Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Decrepus posted:

Lmao you guys don't walk around with your arms up?

Me:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Did an AI make that or is his hand rotting off?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

No ai could create those fingernails

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Happens when you raise an extremity above your heart for 50 years straight

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

teethgrinder posted:

No, it's showering daily and using deodorant/anti-perspirant.

What I need a hack for is how to stop my t-shirts from getting aluminum stains from anti-perspirant. The "no stains" Speedsticks definitely seems to reduce them, but it still happens eventually.

soak the stain for an hour in something acidic and scrub with a toothbrush before washing, the stain will just dissolve. coffee maker descaling solution works well (1% citric acid) and doesn't stink up the house like vinegar

laundry boric acid / borax probably also works

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Isnt aluminum powder super not great for you?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flakey posted:

I think the color is just from smoke and ash. Not that they seem to be in great shape in the first place though

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Flakey posted:

Rotting off. Karl Pillington met him, skip to 20 minutes in, or 18 for the whole segment

https://youtu.be/HsFbuXobqW8

Ps :nws: if you don't skip

Mindless has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Apr 12, 2023

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

Well, any powder, particularly a metallic one, is bad to inhale.

There's nothing special about aluminum.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

My Spirit Otter posted:

Avril Lavigne said it causes cancer like 20 years ago so we're still going by that

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

https://youtu.be/urglg3WimHA

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

Soul Dentist posted:

Because 747 ate 911

:yarg:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

TK-42-1 posted:

T-posing is good posture

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Field Mousepad posted:

Avril Lavigne said it causes cancer like 20 years ago so we're still going by that

I seem to remember it being associated with dementia, but I can't remember if it was a study or a fwdfwdfwd or what (it's not like I haven't completely ignored it)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I seem to remember it being associated with dementia, but I can't remember if it was a study or a fwdfwdfwd or what (it's not like I haven't completely ignored it)

It turned out to be a lab error. A technician accidentally contaminated some samples.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Deteriorata posted:

It turned out to be a lab error. A technician accidentally contaminated some samples.

It was funnier when BFB couldn't remember because of aluminium induced dementia.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

tak posted:

soak the stain for an hour in something acidic and scrub with a toothbrush before washing, the stain will just dissolve. coffee maker descaling solution works well (1% citric acid) and doesn't stink up the house like vinegar

laundry boric acid / borax probably also works
Awesome, makes sense. Had some luck with vinegar, but I'll just let it soak longer and scrub and see what happens.

My Spirit Otter posted:

As others have mentioned, bad studies. But no one mentioned people assume it's associated with Alzheimer's (in the zeitgeist) because there's a correlation with higher aluminium levels in those afflicted. But there's no evidence they're absorbing it through their armpits, and, as always, correlation does not equal causation.

edit: slow reply and alluded to directly above, oops

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
aluminum is harmless huh? I'd like to see you grind a bunch into fine particulate and inhale it and say that. Or light it on fire

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's fine in small doses. You can add a teaspoon to your tea or coffee, just don't literally have it with every dish.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Paladinus posted:

It's fine in small doses. You can add a teaspoon to your tea or coffee, just don't literally have it with every dish.

ok, mom

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
My Reynold's brand Alumisnuff wouldn't cause me harm. A doctor recommends it over the competitor's alternative!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

aluminum is harmless huh? I'd like to see you grind a bunch into fine particulate and inhale it and say that. Or light it on fire

Same thing with grain, on both counts

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Or just about every substance on Earth

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://twitter.com/__C_A_R_T_E_R__/status/1643954969828028417?s=20

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I love this type of poo poo, and there are a few good examples in the replies as well. I haven't seen this one before, and I really enjoy it.
https://twitter.com/stoptouching2/status/1644420929437462530?s=20

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

freeedr posted:

Is that a real article? And if so, how

"Deodorant (sometimes just bathing) is Patriarchy/Ableist/Racist/Capitalist Propaganda" is a lovely bit of discourse that makes the rounds every once in a while.

Its just morons being morons.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Look, if GOD didn't want me to stink like rear end, then why did he make us with stinky pits? Or an rear end, for that matter?

Take that, Charles Darwood. Evolution is FAKE NEWS!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Deteriorata posted:

Well, any powder, particularly a metallic one, is bad to inhale.

I spent time working in a sheet metal factory, every welder over the age of 50 sounded like a castrato from all the damage to their windpipe over the years.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I spent time working in a sheet metal factory, every welder over the age of 50 sounded like a castrato from all the damage to their windpipe over the years.

:stonk:

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

SpacePig posted:

I love this type of poo poo, and there are a few good examples in the replies as well. I haven't seen this one before, and I really enjoy it.
https://twitter.com/stoptouching2/status/1644420929437462530?s=20

How about you try to make coherent work after waking up at 4 am.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

anti-stink, ok fine, but preventing your skin from cooling itself is just black magic and im not loving with that poo poo.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

For every one of those bakery errors there's a customer irate they didn't make the obvious cake joke. You just can't win at that I bet. Make exactly what's on the sheet, no interpretation

It's the "I asked for one large fry, and you gave me 100 loving little ones"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

anti-stink, ok fine, but preventing your skin from cooling itself is just black magic and im not loving with that poo poo.

I've always been a deodorant guy, except for that one period in university I tried anti-perspirant instead and it worked well for my pits but I could swear my rear end was sweating up a storm as a result.

I suppose you could say "well Lobok, you should have put some on your rear end" but then where would it come out of?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Other people

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
HP Lovecraft wrote that one, I think.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Lobok posted:

I've always been a deodorant guy, except for that one period in university I tried anti-perspirant instead and it worked well for my pits but I could swear my rear end was sweating up a storm as a result.

I suppose you could say "well Lobok, you should have put some on your rear end" but then where would it come out of?

You'd have incredibly well-moistened eyeballs

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tree Bucket posted:

You'd have incredibly well-moistened eyeballs

Those bad boys will lick you if you're not careful.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

so the solution to dry eyes is sealed up armpits and rear end? sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Relevant.