Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

is there still that autoblock people with blue checkmarks extension

There's an even better way, delete your twitter account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

There's an even better way, delete your twitter account

I finally just went ahead and did this yesterday. Pretty pleased there's an whole big rear end thread for making GBS threads on Elon waiting here upon my return.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

priznat posted:

Ed Balls, and I am not exaggerating, is one million times the poster that Elon “Bolz” Musk is.

Musk will never have a tweet as fondly remembered as "Ed Balls."

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Willatron posted:

I finally just went ahead and did this yesterday. Pretty pleased there's an whole big rear end thread for making GBS threads on Elon waiting here upon my return.

welcome back :)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

have some suspicion that the promised 20th Apr culling is gonna be a big wet fart

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

have some suspicion that the promised 20th Apr culling is gonna be a big wet fart

We'll see who's laughing when the culling happens in batches of 69.

It will only be Elon because no one else with actually notice that it's batches of 69 or if they do will just groan and mutter.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
prediction, june 9 will be another date.

lol a 50 year old man thinking that meme numbers from he learned from the last 10 years are the peak of comedy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

That is what Elon Musk is known for...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wait, what's gonna happen on 4/20? I guess I'm not as up on my Elon lore as I thought.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
If you see Elon Musk in the street, it's legal to kick his rear end. Kicking Elon's rear end and farting into his mouth is legal in 20+ states.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wait, what's gonna happen on 4/20? I guess I'm not as up on my Elon lore as I thought.

no no, it was the big wet fart thing

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

If you see Elon Musk in the street, it's legal to kick his rear end. Kicking Elon's rear end and farting into his mouth is legal in 20+ states.

free speech

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Elon Musk is going to say something deeply stupid, I guarantee it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

QuarkJets posted:

Elon Musk is going to say something deeply stupid, I guarantee it

:monocle:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raifield posted:

I thought Ready Player One was a fun bit of nonsense, but that sounds completely horrible.

It has some neat parts, but all the asides about pop culture are just Ernest Cline crowding the reader into a corner at a party to talk at you like PacMan's the greatest thing you've never heard of.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It has some neat parts, but all the asides about pop culture are just Ernest Cline crowding the reader into a corner at a party to talk at you like PacMan's the greatest thing you've never heard of.

It is honestly one of the only books I have ever given up on

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Loqieu posted:

I've never heard of roko's basilisk before, but it's not even original. It sounds exactly like the Ultimate Intelligence and the Shrike from the book series Hyperion, which is from the late 80s.

Get on the loving tree ship Elon.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

Dammit, you're a loose cannon! We're doing this by the book!

I'll seduce the big sexy bodyguards, get them to buy me a plane ticket to San Francisco , then Crouch behind Elon. Once I'm in position, you want to be in front of Elon, facing him, not more than a meter away. Shove him, so that he stumbles backwards over me. ]

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

His two follow up books are even worse.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Elon mush is dumber than dogshit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Elon mush is dumber than dogshit

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

May I suggest the second apocalypse by r Scott bakker?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jarvisi posted:

May I suggest the second apocalypse by r Scott bakker?

I would really rather if you didn't

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a 53 year old manchild screaming "420! 69!" while losing more money in a day than most people will ever see in their lives -- forever.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey it's loving enthralling when Tim Rogers does it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dabir posted:

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a 53 year old manchild screaming "420! 69!" while losing more money in a day than most people will ever see in their lives -- forever.

isn't that what Twitter is now?

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

nexous posted:

Everyone should know how poo poo this book is. I got fooled by the first one

'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I remember an ex of mine loving loved it, convinced me to read it, I started skimming through it when he turned into a goon-nosforatu in an armored gaming room. It's such a dire book

Then the movie came out and I thought it was better than the book (low bar), it at least didn't have the weird Ernst clibe relationship poo poo there(as much). And my partner was upset that it didn't follow the book exactly. It's a poo poo book and liking poo poo things is ok, but like be aware that you are enjoying something with rose tinted glasses

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Keeper Garrett posted:

'Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'

Thanks GW. Please let the adults talk now

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Jestery posted:

I remember an ex of mine loving loved it, convinced me to read it, I started skimming through it when he turned into a goon-nosforatu in an armored gaming room. It's such a dire book

hahaha and he was ripped because he set it so he had to exercise to get access to the net. It was written so the character always had some until now undescribed way out of the problem " oh yeah I can play all of Alex Lifeson's guitar solos cause of the VR guitar gamez I played as a kid, so this puzzle is a peice of cake"

That said though the movie was even more dire in my view, a boomer's future, and everything was that Speilberg muted metallic Minority Report design

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Renreeja posted:

hahaha and he was ripped because he set it so he had to exercise to get access to the net. It was written so the character always had some until now undescribed way out of the problem " oh yeah I can play all of Alex Lifeson's guitar solos cause of the VR guitar gamez I played as a kid, so this puzzle is a peice of cake"

That said though the movie was even more dire in my view, a boomer's future, and everything was that Speilberg muted metallic Minority Report design

Atleast the movie was mercifully short, and there is some brief joy in seeing all the Spielbergian properties having a battle Royale

Just a shame it basically had the hunger games/snowcrash lite bolted on to it

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/goldman/status/1646004967667556354?s=46&t=rSc-CAl4ZevcACnaJdfMFg

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was just reading about that interview and he comes off as his usual idiotic self so, business as usual

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

priznat posted:

I was just reading about that interview and he comes off as his usual idiotic self so, business as usual

Thanks for looking into it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

His two follow up books are even worse.

Two????

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yeah, there was a time in the 2010s where everything had to be a trilogy. Can anyone tell me what happened in the second book of The Magicians?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Armada, a ripoff of Flight of the Navigator, and probably the worst of them. I only passively experienced all three via the 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back podcast but they seem to all be excruciating as gently caress, much like Musk.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1646017054053416960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016