seeing that happen again.

can we make an exception for the trump thread

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

the michael richards defense

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Everyone who doesn't post in those threads regularly knows they suck rear end, no reason to repeat it until it becomes boring and unfunny.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I parsed users avatars back in january and I was able to do a 'search' for gangtags by just finding images in avatars that were used across multiple users. Should be able to find many older or lesser known gangtags through this, but it also has regular avatar images mixed in.

I've made a paste bin of the html to look at all of the gangtags (about 1200 images, 56k no!). Save it as an html or paste it in to some live html editor.
https://paste.ee/p/EVIyv

:yeshaha:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

lol I have handed 16bb a gun

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

looking forward to seeing CUM PASS on every cspam poster

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Cum pass my lord.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Autisanal Cheese posted:

can we make an exception for the trump thread

lol, this is a good example of why I think the admins had such a hard time explaining the 'problem' with the saga thread. Because this post is funny, but it encourages people to post unfunny stuff, and those posts also aren't bad enough to punish, but the sum result of the bad posts becomes an issue eventually.

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Everyone who doesn't post in those threads regularly knows they suck rear end, no reason to repeat it until it becomes boring and unfunny.

Basically this, except I also think more people should post in the CSPAM megathreads because new people posting is what stops them getting insular and weird, and the more people sit here grudge-posting about them the more the only new people they get are the weirdos who hear 'that thread is full of assholes' and go 'sounds like my kind of thread!'

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

HazCat posted:

lol, this is a good example of why I think the admins had such a hard time explaining the 'problem' with the saga thread. Because this post is funny, but it encourages people to post unfunny stuff, and those posts also aren't bad enough to punish, but the sum result of the bad posts becomes an issue eventually.

Basically this, except I also think more people should post in the CSPAM megathreads because new people posting is what stops them getting insular and weird, and the more people sit here grudge-posting about them the more the only new people they get are the weirdos who hear 'that thread is full of assholes' and go 'sounds like my kind of thread!'

yeah thats why those threads attract psychos lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Combine all the Trump, Musk, and COVID threads imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hot Diggity! posted:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

that'd be either be a good solution or unleash weaponized cringe into the biosphere

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HazCat posted:

Can you point out examples of this “grudge posting” you keep talking about

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Hot Diggity! posted:

it’s been awhile but I seem to recall someone tried that once with all the worst threads in gbs and just wound up with the gogeta of aids

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Can you point out examples of this “grudge posting” you keep talking about

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

nrook posted:

the gogeta of aids

good username imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
some people call me the gogeta of aids... yeah

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I'm at work so I can't grab quotes, but they're the posts I quoted itt recently. If you need me to, I'll requote them when I get home.

But I think I've been pretty clear about what sort of posts I'm talking about (the ones that aren't sourced quotes and aren't jokes, and which paint entire threads as being bad in really specific ways).

Can you explain what part about that is confusing, or is it just framing them as 'grudge posts' you disagree with?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

nrook posted:

it’s been awhile but I seem to recall someone tried that once with all the worst threads in gbs and just wound up with the gogeta of aids

Ah, the nom epique thread

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

nrook posted:

It was the hell thread and was a really funny idea at the time but it was the dumbest possible plan to deal with that issue. What ended up happening was that it just created a bunch of antibiotic resistant bacteria that rotted and festered until the point that amputation was needed.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't really like it when threads are winking back and forth at each other and eventually the dumbest, most obnoxious people in either thread decide a civil war is underway and start jumping into the threads and start turning both into gibbering flame wars. I don't believe it's a coordinated thing and rarely some properly directed grudge. Let's just skip over auditing each other's recent posts and find something else to laugh at.

Spanish Manlove posted:

It was the hell thread and was a really funny idea at the time but it was the dumbest possible plan to deal with that issue. What ended up happening was that it just created a bunch of antibiotic resistant bacteria that rotted and festered until the point that amputation was needed.

The hell thread was a combination of a gamergate thread, fat people mockery, and something else? It sounded like a really miserable combination of stuff that wouldn't lead anywhere good.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Didn't hellthread make a bunch of demon-girl OCs for each other and start making a video game? I don't remember the details, just some weird stuff crawling out of the ooze

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Iirc it was lowtax's idea so that's why I didn't just nuke it on sight. But I forgot what other abysmal topic got shoved in there alongside those ones.

I actually encouraged people to poo poo up the thread by offering plat upgrades and avatars and stuff for people who posted goatse or other shock images.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The musk thread is so bad it makes me feel sorry for cspam. Nobody deserves to have GBS colonize one of their threads....

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HazCat posted:

i dont post about politics op, just anime and video games

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spanish Manlove posted:

Iirc it was lowtax's idea so that's why I didn't just nuke it on sight. But I forgot what other abysmal topic got shoved in there alongside those ones.

i think it was the Everest thread but i genuinely don't remember

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasn't doobies stuff looped into the hellthread too? i don't think that works unless it's a honeypot and everyone who posts there gets banned

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wasn't doobies stuff looped into the hellthread too? i don't think that works unless it's a honeypot and everyone who posts there gets banned

i dont think so, i feel like that was always standalone. but now i'm second-guessing anyways and i think the third one was the China thread?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
anyway my plan to fix cspam is to do that but for every thread which consists of posting hilarious tweets of epic fail people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
doobies was in there